The New York Knicks Offical Thread

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    "Your fans don't like you"
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Wma31394 said:

Is melo even worth all this drama? From what i see hes just a scorer that is lazy in all other aspects of the game.

Glad you asked, lol!

He is THE BEST isolation scorer in the NBA. If you need a shot late in the game then you go to him. Unfortunately the Knicks never seem to have themselves in that position...

I hate on Melo a lot because I don't like his style of play, no defense, he's not a leader and said as much in interviews. So again to answer your question, no he is not worth it.
    Melo seems like a good dude. It's not his fault phil and dolan massively overpaid him or that they surrounded him with crap. they knew what they were getting.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    To answer WMA's question.....the answer is no. He's not worth the drama.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wobbie said:

Wma31394 said:

Is melo even worth all this drama? From what i see hes just a scorer that is lazy in all other aspects of the game.

Glad you asked, lol!

He is THE BEST isolation scorer in the NBA. If you need a shot late in the game then you go to him. Unfortunately the Knicks never seem to have themselves in that position...

I hate on Melo a lot because I don't like his style of play, no defense, he's not a leader and said as much in interviews. So again to answer your question, no he is not worth it.
    Melo seems like a good dude. It's not his fault phil and dolan massively overpaid him or that they surrounded him with crap. they knew what they were getting.
    Yep. Did they think Melo was suddenly going to start playing D and become a great leader this late in his career??

What a mess. The Knicks make me feel better about being a Bulls fan...just a little bit.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    edited February 2017
    My opinion on Melo and the Knicks: (Though he still can be) He shouldn't be the 1st option anymore. I think if he doesn't have to create his own space, he will be more effective and the ball will move more which will be beneficial for the team. At this stage, he is now the guy someone has to find open, averaging 15ish a game and not isolating and creating shots for himself. Maybe posting up some because he is still pretty damn strong. BUT, putting him in that role requires an effective facilitator and a consistent 1st option which the Knicks don't have. Also, I think the Knicks are okay on O and can put up a lot of points except they let the other team score more. Which really is the main prob. Not Melo. These dudes barely show up on defense. Rose and Noah are just kinda there. Lee is alright, but he is most effective when he brings players to their weakside into help, which wont work if there is no help. Lance is a good defensive guy but you're pretty much playing 4 on 5 on offense with him on. KP is also a liability on D and either has poor discipline, or gives up too much space (hopefully he'll learn). Lastly, Melo on defense is... well, Melo on defense.
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    The Melo window has closed for Knicks. They have to build around wily and Kristop. Love Melo and the work he has done for the Knicks.
  • EB218946 said:

The Melo window has closed for Knicks. They have to build around wily and Kristop. Love Melo and the work he has done for the Knicks.

Work he's done for the Knicks? Remind me of what that is again?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    How could they not trade Rose?
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:

They must want to give him a contract at the end of the year. That is the only reason I can think of...

igotid88 said:

They must want to give him a contract at the end of the year. That is the only reason I can think of...
    I heard on the radio that they almost had a deal for Rubio. But the Knicks wanted at least one more piece in the deal. But by the time they agreed for a straight up deal. It was too late.
    I miss igotid88
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Anthony when asked if he understands the direction of management: "No, not now. No to be honest with you. No I think they were kind of planning on the trade deadline whether they were trying to make moves, I think that was one plan.
    "Now they've got to get back to the drawing board and come up with another plan about the future of this team."
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Knicks Basketball....
    Since it doesn't look like anybody wants to come here. We need to go for that lottery pick. Forget about "trying" to make the playoffs
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Since it doesn't look like anybody wants to come here. We need to go for that lottery pick. Forget about "trying" to make the playoffs

I'm torn because I still think the Knicks can make a late push for playoffs due to schedule and this draft class is overhyped, but again 1. I'm not a scout, 2. We lost to the fucking Embiid-less Sixers. So worst case, we don't make a push and pick an overhyped player. Nothing new I guess.
    They should have given the ball at the end of the game to Lance Thomas to shoot instead of Melo. Melo was not shooting well at all.
    igotid88 said:

You want to tank?
    chinese-happy.jpg

igotid88 said:

You want to tank?
    Not for 3 years on purpose. I would like it if they made the playoffs. But I would understand if they wanted a better position.
    I miss igotid88
    EB218946 said:

They should have given the ball at the end of the game to Lance Thomas to shoot instead of Melo. Melo was not shooting well at all.

I think Lee took the last shot
    R.I.P John Andariese
    I miss igotid88
    Oh wow yeah Rest In Peace John. So many great games he and Marv called for the Knicks.
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

You want to tank?
    Not for 3 years on purpose. I would like it if they made the playoffs. But I would understand if they wanted a better position.
    After those 3 years the Sixers have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, two potential lottery picks this year and the Kings pick next year among other valuable future picks to go along with the most cap space in the league.

What do the Knicks have after these past few years? Which franchise is in better position to succeed in the coming years? I'll take the Sixers in this bet all day long....
    chinese-happy.jpg

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

You want to tank?
    After those 3 years the Sixers have Embiid, Simmons, Saric, two potential lottery picks this year and the Kings pick next year among other valuable future picks to go along with the most cap space in the league.

What do the Knicks have after these past few years? Which franchise is in better position to succeed in the coming years? I'll take the Sixers in this bet all day long....
    I only say that because we haven't been winning in a long time. And not getting anything for Rose or Jennings hurt.
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

You want to tank?

I only say that because we haven't been winning in a long time. And not getting anything for Rose or Jennings hurt.
    There was a report that the Knicks were going to basically give away Melo to the Clippers but they didn't want him.

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

You want to tank?

There was a report that the Knicks were going to basically give away Melo to the Clippers but they didn't want him.
    He would have to approve it anyway
    I miss igotid88
    We lost to Brooklyn twice in the same week
    I miss igotid88
    Well Rose's knee injury came.
    I miss igotid88
    Pattick Ewing is the new head coach of Georgetown. I wish the Knicks had given him some type of coaching position
    I miss igotid88
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    igotid88 said:

Well Rose's knee injury came.

He almost lasted the whole year. Almost.

I feel bad for him. He was great but needs to hang up the kicks.
    Knicks not even tanking right
    I miss igotid88
    edited May 2017
    Because the Knicks won their last game. That cost them the chance to get more ping pong balls to get into the top 3. Knicks pick 8th
    I miss igotid88