Options

Ticket pricing

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

It wouldn't be the Ten Club Forum without 11 pages of bitching, moaning, and overanalyzing.

thats why i step in,,u know how i "love" people complaining!!
    :smiley:
  • Options
    kevtic said:

Not one whiner here has posted their profession and spoke to how they purposely keep the price of their service to a minimum so their consumer base isn't charged too much. They're all hypocrites. They seek to hold Ed to the highest standard, yet pursue as much profit as they can in their own line of work thinking that's different.

Even when you explain the very basic fact that his ticket prices are on par with other performers... they basically say he's not worth as much as those performers. Well hey man... it's simple then... don't go if you think he's not worth it. But for gawds sakes... keep your dignity versus look like an adult stomping his feet and pouting in a virtual kind of way.

In the work I do the service offered is free at the point of use and is paid for by advertisers. What that has to with Eddie Vedder is entriely moot.

Here is a nice example for you. I go to a lot of football matches in London, the ticket prices there are held firm and will go up slightly each season. In an effort to keep the fan base happy, onside and to get young people to come to the matches, games in the cup or european matches are prices at half that of league games. Sometimes more. In that instance they are building good relations with the fans and ensuring that young people who are the next generation of supporter has a chance to see the team play regardless of economic background.

They could charge double, triple the price and the 35,000 stadium would be full each week. But they choose not to. Just because there is an opportunity to exploit people it doesn't mean you have to take it.

I feel like I have to shout here as the message isn't getting through:
    HIS TICKETS AREN'T THE SAME PRICE AS OTHER PERFORMERS IN LONDON
    HIS TICKETS ARE AMONGST THE HIGHEST CONCERT TICKETS CURRENTLY IN LONDON
    HE HAS DOUBLED THE PRICE OF THE TICKET FROM A COUPLE OF YEARS BACK

And you are coming across as a really negative money driven republican btw.
    Ed's timeline is somewhat finite- he doesn't compare to a sports organization that yields its product every year until the next ice age.

And your vague reference to what you do hasn't absolved you of anything: if advertisers have paid for your services... ultimately the consumers have provided that money that you enjoy.

I'm not arguing that the ticket prices aren't high. I'm just saying that tarring and feathering Ed for the prices set is poor. If the venues sell out, then his management team did a good job understanding the market. I passed on the Eagles and I passed on Fleetwood Mac. I'm currently passing on Roger Waters. I'd like to go to these shows, but I balked at the price- my choice. I did not spaz out and whine about it.

Mike Trout isn't going to sign for a couple million a year out of principle. He is going to sign for what his talents demand. Expecting him to play for less so tickets can be cheaper for people to attend games and they can buy more beer and nachos with the extra money is ridiculous.

And I'm not a money driven republican. I'm a Canadian public school teacher. And a realist.
    I don't need to be absolved of anything thanks Jesus.

I am still at a loss as to how my career links to a professional musicians working practise......

The simple fact is he has charged in the upper price bracket for a concert that shouldn't be priced as such. And thats not stomping my feet as an adult, it's pointing out that an artist who supposedly holds sensibly priced tickets throughout his career as a bastion of good practise can suddenly go against that. If it's not him then it's his team or his promoter or whoever.

Also if you are a teacher and you use the word "spaz" you really need to have a good hard look at yourself.
    I'm not in front of my class right now. I'm in front of an entitled, spoiled adult.

Have a nice day.
    The complete lack of self awareness here is rather amusing.
    =)=)=)=)
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,025
    rssesq said:

Paid under $200 for 2 Roger tix in Hartford. I think Roger's stage set up is a little more costly. lol

What? You have any idea what a chair and a reel-to-reel tape players cost?
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133

People are prepared to pay more for Eddie?

so because people are prepared to pay more for ed than for sting it's ok for ed to charge 40pounds/euros more? ;)
    sounds like ed wants to take home more money than sting(and at the expense of his fan base) and sting is probably touring with a 4 piece band to pay!
    i understand where teaxistheSEVEN is coming from.
    Is it possible Sting has all the gear, crew & musicians he needs right there in London ready to go?

He does have a residence in London, and he also records there. I don't think it's a fair comparison.

Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds would probably be a more appropriate comparison, but then we could get into demand, etc.
    Ev is one man with a couple of guitars and a uke.
    It's not like he needs a full backline or his own lighting engineer
    I don’t pretend to know the details of the overhead involved, but I’m willing to bet it will cost EV more to perform a solo show at that venue than Sting an artist who lives & records in London. To me that seems like common sense, but I could be mistaken.
    (we don’t know how many people EV is traveling with or the overhead involved – yes, we can almost certainly assume it’s significantly less than if the full band was touring, but unless you have experience in the industry, your guess is no better than mine)

He’s also playing all of two gigs in the UK. That’s two shows to cover the expenses of traveling in & out of the country with his gear & crew. You could make the argument that he should play more dates, but maybe he hates touring & wants to be home with his young family? Who could blame him? I hate traveling for work. It’s all well & good when you’re single in your twenties, but when you’re in your 50s w/ young kids at home, where would you rather be?
    I think we've been over this ground and cited the guys from Dave Matthews playing the same venue for 2 nights as being a much more valid comparison. £52 a ticket.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,913
    How are Eddie's London prices out of line?

Eddie Vedder at the Eventim Apollo:

£61.75* - £94.75*
    £61.75 (£55.00 Ticket + £6.75 Fees) £94.75 (£85.00 Ticket + £9.75 Fees)

Sting at the Eventim Apollo (Seated):

£84.25* - £100.60*
    £84.25 (£75.00 Ticket + £9.25 Fees) £100.60 (£90.00 Ticket + £10.60 Fees)

Sting at the Eventim Apollo (Standing):

£68.40*
    £68.40 (£60.00 Ticket + £8.40 Fees)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,957

just_one said:

JimmyV said:

If these tickets were overpriced they wouldn't sell. We'll see what happens but I'm betting near every single ticket will sell. By definition then they cannot be overpriced. This band has spent more than two decades building its reputation as an incredible live act. Not every band has done that. Eddie is the front man. He's charging a price he knows he can get. I personally don't need any more explanation or rationalization than that. I'm not apologizing for Eddie or making excuses for Eddie because needs me to do neither. This is the price. Pay it or don't. I'm not in Europe but if I were I would to see him with Glen again. The 2012 shows in Florida were that good.

bam...its crazy....and what is most crazy shit is that people complaining fdor month where is tour announcement???
    after the rumors starts..where the fuck is the uk dates??when they get dates,,why is only london..and when go to buy tix..why is so expensive the ticket????
    they will not be happy with anything...if eddie visit their house..they will bitch why he didnt bring his own drinks and finish their wine...
    some sould live in Greece ,when they never get any fuckin dates and need 500 euros,..just to get out of the country to visit a country eddie and pj plays..they need a fuckin bus ride cost 2 dollars and 30 minutes to arrive to the venue..and some of us need to travel the half planet to see 3 hours of quality music..no need to mention people from asia-africa..they will never see them in their continent...
    this situATION shows who loves the BAnds and who loves them when its easy for them..
    when u love something u dont start with IF..ir ask for contitions to love it..
    we only live once.,,be fuckin happy and live the life and get what u can..today will never come back again..
    ill quote the lyrics of a song we not suppose to to "mention" here...bu changing one word..

Look around, she’ll NOT always be there.....

Gonna let it ride
    you do realise not all people are rich like you and cant spent 500 € (which is some cases is a month income) to go to other coutries multiples times and see a band play and that doesnt make them love PJ or Ed more than u right?

who said im rich,,,seems u are good in assuming thing..
    i just see t life half glass full and i donbt bitch for everything i cant do
    u love eddie when comes to portugal and its a greedy bad person charging alot when he doesnt play your country
    u sure aint a normal wage guy and if u say u are , u are just being a hypocrite or u have no sense of whats going on around you.

u go to a gazilion of shows every fuckin tour , which of itself is not cheap AT ALL!!

i love eddie when he comes to portugal but to be honest if he charged more than 100 fuckin euros for a ticket even here in lisbon i probably wouldnt go.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

£61.75* - £94.75*

£84.25* - £100.60*

£68.40*

Those prices weren't available when I made this thread.
    The only seats available to 10c were the top tier super high ones which are way above what they should be.
    Don't get me started on10c and offering cheaper seats hahaha
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

JimmyV said:

£61.75* - £94.75*

£84.25* - £100.60*

£68.40*

The only seats available to 10c were the top tier super high ones which are way above what they should be.
    How are they way above where they should be? 10C seats are going to be up close and they seemed to be priced right where they should be.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359

JimmyV said:

£61.75* - £94.75*

£84.25* - £100.60*

£68.40*

Yes, and if 10c offered the cheaper seats and you got sat in the back, you'd bitch about that too.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Not one whiner here has posted their profession and spoke to how they purposely keep the price of their service to a minimum so their consumer base isn't charged too much. They're all hypocrites. They seek to hold Ed to the highest standard, yet pursue as much profit as they can in their own line of work thinking that's different.

