espn, you suck

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

pjhawks said:

Are they really dismantling Mike and Mike? I heard that a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.

yes. Greenberg is going to do a morning TV show on ESPN. Not sure who is going to be with Golic.

Brent Musburger retiring on Jan 31 as well. wonder if he was forced out. kind of sudden to hear that he is retiring next week
    Hmm I wonder if that's why Golic's son is on the show all the time these days. I could go for a Golic and Son show. Greenberg just annoys me. I doubt I'll watch his show.

pjhawks said:

Are they really dismantling Mike and Mike? I heard that a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.

yes. Greenberg is going to do a morning TV show on ESPN. Not sure who is going to be with Golic.

Brent Musburger retiring on Jan 31 as well. wonder if he was forced out. kind of sudden to hear that he is retiring next week
    Hmm I wonder if that's why Golic's son is on the show all the time these days. I could go for a Golic and Son show. Greenberg just annoys me. I doubt I'll watch his show.
    Greeny is who he is....the whole vibe is wimpy jewish guy and dopey pollack jock.....golic and son wouldn't have that. Golic can get another partner but the show will be different. maybe he could get jeff van gundy?
    Wobbie loves him some ESPN...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Wobbie said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Greeny is who he is....the whole vibe is wimpy jewish guy and dopey pollack jock.....golic and son wouldn't have that. Golic can get another partner but the show will be different. maybe he could get jeff van gundy?
    Mike and Mike is so bad....I can't believe people actually listen to that nonsense. Their whole shtick is so fucking lame.
  • Wobbie said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Yeah the other day they were discussing the fact that Greeny eats sandwiches with a knife and fork. Jeez. I used to only watch/ listen during the NCAA tournament but lately I've been watching because I just can't watch any of the morning news shows anymore.
    I'm through with screaming
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

F Le Batard - perpetuating the lies about the Pats

The guy is freaking clueless. Has no idea what Spygate was really about.
    no idea what Le Batard said but I'd love to hear a Pats fan take on what Spygate was about you know other than cheating to win games.
    Spygate plain and simple was about the Pats filming the Jets D Coordinator giving signals during the game from a prohibited spot in the stadium. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The Pats broke the rule, everyone had been doing it, the league sent a memo to stop and only film from permitted locations, Belichick disobeyed, thinking Mangini would never turn him in, but Mangini did. Not cheating, violating a rule. Taping the opponent's coaches is allowed, just not from the location the Pats were caught doing it.

LeBatard said the Pats taped opponents' practices, which is a fallacy. John Thomase ran with an unsubstantiated story the night before SB 42 that the Pats taped the Rams walk through before SB 36. He never checked sources. The guy who told him the story made it up, that later came to light. Thomase retracted his story, lost his credential with the Pats and ultimately his job at the Boston Herald.

What is your belief?
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart
    my belief is that they are flat out cheaters who have stolen victories and super bowls and have been doing so since the early 2000s. see story above.
    And from that story, just what I said....

the opening Sunday of the 2007 season. During the first half of the New England Patriots' game against the New York Jets at Giants Stadium, a 26-year-old Patriots video assistant named Matt Estrella had been caught on the sideline, illegally videotaping Jets coaches' defensive signals, beginning the scandal known as Spygate

And

In the coming years, the Patriots would become baffled by those persistent rumors, which were mostly fueled by a pre-Super Bowl 2008 Boston Herald report -- later retracted -- that a team videographer had taped it. Some media outlets -- including ESPN -- have inadvertently repeated it as fact. According to Patriots spokesman Stacey James, "The New England Patriots have never filmed or recorded another team's practice or walkthrough. ... Clearly the damage has been irreparable. ... It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than give credit to coach Belichick, his staff and the players."

And a lot of losing teams complaining in hindsight, and one nut job Senator from your state who should never have been allowed to hold office since he wasted taxpayers' money and Congress' time on football.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    i'm

Wobbie said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Wobbie loves him some ESPN...
    as tweedyfan said, it sure beats the news these days....

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

no idea what Le Batard said but I'd love to hear a Pats fan take on what Spygate was about you know other than cheating to win games.
    Spygate plain and simple was about the Pats filming the Jets D Coordinator giving signals during the game from a prohibited spot in the stadium. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The Pats broke the rule, everyone had been doing it, the league sent a memo to stop and only film from permitted locations, Belichick disobeyed, thinking Mangini would never turn him in, but Mangini did. Not cheating, violating a rule. Taping the opponent's coaches is allowed, just not from the location the Pats were caught doing it.

LeBatard said the Pats taped opponents' practices, which is a fallacy. John Thomase ran with an unsubstantiated story the night before SB 42 that the Pats taped the Rams walk through before SB 36. He never checked sources. The guy who told him the story made it up, that later came to light. Thomase retracted his story, lost his credential with the Pats and ultimately his job at the Boston Herald.

