EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    I know it's expensive, but at least he hasn't gone the way of Neil Young. I remember wanting to see Neil in Seattle a few years ago at the Paramount, and face value tickets were like $250-350 USD each!
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    edited March 2017
    Damn. This is the first time since 1996 I am genuinely thinking of not attending a pearl jam related visit to Europe or the UK. Last time I had a gcse exam the next day and couldn't justify it. I was thinking a long weekend in Amsterdam and one of the London shows. One London show could well be it and even then that's an expensive night out. :s Chris Cornell at the Albert hall last year was £55 plus fees. Granted that is before 52% decided it was a good idea to devalue the pound but still. It's clearly first world problems on my part and there is nothing wrong with someone charging the going rate for their services. If the tickets were cheaper then scalpers would be making the money and I can't get with that. Like I said maybe one show rather than spoiling myself.
    Post edited by rw160510 on
  • Hello,

I have make 3 dates of choice for the tour. will my credit card will be debit for the 3 shows ?
    I dont understand ....If i'm selectted will i choose general admission ? i dont want seated tickets
  • The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,356
    I keep trying to enter the draw but when I submit it just says "saving" but then nothing happens. It refreshes to "submit" again. No confirmation email and nothing showing in the 'ticket's page :/
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mwplum said:

I know it's expensive, but at least he hasn't gone the way of Neil Young. I remember wanting to see Neil in Seattle a few years ago at the Paramount, and face value tickets were like $250-350 USD each!

Soon
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

I don't think he can do no wrong but I also think every one of these tickets is going to sell out at the price listed. I just don't fault him for getting what he can get when he can get it. That is how most everyone of us approaches our finances and careers.

Commonly known as greed.

The majority of us aren't in a position to sell our services to 1000s of people at the same time. Yes you can try and get a better job but it doesn't compare to selling a ticket for a gig.
    Commonly known as a hypocritical double standard.
    By who, me?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    just_one said:

just_one said:

Spags said:

Was 100% in..saw the ticket price...I'm out.

what price would you pay?
    between 45-60€ is the right price
    when u saw pj last time at this price?
    not at festival..
    cos oslo was 152 dollars per ticket 3 years ago..italy was 100 per ticket
    add now that are small venues eddie plays and not 50k stadium..
    Milan 2014 was 60€.

From the 6 shows i saw in europe in 2014 the most expensive was Berlin @ 74€.

The Oslo tickets were a wedding gift so i dont know who much they were but if my memory serves me right this is what we paid(our honeymoon was seeing PJ around Europe) :

Amsterdam 55€ each night
    Milan 60€
    Vienna 50€
    Berlin 74€
    dude,,are u kidding me???
    i went to allt he shows u put the prices,,

amsteram was..was 188 usa dollars the 10c pair.andf was the cheapest of all tour.do u know how much is 188 usa?
    177 euros..that makes it makes it 86 euros per ticket
    we are taslking about 10c tix..

ticket prices
    milan : pair 240 usd 120 dollars per tix aka 113 euros per ticket
    Trieste: 233 usd -116 dollars per tix aka 113 euros per ticket
    Vienna :211 usd 105 dollars per tix aka 99 euros per ticket
    Berlin : 228 usd -114 dollars per tix aka 107 euros per ticket
    Stockholm 278 usd - 139 dollars per tix aka 131 euros per ticket
    oslo : 304 usd -152 dollars per tix aka 143 euros per ticket

thats the prices i paid for 10c tix
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

I don't think he can do no wrong but I also think every one of these tickets is going to sell out at the price listed. I just don't fault him for getting what he can get when he can get it. That is how most everyone of us approaches our finances and careers.

Commonly known as greed.

The majority of us aren't in a position to sell our services to 1000s of people at the same time. Yes you can try and get a better job but it doesn't compare to selling a ticket for a gig.
    By who, me?
    Are you not excusing yourself for doing it while simultaneously accusing Eddie of greed?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    No Scotland date, not surprised really, PJ haven't played here since Binaural tour.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    The bad news is Taormina is down to 86%. The good news is it hasn't moved in 5 minutes. :lol:
    m
    PJNB said:

The bad news is Taormina is down to 86%. The good news is it hasn't moved in 5 minutes. :lol:

84%
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Plankton said:

Plankton said:

I can't believe those prices. I just can't believe it's £120 a ticket for Amsterdam for a solo act small venue gig. £100 a ticket for London.

It's not worth it out of principle for me. Maybe I'll cave and just afford one London date but still, what a sour taste. What a conflict that is with the feeling and vibe of the previous EV shows I've been to.

There are other ways... No way does an artist in EV's position have to be charging that much.

So you want the scalpers to make all the money?
    Come on. Scalpers will still go to town on these shows. You think high ticket prices is away of stopping ticket scalping? Let's not get into a bigger issue of ticket companies actively supporting scalping all the time and how to stop that... Irrelevant to this issue.

Other big acts at the same venues aren't charging this much. This is being scalped directly with no chance of getting a fair price in the first place!
    Iron Maiden just had huge success in keeping the number of tix going to touts to a minimum.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625

m

PJNB said:

84%
    Level 1 is going to be impossible. Level 2 is where it's at with the view of the city imo. It doesn't look like you will have a bad seat in the house .
    PJNB said:

m

PJNB said:

84%
    Level 1 is going to be impossible. Level 2 is where it's at with the view of the city imo. It doesn't look like you will have a bad seat in the house .
    i enter level 2,,love the view.,.i ve been to shows and theater plays in ancient greek theaters alot of times..,,the acoust is epic in whole veniue,no matter where u sit..and the view is unreal there
    JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

Commonly known as greed.

