Options

NASCAR and Eddie Vedder

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231

Great job, Ed

Hey, congrats on a post we can all understand! I guess Satan's Bed got too cold :-)
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

Not wild about this. Tony Stewart has blood on his hands...

Let me get this straight; you're not "wild about" a charity receiving a shit-ton of money as a donation to help others? You obviously have your own issues that need to be dealt with ffs.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options

Let me get this straight; you're not "wild about" a charity receiving a shit-ton of money as a donation to help others? You obviously have your own issues that need to be dealt with ffs.
    Maybe I can help you out here. The money donation is great, no doubt. The money was donated in Tony's name, Tony clearly ran a guy over on purpose. He should not have been out there, but Tony straight up ran him over. Money donated good, maybe guys name it came from not so good.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,853
    cool and all. I know him and tony are friends, never really pictured him as a NASCAR fan though.

Go Junior! (next year since Jimmie Johnson won his 7th championship this year).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "Are we on TV? That’s un-fucking-believable!!
    epic!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Never in a million years would I have thought that Vedder would be involved with NASCAR! Great gesture from the NASCAR community!

Long time Gordon fan and NASCAR fan.

Very cool.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I actually have a bit of respect for NASCAR now.
  • Options

I actually have a bit of respect for NASCAR now.

Love NASCAR. Give it a chance!
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    ^^i've tried. it just isnt happening for me.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Not a NASCAR fan, but have a lot of respect for the drivers & the sport. It's just not my thing.

That being said, very cool to see this story!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    I'm close friends with two NASCAR drivers. They are some of the most giving and generous sports figures, with both their time and money, that you will ever find. One of them told me he heard Ed was supposed to be there and I was like "What? No way." and sure enough, there he was. Awesome to see!
  • Options
    THE LOOKTHE LOOK Posts: 324
    Awesome!!! NC has love for PJ!
    Bigfoot is blurry.
    - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    It's the Year of Eddie!
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    watched the video, just awesome, hopefully that money helps a lot of people.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Indy Car > Nascar
    Ed being there = weird
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278

Maybe I can help you out here. The money donation is great, no doubt. The money was donated in Tony's name, Tony clearly ran a guy over on purpose. He should not have been out there, but Tony straight up ran him over. Money donated good, maybe guys name it came from not so good.
    On purpose? How the fuck should he have handled a moron walking in front of his fast moving car during a night race? In the video the guy clearly walked in front of a moving vehicle, it happened so fast Stewart couldn't get around him.
    You're a fucking dick.
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    IBTL
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    ^^uh oh. You're gonna get in trouble and sent to time out... :nuh_uh:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,234
    edited December 2016

On purpose? How the fuck should he have handled a moron walking in front of his fast moving car during a night race? In the video the guy clearly walked in front of a moving vehicle, it happened so fast Stewart couldn't get around him.
    You're a fucking dick.
    Hahahahaha! In the video Tony clearly swerves to hit him, not avoid him. He swings his ass end right at him. The car in front of Tony seem to be able miss him in the dark just fine.
    Post edited by elvistheking44 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2016

You're a fucking dick.
    Hahahahaha! In the video Tony clearly swerves to hit him, not avoid him. He swings his ass end right at him. The car in front of Tony seem to be able miss him in the dark just fine.
    Interesting, the video I watched of it showed him swerve just as he hit the guy. Could have been trying to move. I can't tell what his intention was so I will leave it to the experts. Anyways, since we are moving away from the good of this thread. I will just leave this here.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/no-charges-for-nascar-star-tony-stewart-in-on-track-death/?client=ms-android-verizon

"Approximately two dozen witnesses testified in front of the grand jury, including a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstruction experts, medical personnel and a number of police officers. The grand jury also reviewed photographs and video recordings, as well as other evidence, according to the district attorney's office."

No charges.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • Options

You're a fucking dick.
    Interesting, the video I watched of it showed him swerve just as he hit the guy. Could have been trying to move. I can't tell what his intention was so I will leave it to the experts. Anyways, since we are moving away from the good of this thread. I will just leave this here.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/no-charges-for-nascar-star-tony-stewart-in-on-track-death/?client=ms-android-verizon

"Approximately two dozen witnesses testified in front of the grand jury, including a number of race car drivers, racetrack employees and volunteers, two accident reconstruction experts, medical personnel and a number of police officers. The grand jury also reviewed photographs and video recordings, as well as other evidence, according to the district attorney's office."

No charges.
    The money donation is amazing don't get me wrong. In my eyes Tony's car fish tales into him just as the front end of his car passes, hitting him with the back right tire. Remember no charges were brought against the guys who beat the shit out of Rodney King, but they certainly did beat his ass....on camera.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Such a great donation from the NASCAR community. Ed's genuine surprise plus his bleeped response was great. 1.8 million for EB research. Truly remarkable.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539

You're a fucking dick.

No charges.
    The money donation is amazing don't get me wrong. In my eyes Tony's car fish tales into him just as the front end of his car passes, hitting him with the back right tire. Remember no charges were brought against the guys who beat the shit out of Rodney King, but they certainly did beat his ass....on camera.
    Ummm hate to do this but LOTS of charges were brought against the cops who beat Rodney King.
    They were acquitted on all charges which precipitated the riots.
  • Options
    Boy this thread is going to shit quick...

• Options
    Like I said. Money good. Tony Stewart not. End of my comments.
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414

Not just this thread but several others have lately brought into sharp focus something I've been contemplating for a bit: which is more important, what I stand for, or who I stand with?

(Obviously it's a complex mix of both that each individual will answer differently, sometimes depending on the specific issue.)
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    http://bcove.me/a7e053cp

Here is a link of Eddie's speech in it's entirety
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420

Ten club at its finest. Let's find something to fight about!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    I heard Ed was riding shotgun that night.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    some people just think that Ed should continue to hate everyone and everything that isn't fucking stone cold perfect.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com