What is your belief?
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart
    my belief is that they are flat out cheaters who have stolen victories and super bowls and have been doing so since the early 2000s. see story above.

the opening Sunday of the 2007 season. During the first half of the New England Patriots' game against the New York Jets at Giants Stadium, a 26-year-old Patriots video assistant named Matt Estrella had been caught on the sideline, illegally videotaping Jets coaches' defensive signals, beginning the scandal known as Spygate

And

In the coming years, the Patriots would become baffled by those persistent rumors, which were mostly fueled by a pre-Super Bowl 2008 Boston Herald report -- later retracted -- that a team videographer had taped it. Some media outlets -- including ESPN -- have inadvertently repeated it as fact. According to Patriots spokesman Stacey James, "The New England Patriots have never filmed or recorded another team's practice or walkthrough. ... Clearly the damage has been irreparable. ... It is disappointing that some choose to believe in myths, conjecture and rumors rather than give credit to coach Belichick, his staff and the players."

And a lot of losing teams complaining in hindsight, and one nut job Senator from your state who should never have been allowed to hold office since he wasted taxpayers' money and Congress' time on football.
    first off you asked me my opinion and i gave it.

2nd yes everyone is lying including all the other owners and the multiple disciplinary actions by the league have no merit. got it.
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

What is your belief?

And

2nd yes everyone is lying including all the other owners and the multiple disciplinary actions by the league have no merit. got it.
    Right cause that's what I said.
    Complaining from teams who lost without any proof of any other wrongdoing besides the specific violation of taping coaches signals from the wrong location:

The Steelers were shocked in the 2004 AFC title game that the Pats seemed to know what plays they were running when they used the same signals as they had all season including a game against the Pats earlier in the year...that's not the Pats cheating that's the Steelers being stupid. Game films are available for anyone to study and the coaches signals are there for the deciphering, if you never change them you are flat out stupid.

Rams allowing personnel in Patriots' gear to be in the stadium on your final walk through the day before the Super Bowl (no they didn't tape, but they did as the story explains observe), that's just as stupid as it gets, not a surprise when Mike Martz is the head coach though.

Every team looks for an advantage, Belichick leaves no stone unturned.
    If you are dumb and leave the info out to be used, and your opponent uses it, that's on you.
    So did they break a rule during Spygate and get punished, yes. Have they systematically cheated for 2 decades...no.
    Were they unjustly punished for Deflategate? Absolutely. Even if you could prove they did it (and the Wells report, if you decide to take the time to read it has no actual proof, just conjecture which can be explained through science, not to mention officials using 2 differently calibrated gauges to test the balls and getting 2 sets of readings and the a couple of Colts' balls also being low, but hey we ran out of time to check the rest of Indy's as the 2nd half was due to start so nothing to see there), that type of equipment violation warrants a fine by league rules (unless you are the Steelers this year vs the Giants, then we look the other way as a league, cause it was cold that day), like the fine the Chargers got for placing a stick'um drenched towel on balls, or maybe just a warning like the Vikings and Panthers got for heating balls on the sidelines on a cold day.

So how are the Pats 16-2 this year, did they cheat this year too?
    How did they outscore the Colts 28-0 in the 2nd half after the balls were corrected?
    How did they possibly beat the vaunted Seahags 2 weeks later without cheating?

Come on, give it up, the Eagles lost 12 years ago. Arlen Specter is dead (good news for the taxpayers of PA). Chunky Soup and Andy Reid have both moved on, you should too.
    edited January 2017
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

What is your belief?

And

Complaining from teams who lost without any proof of any other wrongdoing besides the specific violation of taping coaches signals from the wrong location:

The Steelers were shocked in the 2004 AFC title game that the Pats seemed to know what plays they were running when they used the same signals as they had all season including a game against the Pats earlier in the year...that's not the Pats cheating that's the Steelers being stupid. Game films are available for anyone to study and the coaches signals are there for the deciphering, if you never change them you are flat out stupid.

Rams allowing personnel in Patriots' gear to be in the stadium on your final walk through the day before the Super Bowl (no they didn't tape, but they did as the story explains observe), that's just as stupid as it gets, not a surprise when Mike Martz is the head coach though.

If you are dumb and leave the info out to be used, and your opponent uses it, that's on you.
    So did they break a rule during Spygate and get punished, yes. Have they systematically cheated for 2 decades...no.
    Were they unjustly punished for Deflategate? Absolutely. Even if you could prove they did it (and the Wells report, if you decide to take the time to read it has no actual proof, just conjecture which can be explained through science, not to mention officials using 2 differently calibrated gauges to test the balls and getting 2 sets of readings and the a couple of Colts' balls also being low, but hey we ran out of time to check the rest of Indy's as the 2nd half was due to start so nothing to see there), that type of equipment violation warrants a fine by league rules (unless you are the Steelers this year vs the Giants, then we look the other way as a league, cause it was cold that day), like the fine the Chargers got for placing a stick'um drenched towel on balls, or maybe just a warning like the Vikings and Panthers got for heating balls on the sidelines on a cold day.

