I'm high on marijuana RIGHT NOW!!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    So to all you stoners, is Thanksgiving like REALLY amazing for you with all the food & munchies & whatnot?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

So to all you stoners, is Thanksgiving like REALLY amazing for you with all the food & munchies & whatnot?

Uhhhh

FUCK YEAH!

When my family was still all together in the same state all the holidays were just a hazy fog of food and buzz cycled until sleep could no longer be resisted. It was glorious. There's nothing like passing the bong in the order Mother, Father, Big Brother, Me and then talking about physics and meta-physics and sociology and politics until the timer goes off and then digging into the best food you eat all year. Yumbuzz!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Our tradition has always been, kids all go for "walks" throughout the day to keep the buzz going, while the parents made up all the fixins. ( but we eat either wild turkey, not store bought, or Elk). Then we'd settle around the tv for the football game, and munch down. Then all 9 fathers/uncles would drink and play poker into the wee hours of the night, while us kids cleaned up, and took more walks. ( we always had dogs, so great excuse!).

Our tradition has always been, kids all go for "walks" throughout the day to keep the buzz going, while the parents made up all the fixins. ( but we eat either wild turkey, not store bought, or Elk). Then we'd settle around the tv for the football game, and munch down. Then all 9 fathers/uncles would drink and play poker into the wee hours of the night, while us kids cleaned up, and took more walks. ( we always had dogs, so great excuse!).

Sadly though, there are only four of the original 9 Tomsen men left.. :-(
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm looking forward to both making (and then chowing down on) the meal while buzzed.
    hedonist said:

I'm looking forward to both making (and then chowing down on) the meal while buzzed.

Amen to that!
    Cooking and eating are 2 of lifes great pleasures already, add a nice dry buzzz and it's like writing a great song and then getting to hear it back as if someone else wrote and performed it.
    That might only make sense if one is tuned down a half step. :smiley:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    can't eat a meal while high. just seems......odd.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

I've never heard the term "tune up". Our building used to have an older cool-ass security dude who referred to it as getting faded. My guy and his friends, in their teens, called it getting small.

(that's not what she said ;) ).

Faded is too negative. A good buzz makes me vibrant, not faded!

I have heard "getting small" before and disagreed with that as well... A good buzz expands me, it doesn't shrink me.

I like tune up, partake, burn one, have a poke, get adjusted, and get right.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited November 2016
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

"Get lifted" is one I hear a lot.

I want to throw it all down and get lifted.
    Also used the term "talk to Sampson"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    https://youtu.be/jsYEHTyLbeE

ya'll bitches need to get with the 20th century.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm pretty old school and basic. Don't need no code.
    #FHP
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    haven't gotten high in California in years, we medicate :)

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    edwho said:

haven't gotten high in California in years, we medicate :)

LOSE THAT QUICK, it's big pharma at work. They also lobbied here in CT so the "meds" can only be sold in pill bottles.
    El Chapo aint got shit on Purdue Pharma & Gilead.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

We're spending Thanksgiving with my in-laws who are very much against pot so I can't smoke while there. I get stoned just before we leave, to where I can barely stand. Then start drinking wine right away to keep the feeling going through dinner. On second thought, I think I'll pick up a vape cartridge so I can smoke in secret.
    rgambs said:

Uhhhh

FUCK YEAH!

When my family was still all together in the same state all the holidays were just a hazy fog of food and buzz cycled until sleep could no longer be resisted. It was glorious. There's nothing like passing the bong in the order Mother, Father, Big Brother, Me and then talking about physics and meta-physics and sociology and politics until the timer goes off and then digging into the best food you eat all year. Yumbuzz!
    That sounds so heavenly! I can't even imagine smoking pot and having an intelligent conversation with my family.
    I invited a co-worker to TG tomorrow, she smokes too. We have decided to "run" any errands needed! Lol just kidding. We'll all just walk dogs like we always do! Lol she laughed when I told her that's how we get out to smoke. She also happens to be an animal behaviorist, so we were laughing about the "going to take the dogs out" excuse.. and she was cracking up, until it clicked.. then she really started laughing.. so hard I had to ask why that was suddenly so much funnier; "It's absolutely perfect!" And she's right.. it has worked for 30 some odd years so far!
    the smell is so potent, if I just took a dog for a walk and came back my family would know INSTANTLY.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

This will be the 1st TurkeyDay in 10 years that I won't be getting lifted with at least 1 of my parents... This thread has shown me that I have no cause to be sad about that, I should only be thankful that I was so lucky for so long.
    I know smoking with your parents seems like an insane idea to some of you, but it has been one of the greatest blessings of my adult life.
    I'm already "out" to my family.

the smell is so potent, if I just took a dog for a walk and came back my family would know INSTANTLY.

No, we take the dogs for like 1/2 mile, 20-30 min walks. It's our decompress and re-alignment session. You've read what a jerk I can be, ( and I'm often worse in person...) now imagine 11-25 of us on any given year... we take loooong walks!! :lol:
    What's really going to be crazy is that now my 16 yr. old niece smokes too.. so she asked my sister if she could bring Betty ( her dog) to TG.. so that is a trip!
    hedonist said:

I'm already "out" to my family.

so am I, but it would be frowned upon in my family if I did it at a family gathering, especially with kids around. you'd think my parents being teens in the late 60's would be a little more open minded, but alas, they are not.

and neither is my wife, quite frankly. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Mr Nice Guy to start off Turkey Day.
    gonna get my jane on tonight. gots to.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hell yeah baked some awesome cookies for today & made some bubble hash from my trimmings happy
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm having cookies too. Platinum Girl Scout Cookies. In da bong.
    #FHP
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    I'll be home in 26 minutes to smoke. Tick tock!
    I have some 4inch PVC joints to return to Lowe's...
    Today is the big Ohio State Michigan football game so the stores should be slower than usual for a Saturday afternoon so I guess we are going to do our Christmas shopping today. We only buy 1 gift each for the kids and adults don't exchange so it won't be too bad.
    I think I am going to take an apple bowl to get us through in good spirits. It is the only whey.

Post script rant:
    These damn Buckeye fans are bloomin' idiots. They don't even want to hear or see the word "Michigan" at all, everything is TTUN (that team up north), they claim to hate the entire state, and everyone wears red and screams at the TV like a moronic cult.
    Yo-high-O!

My guy's not a fanatic but loves his home state's team(s).

I've never tried an apple bowl, but we sure are hitting a glass one right now.