Even when you explain the very basic fact that his ticket prices are on par with other performers... they basically say he's not worth as much as those performers. Well hey man... it's simple then... don't go if you think he's not worth it. But for gawds sakes... keep your dignity versus look like an adult stomping his feet and pouting in a virtual kind of way.

In the work I do the service offered is free at the point of use and is paid for by advertisers. What that has to with Eddie Vedder is entriely moot.

Here is a nice example for you. I go to a lot of football matches in London, the ticket prices there are held firm and will go up slightly each season. In an effort to keep the fan base happy, onside and to get young people to come to the matches, games in the cup or european matches are prices at half that of league games. Sometimes more. In that instance they are building good relations with the fans and ensuring that young people who are the next generation of supporter has a chance to see the team play regardless of economic background.

They could charge double, triple the price and the 35,000 stadium would be full each week. But they choose not to. Just because there is an opportunity to exploit people it doesn't mean you have to take it.

Ed's timeline is somewhat finite- he doesn't compare to a sports organization that yields its product every year until the next ice age.

And your vague reference to what you do hasn't absolved you of anything: if advertisers have paid for your services... ultimately the consumers have provided that money that you enjoy.

I'm not arguing that the ticket prices aren't high. I'm just saying that tarring and feathering Ed for the prices set is poor. If the venues sell out, then his management team did a good job understanding the market. I passed on the Eagles and I passed on Fleetwood Mac. I'm currently passing on Roger Waters. I'd like to go to these shows, but I balked at the price- my choice. I did not spaz out and whine about it.

Mike Trout isn't going to sign for a couple million a year out of principle. He is going to sign for what his talents demand. Expecting him to play for less so tickets can be cheaper for people to attend games and they can buy more beer and nachos with the extra money is ridiculous.

And I'm not a money driven republican. I'm a Canadian public school teacher. And a realist.

I am still at a loss as to how my career links to a professional musicians working practise......

The simple fact is he has charged in the upper price bracket for a concert that shouldn't be priced as such. And thats not stomping my feet as an adult, it's pointing out that an artist who supposedly holds sensibly priced tickets throughout his career as a bastion of good practise can suddenly go against that. If it's not him then it's his team or his promoter or whoever.

Also if you are a teacher and you use the word "spaz" you really need to have a good hard look at yourself.
    I'm not in front of my class right now. I'm in front of an entitled, spoiled adult.

Have a nice day.
    Entitled and spoiled because I think a gig is overpriced......Hahahahahahaha

The fact that it's in your vernacular shows the kind of person you are. Bye now
    Man you really do feel the need to be judgemental eh? I mean, first Ed is a horrible human being that stomped on his fans because he charged too much for tickets... then the capitalist, greedy conservative who turned out to be a Canadian public school teacher needs to assess his personal qualities as a human being.

I think you need a hug. I'm willing to send you a Falla Sheep. When it gets to you... you can have something to play with when you're hammering away on your keyboard. If you tire of it... sell it on eBay for 12 dollars. Then... you can use that 12 dollars to offset Ed's criminal fee and the ticket prices will fall into your approved range.

Sound good?
    You said it, not me.
    I wouldn't have judged you if you hadn't said "spaz".

Haven't you got some kids to go and teach rather than hammering away on a keyboard....... mind what you say now.

It was you that jumped on me straight away on this thread. It's not 1991, been to any shows recently?
    Condescending and arrogant.

Now run along

There you go again.

I'm actually at the hospital supporting my child.

You don't get the Falla Sheep now.
    You can't be doing a very good job if you are constantly on tenclub.
    My excuse is I'm at work
    That's over the damn line.

Show some respect and empathy, the man said he's at the hospital with his child.

