*** Fenway 2 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/7/16 ***

Comments

• iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    JM55546 said:

They played Mind your manners. Save you is crossed off.

My mistake, Save You is crossed off and MYM played
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• drkrdglodrkrdglo Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    The energy they brought to this show was unreal. I feel like every PJ show I end the night saying, "Best show yet!" This show was no exception. Eddie's voice on Love Reign O'er me was unbelievable. The guys clearly found the fountain of youth, but are keeping its secrets to themselves! As a comparison -- listen to boots from 2000 then listen to the guys today -- they blow their past selves out of the water (yes, I know they were going through some shit back then... Boy are we some lucky fans!).
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited August 2016
    Holy fuck!!!! Incredible night!!!! That was fucking amazing.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    WOWZERS!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I had fun. Was around a bunch of bean Towners at their first show ever and it was great. They had fun. People from southie
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    So great. An all time show in an all time venue. What an atmosphere. I preferred the night 1 Encore 1. But Night 2 Encore 2 was epic IMO.

Both shows taken as a whole for me were just perfect!
  • kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    During RITFW Eddie actually played catch with a guy in the 4th row who had a glove. Ed brought a glove and ball out with him and tossed the fan the ball back and forth a few times.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010

During RITFW Eddie actually played catch with a guy in the 4th row who had a glove. Ed brought a glove and ball out with him and tossed the fan the ball back and forth a few times.

He said he wasn't leaving until he played ball.
    EPIC show.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    Another amazing show. I can't thank everyone enough for this weekend. After 19 years of following them around I finally was treated to the song I set out to see all those years ago. IMMORTALITY!!!!!!!! Well worth the wait.
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    drkrdglo said:

The energy they brought to this show was unreal. I feel like every PJ show I end the night saying, "Best show yet!" This show was no exception. Eddie's voice on Love Reign O'er me was unbelievable. The guys clearly found the fountain of youth, but are keeping its secrets to themselves! As a comparison -- listen to boots from 2000 then listen to the guys today -- they blow their past selves out of the water (yes, I know they were going through some shit back then... Boy are we some lucky fans!).

I just... I walked in tonight hoping they would match The feeling of Friday night honestly... I really genuinely didn't know they were going to play one of their greatest shows of all time tonight... tonight was my 40 th show and it was right there with Mansfield 03, the Spectrum shows and all the past great MSG shows... I can't believe they played 3 hours and 15 minutes and they had multiple songs crossed off set list again... Jesus Christ how much more did they want to play!? Haha

The crowd was really good Friday but tonight the energy was unreal tonight and I've never seen the band and Ed specifically so happy to be playing some where ... I'm sure Wrigley will be the same

I loved the covers they played on Friday night but the overall set Ed put together tonight was insane... the last 45 minutes of the main set was phenomenal. Felt like it had been so long since I got Not For You and Immortality, to get them back to back was fucking awesome! Breath in 2nd encore was very cool and I think Corduroy won the honor of most intense crowd feeling of the 2 shows I think, it was insane both nights

Never would have thought I'd ever get to hear Angel live... or Strangest Tribe for that matter... nor did I ever think they would cover Aerosmith! I'm glad they didn't bite on sweet Caroline

Unbelievable feeling driving home right now Thank you to 10c for great seats both nights B5/B3 and I have to say sat next to the best group of fans both nights!

Sorry this is long and over excited... but this is really one of their best... memorable night. Thank you Pearl Jam as always!

1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    That was incredible. Absolutely everything I wanted it to be and more. Off He Goes and NAIS before the sun even goes down?!? Angel, Footsteps, Miracles, Love Reign, Breath, the most fun RITFW I've ever seen, finally Yellow Ledbetter for my buddy Billy (took TEN shows) and an incredible McCready Star Spangled Solo to close it out. The first set was straight fire. Loved every second of this show. Holy shit what a weekend!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • My wife and I came down from Toronto for both shows and tonight was the best ever!!! Tons of fun, awesome energy in B6...met some great people...Rearviewmirror kicked our asses, so much energy, so much fun...will never forget how amazing this show was!!!
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    That was amazing. I had a much better seat than night 1 so that obviously had some influence but I too thought tonight blew night 1 out of the water (and I thought night 1 was pretty good). I love seeing Ed in such a good mood, he was like a little kid living his dream, while we were living ours. They did something a little different with Not For You that was awesome, I'll have to look on YouTube. I loved RITFW when Mike gave his guitar to Ray Cameron, then went over to drum with Matt, then Jeff and Mike trade and instead of banging the drums, Jeff decided to just hit the sticks together.

Probably the best 2-night run I've ever been to!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    You could tell that they wanted to keep playing. Show 58 for me and easily in the top five. I can say nothing bad about this show. Fenway was amazing, Boston and the people who live here were incredible. Immortality was the highlight for me. I m still in awe on how amazing tonight was. Crowd and band were perfect!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    MK88178 said:

Another amazing show. I can't thank everyone enough for this weekend. After 19 years of following them around I finally was treated to the song I set out to see all those years ago. IMMORTALITY!!!!!!!! Well worth the wait.

I screamed like a little girl when I heard the opening notes
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • wouldyouhitmewouldyouhitme Posts: 166
    edited August 2016
    Show #25
    Past shows include Borgata 1, MSG 2 2010, both PJ 20, Philly 10 show, Fenway 1 to name a few.

This was the greatest rock show / Pearl jam show I have ever seen. Period. Hands down.

