Options

Anonymous - Message to US Citizens 6/26/16

myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
edited June 2016 in A Moving Train
"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

Post edited by myoung321 on

Comments

• Options
    I watched it and the part mentioning "Government of the people, for the people, by the people" reminded me of this https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-regarding-british-referendum-on-e.u.-membership
    Come November, the American people will have the chance to re-declare their independence. Americans will have a chance to vote for trade, immigration and foreign policies that put our citizens first. They will have the chance to reject today’s rule by the global elite, and to embrace real change that delivers a government of, by and for the people
  • Options
    Thinking Trump cares about anyone not named TRUMP is comical.

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    myoung321 said:

Change the name to Clinton, and same shit, just a different box.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    EM194007 said:

myoung321 said:

Thinking any politician or bureaucrats care about anyone other than themselves and most of their silly agendas is ridiculous.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

EM194007 said:

myoung321 said:

Thinking any politician or bureaucrats care about anyone other than themselves and most of their silly agendas is ridiculous.
    I agree

• Options
    EM194007 said:

myoung321 said:

NO need to change... just add..

• Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,980
    edited June 2016
    With the citizens of the US divided on so many issues, do you think it's possible for a bloodless revolution?

I can't imagine our population setting up a new system that works for everyone.

Until people quit fighting among themselves, this will go nowhere positive.

ETA: I'm not entirely pleased with this current political state, but I want nothing to do with contributing to a revolution. Bloodless or otherwise.
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dudeman said:

With the citizens of the US divided on so many issues, do you think it's possible for a bloodless revolution?

ETA: I'm not entirely pleased with this current political state, but I want nothing to do with contributing to a revolution. Bloodless or otherwise.

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

I'm with you there. Wife and I were just talking about this.

It really shows how little hardship a person has actually experienced in their life when they think the current situation is worthy of revolution. You are literally richer than more than half the world, but it isn't good enough? It's got to be better?
    Clearly, these people don't understand at all the hunger, pain, humiliation, and suffering they are wishing upon themselves and innocents when they talk of revolution in the most stable, comfortable, safe, and free society ever to exist.
    It's foolish, and the BernieBros should be ashamed of they say down and actually thought about it, and they would be very ashamed if they actually met a victim of revolution and had to bear witness to the physical and emotional scars it leaves.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    ^^^
    gambs, why do you repeat the quotes so often?
    Once is enough
  • Options

^^^
    Once is enough

It's a glitch due to my increasingly elusive cellular signal. The land is cheap, the crops grow lush, the hills are quiet, and the water is clean and abundant, but the cell towers are many miles away and the internet doesn't come out this far.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

^^^
    Once is enough

It's a glitch due to my increasingly elusive cellular signal. The land is cheap, the crops grow lush, the hills are quiet, and the water is clean and abundant, but the cell towers are many miles away and the internet doesn't come out this far.
    But the carbon to post 2 or 3 times.....
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    EM194007 said:

myoung321 said:

No matter who you vote for the government gets in
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    rgambs said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

It really shows how little hardship a person has actually experienced in their life when they think the current situation is worthy of revolution. You are literally richer than more than half the world, but it isn't good enough? It's got to be better?
    Clearly, these people don't understand at all the hunger, pain, humiliation, and suffering they are wishing upon themselves and innocents when they talk of revolution in the most stable, comfortable, safe, and free society ever to exist.
    It's foolish, and the BernieBros should be ashamed of they say down and actually thought about it, and they would be very ashamed if they actually met a victim of revolution and had to bear witness to the physical and emotional scars it leaves.
    The video says "Bloodless Revolution"

It's easy to overlook major issues if ones own life is somewhat comfortable .. However, a larger number of Americans are living below the poverty line today than at any other time in our history. What used to be middle class can no longer afford college or have to go into debt like never experienced to this extent by previous generations. You can't simply look past the income inequality gap that continues to widen.

42% of all U.S. workers are working for minimum wage. Not exactly the paradise you made it out of sound like.. why complain???..

Remember this country we all love was created out of Revolution. You can only pray on the weak and poor for so long before they get pissed... They won't just eat cake ;)

• Options

rgambs said:

^^^
    Once is enough

But the carbon to post 2 or 3 times.....
    Carbon? It's not exactly an empty carboard box being shipped around the world lol.
  • Options
    Labor laws we enjoy today are thanks to people standing up and fighting for them.

• Options
    myoung321 said:

Labor laws we enjoy today are thanks to people standing up and fighting for them.

Of course, and we have to fight still, but we can do so democratically for now. They had to fight tooth and nail because they were subjected to third world conditions. We are not right now.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    "We" aren't,, but many in this country are... and many are 1 paycheck away from being homeless or hungry. We have more wealth ever known by man, yet 65% of American homes make less than 60k a year with both parents working. Still really no affordable healthcare, education budgets being cut all over the country in the richest country on earth?? why ?

• Options
    myoung321 said:

rgambs said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

dudeman said:

The video says "Bloodless Revolution"

It's easy to overlook major issues if ones own life is somewhat comfortable .. However, a larger number of Americans are living below the poverty line today than at any other time in our history. What used to be middle class can no longer afford college or have to go into debt like never experienced to this extent by previous generations. You can't simply look past the income inequality gap that continues to widen.

42% of all U.S. workers are working for minimum wage. Not exactly the paradise you made it out of sound like.. why complain???..

Remember this country we all love was created out of Revolution. You can only pray on the weak and poor for so long before they get pissed... They won't just eat cake ;)
    Which amounts to a full belly every day, a warm enough roof over your head, and going to sleep with the relative confidence that no warlords are going to raid your town and cut off everyone's arms or kill everyone.

That's paradise to more than half the world.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    You're using the most extreme example of African genocides to justify poverty in the richest country on earth?

