*** Toronto, ON Fanviews Here 5/12/16 ***

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    bmaguire said:

Fast forward from 6 to 8:25pm to walking to my seats in section 315 behind the stage ...The same security guard says, "Hey buddy you want a wrist band""""" I was like Omg your kidding...

some security guard working for mlse gave a red wings fan a wristband!!?????? ... what the cuss is this guy's name!?? ... gonna get his ass fired ...

haha ... just kidding of course ... really happy for you ... as a low number fan club member - it was a bit hard to not be in the pit or close to the stage where I've been very lucky and fortunate to be at for most shows ...
  • bmaguirebmaguire Detroit Posts: 119
    Well I went to Florida and Toronto with my gf and she has to have back surgery. ..so I only went for reserved seats all tour....

Have you ever been to Tobermory?

I was lucky and I was blessed ....what a set list..

Thank you TORONTO
    2018 Chicago, IL
    2018 Seattle, WA
    2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL
    2016 Miami, FL
    2016 Tampa, FL
    2016 Toronto, Canada II
    2016 Chicago, IL I
    2016 Chicago, IL II
    2014 Detroit, MI
    2006 Cleveland, OH
    2004 Toldeo, OH
    2003 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998 Lansing, MI
    1998 Auburn Hills, MI
    1992 Clarkston, MI
  • UndrakanUndrakan Donostia - San Sebastian Posts: 113
    Matt Cameron's rhythm change at the end of Crazy Mary is unreal, I love it!!
    bmaguire said:

Well I went to Florida and Toronto with my gf and she has to have back surgery. ..so I only went for reserved seats all tour....

Have you ever been to Tobermory?

I was lucky and I was blessed ....what a set list..

Thank you TORONTO

been to tobermory plenty ... nice spot ... not the easiest place to get to ... the chi cheemaun ferry is a nice ride if you're up there again ...
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    anyone else stay at the st germain right by the venue?
    i got back to the hotel on the 11th arounf 9:30-10 and just wanted to relax and watch the raptors game. well they had a few thousand people outside watching the game on the outdoor screen of the ACC and the hotel tv was a good 5 seconds behind the outdoor screening.

watching them inbound and hearing a huge roar at mid court was annoying at first but then kinda funny. "ok, i guess Lowry makes this three pointer" or miami's driving, huge cheer, "guess this pass is going out of bounds"
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Almost 20 years ago to the day I had a ticket to go see them... I was 16 and obsessed with their music. Was a difficult time in life and music was everything to me.
    I was dating this guy that decided he didn't want me to go to the show and wanted me to hang out with him for the night. I was so in love with him that I actually sold my ticket.... Funny I can't remember his name for the life of me!

Honestly it was a 20 year regret that I carried with me! I never got to see them live.
    I became an adult, lost interest and passion for music and Pearl Jam faded away.....

I found out on May 7th, 2016 they were playing the two shows in Toronto and immediately went on the hunt for tickets. A dear friend of mine is like a dog with a bone and managed to score us last minute release seats for my birthday!

The seats were at the back, the band was a smudge...BUT I WAS THERE!!!

I think I cried about 6 different times during the show. I couldn't stop thinking about all of the live shows and new music I've missed out on. To see these guys and their most amazing talent is truly an amazing experience. I still can't believe how awesome it was. When I tell my friends and family about it I tear up every time and its been a week since I left the venue.

Since this most awesome experience:
    I've vowed that I will be at every possible Pearl Jam show I can get to as long as they play.
    I bought the tour poster for the 05/12 show on EBay for 160$...yeah I know its crazy expensive! They are totally worth it!
    I picked up my guitar for the first time in like 10 years and started jamming away.

If I could ever have the change to meet these guys I would simply say thanks! Thanks for pulling me through my teenage years. Without their music I wouldn't have made it. I hope they know what their music does to people.

Peace. Love. Music.
    ALWAYS!!!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Still buzzing over this show. Got so many songs I wanted to hear live for the first time it is unbelievable. Present Tense, Inside Job, Oceans, Breath, Nothingman, Garden, Alone, Blood, Animal, Brain of J.