By who, me?
    Are you not excusing yourself for doing it while simultaneously accusing Eddie of greed?
    if you can point to where I've done that it would be helpful.

Your attempt at a comparison using jobs and careers isn't a valid one. A better comparison would be more akin to PJ starting out in the smaller venues and working their way up to arenas/stadiums. All perfectly acceptable and I wouldn't expect to pay the same for PJ show in 2017 that I did in 1993. Same as you would do in your job/career where you start on the lower rung and work your way up over a number of years to a better job. I don't see how you could be accused of greed in that scenario.

A more valid comparison would be the times I've had tickets for gigs where i could have sold them for many times their value. PJ shows at the Astoria and Shepherds bush are relevant to this discussion. On both occasions i sold them at face value to a PJ fan. If i was being greedy i could have sold them to the highest bidder but i would have felt I'd ripped them off. By the same token PJ could have sold the tickets at a much higher price but chose not to.

In Eddie's case on these shows he is charging what I consider to be an exorbitant price, way above what he has previously charged and also way above what a lot of much bigger acts are currently charging. That I consider to be greed. You may consider it something else and that's your opinion.
  • Generally the tickets are not to expensive, as long as they keep selling.
    But come on...we are not at the opera. Why not auction all tickets ? Artist and promoter will maximize their income and get the audience they deserve.
    Very disappointed, first time thinking of not going. It's not that I can not afford, I just don't want to pay these mad prices.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Mad prices???? Come on....
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    I caught both nights in London last time, was well worth £50 a ticket.
    Nature drunk and High
  • wookieboywookieboy Posts: 25
    So I'm excited about the possibility of seeing Eddie live in London again. Would love to go to both shows so thinking of entering the lottery for both.

Trouble is these are effort a pair as usual and on this occasion if I am lucky to get a pair I will have to go on my own as someone will have to stay at home with my daughter.

So what's the deal with a spare ticket?

Or should I take my chances in the general sale.

Last time I won tickets in the lottery for the apollo show in 2012 they weren't the best, but at least I was in the room.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

kevtic said:

JimmyV said:

Commonly known as greed.

By who, me?
    if you can point to where I've done that it would be helpful.

Your attempt at a comparison using jobs and careers isn't a valid one. A better comparison would be more akin to PJ starting out in the smaller venues and working their way up to arenas/stadiums. All perfectly acceptable and I wouldn't expect to pay the same for PJ show in 2017 that I did in 1993. Same as you would do in your job/career where you start on the lower rung and work your way up over a number of years to a better job. I don't see how you could be accused of greed in that scenario.

A more valid comparison would be the times I've had tickets for gigs where i could have sold them for many times their value. PJ shows at the Astoria and Shepherds bush are relevant to this discussion. On both occasions i sold them at face value to a PJ fan. If i was being greedy i could have sold them to the highest bidder but i would have felt I'd ripped them off. By the same token PJ could have sold the tickets at a much higher price but chose not to.

In Eddie's case on these shows he is charging what I consider to be an exorbitant price, way above what he has previously charged and also way above what a lot of much bigger acts are currently charging. That I consider to be greed. You may consider it something else and that's your opinion.
    How is it not valid? Eddie is charging a rate he can get. Again, every ticket will sell. If you could double your hourly rate or your salary you would, would you not? That you cannot is irrelevant to my point. Either both are greed or neither is greed. Saying one is and one is not is applying a hypocritical double standard.

The closest comparison to Eddie and his ticket prices is you and your salary, not what you do with extra concert tickets.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    edited March 2017

Mad prices???? Come on....

Yes for theater shows that have minimal production costs and rental fees, these prices are mad!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    wookieboy said:

So I'm excited about the possibility of seeing Eddie live in London again. Would love to go to both shows so thinking of entering the lottery for both.

Trouble is these are effort a pair as usual and on this occasion if I am lucky to get a pair I will have to go on my own as someone will have to stay at home with my daughter.

So what's the deal with a spare ticket?

Or should I take my chances in the general sale.

Last time I won tickets in the lottery for the apollo show in 2012 they weren't the best, but at least I was in the room.

You can enter both but you can only get tickets for one show so no harm in entering both.
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Prices are ridiculous but worth it in my opinion seeing as it's been 5 years since the last Euro tour, hoping for both London dates and Dublin in the pre-sale
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• rangers72rangers72 lockerbie.uk Posts: 141
    jeez,i wonder what happened in Glasgow in 2000 that made them not want to come back.christ springsteens been here3 times in the last few years.sadly dont think they will ever play scotland again.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    JimmyV said:

Wow. That last night of the tour is going to be something special.

Can you imagine hearing Falling Slowly at that venue? Would be amazing.
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    edited March 2017
    It's a kind of funny that we talked about prices about the shows for eddie. A lot of people at this form payed easily 250$ for a vinyl record or a poster,shirt,jacket etc
    Post edited by arnhem1976 on
  • Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 235
    ok - blonde moment - why can i not see the tour odds since I made my selection - i thought on the previous tours you could still see them right up to closing time. Or am i imagining things haha
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    rangers72 said:

jeez,i wonder what happened in Glasgow in 2000 that made them not want to come back.christ springsteens been here3 times in the last few years.sadly dont think they will ever play scotland again.

Or what happened in Helsinki way back in 1993 that made them skip Finland ever since.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368

It's a kind of funny that we talked about prices about the shows for eddie. A lot of people at this form payed easily 250$ for a vinyl record or a poster,shirt,jacket etc

Ha good point. Nothing beats a live performance yet people will pay high dollars for a poster. Nothing wrong with it, but cant complain about the shows being the same amount.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016