The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Well that sucked. How the hell did that shot from Seabrook not go in?!? Hit both posts and bounced along the goal line. Unbelievable. Great series all around with a disappointing ending.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Well that sucked. How the hell did that shot from Seabrook not go in?!? Hit both posts and bounced along the goal line. Unbelievable. Great series all around with a disappointing ending.

Yeah, I can't believe that shot didn't go in.
    While I'm pissed it's over, I'm not really shocked by the outcome. The Hawks are still a very good team, but I think anyone watching them over the last 2 months could see they had some issues. They still had the ability to step it up when they needed, but they didn't have all the pieces they've had in past years. That and it seemed like they lacked focus at times thoughout the year and the playoffs. I said it many times over the season but it truly seemed like everyone was just waiting for someone else to do something.
    The lacked the depth of quality players they've had in the past. In the past, the 3rd and 4th line, while they'd never burn up the highlight reel...they could still worry the other team.
    Need another solid defender and at least two more forwards...especially since Ladd will be gone now.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Teravainen & Bickell to Carolina for draft picks.

Teravainen & Bickell to Carolina for draft picks.

Finally get rid of that Bickell contract. It's too bad that they had to throw in a young guy like Tuevo just to get someone to take Bickell.
    I'm not to hurt over losing Tuevo. He certainly showed some flash and some potential last year, but I don't see him being more than a 15 goal/yr kind of guy anyways. And the dude turned the puck over so much!
    I'm just glad they freed up some cap space.
    Gives us some room to re-sign Shaw and hopefully work an extension to Panarin.

I'd be OK if they moved on from Shaw and brought in a free agent. Shaw has been solid over the years, but you can always count on him for a stupid penalty at the worst time. Drives me nuts. I just don't want a Shaw contract to keep the Hawks from re-signing Panarin. The salary cap keeps going down so it just keeps getting tighter for the Hawks.

I'd be OK if they moved on from Shaw and brought in a free agent. Shaw has been solid over the years, but you can always count on him for a stupid penalty at the worst time. Drives me nuts. I just don't want a Shaw contract to keep the Hawks from re-signing Panarin. The salary cap keeps going down so it just keeps getting tighter for the Hawks.
    That wouldn't bother me at all. I'd much rather get Panarin locked up for a few more years. Shaw is replaceable, Panarin is Kane Jr. in the making.

That wouldn't bother me at all. I'd much rather get Panarin locked up for a few more years. Shaw is replaceable, Panarin is Kane Jr. in the making.
    Exactly! Panarin IS the future. Was so fun watching him play last year. Looked like a young Patty Kane.
    mca47 said:

Exactly! Panarin IS the future. Was so fun watching him play last year. Looked like a young Patty Kane.
    Yep. Hawks already had to trade Saad and now Tuevo because of this brutal Bickell contract. Don't want to see it happen again by them overpaying for Shaw.
    So long, Shaw. Had a nice run here and won 2 Cups. Apparently he as looking for $4.5M per year. Way too much for a guy like that....right decision by Bowman. This NHL salary cap is brutal! That damn canadian dollar sure is making things hard.
    Re-signed Brian Campbell of the 2010 Stanley Cup team for cheap. Ladd to the Isles.

Re-signed Brian Campbell of the 2010 Stanley Cup team for cheap. Ladd to the Isles.

Good move bringing Campbell back. Will fit right back in as a top 4 d-man.
    Bit of a rough start for the Hawks. Nice to get a win on Saturday. Penalty kill has been awful....think they've give up 7-8 PP goals already. It's going to take a bit for the team to gel with so many young guys on the roster...
  • pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    penalties and penalty killing is the problem right now...even strength they are fine... but one thing i will say is that they arent very deep and look a little slower this year
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    I have some Blackhawks tickets available sect 313 row 11 for sale $178 per pair includes official United Center Parking. I have November 3rd against the Canucks and I have December 6th against the Coyotes. PM me thanks!
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Two Hawks tickets for sale this Sunday 10/30.
    Section 329 row 2.
    Face value $160 for the pair.
    cmalisze said:

Two Hawks tickets for sale this Sunday 10/30.
    Section 329 row 2.
    Face value $160 for the pair.

Check out prices on stubhub....no chance you're getting face value for those tickets for Sunday with the Cubs in the world series.

I may try and go Sunday night and sit in the 100 level for a decent price.
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067

I have some Blackhawks tickets available sect 313 row 11 for sale $150 per pair includes official United Center Parking. I have November 3rd against the Canucks. PM me thanks!
    price dropped to $150 for the pair for Thursday 11/3, includes parking
    Hawks are on fire. 6 in a row. Anisimov and Crawford are both playing great right now.
    Nice to get Toews back out there last night. Solid win against the Rangers....Darling is doing a great job filling in for Crawford.
    At the beginning of the season I changed all my passwords at work so they have an 81 at the end and Hossa is having a great year so far. Coincidence?
    Here we go!
    Not a good time to fall flat on their faces.
    Sometimes it really seems like they don't even prepare for these games.
    mca47 said:

Sometimes it really seems like they don't even prepare for these games.

They came out flat in the 1st period, but seemed to control the game in the 2nd and 3rd periods....Rinne had an awesome game. Definitely think that they will bounce back tonight.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    Working for the Park District of Highland Park in Illinois we have what is called the SMILE Fund. The SMILE Fund is a grant-in-aid program in which local residents can apply for a scholarship, based on financial need, for participation fees for programs and memberships that we offer. In 2015, over $100,000 was awarded to families to participate in day camps, athletic programs, early childhood classes etc. The list goes on and on. Bottom line we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to SMILE regardless of financial stability. SMILE is under the Park District's 501c3 umbrella and information about SMILE can be found here pdhp.org/parks-foundation-highland-park/

In 2016, we hosted the first annual Champions Banquet recognizing our youth athletic programs and those that make them possible while benefitting the SMILE Fund. Chicago Cubs legend, Fergie Jenkins was our keynote speaker and was fantastic. Through this evening, slightly under $10,000 was raised for the SMILE Fund via ticket sales and the amazing silent and live auction items that were available.

The 2017 Champions Banquet is set for Thursday, May 25 in Highland Park and features, Chicago Blackhawk legend, Denis Savard as our keynote speaker this year. More information about the event can be found here pdhp.org/event/2017-champions-banquet/

I would love for any and all local fans to attend and make this event something special for the community in which I work and serve daily. Plus you can meet, have your picture taken with, and get an autograph from a NHL Hall of Famer! Pretty cool.

If you have any questions, would like to attend, or even donate an item or money to our fund please reach out.

Thanks for reading!
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Take a seat, buddy. You're gonna miss the next game
    Well that was a fucking disaster last night. Nashville has been playing great defensively...blocking so many shots. Not many quality chances for the Hawks.
    The only thing that still gives me hope is we were down 2-0 to the Blues in 2014. Buuuuuut we also lost those first two games in OT and actually scored a few goals.