Like I said, its easy to think everything is gravey when you yourself are comfortable.. next time you travel to a PJ show and can enjoy those benefits of your situation. Remember those working at those places or selling you that lunch.. they are probably making minimum wage and a trip to see a band would be equivalent to us hoping on a private jet headed to our villa in the south of France.. Maybe you could...but that isn;t in my realm of reality... perspective... I was lucky enough to do okay.. sounds like you were too.. many of our fellow Americans did not and will not have that same chance. Hell they don't even want them to have $15 an hour... could you live on that?

What would your life be at $7,25 an hour?

• Options
    Stickman12Stickman12 Posts: 504
    Government overreach is a problem in today's society. It would take major oppression along with the removal of rights to ignite a revolution. Possible, yes. Likely, no
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

You're using the most extreme example of African genocides to justify poverty in the richest country on earth?

Like I said, its easy to think everything is gravey when you yourself are comfortable.. next time you travel to a PJ show and can enjoy those benefits of your situation. Remember those working at those places or selling you that lunch.. they are probably making minimum wage and a trip to see a band would be equivalent to us hoping on a private jet headed to our villa in the south of France.. Maybe you could...but that isn;t in my realm of reality... perspective... I was lucky enough to do okay.. sounds like you were too.. many of our fellow Americans did not and will not have that same chance. Hell they don't even want them to have $15 an hour... could you live on that?

What would your life be at $7,25 an hour?

My point is that true poverty is extremely rare, if it exists at all, in America.
    Our poorest eat, sleep, and get life saving medical care. I grew up "poor" and know many people below the poverty line and we/they rarely go to bed hungry.

Yes, we need to right the balance and get capital in the hands of the people, but revolution isn't necessary for that to happen.
  • Options
    It's relative, RG.

While I agree with your general premise, telling people who are struggling that it could be worse to 'think of Africans' is insensitive. In this day and age... where and whom you are born to means all.

There's no question a massive redistribution of wealth needs to occur. Capitalism is a nasty thing. It'll never happen until a global apocalypse occurs though. One day, we'll all be in the same boat.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

It's relative, RG.

While I agree with your general premise, telling people who are struggling that it could be worse to 'think of Africans' is insensitive. In this day and age... where and whom you are born to means all.

There's no question a massive redistribution of wealth needs to occur. Capitalism is a nasty thing. It'll never happen until a global apocalypse occurs though. One day, we'll all be in the same boat.

All in poverty?
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    What happened to reaping what you sow, for better or worse? My husband and I have worked our asses off for what we have (beginning at minimum wage in our teens as most do, and moving past that, as most do), and give as we can - of our own volition. I don't need or want others determining how we should spend, donate, or "redistribute" what we've earned. We can figure that out for ourselves. Hell, we already do.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

What happened to reaping what you sow, for better or worse? My husband and I have worked our asses off for what we have (beginning at minimum wage in our teens as most do, and moving past that, as most do), and give as we can - of our own volition. I don't need or want others determining how we should spend, donate, or "redistribute" what we've earned. We can figure that out for ourselves. Hell, we already do.

I don't think the problem sits with you and your husband, Hedo. The problem lurks in a few select bank accounts where a few people own more than enough to buy a country of they wanted to.

Why have six billion when one billion would suffice?
  • Options
    * And reaping what you sow is overrated given the lack of opportunity so many face. Digging yourself out of the gutter isn't as easy as some movies might suggest.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited June 2016
    hedonist said:

I agree and am in the same boat here, but there is a popular idea right now that anyone that "gets ahead" must somehow be there because they were "lucky" or screwing others to get there. The fact is, we live responsibly, are smart with finances, work our asses off, sacrifice pleasure when needed, etc. If we were taking out loans to go to Pearl Jam concerts, buy cars, etc, then we would probably not be in a good place financially. I think a BIG problem in today's society is consumerism and people living way beyond their means. Sure some people are dealt a rough hand, but if you are a methed out "gangsta" with a face tattoo complaining that you cannot get a good paying job or a Cheetos eating lazy ass spending your time playing video games in your parent's basement, then you have earned yourself a financial-"fuck you".
    This entitled idea that life is butterflies and roses and everyone should have the same this or that is pretty unrealistic. If you have truly become impoverished because of unfortunate events or illness then I am all about lending a helping hand, but I have little respect or empathy for those that are irresponsible and self-destructive and complain about how life is unfair...rant over.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,904

It's relative, RG.

Surely you're joking?

1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | **2024-05-16 Las Vegas** | **2024-05-18 Las Vegas** |
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

I agree and am in the same boat here, but there is a popular idea right now that anyone that "gets ahead" must somehow be there because they were "lucky" or screwing others to get there. The fact is, we live responsibly, are smart with finances, work our asses off, sacrifice pleasure when needed, etc. If we were taking out loans to go to Pearl Jam concerts, buy cars, etc, then we would probably not be in a good place financially. I think a BIG problem in today's society is consumerism and people living way beyond their means. Sure some people are dealt a rough hand, but if you are a methed out "gangsta" with a face tattoo complaining that you cannot get a good paying job or a Cheetos eating lazy ass spending your time playing video games in your parent's basement, then you have earned yourself a financial-"fuck you".
    This entitled idea that life is butterflies and roses and everyone should have the same this or that is pretty unrealistic. If you have truly become impoverished because of unfortunate events or illness then I am all about lending a helping hand, but I have little respect or empathy for those that are irresponsible and self-destructive and complain about how life is unfair...rant over.
    That's a good rant.
    Don't forget to add potheads who barely live paycheque to paycheque but always have money for weed.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,644
    PJPOWER said:

hedonist said:

So you start your rant saying that you don't like to be stereotyped, and then you finish it by stereotyping others?