Red Hot Chili Peppers

145791016

Comments

  • Are there more RHCP fans than PJ fans?

    LOL I was just thinking the same thing today.....boggles my mind that they sell out 3 shows in different cities and checking on TM yesterday for the Detroit show, there was literally a single seat left in the upper bowl......I wonder if they would be selling out like this had these shows been in the summer when EVERYONE is touring and with the price of tickets now soaring, I've found at least for myself,that I have to be more selective....as far as live performances between PJ and them, there is no comparison, considering you get 2 PJ shows in one
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 5,869
    cutz said:

    I can get a ticket at lower level right next to the stage, but really don't want to spend $130.00.

    $130.00??/ticket?

    This will be my first show but the prices seem pretty high for what looks like a 20 song set. I hope it's worth it.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,602

    Are there more RHCP fans than PJ fans?

    By far. They're incredibly huge around the world. They've spent a majority of this year since the album came out touring Europe. Tend to start every tour overseas.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 5,869
    It helps that they actually tour the entire country and world.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 7,945
    edited September 2016
    ComeToTX said:

    cutz said:

    I can get a ticket at lower level right next to the stage, but really don't want to spend $130.00.

    $130.00??/ticket?

    This will be my first show but the prices seem pretty high for what looks like a 20 song set. I hope it's worth it.
    Yeah, that's why i didn't buy the ticket. Plus, you're correct: they won't play many songs.First time i saw them they played 18 songs & show was about hour and 40 minutes. I saw them on back-to-back nights in 2006 and they played 19 songs both shows(can't remember how long the show was), and repeated 12 of them. After seeing them 3 times also factored into why i didn't want to spend $130.00. But, if had not seen them before i probably would've bought the ticket too, so i can see why you bought them. Hope you enjoy the show.
    Post edited by cutz on
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,313
    edited September 2016
    I have an extra in 109 for the first Philly show. PM me if anyone needs one
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18
  • ComeToTXComeToTX AustinPosts: 5,869
    cutz said:

    ComeToTX said:

    cutz said:

    I can get a ticket at lower level right next to the stage, but really don't want to spend $130.00.

    $130.00??/ticket?

    This will be my first show but the prices seem pretty high for what looks like a 20 song set. I hope it's worth it.
    Yeah, that's why i didn't buy the ticket. Plus, you're correct: they won't play many songs.First time i saw them they played 18 songs & show was about hour and 40 minutes. I saw them on back-to-back nights in 2006 and they played 19 songs both shows(can't remember how long the show was), and repeated 12 of them. After seeing them 3 times also factored into why i didn't want to spend $130.00. But, if had not seen them before i probably would've bought the ticket too, so i can see why you bought them. Hope you enjoy the show.
    yeah, what i figured. oh well, bucket list show.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:

    cutz said:

    ComeToTX said:

    cutz said:

    I can get a ticket at lower level right next to the stage, but really don't want to spend $130.00.

    $130.00??/ticket?

    This will be my first show but the prices seem pretty high for what looks like a 20 song set. I hope it's worth it.
    Yeah, that's why i didn't buy the ticket. Plus, you're correct: they won't play many songs.First time i saw them they played 18 songs & show was about hour and 40 minutes. I saw them on back-to-back nights in 2006 and they played 19 songs both shows(can't remember how long the show was), and repeated 12 of them. After seeing them 3 times also factored into why i didn't want to spend $130.00. But, if had not seen them before i probably would've bought the ticket too, so i can see why you bought them. Hope you enjoy the show.
    yeah, what i figured. oh well, bucket list show.
    I would just go into it like it was another show and don't put it up too high on a pedestal. I also saw them back in 06 and was so excited, I counted down the days. I had 4th row seats, even got to watch the Mars Volta's opening set standing next to Flea. But the CP's performance was pretty basic. Don't expect much banter in between songs; Anthony barely says anything to the crowd. That said, their music is great and you'll have an enjoyable time.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson YinzPosts: 1,157
    I seen them once in 2012(I think) and it was a good time, but by no means was I blown away.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 6,259
    New dates and cities have been added with pre-sales tomorrow (11/9) .

