Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    edited March 2017
    Thinking about picking up tickets for the Chicago show on 06/30. I'll already be there for the Tom Petty show on 06/29 and we're staying through the whole weekend anyway.

Saw them in January in Tulsa but the gf didn't get to go to that one.
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Anyone else think Goodbye Angels is the best track on the new album?
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

the whole album is great!!!

https://youtu.be/EvSRTLJW_KI

the whole album is great!!!

https://youtu.be/EvSRTLJW_KI
    I think it's a lot better than I'm With You
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

That's a top track for sure, but my favorite is Feasting on the Flowers.
    ^And.... Dreams of a Samurai has really grown on me...it's so trippy. I'll bet it's really wild live.
  • Sick Love

For me that is the crown jewel of the new album.

Fantastic new album. What a piece of work this band pumped out in their supposed twighlight years.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203

^And.... Dreams of a Samurai has really grown on me...it's so trippy. I'll bet it's really wild live.

Agreed on Dreams. Almost like some Hendrix undertones on that guitar work in the background. Subtle, but enough to notice it's catchy sound.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Not trying to beat the Sick Love drum too loudly (or anymore for that matter), but has anyone seen the video accompaniment to the song at their show? It was a different video than the images I conjured before seeing it live.

I looked at lyric interpretation sites to try and figure out what I missed by myself. It appears the song is a little darker than what I thought.
    Trying to avoid too many of the new songs live on utube - saving for my show this summer
  • Trying to avoid too many of the new songs live on utube - saving for my show this summer

Good discipline!

The last few shows I went to... I sneaked peeks at setlist.fm and ruined any element of surprise that might have been coming to me. I never did for the Peppers and loved it more.

Trying to avoid too many of the new songs live on utube - saving for my show this summer

Good discipline!

The last few shows I went to... I sneaked peeks at setlist.fm and ruined any element of surprise that might have been coming to me. I never did for the Peppers and loved it more.
    Right, staying away from setlist too, I guess PJ spoils us!!!!
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    If it's not PJ, I don't look at any previous setlists.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    Anyone have an extra ticket (or 2) to the Cincinnati show? There are still ones available on ticketmaster but I'd prefer a better seat if someone is looking to offload. Just found out I will be in town.
    hippiemom = goodness
    tbergs said:

Agreed on Dreams. Almost like some Hendrix undertones on that guitar work in the background. Subtle, but enough to notice it's catchy sound.
    ^Yess... and K. Hoff has the potential to get even more experimental and just explode on this one live. And the lyrics..."taking acid in a graveyard...I've lost myself out on the range. I don't remember much so don't ask me I've gone insane". Some of the best lyrics on the album. Vibe of the song is dark and trippy but drifts in and out of this euphoric state. I really hope they play this one when they come here in April.
    edited March 2017

Not trying to beat the Sick Love drum too loudly (or anymore for that matter), but has anyone seen the video accompaniment to the song at their show? It was a different video than the images I conjured before seeing it live.

I looked at lyric interpretation sites to try and figure out what I missed by myself. It appears the song is a little darker than what I thought.

I haven't seen the video accompaniment to the song at their show yet, Thirty, but I just watched the animated video. Definitely dark. Rolling Stone refers to it as their "Morbid 'Sick Love' video filled cemetary-dwelling clowns and horny spiders".

Post edited by hauntingfamiliar on
  • Just bought the live download from my Vancouver show!

Got some gym motivation.
  • Just bought the live download from my Vancouver show!

Got some gym motivation.

It's all I've been listening to.

You have to love this band.
    Ok. One of John's best solos is on Strip My Mind. Sometimes less is more. Fucking incredible.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    Any chance stubhub (or like sites) cuts the prices down at the last minute before the show? Also considering waiting a little after they start and try to track one down for cheap from a scalper. Im not dying to see them, so I will pass if necessary, but if the price is right I would love to see the show in Columbia.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888

Any chance stubhub (or like sites) cuts the prices down at the last minute before the show? Also considering waiting a little after they start and try to track one down for cheap from a scalper. Im not dying to see them, so I will pass if necessary, but if the price is right I would love to see the show in Columbia.

There are face value tickets still available direct from Ticketmaster for that show.
    edited April 2017
    kasedoug said:

There are face value tickets still available direct from Ticketmaster for that show.
    Every time I go to ticketmaster they kick me to resale tickets.

Edit- just kidding, im an idiot, I found it. I think I am going to go now lol
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • kasedoug said:

Every time I go to ticketmaster they kick me to resale tickets.

Edit- just kidding, im an idiot, I found it. I think I am going to go now lol
    Beauty!

Make sure you leave a bit of a review for us.
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,177

Ok. One of John's best solos is on Strip My Mind. Sometimes less is more. Fucking incredible.

It's awesome, no doubt. I still prefer the outro on Wet Sand.

^And the Fru/Flea jam factor, combined with the J. Fru solo on 'Especially in Michigan' is 'especially kickass'. Ditto that for the very end of Sir Psycho Sexy.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    I've always loved RHCP and kept up with them, but a couple of years ago found a ton of b-sides, demos, and shows. They're right behind PJ for me now. The Unmastered Californication and Tearto Demos from 9/5/98 are incredible. I also found a ton of shows dating back to 1986. The Stadium Arcadium tour was insanely good. Lots of improvised and extended jams with variations on the setlist nightly.

The latest album is pretty good. I'm glad Josh Klinghoffer came in and sparked some creativity in the band. We're going to see them next week and I'm pretty excited. Hoping to hear Dreams Of A Samurai and Goodbye Angels from the new album.

Here's a link to the Teatro Demos:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=2KpskUxhBLA&list=PLH8ngoq9NHlk1HWEfMwQnakuY6Z8-8f-L

https://sites.google.com/site/rhcpsessions/

This is a link for a lot of the b-sides/demos throughout their career.
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Please don't strip my mind.

F**k. Can't stop listening to these guys.

After their unreal show, I try and put on other music... but after short periods of satisfaction... I go back to the Peppers. In particular, I play the Vancouver bootleg or Stadium Arcadium.

Dani California might be the perfect rock song for me.

I'm looking forward to some reviews for the upcoming shows.
    Tickets purchased for Columbia. I don't want to look at setlists so can anyone tell me if they play much off of One Hot Minute? It's my favorite album by them, one or two songs off of it would make me pretty happy.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Tickets purchased for Columbia. I don't want to look at setlists so can anyone tell me if they play much off of One Hot Minute? It's my favorite album by them, one or two songs off of it would make me pretty happy.

They have played a few.
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    edited April 2017

Tickets purchased for Columbia. I don't want to look at setlists so can anyone tell me if they play much off of One Hot Minute? It's my favorite album by them, one or two songs off of it would make me pretty happy.

The only songs they've played from OHM in recent years is Pea and Aeroplane. I'm going to see them tomorrow. Really hoping for "Dreams Of A Samurai"!!
    Post edited by erocshifty on
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014