espn, you suck

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I didnt watch a second of ESPN pre-game coverage yesterday. Went NFL network and then rolled to Fox/CBS in the final hour.
    F-ESPN and their non-functioning Fantasy Football site.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Wobbie said:

shannon sharpe and skip bayless on the same show? oh my fucking god.

That's on fox not ESPN
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

Wobbie said:

shannon sharpe and skip bayless on the same show? oh my fucking god.

That's on fox not ESPN
    there's not a "fox, you suck" thread.

berman and young ARE on ESPN and ARE doing this game.....and they suck.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    did berman just say that was a "short long punt"?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    and steve young said "I don't know why he fair catched that"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    berman was aware of that fumble about 3 seconds after I was.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Sean McDonough might be the best announcer doing NFL games these days. Fantastic move having him replace Tirico. Long overdue.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    McDonough is great, though whenever I hear his voice I expect to see a Syracuse/UConn basketball game.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

McDonough is great, though whenever I hear his voice I expect to see a Syracuse/UConn basketball game.

....as a Phils fan, it's always the Joe Carter home run that pops into my head the moment I hear him. Once that dissipates, I can appreciate his greatness.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I like McDonough too. I've always enjoyed his basketball play by play.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Berman is so oblivious to the game that is going on....just keeps blabbing on and on.
    Last night they called an erroneous penalty for delay of game. He is blabbing with Young and in the background you can see the officials discussing and then announcing that there actually is no penalty, there was a time out. Blabman took it to commercial and corrected upon his return, blaming the officials for taking too long.
    Hell, I cannot wait until he retires.
    F the Swami.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I can't stand Berman on the air, but that would totally be me behind the scenes!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

Berman is so oblivious to the game that is going on....just keeps blabbing on and on.
    Last night they called an erroneous penalty for delay of game. He is blabbing with Young and in the background you can see the officials discussing and then announcing that there actually is no penalty, there was a time out. Blabman took it to commercial and corrected upon his return, blaming the officials for taking too long.
    Hell, I cannot wait until he retires.
    F the Swami.

he is awful. he is the epitome of ESPN - great in the late 80s and early 90s but terrible now.
    oh, good god.....berman and theismann.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    There is some good stuff on ESPN.
    https://youtu.be/zLav6DLGYCg
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited January 2017
    ESPN is taking The Sports Reporters off the air, in May. Was one of the few shows worth watching.

ESPN, you do SUCK!!
    Post edited by cutz on
  • Are they really dismantling Mike and Mike? I heard that a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.
    I'm through with screaming

Are they really dismantling Mike and Mike? I heard that a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.

yes. Greenberg is going to do a morning TV show on ESPN. Not sure who is going to be with Golic.

Brent Musburger retiring on Jan 31 as well. wonder if he was forced out. kind of sudden to hear that he is retiring next week
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,872
    F Le Batard - perpetuating the lies about the Pats
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    pjhawks said:

Are they really dismantling Mike and Mike? I heard that a couple of weeks ago but nothing since.

yes. Greenberg is going to do a morning TV show on ESPN. Not sure who is going to be with Golic.

Brent Musburger retiring on Jan 31 as well. wonder if he was forced out. kind of sudden to hear that he is retiring next week
    Hopefully his health is not the reason.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

The guy is freaking clueless. Has no idea what Spygate was really about.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

no idea what Le Batard said but I'd love to hear a Pats fan take on what Spygate was about you know other than cheating to win games.
  • pjhawks said:

Hmm I wonder if that's why Golic's son is on the show all the time these days. I could go for a Golic and Son show. Greenberg just annoys me. I doubt I'll watch his show.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Pats fans are more sensitive than Trump
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

no idea what Le Batard said but I'd love to hear a Pats fan take on what Spygate was about you know other than cheating to win games.
    Spygate plain and simple was about the Pats filming the Jets D Coordinator giving signals during the game from a prohibited spot in the stadium. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The Pats broke the rule, everyone had been doing it, the league sent a memo to stop and only film from permitted locations, Belichick disobeyed, thinking Mangini would never turn him in, but Mangini did. Not cheating, violating a rule. Taping the opponent's coaches is allowed, just not from the location the Pats were caught doing it.

LeBatard said the Pats taped opponents' practices, which is a fallacy. John Thomase ran with an unsubstantiated story the night before SB 42 that the Pats taped the Rams walk through before SB 36. He never checked sources. The guy who told him the story made it up, that later came to light. Thomase retracted his story, lost his credential with the Pats and ultimately his job at the Boston Herald.

What is your belief?
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

Spygate plain and simple was about the Pats filming the Jets D Coordinator giving signals during the game from a prohibited spot in the stadium. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The Pats broke the rule, everyone had been doing it, the league sent a memo to stop and only film from permitted locations, Belichick disobeyed, thinking Mangini would never turn him in, but Mangini did. Not cheating, violating a rule. Taping the opponent's coaches is allowed, just not from the location the Pats were caught doing it.

LeBatard said the Pats taped opponents' practices, which is a fallacy. John Thomase ran with an unsubstantiated story the night before SB 42 that the Pats taped the Rams walk through before SB 36. He never checked sources. The guy who told him the story made it up, that later came to light. Thomase retracted his story, lost his credential with the Pats and ultimately his job at the Boston Herald.

What is your belief?
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

pjhawks said:

Hmm I wonder if that's why Golic's son is on the show all the time these days. I could go for a Golic and Son show. Greenberg just annoys me. I doubt I'll watch his show.

pjhawks said:

Greeny is who he is....the whole vibe is wimpy jewish guy and dopey pollack jock.....golic and son wouldn't have that. Golic can get another partner but the show will be different. maybe he could get jeff van gundy?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

pjhawks said:

Poncier said:

What is your belief?
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart
    my belief is that they are flat out cheaters who have stolen victories and super bowls and have been doing so since the early 2000s. see story above.