I can't wait to hear the boot for this show. There were too many emotions flowing through me during some of these songs and I was singing my ass off that I barely even remember what they sounded like. I feel very fortunate to have been able to make this show as well as the Quebec show and wonder how the band will be able to top these in the future.
  • PJNB said:

Still buzzing over this show. Got so many songs I wanted to hear live for the first time it is unbelievable. Present Tense, Inside Job, Oceans, Breath, Nothingman, Garden, Alone, Blood, Animal, Brain of J.

I can't wait to hear the boot for this show. There were too many emotions flowing through me during some of these songs and I was singing my ass off that I barely even remember what they sounded like. I feel very fortunate to have been able to make this show as well as the Quebec show and wonder how the band will be able to top these in the future.

Was an amazing experience for sure!
    I remember so many points in the show thinking "Would everyone please shut up, I can't hear his voice"...lol.... the saddest part is that I was singing too...
    CANT WAIT for the next show!!! Would love to hit Pemberton, but the flights are insanely expensive and I'll be at Festival D'Ete in Quebec
  • Drew89Drew89 Posts: 7
    Hey guys! Complete 10C newbie checking in lol

Wow...What a show! Always been a Pearl Jam fan and for whatever reason never got myself to a show. Had tickets when they were in Toronto in 2011, ended up selling them to write an exam (what a mistake)

Anyway, this was more than I could have asked for my first Pearl Jam show, the set list was amazing. It had the usual suspects you'd expect plus a ton of my personal favourites (Brain of J, Present Tense, Blood, Lukin, Green Disease, Nothingman, Alone, Inside Job, Garden, Animal)

I just really regret not seeing them sooner to be honest. May consider traveling to Fenway or Wrigley this summer. (No code or Yield front to back would be awesome!)

PJNB said:

I remember so many points in the show thinking "Would everyone please shut up, I can't hear his voice"...lol.... the saddest part is that I was singing too...
    CANT WAIT for the next show!!! Would love to hit Pemberton, but the flights are insanely expensive and I'll be at Festival D'Ete in Quebec
    Glad you enjoyed yourself as there is really not many bad seats at a PJ show just ones that are a lot better then others. It sucks though the higher up and farther back you go the interest level of the crowd is just not there compared to the sides and up front. It is almost worth it to fork over the extra dough to upgrade just to be surrounded by the more passionate fans.

That said though I was in sec 110 in TO and we had a very mixed crowd. From the excited, to the standing still arms down the whole show(at least they stood), to the ones who sat when the hits were not being played, to the drunks falling over into people in front and beside them. This all happened with in a group of 3 rows and 5 seats across lol.

• Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

Glad you enjoyed yourself as there is really not many bad seats at a PJ show just ones that are a lot better then others. It sucks though the higher up and farther back you go the interest level of the crowd is just not there compared to the sides and up front. It is almost worth it to fork over the extra dough to upgrade just to be surrounded by the more passionate fans.

That said though I was in sec 110 in TO and we had a very mixed crowd. From the excited, to the standing still arms down the whole show(at least they stood), to the ones who sat when the hits were not being played, to the drunks falling over into people in front and beside them. This all happened with in a group of 3 rows and 5 seats across lol.

The only problem was I'm pretty sure anyone could buy whatever ticket for this one as there was only a TM sale, not a 10c draw. I was on the floor where 10c seats normally would be, and it seemed like I was with diehards for the most part, but the behaviour of a few people was definitely questionable lol.

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

The only problem was I'm pretty sure anyone could buy whatever ticket for this one as there was only a TM sale, not a 10c draw. I was on the floor where 10c seats normally would be, and it seemed like I was with diehards for the most part, but the behaviour of a few people was definitely questionable lol.
    Definitely. Nothing ruined or changed my night at all but I thought it was pretty funny how many different types of fans there were within 15 people of me. I am a little worried with Fenway though to be honest due to being in the Grandstand and not knowing how people will react to us standing the whole time.
  • passion4tunespassion4tunes Posts: 64
    edited May 2016
    PJNB said:

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

Definitely. Nothing ruined or changed my night at all but I thought it was pretty funny how many different types of fans there were within 15 people of me. I am a little worried with Fenway though to be honest due to being in the Grandstand and not knowing how people will react to us standing the whole time.
    Hey, I'm all about respecting others at concerts...but it's a fucking concert...and not only that it's a Pearl Jam concert. I think we can all agree that PJ deserves the respect of everyone standing up and rocking out...otherwise why are you there...