Which makes your concerns about ticket prices seem pretty damn minor in the big picture.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Dave and Tim at the Apollo went on sale in October and are not sold out in March. They are in no way comparable to Eddie Vedder, at least not in London with Glen Hansard in tow.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    AndoAndo Denver Posts: 410
    crazy to me people are complaining about this. Your favorite singer/band comes to your area maybe once every 5 years, and your reaction is im not paying 100 bucks? Feels like maybe you aren't that big of fan if your reaction isn't hell yeah i hope i get tickets its only 100 bucks for one of my biggest days of the year. What in your life is going to make you as excited as a EV or PJ day for that 100 bucks? I get if you cant pony up a 100 bucks but pick up a shift, sell something figure it out or your just going to regret not going the day after the show. But you'll still have the hondo in your wallet i guess
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    just_one said:

just_one said:

JimmyV said:

If these tickets were overpriced they wouldn't sell. We'll see what happens but I'm betting near every single ticket will sell. By definition then they cannot be overpriced. This band has spent more than two decades building its reputation as an incredible live act. Not every band has done that. Eddie is the front man. He's charging a price he knows he can get. I personally don't need any more explanation or rationalization than that. I'm not apologizing for Eddie or making excuses for Eddie because needs me to do neither. This is the price. Pay it or don't. I'm not in Europe but if I were I would to see him with Glen again. The 2012 shows in Florida were that good.

bam...its crazy....and what is most crazy shit is that people complaining fdor month where is tour announcement???
    after the rumors starts..where the fuck is the uk dates??when they get dates,,why is only london..and when go to buy tix..why is so expensive the ticket????
    they will not be happy with anything...if eddie visit their house..they will bitch why he didnt bring his own drinks and finish their wine...
    some sould live in Greece ,when they never get any fuckin dates and need 500 euros,..just to get out of the country to visit a country eddie and pj plays..they need a fuckin bus ride cost 2 dollars and 30 minutes to arrive to the venue..and some of us need to travel the half planet to see 3 hours of quality music..no need to mention people from asia-africa..they will never see them in their continent...
    this situATION shows who loves the BAnds and who loves them when its easy for them..
    we only live once.,,be fuckin happy and live the life and get what u can..today will never come back again..
    ill quote the lyrics of a song we not suppose to to "mention" here...bu changing one word..

Gonna let it ride
    you do realise not all people are rich like you and cant spent 500 € (which is some cases is a month income) to go to other coutries multiples times and see a band play and that doesnt make them love PJ or Ed more than u right?

u love eddie when comes to portugal and its a greedy bad person charging alot when he doesnt play your country
    u sure aint a normal wage guy and if u say u are , u are just being a hypocrite or u have no sense of whats going on around you.

u go to a gazilion of shows every fuckin tour , which of itself is not cheap AT ALL!!

i love eddie when he comes to portugal but to be honest if he charged more than 100 fuckin euros for a ticket even here in lisbon i probably wouldnt go.
    im not gonna call u names like u do....i have arguments in this conversation..cos i know how music intustry works and u clearly not
    second..its my life and i can spent my money the way i want...
    its your choice what u gonna do when pj goes go your country..
    if pj ever come to mine,...i will be at GA at the rail ...even if tickets costs 10 million euros and i need to rob the european bank for make that happen
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390
    Ando said:

crazy to me people are complaining about this. Your favorite singer/band comes to your area maybe once every 5 years, and your reaction is im not paying 100 bucks? Feels like maybe you aren't that big of fan if your reaction isn't hell yeah i hope i get tickets its only 100 bucks for one of my biggest days of the year. What in your life is going to make you as excited as a EV or PJ day for that 100 bucks? I get if you cant pony up a 100 bucks but pick up a shift, sell something figure it out or your just going to regret not going the day after the show. But you'll still have the hondo in your wallet i guess

Are you trying to say those better off are bigger fans because they will spend the money??
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Sting, comparably priced.
    Dave and Tim, underpriced but not sold out.

What exactly is the issue here again?

• Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,338
    edited March 2017
    Tell the captain the boats not safe and we're drowning!! Turns out hes the one making waves!!!
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    mrk2 said:

rssesq said:

Paid under $200 for 2 Roger tix in Hartford. I think Roger's stage set up is a little more costly. lol

What? You have any idea what a chair and a reel-to-reel tape players cost?
    he's prob bringing that big stick bird...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    just_one said:

JimmyV said:

Gonna let it ride

Bam!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,484
    my2hands said:

Have a nice day.
    Entitled and spoiled because I think a gig is overpriced......Hahahahahahaha

The fact that it's in your vernacular shows the kind of person you are. Bye now
    Man you really do feel the need to be judgemental eh? I mean, first Ed is a horrible human being that stomped on his fans because he charged too much for tickets... then the capitalist, greedy conservative who turned out to be a Canadian public school teacher needs to assess his personal qualities as a human being.

I think you need a hug. I'm willing to send you a Falla Sheep. When it gets to you... you can have something to play with when you're hammering away on your keyboard. If you tire of it... sell it on eBay for 12 dollars. Then... you can use that 12 dollars to offset Ed's criminal fee and the ticket prices will fall into your approved range.

