Options

UPDATED: Collection for Pearl Jam Fan Bashed In Sydney

Comments

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    so is now a good time for me to bring up that my idea was to send the guy a lot of money so he could decide himself what to do with it? ok.. thought not! :lol:

seriously crap this though... :thumbdown:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364

I've tried to follow it up but they were unable/unwilling to give me much more information that I was unable to discover online because I was not the original sender or recipient.

Thats crazy......they should be willing seeing they have stuffed up somewhere....
    Australia post have there own security staff that shouldve investigated and found out what happened
    to it by now.... what are they doing....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
    Jo wrote:
    Insurance is good, but I wonder, if it did get lost in the mail, would it be able to be replaced?

Nobody else in this thread has talked about insurance since May 09, 2010. Was there even insurance on this rare & expensive item that was shipped out? Cause if you have a tracking number, package hasn't been received, and the package has been lost (for so long now) .. wouldn't the sender get the full refund of that insurance claim? Kinda confused with all this. We need to recruit the Scooby-Doo and Gang to solve this mystery.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    Good question D, however on shipping I emailed Heath to ask how it should be shipped

It was decided that tracking was essential - based on the naive belief that tracking meant you could always find it.... Without insurance.... the logic being if the value was declares heath would get a hefty import bill...something he didn't want

A note to customs was even included to answer any queries on the package including alcohol

I made two complaints to royal mail, the last time they wrote in august they said wait 90 days and they will conduct a thorough review with their partners Aus Post.

demetrios wrote:
    Jo wrote:
    Insurance is good, but I wonder, if it did get lost in the mail, would it be able to be replaced?

Nobody else in this thread has talked about insurance since May 09, 2010. Was there even insurance on this rare & expensive item that was shipped out? Cause if you have a tracking number, package hasn't been received, and the package has been lost (for so long now) .. wouldn't the sender get the full refund of that insurance claim? Kinda confused with all this. We need to recruit the Scooby-Doo and Gang to solve this mystery.
  • Options
    Awe that looks fuckin awesome... too bad its MIA.... well a special thanks to all who contributed towards the gesture... rock on maybe it will find it's way someday.

Heath
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    sadx2
  • Options
    was thinking about this yesterday...
    I saw a show on telly a month or so ago where this tv show was about
    post offices selling of undeliveralbe mail...it was amazing the amount of goods they were
    selling.... made me think of this
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    post offices selling of undeliveralbe mail...it was amazing the amount of goods they were

that is dreadful....

they 'lose' items and then resell them??????????
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

that is dreadful....

yeh from the dead letter office and it goes to charity im pretty sure... but the JD wouldnt have wound up there as it wouldve had legible writing, addresses, return addresses.. its not a "dead" package. it;s just lost or stolen.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I felt i was so close on the trail too. Had someone helping me, calling around possible post offices but without success while i was on the line. She promised she call me back but did not. The next few people would not even speak to me as I was not the sender or receiver. I felt it was just a matter of time and it would show up, alas it appears I was wrong :(
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

that is dreadful....

yeh from the dead letter office and it goes to charity im pretty sure... but the JD wouldnt have wound up there as it wouldve had legible writing, addresses, return addresses.. its not a "dead" package. it;s just lost or stolen.

good point, it had my address on the package and within it with all our names and a letter to the customs officials.....i always felt it would arrive back at my house, but it seems i am naive!!
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

that is dreadful....

Yeah it was amazing it was a massive big warehouse full of stuff..
    I guess because of Ebay lots of parcels get sent these days too..
    I reckon it got broken leaked then chucked .. :(
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    Hey Heath!
    We are sure you are on your best path to recovery because WE ALL WISHED you to get well soon :D .
    We tried to send you an AWESOME Pearl Jam gift, but, it got lost in the mail.................. :|
    but it seems you got better anyway without it so........let's just remember it's the thought that counts. :D

For those who don't know what the gift was? can the OP please describe.........

( we need to share the awesomeness )
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Hey Heath!
    We are sure you are on your best path to recovery because WE ALL WISHED you to get well soon :D .
    We tried to send you an AWESOME Pearl Jam gift, but, it got lost in the mail.................. :|
    but it seems you got better anyway without it so........let's just remember it's the thought that counts. :D

It was the vitalogy whisky....
  • Options
    JoJo Posts: 2,098
    My name is Jo and I am a Jack Daniels drinker.
    I donated toward Heaths' cause :D
    I knew 'what' was in the Post and followed the thread with vested interest.

you can't trust anyone "these days" :roll: ..........
    Aust Post need a complete overhaul.
    ( but I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for the safe arrival of my PJ posters from USA) :mrgreen:

If your that much of a PJ fan working in the Postal Service and recieve 'stolen mech', please think about us at home, trecking to mail boxes, hoping for our PJ FIX,
    to realise it has been STOLEN and will never show up.......... :twisted:
  • Options
    Jo wrote:
    Hey Heath!

A few pages ago I posted some Photos of the item we actually bought Jo :cry:
  • Options
    If you hate somethin don't you do it too!
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Guitarded wrote:

Buyers beware....as previously posted, please read below.

As some of you might know, I own a liquor store and wine boutique and recently asked my Jack Daniels representative if they had ever seen or heard of this item to which they replied "In my 15 years with Jack, I've never seen this promotion. We have never collaborated with any artist".

He has since asked his head office in Louisiana and they agreed that no such item was ever created and that it's a fraud.

Does anyone have any insight?

I don't want to make any accusations about another pit member as they could have honestly believed they were aquiring a great collectible. I do however think it's important that people are aware that this product was never actually released.

My rep says it's simply a "couple of mini's with a homemade label in a tin can which used to hold Jack Daniels playing cards".

If he's wrong however, I would like to be able to let him know when or where it came about.

I see many of you mention it was a promo item. When/where/who released this item?

Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not this item is legit.

This all came from myself trying to locate the collectible in order to try and re-send it without having to obtain anymore money from pit members. Although I only donated $10 to the original collection, I'd still like to get to the bottom of this.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    Guitarded wrote:

Buyers beware....as previously posted, please read below.

As some of you might know, I own a liquor store and wine boutique and recently asked my Jack Daniels representative if they had ever seen or heard of this item to which they replied "In my 15 years with Jack, I've never seen this promotion. We have never collaborated with any artist".

He has since asked his head office in Louisiana and they agreed that no such item was ever created and that it's a fraud.

Does anyone have any insight?

I don't want to make any accusations about another pit member as they could have honestly believed they were aquiring a great collectible. I do however think it's important that people are aware that this product was never actually released.

My rep says it's simply a "couple of mini's with a homemade label in a tin can which used to hold Jack Daniels playing cards".

If he's wrong however, I would like to be able to let him know when or where it came about.

I see many of you mention it was a promo item. When/where/who released this item?

Again, I'm not accusing anyone of anything, I'm just trying to figure out whether or not this item is legit.

This all came from myself trying to locate the collectible in order to try and re-send it without having to obtain anymore money from pit members. Although I only donated $10 to the original collection, I'd still like to get to the bottom of this.

Its a Sony made promo.....its perfectly plausible Jack D had no idea about it.....but Sony made it and sent it out. no doubt.
  • Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Seems hard for me to believe that Jack wouldn't have an idea about it. Put the words "Pearl Jam" on something and my guess is you'll have someone notifying you to stop. These seem to pop up a little too often for my liking and would be fairly easy to create. All i'm saying is, as per usual, buyer beware. ;)
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    Seems hard for me to believe that Jack wouldn't have an idea about it. Put the words "Pearl Jam" on something and my guess is you'll have someone notifying you to stop. These seem to pop up a little too often for my liking and would be fairly easy to create. All i'm saying is, as per usual, buyer beware. ;)

perhaps their promotions dept ok'd it as free promotion?

its quite plausible that the average JD rep wouldnt be a party to such discussions and as only a select few sets were made it would make big news within the company either

it comes with a unique sony bar code on the back too....
  • Options
    Just saw an interesting story on the Win News about 10 mins ago.
    In Sydney today Australia Post had a dead letter/parcel auction.
    It showed the room with all the goods that had been auctioned.
    They some of the goods, I was hoping they mighty show a vitalogy box of JD.
    Anyway they did show bottles of french champagne and some Penfolds Grange wine...

Gee I wonder whether the box set was there?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    Anyway they did show bottles of french champagne and some Penfolds Grange wine...

I guess they would probably throw it in the bin as a fake worthless item right? :cry:
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:

I guess they would probably throw it in the bin as a fake worthless item right? :cry:

Everything sold at the auction someone probably bought it for 20 bucks... keep an eye on ebay..
  • Options
    Out of interest is everything sold regardless of the package having a return address on the outer packaging, a tracking number, and a letter inside with all my details on? did they mention anything?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Out of interest is everything sold regardless of the package having a return address on the outer packaging, a tracking number, and a letter inside with all my details on? did they mention anything?

They said it was all stuff that couldnt be delivered they did say return addresses were incorrect and made it
    impossible to return to sender. They mentioned staff was assigned to try and locate the sender. Was an interesting story especially when u saw the quanity of items involved.

Im not having a go at u, I was just hoping when they showed the items how amazing would it have been to see
    the missing in action JD box set.. would've been awesome :)

I saw a show once on stuff left at airports they had a massive warehouse it was like a store where u could go and buy stuff...
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

They said it was all stuff that couldnt be delivered they did say return addresses were incorrect and made it
    impossible to return to sender. They mentioned staff was assigned to try and locate the sender. Was an interesting story especially when u saw the quanity of items involved.

Im not having a go at u, I was just hoping when they showed the items how amazing would it have been to see

I saw a show once on stuff left at airports they had a massive warehouse it was like a store where u could go and buy stuff...

oh shit, I hope you didnt think i thought you were having a go...

no no no i was genuinely interested if attempts were made to return them because that would lead me to believe that that item isnt in that warehouse - simply because it couldnt have been more clearly labelled with my details inside and out. So this may mean its lost somewhere else...maybe in sat in a room collecting dust...

i still am at a loss as to why someone hasnt p[icked it up and posted it back to me. They have acknowledged to royal mail that they received it.....but have no idea where it is.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    aus_suz wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

oh shit, I hope you didnt think i thought you were having a go...

no no no i was genuinely interested if attempts were made to return them because that would lead me to believe that that item isnt in that warehouse - simply because it couldnt have been more clearly labelled with my details inside and out. So this may mean its lost somewhere else...maybe in sat in a room collecting dust...

i still am at a loss as to why someone hasnt p[icked it up and posted it back to me. They have acknowledged to royal mail that they received it.....but have no idea where it is.

Well I reckon its either been damaged and then destroyed or sadly stolen by some postal worker :(
    Interesting the undeliveralbe items have case workers looking for the owners :)
    Who knows it may turn up in 10yrs time stranger things have happened...
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:
    I'll pass on the information you guys have provided to him and see if there's anymore he can do or find out?

I really want to emphasize that I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. Regardless of the item being authentic or not, you two have gone through great lengths to do something amazing for a fellow fan and we all appreciate that! ;)

great to see this item was included in the Pearl jam 20 museum.....so at least we are 100% sure that its a legit PJ promo
  • Options
    I wonder what ever happened to this?