    Seems the people over at the RHCP fan site have never bought concert tickets before.
    They're losing their shit over there.
  • Happy to see they are doing a show in my hometown. All this time and I've yet to see a Chili Peppers show.
    I'm through with screaming
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IAPosts: 1,518
    Glad to see Des Moines made the list. They were here in 2007 and I'll be getting a pair for the show in May!
    5-3-10, 10-1-10 (Brad), 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 9-21-12, 11-18-12 (EV), 11-19-12 (EV),
    5-22-13 KC (SG), 7-19-13, 11-15-13, 11-16-13, 10/9/14, 10/17/14, 10/19,14

    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,401

    Still hoping for a hometown show for Anthony in Grand Rapids - there is a gap

    See you in Grand Rapids;)
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,401
    Presale in 30 minutes
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,401
    Scored front row pair
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 8,365

    Scored front row pair

    wow....I got decent floor seats for Cincinnati. Couldn't get anything in Indy...must have sold out in seconds
    Remember the Thomas Nine!! (10/02/2018)

    1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1
    2018: Wrigley #1, Wrigley #2, Boston #1, Boston #2
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,401

    Scored front row pair

    wow....I got decent floor seats for Cincinnati. Couldn't get anything in Indy...must have sold out in seconds
    I picked up the front after throwing back several pairs - also scored some decent floor seats for my brother.
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,844
    I had 8th row for Cleveland, but tossed them back. Already got 3rd row Buffalo.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,401
    Grand Rapids
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

    Life is hard, that's why no one survives

  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NCPosts: 9,757
    Got floor for Raleigh on first try. Then, I forgot my Ticketmaster password. They didn't send me a link to change it in time and it timed out! Created a new account with work email and retried. Still great seats, very close to stage...but no floor. Oh well, I'm still excited!!
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,170
    Anyone have a code? I used mine when I got it when first run of shows was announced but never got another one for Chicago.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CAPosts: 7,623
    Righteous and the Wicked is such a relevant song, am I fûcking right?
    RIP America (1776-2016)
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,602
    cmalisze said:

    Anyone have a code? I used mine when I got it when first run of shows was announced but never got another one for Chicago.

    Same code should work.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,170
    kasedoug said:

    cmalisze said:

    Anyone have a code? I used mine when I got it when first run of shows was announced but never got another one for Chicago.

    Same code should work.
    Even if I got 4 with it last time?
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,602
    cmalisze said:

    kasedoug said:

    cmalisze said:

    Anyone have a code? I used mine when I got it when first run of shows was announced but never got another one for Chicago.

    Same code should work.
    Even if I got 4 with it last time?
    Not sure about that. I plugged in my code from the last round on Ticketmaster for Chicago and was able to pull tickets. I didn't max out with 4 tix though. I had also signed up a second email back when they added LA dates.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,029
    edited November 2016
    $279.00 for two tickets to the show in Hamilton, Ontario in June. Presale code pulled tickets up surprisingly 13 rows up side of stage - $140 per ticket, 'can't do it :(

    I've looked at their set lists and don't see much diversity. We've got it so good with Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam sets the bar for me and ticket prices - for better or for worse. Have a great day and week everyone.
    Post edited by BF89905 on
  • Anyone have a presale code for RHCP that they are not using -- would love to get a pair of tix as a Christmas present for my wife (who is a big fan and she put up with all of my PJ mania over the spring and summer). She will be happy they added a show at the Verizon Center. Feel free to PM me.

    Thanks!!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 6,259
    dfishberg said:

    Anyone have a presale code for RHCP that they are not using -- would love to get a pair of tix as a Christmas present for my wife (who is a big fan and she put up with all of my PJ mania over the spring and summer). She will be happy they added a show at the Verizon Center. Feel free to PM me.

    Thanks!!!

    My understanding is that the presale codes are unique to the user's and are not transferable.
    Also, with less than 1,000 tickets available in fanclub presale, odds are they were gone in the first few seconds yesterday.

    Good luck in the general sale
  • Thanks -- managed to snag a couple as part of the Spotify presale! Definitely easier than trying to get PJ tickets (and more expensive)!
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NCPosts: 9,757

    Righteous and the Wicked is such a relevant song, am I fûcking right?

    Hands down, yes! But we can all keep "playing for a better day anyway oh yea I'm playing for a better day" :)
Sign In or Register to comment.