You know what grinds my gears??? lmao!
    Post edited by passion4tunes on
    I was there ....I was jumping all night long....bumped into a few girls who needed to be more understanding. ...I met the guy with the SONICS jersey Eddie walked off stage with ...Justin was his name...I got some great video and pics....The set list was awesome..

Alone....Garden..Present Tense...Crazy Mary Little Wing....

Best show of the 4 I seen ....Fort Lauderdale Miami and Tampa image
    2018 Chicago, IL
    2018 Seattle, WA
    2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL
    2016 Miami, FL
    2016 Tampa, FL
    2016 Toronto, Canada II
    2016 Chicago, IL I
    2016 Chicago, IL II
    2014 Detroit, MI
    2006 Cleveland, OH
    2004 Toldeo, OH
    2003 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998 Lansing, MI
    1998 Auburn Hills, MI
    1992 Clarkston, MI
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Good to see Riot Act getting some Air Play :)
    Catwoman1 said:

polaris_x said:

what is the song that is played after the show?

Closing Time by Tom Waits.
    I don't think that's the one ... there were words ... sounded like ed ... but I couldn't hear very well with the crowd noise ...
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    polaris_x said:

Catwoman1 said:

polaris_x said:

what is the song that is played after the show?

Closing Time by Tom Waits.
    I don't think that's the one ... there were words ... sounded like ed ... but I couldn't hear very well with the crowd noise ...
    I wasn't at this concert, but I thought they were playing Closing Time at other concerts I've been too. At least that's always what I thought I was hearing, which made sense to me.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • jpequjpequ Posts: 142
    Did NO ONE else feel that Eddie said goodbye during the break in betterman? He said its BEEN fun playing with these guys, not it IS fun playing with them, as he had two nights previous, and every other time I've seen a them.
    And the way each member was intro'ed and did their own solo, Boom included. And the little bit of extra "Je ne c'est quoi" that almost every song had, especially LB.
    After Ed's speech during BM, I looked over to my ticket buddy, whom I had just met, and said "are you hearing what I'm hearing"? Without hesitation, he said what I feared, "They're packing it in". The boys went on to play the hell out of every song they broke out. And yes it was a very "greatest hits" kind of setlist, but that added to my feeling that that would be the last time I got to see a full set. I hope I can get to pemberton, and am not welcome south of the border, so fuck me, I hope I'm way off, but I still dont think I am, and I usually have very good intuition when it comes to these guys.

Didn't ANYBODY sense this at the show? Maybe you have been in denial or thought you were the only one who felt this way.

I'd sure love to not be validated by a single soul, but i'm sure I wasn't the only one.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I'll be the first naysayer, lol, I didn't get that impression at all during the show (although a listen to the boot may change my mind, lol). I think it was at the first Toronto show that Ed commented that their families were pretty much cool with these short tours, which led me the other way in my thinking, lol. Also, don't forget how often Ed misspeaks or mixes up lyrics (see the various reactions to the Better Man speech, lol), so I don't think we need to worry.

Now, if this wording was used in other cities, it might be cause for alarm, but I haven't seen this reported as yet. If anything it may have been in reference to the end of this set of shows (knowing there's more to come this summer).

I really, really hope you're wrong, no offence, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • jpequ said:

Did NO ONE else feel that Eddie said goodbye during the break in betterman? He said its BEEN fun playing with these guys, not it IS fun playing with them, as he had two nights previous, and every other time I've seen a them.
    And the way each member was intro'ed and did their own solo, Boom included. And the little bit of extra "Je ne c'est quoi" that almost every song had, especially LB.
    After Ed's speech during BM, I looked over to my ticket buddy, whom I had just met, and said "are you hearing what I'm hearing"? Without hesitation, he said what I feared, "They're packing it in". The boys went on to play the hell out of every song they broke out. And yes it was a very "greatest hits" kind of setlist, but that added to my feeling that that would be the last time I got to see a full set. I hope I can get to pemberton, and am not welcome south of the border, so fuck me, I hope I'm way off, but I still dont think I am, and I usually have very good intuition when it comes to these guys.