How did they outscore the Colts 28-0 in the 2nd half after the balls were corrected?

Come on, give it up, the Eagles lost 12 years ago. Arlen Specter is dead (good news for the taxpayers of PA). Chunky Soup and Andy Reid have both moved on, you should too.
    ah the Pats and their alternate facts. must be why Trump is buddies with the whole lot of them.

and I should get over it but in the NFL thread you are still complaining about a non-call from the late 1970s. all righty then :confused:
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Pats fans are more sensitive than Trump

Bump
    edited January 2017
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

What is your belief?

And

ah the Pats and their alternate facts. must be why Trump is buddies with the whole lot of them.

and I should get over it but in the NFL thread you are still complaining about a non-call from the late 1970s. all righty then :confused:
    I wasn't complaining I just made mention of the fact when discussing the quality of the 70's teams. Slight difference.
    edited January 2017

Poncier said:

d'oh!

let's get back to thread integrity. hannah storm is the worst.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Nah, Lebatard still retains that title, also implied the Pats were racists earlier this week cause they have white WR's (apparently he has never seen Malcolm Mitchell and Michael Floyd) and the Falcons have African American WR's.

http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/01/24/dan-le-batard-cowers-after-implying-patriots-prefer-white-wide-receivers
    Poncier said:

Wobbie said:

Poncier said:

d'oh!

let's get back to thread integrity. hannah storm is the worst.
    Counterpoint. Hannah Storm is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LBrIl9TGDw
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Poncier said:

Nah, Lebatard still retains that title, also implied the Pats were racists earlier this week cause they have white WR's (apparently he has never seen Malcolm Mitchell and Michael Floyd) and the Falcons have African American WR's.

http://mashup.weei.com/sports/2017/01/24/dan-le-batard-cowers-after-implying-patriots-prefer-white-wide-receivers

You are not going to like Lebatard if you are an over enthusiastic sports fan.
    He will make fun of your team.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.

Poncier said:

Malroth said:

Poncier said:

Making fun is one thing, implying racism is another.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I personally think Lebatard's show is hilarious. I love when his Dad goes off the rails.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Malroth said:

Poncier said:

That show with him, his dad and Bomani Jones is one of the worst things I have ever seen. How the fuck do people watch some of this nonsense on ESPN???

Malroth said:

Poncier said:

That show with him, his dad and Bomani Jones is one of the worst things I have ever seen. How the fuck do people watch some of this nonsense on ESPN???
    I have no idea.

Watch this channel for the games and nothing else.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited January 2017
    The only ESPN anchors I can really appreciate are Lindsay Czarniak, Linda Cohn, Steve Levy, Bob Ley, and the College Game Day crew sans Herbstreit.
  • I can barely even watch College Game Day anymore. Too long and too hard to watch Corso.
    I'm through with screaming
    other than live games ESPN is unwatchable. they are in trouble too as each conference and each league adds more games to their own channels.
    espn, you suck.....because you continue to slurp the 633rd best golfer in the world.

fuck tiger.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    Poncier said:

Malroth said:

Poncier said:

Cowherd was booted for implying racism;
    so either Lebatard is above the law, or you're a crazy fan.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    Malroth said:

Poncier said:

Malroth said:

Poncier said:

Cowherd was booted for implying racism;
    so either Lebatard is above the law, or you're a crazy fan.
    What do you think he's implying here?:

Is anyone going to, at any point in 2017 America, point out the contrasting styles we have in this Super Bowl? Two very different cities, the wide receiver cores for both teams are very different,” he said. “When is that going to become a thing as we head towards Super Bowl week and we’re going to have to talk about everything and people are going to get tired of the chess match. Is anybody going to dare to wander into that topic? You’ve got Julio [Jones] and Muhammad [Sanu] and [Julian] Edelman. No? We’re going to avoid that?”
    Wobbie said:

espn, you suck.....because you continue to slurp the 633rd best golfer in the world.

fuck tiger.

Oh.....you mean the greatest golfer to ever play the game? Ha.....go ahead and blame golf channel, nbc, abc, fox,and cbs (whenever they broadcast a tourney with him in the field) while you are at it too because espn clearly is not alone in this. Nor should they be--it is a legitimate story to see the greatest golfer you've ever seen make a comeback after a year and half off.

Just like Jordan was a big story at the end of his career when he was a shell of his former self. Not covering Tiger would be ridiculous and you know it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    edited January 2017
    Does anyone else find Pablo Torres to be overly annoying?

He should NOT be a commentator. If this is the future of ESPN then they are doomed...

Does anyone else find Pablo Torres to be overly annoying?

He should NOT be a commentator. If this is the future of ESPN then they are doomed...

I guess I am happy to have never heard of this guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg