*** Fenway 1 Boston, MA Fanviews Here 8/5/16 ***

Comments

• Anyone have a video of Patriot?
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    That was the best PJ show I have ever seen.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    vitodacat said:

Red Mosquito, Lukin, Betterman all scratched from encore 2 due to 10:30 curfew. Really, 10:30 curfew ?

Fenway has a very strict curfew due to Fenway being in a residental neighborhood. Sucks those songs were cut off, but you still got to see a great show.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• marc34 said:

I was in A3 and with the exception of a few people in my area the crowd felt dead down front. I guess the age of the 10c members is starting to catch up. Sound was great. Seating was really tight. Some people need to eat a salad every once in a while. The 2 people next to me were spilling over out of their seats. I could barely move most of the time. Overall thought the show was great.

They should end this thread right now.

10club members are old and fat!

The end.
    Just spit my coffee out! Could be the best post I've ever read! Looks like we need a petition for 10c cross fit and stop all the petitions for songs and shorter merch lines. Or better yet, cross fit while in merch line for 4 hours! Enjoy the shows old timers! See you in my senior section at Wrigley!

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    EB218946 said:

The show was amazing. Great energy, amazing set, weather was perfect. I do love reading the negative comments on these fan views lol. Some people will never be happy. The original set was around 36-38 songs I believe. With a strict curfew, songs are bound to be scratched. Deal with it.
  • Electro_UKElectro_UK Posts: 119
    Show was perfect. Eighth time seeing them and they always surprise me. Got choked up during Long Road and head banged to my heart's content during every fast song.

People calling a 32 song setlist skinny need a reality check big time.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • jk6977jk6977 Posts: 2
    What a night - heard Faithfull so it's all gravy from here on out.

Who else got suckered into Fenway an hour early by the "acoustic set" rumor? lol

A genius move to spread that one, whoever the concessions vendor is. What a money maker that was.
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Maybe it's where you were sitting, if you think the crowd was dead. I was in Sec B4 and security couldn't keep us from dancing in the aisle.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    edited August 2016
    I was not at the show, but enjoyed it from the setlist thread.
    I think there were some real gems and people who were lucky enough to be there must have had a real treat.
    For me it is not about the lenght of the show (although we know the band plays way more than the average) but the quality of it, the thought and heart they put into the setlist.
    I mean, even if most of us won´t get "our" song played, you can´t deny that every request they choose to do is more than well deserved, like last night´s "I´ve got the feeling".
    Maybe it´s the fact that I don´t get too many chances to see them live, but I know I will never be disappointed, no matter what or how long they play.
    Can´t wait for Wrigley! :)
    Post edited by pearljam1809 on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

marc34 said:

I was in A3 and with the exception of a few people in my area the crowd felt dead down front. I guess the age of the 10c members is starting to catch up. Sound was great. Seating was really tight. Some people need to eat a salad every once in a while. The 2 people next to me were spilling over out of their seats. I could barely move most of the time. Overall thought the show was great.

They should end this thread right now.

10club members are old and fat!

The end.
    Hehehehehe.

Why are people so concerned about how other fans experience shows?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Maybe the band reps started the rumor to get people in their seats so the fellas could get started.
    I'll be there wicked early on Sunday! Don't want them cutting ANYTHING due to curfew.
    Lollapalooza @ Great Woods 8-8-92~~CU Field House 11-26-93~~Red Rocks 6-20-95~~Randall's Island 9-28-96~~Randall's Island 9-29-96~~Columbia, Maryland 9-24-96~~EV solo Hartford, CT 6-18-11~~EV solo Albuquerque, NM 11-6-12~~ Denver 10-22-2014~~Fenway II 8-7-2016
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Such a good show. Tons of energy and some nice rarities. Ed was super talkative and all over the place. Can't wait for Sunday!

There were definitely a few miscues. And my only real complaint - the new breakdown section in Corduroy doesn't do it for me at all. I really hope it's done after this tour.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696

Unreal!!
    Master of war
    http://youtu.be/vPqMq-OJbp4

Wow. That's great
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    edited August 2016
    It's amazing the complaints. You get out what you put into the show. For me this show was 100% amazing. Release into Long road is always killer. It was the whose who of Covers tonight. Felt like champaign illinois all over again for me. Cnumb- Mike is just sick. Great moment with I got a feeling. It Even made Ed cry. MASTERS OF WAR the gritty guitar with those gritty lyrics. They perfected that song. It would have made Dylan proud. It was a face melter. 3rd time strangest has been on a setlist for me and what a treat it was to hear it. Loved the slower vibe tonight. Can't wait til Sunday. They are going to blow the doors off the building.

1st time in Fenway. It made me feel right at home being a cubs fan. What a magical building.
    Post edited by MK88178 on
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460

vitodacat said:

Red Mosquito, Lukin, Betterman all scratched from encore 2 due to 10:30 curfew. Really, 10:30 curfew ?

Fenway has a very strict curfew due to Fenway being in a residental neighborhood. Sucks those songs were cut off, but you still got to see a great show.
    100% agreed. Not a real complaint. My longer review listed tons of pros. Serious question. Why 10:30 curfew ? Obviously it's much louder than baseball games but I'd say plenty of Red Sox games go past 10:30.
    Had an incredible time and venue was amazing ( even being a Yankee fan was surreal being on Fenway field).

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • LenzLenz Posts: 89
    Not every PJ gig is great or epic. This one was far away from great/epic.

Although Fenway Park is a nice location for a PJ gig, although the sound and the weather were great, I was not caught yesterday. Although we had great versions of Cordurory, Life Wasted, Masters Of War and I'm A Patriot.

The crowd was lame and so many people were just occupied with grabbing as much merch as possible. And, unfortunately many people don't seem to be that crazy (anymore) about attending a show, no matter what the reasons may be. The band didn't have their best night too: they messed up Strangest Tribe (I saw such a great version of this song in Oslo 2014, sorry for anybody who hasn't seen it before), Society and Alive was kind of lame. And guys: 7 (or if you count in Another Brick In The Wall 8) covers are way too much. Pearl Jam has that many great songs, no need too play that many covers.

I am quite sure, we will have a much better (hopefully epic/great) night on Sunday. Hopefully people will come earlier so that there is no need to for haste again.
  • droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,327
    Love release to start but I thought the first 5 songs were too slow. I love each of them individually but it felt like that combination wasn't conducive to a ton of energy to start like there was at a lot of the arena shows this year. Things picked up once they played GTF though. Overall a good show but not a top 10 for me.
  • Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    JimmyV said:

Strangest Tribe was fun to hear but so many people had no idea what it was or why it was special.

It should be interesting to see how it is received at House of Blues today, with just 10C members. Please let us know (I am flying back home this morning). I felt like I was the only one around me who recognized it. Beautiful performance. Not griping, but the crowd reacted more to Sleeping By Myself!!!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    The crowd in B1 was on its feet the entire show.

Long Road was the biggest highlight for me, in a night filled w/ highlights. ATY, Patriot & MOW were awesome, as well as Got a Feeling. The Aerosmith cover was a great surprise, I love how they dedicated it to Joe Perry.

The band was in good spirits, especially Ed. I forgot how giddy he was on stage at Wrigley in '13, and that came out again last night. He genuinely loves baseball, and the opportunity to play at Fenway. What an amazing show, I can't wait to see what they do tomorrow night.

The band played 32 songs over the course of 2:50, it's hilarious to think that 'feels skinny' to some. It was an 'average' set length for PJ which blows away pretty much any other live act today. I'll take that any night of the year.
  • KartsKarts Posts: 115
    Totally awesome they played Draw The Line, Mike's guitar needed to be way higher though and the performance really makes you appreciate Tyler's superhuman vocals back in the day. Green River used to cover Somebody, hopefully they whip that out someday.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    I think with each stadium show the shows will get better and better.

Enjoyed following the set here from Australia.

Despite being great songs, I do question why so many covers are played when the band has so many of their own songs that don't get played. 2, maybe 3 covers, but 7?

Back in your own songs and just rock the fuck out, don't worry about writing the best set ever, making the show epic, just let the set flow, and let the songs do the talking!

Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440

Maybe the band reps started the rumor to get people in their seats so the fellas could get started.
    I'll be there wicked early on Sunday! Don't want them cutting ANYTHING due to curfew.

wicked cool! :)
  • AnnieBananieAnnieBananie Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 35
    marc34 said:

Sound was great. Seating was really tight. Some people need to eat a salad every once in a while.

Bahahahahaha ha!

Show was great, can't wait for Sunday :)

:bee:

Hamilton - 9/15/11
    Buffalo - 10/12/13
    Seattle - 12/6/13
    Detroit - 10/16/14
    Quebec CIty - 5/5/16
    Ottawa - 5/8/16
    Toronto 1 - 5/10/16
    Toronto 2 - 5/12/16
    Fenway 1 - 8/5/16
    Fenway 2 - 8/7/16
    Seattle Home show 1 - 8/8/18
    Seattle Home show 2 - 8/10/18
    Fenway 1 - 9/2/18
    San Diego - 5/3/22
    Los Angeles 1 - 5/6/22
    Los Angeles 2 - 5/7/22
    Quebec City - 9/1/22
    Ottawa - 9/3/22
    Hamilton - 9/6/22
    Toronto - 9/8/22

>~~~~<<<<<~~~~~~>>>>>~~~~~~<
    Dublin IE - 07/03/19 Eddie Solo Tour
    London UK - 07/06/19 
    Eddie Solo Tour

• PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291
    What a set. You guys got to witness an amazing show. I caught pieces of it on periscope from my couch while watching the Rio opening ceremonies. This was way better! Masters of War was unreal.

See you old timers in the senior section at Wrigley!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    vitodacat said:

vitodacat said:

100% agreed. Not a real complaint. My longer review listed tons of pros. Serious question. Why 10:30 curfew ? Obviously it's much louder than baseball games but I'd say plenty of Red Sox games go past 10:30.
    Had an incredible time and venue was amazing ( even being a Yankee fan was surreal being on Fenway field).
    Fenway is a rather residential area. It may not look it, but just go down some of the surrounding side streets and you'll immediately see the difference. It's summer, people have their windows open, the sound travels quite far and is very loud. It took them YEARS to be able to do concerts there, I'm sure negotiations with the city were shaky when it came to not further pissing off the locals. So an early curfew it is. Sucks and not what most are used to, but ah well, just another one of Boston's 'special' quirks.

I wish though an earlier start time was clearer from the beginning. But I suppose Night 1 being a Friday, it's also harder not to interfere with jobs and local businesses too. Maybe by Sun more people will get the idea of how it works and we'll start at 7:30 on the dot.
  • mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    Energy was out of control. I was in c5 and it was amazing. Band really fed off an electric crowd. The sound was stellar. Best I have heard in a long time.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    Mike was on fire. Comfortably Numb solo was nuts.. He just kept finding ways to make it grow.... Amazing feel.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    Great show! Cool city. I didn't get puked on..... I like this day to "recover". See ya tomorrow night bitches!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    nicknyr15 said:

EB218946 said:

The show was amazing. Great energy, amazing set, weather was perfect. I do love reading the negative comments on these fan views lol. Some people will never be happy. The original set was around 36-38 songs I believe. With a strict curfew, songs are bound to be scratched. Deal with it.
    That made my day