House Of Cards (Netflix Tv Show)

Comments

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    I don't remember the characters' names . . . it was the aide who got injured in the s2 finale (which I also don't remember except it took place in the woods and someone was killed)

The fact that we don't remember speaks volumes.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

I don't remember the characters' names . . . it was the aide who got injured in the s2 finale (which I also don't remember except it took place in the woods and someone was killed)

The fact that we don't remember speaks volumes.

Doug Stamper
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Finally finished season 3 last night. Pretty telling that it took this long to watch the entire season. This season was kinda all over the place. Should be interesting to see what happens in season 4 if Claire really does end up leaving him.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    just started watching the first season. was hooked about 10 minutes into the first episode. fantastic show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2015
    I am actually surprised to se so many negative comments about this show here. I think it's one of the best shows ever made, right up there with Breaking Bad (not as good, but that would be impossible, lol). I love it. I hate that I have to keep waiting a year for 13 more episodes though. :anguished:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    PJ_Soul said:

I am actually surprised to se so many negative comments about this show here. I think it's one of the best shows ever made, right up there with Breaking Bad (not as good, but that would be impossible, lol). I love it. I hate that I have to keep waiting a year for 13 more episodes though. :anguished:

i love it..great tv!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    just finished the 3rd season. yeah, i don't get all the negativity also. it is a fantastic show. i do agree that season 3 was the weakest and slowest moving, however it's better than most other shows on tv right now.

one of the greatest of all time? no...although that first season is about as good as anything i've seen. i liked the dynamic between frank and zoe and the glimpses they gave you of the dying newspaper medium. when she was alive, i kind of thought zoe was annoying....it was only after her death that i realized how much she meant to the show...........quite honestly, in my opinion, one of the marks of a great show is the willingness to kill off main characters even if it is a detriment to the show in the long run. i just like shows that have the balls to do that. was thinking that when russo left us as well. loved his character.

and if you can't remember doug stamper's name.....your watching the wrong show.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    almost forgot season 4 came out yesterday. probably watch a few episodes tomorrow.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

almost forgot season 4 came out yesterday. probably watch a few episodes tomorrow.

I'm 2 in....has similar feel as the last season did so far
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Great season..saw 4th season at weekend..and left things great about the next one!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yeah things kinda took a big turn in the 4th episode, huh?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah things kinda took a big turn in the 4th episode, huh?

Haha, just a bit. Did not see that coming at all. Went through 6 episodes yesterday. The wife and I were both hungover so it was a perfect day to lay on the couch and watch netflix.
    Sucks u need to wait a year for next oone
    spoiler---

We don't submit to terror.....we MAKE the terror

I really enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was a little uneven at parts. I get that. But man it was entertaining. Way more so than last season. I put this on par with season 2 and I cannot wait to see how they get out of this mess.

Do you think the show ends with him being behind bars? Only one more season or two more?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

spoiler---

We don't submit to terror.....we MAKE the terror

I really enjoyed this season. Yeah, it was a little uneven at parts. I get that. But man it was entertaining. Way more so than last season. I put this on par with season 2 and I cannot wait to see how they get out of this mess.

Do you think the show ends with him being behind bars? Only one more season or two more?

I really enjoyed season four also. I don't think far enough ahead to wonder how it ends. One more season is enough.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    started watching it last night. 2 episodes and I'm not sold on it yet. Both Spacey and Wright come off as robotic in their roles. I understand they are supposed to be cold, but it just seemed like bad acting. And the 4th wall thing is annoying. I think it would work much better as a narration. I've been told to stick with it. So I'll give it probably 2 more eps.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

started watching it last night. 2 episodes and I'm not sold on it yet. Both Spacey and Wright come off as robotic in their roles. I understand they are supposed to be cold, but it just seemed like bad acting. And the 4th wall thing is annoying. I think it would work much better as a narration. I've been told to stick with it. So I'll give it probably 2 more eps.

Give it 2 seasons, not 2 episodes...the show is great.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    if I don't like a show after 4 episodes, why would I keep going? I'm tempted to pack it in already, especially with comments earlier in the thread saying season 3 sucked.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    when does the new season start?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2016

if I don't like a show after 4 episodes, why would I keep going? I'm tempted to pack it in already, especially with comments earlier in the thread saying season 3 sucked.

Season 3 was fucking awesome!!!! Whoever said season 3 sucked is nuts, lol. Claire REALLY gets hard core in that season, and it's super intriguing.
    This is one of my favorite shows ever. Mind you, I loved it from episode 1. It really reeled me in immediately. I am really surprised you don't like it 4 episodes in, but if that's true, then yeah, it probably just isn't for you. You're like one of those people who think Led Zeppelin sucks. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Season 3 was fucking awesome!!!! Whoever said season 3 sucked is nuts, lol. Claire REALLY gets hard core in that season, and it's super intriguing.
    This is one of my favorite shows ever. Mind you, I loved it from episode 1. It really reeled me in immediately. I am really surprised you don't like it 4 episodes in, but if that's true, then yeah, it probably just isn't for you. You're like one of those people who think Led Zeppelin sucks. :lol:
    only 2 episodes in so far. will give it two more before I quit.

haha, no, I don't understand those people. There's a girl I work with. she says she hates Zep. But then her favourite singers/bands are Soundgarden and Big Wreck. Hello?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I saw this thread active and I thought "holy shit, it is back on!" but I see it doesnt come back until 2017.
    Robin Wright is awesome. Besides my nearly 30 year crush on her as Princess Buttercup she is such a badass in this show. I dont think they make her look as good as they could but damn does she rip it up in some of the episodes.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

Yeah, too many good shows to waste much time on the ones you don't like. I've quit many shows in the middle. I do like house of cards.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,709
    i still have yet to watch season 4 yet
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

i still have yet to watch season 4 yet

It's really solid and intense.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    it's done.
    Malroth said:

it's done.

What is done?

Malroth said:

it's done.

What is done?
    My wife told me the series run is done. I have not fact-checked this statement.
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

it's done.

What is done?
    Yeah, season 5 is coming early next year.

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

it's done.

What is done?
    Yeah, season 5 is coming early next year.
    Oops, i will stop listening to my wife.