We all left speechless. What a performance, setlist, crowd, venue.
    Angel?!, Smile!?, Breath!?, Off he goes, NAIS, Immortality, Modern Girl, Nothingman, Footsteps...... Absolutely an all timer.
    Post edited by wouldyouhitme on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:

You could tell that they wanted to keep playing. Show 58 for me and easily in the top five. I can say nothing bad about this show. Fenway was amazing, Boston and the people who live here were incredible. Immortality was the highlight for me. I m still in awe on how amazing tonight was. Crowd and band were perfect!!

Immortality was my highlight as well. Only been to six shows but that is the song along with Release that I have always wanted to hear live and it did not disappoint. One song that surprised me tonight was Jeremy. That had to be one of the loudest reactions of the night.
  • drkrdglodrkrdglo Posts: 5
    edited August 2016
    ragejoe said:

tonight was my 40 th show and it was right there with Mansfield 03, the Spectrum shows and all the past great MSG shows... I can't believe they played 3 hours and 15 minutes and they had multiple songs crossed off set list again... Jesus Christ how much more did they want to play!? Haha

I was trying to think which shows might come close to being as great as tonight's. All I can come up with are the '09 Spectrum shows. 4 shows with one of their longest sets ever (42 songs) being the fourth and final show at the Spectrum. Oh and the band dressed up as Devo since it was Halloween. Classic.

I don't know if others felt the same, but I thought the sound quality of the Fenway shows was better than any arena or amphitheater show (was sitting in B5, close to where the mixing board was located). Ironically enough, my good friend was trying to talk me out of getting tickets because he said how disappointed he's always been with sound at Fenway shows. Glad I didn't listen to him. :)
    Post edited by drkrdglo on
  • jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Just a terrific weekend win two of the greatest shows I've attended. This was #12 and 13 for me. Most will say #2 blew #1 away, but both had its bits and pieces that were highlights of the weekend overall.
    For me, the first 6 songs or so from night #1 was just surreal. Just absolutely beautiful and totally caught in the moment, something I'll remember for the rest of my life.
    The last hour or so of night #2 was the better latter part of the two shows in my opinion though.
    Overall, two memorable and epic shows
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Best show ever. First row on the rail dead center. Wow. I still can't believe what I witnessed tonight. A4 row 1 fuckin rocked. Excellent fans around me and we were jumping all night. To the guy next to me from PA with your son who got a harmonica and tambourine. And the mic tossed to him!!! Reach out to me and keep in touch for the next one......
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Only 5 repeats if I'm counting correctly.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    mcgruff10 said:

Thank you very much
    EPIC
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • rtmarshrtmarsh Northeast Posts: 59
    EB218946 said:

Thought it was a good show for sure. But night one was so much better.

Say more....
    “The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.”
  • rtmarshrtmarsh Northeast Posts: 59
    Night 2>Night 1 but what a show!! Sound was spot on and the energy was topped right from the beginning.
    “The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences.”
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Oh nice set list..
  • pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    edited August 2016
    Haha, my guy that works the field at Fenway can die happy... Big time PJ fan and they got a shout-out tonight during the show:

“Sometimes I will make up any excuse to make a toast but this one is deep.” EV goes on to enumerates all of the hard work the grounds crew had to put in on the off day to keep these hallowed grounds looking good. He toasts the great ground crew and all the work they do.

PS I wonder if he knows they are the source for the leaked sets...
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • mdevitremdevitre Los Angeles Posts: 26
    Looks like Parachutes was crossed off, too.

But honestly, I won't compare the shows, what's the point? I was lucky enough to see both from back and up close, and both combine to be an epic 2 show stand.

Ed's voice is still so strong, and all of them are playing better than they ever have before, so that all came together perfectly in the perfect venue.
    [X]  Ventura, California (May 12, 1992)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (December 01, 1993)
    [X]  Mountain View, California (October 01, 1994)
    [X]  San Diego, California (November 06, 1995)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 14, 1996)
    [X]  Seattle, Washington (September 16, 1996)
    [X]  San Diego, California (July 10, 1998)
    [X]  Great Western Forum (July 13, 1998)
    [X]  Inglewood, California (July 14, 1998)
    [X]  Las Vegas, Nevada (October 22, 2000)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (October 24, 2000)
    [X]  San Diego, California (October 25, 2000)
    [X]  Irvine, California (June 02, 2003)
    [X]  San Diego, California (June 05, 2003)
    [X]  Los Angeles, California (July 09, 2006)
    [X]  Hollywood, California (July 12, 2006)
    [X]  Santa Barbara, California (July 13, 2006)
    [X]  Universal City, California (September 30, 2009)
    [X]  Gibson Amphitheater (October 07, 2009)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    [X]  Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    [X]  Greenville (April 16, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 1 (August 05, 2016)
    [X]  Boston 2 (August 07, 2016)
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    Another Gem, magical to me. Had sweet buzzzzz not over the top, sounded terrific.... In the moment for sure

Immortality was incredible

So many others

Had so much fun last few days, great city
  • It's over.

Pearl Jam at Fenway Park will forever be a moment in time I will look back on and smile ear to ear. What a perfect weekend. The songs I got to hear, the friends I got to hug, and the memories everlasting. This weekend was too beautiful for words. This band, these fans, and everything in between. I love you all. I love this fucking band.

"And all that he frees
    A little bittersweet is home
    It's nothing as it seems
    The little that you see is home"

Pearl Jam is my home, and my friends are my family.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Mike, Stone, Boom, Jeff, Matt, Ed, Boston, anybody at Fenway Park - thank you so much. GREAT night/show