Didn't ANYBODY sense this at the show? Maybe you have been in denial or thought you were the only one who felt this way.

I'd sure love to not be validated by a single soul, but i'm sure I wasn't the only one.

I felt it, my heart was in my throat and I couldn't handle thinking that was what he meant.
    I summed it up as it being the last night before another break before a few more gigs some months later.

He said something like...You'll miss us and we'll miss you, we'll miss eachother. ect. ect.

I'm pretty sure he was just talking to the travelling followers that have been there almost every night of the tour. I don't think they would ever simply go out like that without a major announcement. I never want to hear those words :( ever.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
    edited September 2016
    He meant this leg....for sure ..he referenced the beginning in Fort Lauderdale which I was at....The Miami cab Driver to Toronto..

This is not the end...
    Post edited by bmaguire on
    2018 Chicago, IL
    2018 Seattle, WA
    2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL
    2016 Miami, FL
    2016 Tampa, FL
    2016 Toronto, Canada II
    2016 Chicago, IL I
    2016 Chicago, IL II
    2014 Detroit, MI
    2006 Cleveland, OH
    2004 Toldeo, OH
    2003 Auburn Hills, MI
    1998 Lansing, MI
    1998 Auburn Hills, MI
    1992 Clarkston, MI
  • Did anybody else see Domi and Chelios at the back of the floors for the last couple of songs?

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

Did anybody else see Domi and Chelios at the back of the floors for the last couple of songs?

Nah missed that. By the soundboard?
  • PJNB said:

Did anybody else see Domi and Chelios at the back of the floors for the last couple of songs?

It was at the back railing of GA. They were nice enough to pose with anybody who wanted pics.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

PJNB said:

It was at the back railing of GA. They were nice enough to pose with anybody who wanted pics.

Thats pretty cool. I wonder if they got in on the swarm of people that rushed over to Mike at the end of the show when he went into the pit.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

jpequ said:

I felt it, my heart was in my throat and I couldn't handle thinking that was what he meant.
    I summed it up as it being the last night before another break before a few more gigs some months later.

He said something like...You'll miss us and we'll miss you, we'll miss eachother. ect. ect.

I'm pretty sure he was just talking to the travelling followers that have been there almost every night of the tour. I don't think they would ever simply go out like that without a major announcement. I never want to hear those words :( ever.
    I agree.

When the time comes, I don't think it will be cryptically announced in passing in the middle of a show.
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    3 months ago today. I realized I was wrong in my post that night about the first 3 songs, but don't mind looking a bit foolish on that count, lol. I also forgot to mention that night that after night 1 I'd asked for more Boom, and boy did we get it!

Still on a high from those 2 shows, the power of music!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    i was just geeking out on on the website on what songs i have seen how many times, when, where etc.. sometimes you click on the song, sometimes you click on the show, and just bounce around like a total nerd, and well i found myself looking at this setlist...

this was a great fucking show! very underrated on these parts- maybe not enough 10clubbers in attendance, but i loved it right after and looking back now at what was played (after that TREAT night 1 nonetheless) brain of j, green disease, garden, oceans, breath, ALONE!! last exit, blood, present tense, crazy mary, inside job.. you get one or two of those in a hsow and it kicks it up a notch.. getting them all in the middle of a great show with great flow.. if i didnt see so many aweome shows in 2016, this would be the clear cut favorite but i cant pick one, there was just too much good pj this year...
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
    your right i was at Wrigley II and the first 3 sows in Florida TORONTO II set list in the middle was awesome, the had energy, that was the end of the Arena shows so they were in essence done with the first leg before the went to do PEMB/Telluride. The 4 Stadium shows were a different breed and animal, with obvious Chicago being the send off of the TOUR.

I was next to a guy with a Seattle Supersonic jersey, he threw to Ed and he took it home off stage with him....got it all on video.

I seen Domi and Chris and Getty Lee, guys were all cool.

ROCK ON PJ

2018 Chicago, IL
    2018 Seattle, WA
    2016 Fort Lauderdale, FL
    2016 Miami, FL
    2016 Tampa, FL
    2016 Toronto, Canada II
    2016 Chicago, IL I
    2016 Chicago, IL II
    2014 Detroit, MI
    2006 Cleveland, OH
    2004 Toldeo, OH