Sound good?
    You said it, not me.
    I wouldn't have judged you if you hadn't said "spaz".

Haven't you got some kids to go and teach rather than hammering away on a keyboard....... mind what you say now.

It was you that jumped on me straight away on this thread. It's not 1991, been to any shows recently?
    Condescending and arrogant.

Now run along

There you go again.

I'm actually at the hospital supporting my child.

You don't get the Falla Sheep now.
    You can't be doing a very good job if you are constantly on tenclub.
    My excuse is I'm at work
    That's over the damn line.

Show some respect and empathy, the man said he's at the hospital with his child.

Which makes your concerns about ticket prices seem pretty damn minor in the big picture.
    Seriously......... talk about lacking self awareness.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Maybe its the VAT on the Corona box?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,516
    JimmyV said:

Now that the initial argument has been deemed to be moot the carry-over argument is pricing being out of reach for some fans. That is certainly a legitimate topic but probably won't end well here.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hasn't the OP posted a thread like this a few times before.
    I feel like OP has a real feel for "everything the band stands for" lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Hasn't the OP posted a thread like this a few times before.
    I feel like OP has a real feel for "everything the band stands for" lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JimmyV said:

man,i gave the exable..
    im going to dave- tim shows..
    31th march..vienna 140 euros
    next day at prague 60 euros..
    well they dont hate the austians and love the czechs..has to do with the venue and all mention in previous comments!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

JimmyV said:

Now that the initial argument has been deemed to be moot the carry-over argument is pricing being out of reach for some fans. That is certainly a legitimate topic but probably won't end well here.
    And that part I get. Tickets are expensive. Fenway tickets last August were $94 a piece. Worth it in my eyes but certainly expensive.

• Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Uh oh, Ed's ticket prices have started class warfare on the PJ boards haha. Now I'm just waiting for him to announce that he is now a Republican moving forward. Let's Make Ed Great Again! :)
  • Options

JimmyV said:

man,i gave the exable..
    well they dont hate the austians and love the czechs..has to do with the venue and all mention in previous comments!!!
    Yep. Plus, if they can't sellout in London I don't think they can be seriously compared to Eddie and Glen. And I like DMB a lot.

• Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    JimmyV said:

Dave and Tim at the Apollo went on sale in October and are not sold out in March. They are in no way comparable to Eddie Vedder, at least not in London with Glen Hansard in tow.

It's guys from America who are usually in a bigger band playing two nights at the same venue. Seems a fair comparison regarding pricing if they can do it for £52 why does vedder need to charge £95? Their outgoings will be pretty similar i would imagine. Whether sold out or not is irrelevant. I don't doubt Vedder will sell out but that's not what we are debating. People have thrown up various excuses and justifications for the top ticket price and here's a band doing it for much less in very similar set up.

Hansard in tow is irrelevant. He's the support act. While for some it's good because they like him Eddie is the headline act that is the attraction.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

It's guys from America who are usually in a bigger band playing two nights at the same venue. Seems a fair comparison regarding pricing if they can do it for £52 why does vedder need to charge £95? Their outgoings will be pretty similar i would imagine. Whether sold out or not is irrelevant. I don't doubt Vedder will sell out but that's not what we are debating. People have thrown up various excuses and justifications for the top ticket price and here's a band doing it for much less in very similar set up.

Hansard in tow is irrelevant. He's the support act. While for some it's good because they like him Eddie is the headline act that is the attraction.
    We'll find out. If Eddie sells out his shows with allegedly overpriced tickets while Dave and Tim cannot at a much cheaper price, the comparison won't seem very accurate or fair. One ticket will be in much higher demand than the other.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• Options
    edited March 2017

just_one said:

just_one said:

JimmyV said:

Gonna let it ride

im not gonna call u names like u do....i have arguments in this conversation..cos i know how music intustry works and u clearly not
    second..its my life and i can spent my money the way i want...
    its your choice what u gonna do when pj goes go your country..
    if pj ever come to mine,...i will be at GA at the rail ...even if tickets costs 10 million euros and i need to rob the european bank for make that happen
    Listen to this guy. He thinks hes an expert on how the music industry works! And anybody who disagrees with him doesnt understand how the music industry works. You would make a great american politician dimitris!

JimmyV said:

man,i gave the exable..
    Then why are ALL his shows over £100?? By this logic then he should have a show or 2 for 60 euros somewhere correct?? You just made the argument against yourself!!
    Post edited by primussucks on
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08