**Calgary Fanviews Here**

Comments

• arcarc Posts: 13
    Hi guys,

Can someone tell me if Eddie play solo before supersucker like on the last tour ?
  • arc wrote:
    Hi guys,

Can someone tell me if Eddie play solo before supersucker like on the last tour ?

None so far. He has appeared with the Supersuckers twice though. One word of advice though - the set change is usually only about 30 minutes, quicker than most.
    Eddie Would Go.
  • BeeBoy wrote:
    So I was next to a beautiful woman Section 112 Row 8 in Calgary... Now shes gone and its killing me... A fantastic show made better by being next to someone who loved it as much as me, and Ill never see her again. gonelikethat@hotmail.com

So I was hoping the woman of my dreams would see the post and respond, but alas, gone.....
    Ive listened to the show three times in its entirety and smile each time, what a ride, first time seeing them, best show Ive ever seen.
  • I've been a long time pearl jam listener (before Ten was released, all I had to listen to was a live recording of Alive, recorded from the t.v. onto a cassette). My how technology has progressed. Anyway, I've been to more live concerts than most over the years, and I have to say that this one rates highly. Awesome interaction between band and fans. It's nice to be in a venue where enough people realize that this is your chance to sing along with one of your favourite bands, to their songs. You do it in your car for years, and when you finally get to see a band that you've listened to since you were a teenager; it doesn't get any better. As well, I can't ever recall seeing that many people packed into the Dome for a concert. People behind the stage, in the damn rafters. It felt like game 7. That show definitely will resonate in my head for a long time. Especially "Elderly Woman" and "Rockin In The Free World". Neil Young is royalty in Canada, and to hear Pearl Jam play that song here (with what's going on in the world today), was unreal.
  • On another site, I heard that Pearl Jam played a few songs during their soundcheck (see here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/giventowailrss/6853.html)

I haven't heard about that from anywhere else... does anyone know if it's true? Because I'd hate to hear that I miss those songs, especially Present Tense!

The Calgary show was amazing. The energy was incredible. It was the best out of the 3 I've seen so far on this tour... though I think the St. John's shows are going to be killer. Because Newfies know how to bring the house down!
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • um........AMAZING!

2nd row :D
    my homeplace. rargh!
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • all i have to say is........OCEANS!!!
    nuff said.
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• PappasPappas Posts: 809
    omg i am buying this show right now, great setlist!

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • It's been over a week since the show now and not a day's gone by without listening to the boot. Such a great setlist, from the Oceans opener to Red Mosquito and Hard to Imagine!! It's all great stuff.

And the crowd!! I just can't believe that crowd was in Calgary. Wish I could live it all again.
  • By far, the best crowd at ANY show I've heard yet, even more involved than the U2 show in April. Opening with Oceans? HELL YES.

Thank you Pearl Jam, for putting on the best concert experience of my life *thus far*. Amazing.
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    drsnjrg wrote:
    By far, the best crowd at ANY show I've heard yet

THANK YOU! IT'S THE TRUTH! The energy in CALGARY was waaaaay intense. One of the best crowds I have EVER...I mean EVER been a part of.

This show was so special. *tears&chills* As others have said, the dream became a reality O~C~E~A~N~S!!!! *tears up* THIS HAPPENED?!? WHaaat!?!? I still can't believe it. OMG!!!! :o:D <insert words here> Too much!! This really made my life. Seriously. :o

They floor us with that then BEAT US TO A PULP with the back to back killers....

Last Exit!!!, Corduroy, Whipping!!, Hail Hail!!, Do The Evolution

DAMN!!! :eek:

Even though were were nearly out of breath, on we marched. Everyone feeding off of each other to the extreme. Everywhere I looked, bodies bouncing, HUGE HUGE smiles! The loudest "YEAH" during Alive that I have ever taken part in. Wow!

BLACK/(We belong together) <~~ are you kidding me?!? How amazing/unbelievable/special was this!!! AHH! *faints*

Betterman/(I wanna be your boyfriend). AWWW!! Was THRILLED for this tag too. So special!

TOo many highlights to list with this show! :o

OH - STONE WAS ON FIRE THE WHOLE TIME TOO!! Good god! <~~~~~~

Crowd was looooooud!!!!<~~~ can't stress this enough

Oh man, I could easily go on forever. Even though I already summed up all 4 shows in one thread I HAD to come and give CALGARY some more lovin. This show is so near and dear to my heart. LIFE CHANGING to the max! There aren't possibly enough words to do this show justice. All I can say is all 4 I attened were SOOOO special, but there were extra things going on here in CALGARY. The MAGIC was super exaggerated. So intimate, the crowd unity was unreal. Heaven on earth. Talk about a LOVE BUZZ!!!

(((THANK YOU PEARL JAM )))) for one of the GREATEST SHOWS EVER!!!!

((((THANK YOU TO ALL THE FANS IN ATTENDANCE )))))! God I love you guys!!!!

~blessed to be a witness/fan~

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    THE BEST FUCKING CROWD I HAVE SEEN.......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!

for any show.........

AHH THAT JUST GAVE ME CHILLS!!! :D:D:D

I NEED to get this boot as soon as I get paid!!!

"Lo√e, you know the word

vodka_mike wrote:
    The crowd was insane, the band sounded amazing, they seemed to be into the show too.

Totally man! OMG the band was lovin it UP with us. It really was, like Kaddikat said, a MASSIVE LOVE FEST!!!!!! :D

I can't stop going off about this show!! haha.

{{THANK YOU AGAIN PJ & CALGARY PEEPS!!!}}

::~THE BEST~::

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    THANK YOU! IT'S THE TRUTH! The energy in CALGARY was waaaaay intense. One of the best crowds I have EVER...I mean EVER been a part of.

BLACK/(We belong together) <~~ are you kidding me?!? How amazing/unbelievable/special was this!!! AHH! *faints*

Betterman/(I wanna be your boyfriend). AWWW!! Was THRILLED for this tag too. So special!

(((THANK YOU PEARL JAM )))) for one of the GREATEST SHOWS EVER!!!!

((((THANK YOU TO ALL THE FANS IN ATTENDANCE )))))! God I love you guys!!!!

~blessed to be a witness/fan~

A-freaking-men, my friend.
    drsnjrg wrote:
    A-freaking-men, my friend.

:D:D:D

Awww, see!! How great are the fans that were at this show?!?! Such a huuuge family vibe there. My god. I still cannot get over Calgary and never will. So much beauty!!!!

(*the power of this show forced me to change my sig ;) )

"Lo√e, you know the word

• VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    :D:D:D

Awww, see!! How great are the fans that were at this show?!?! Such a huuuge family vibe there. My god. I still cannot get over Calgary and never will. So much beauty!!!!

(*the power of this show forced me to change my sig ;) )
    The vibe of being with 10C members is something totally different from sitting in the general crowd at the show. This was my first 10C show (since the '03 show was first come first serve and we had to drive 8 hours that same day just to get there, we would have wound up with the worst seats, ever.) and the vibe was incredible, infectious, electric.

I still get goosebumps listening to the boot, even right now.
  • Flippin' exstatic that for once I got to hear the 3/4 count off and not have it wind up being 1/2 Full. Finally it was Red Mosquito...Fans of RM will know what I mean...it's torture to hope for RM during the count off and get 1/2 full instead...
    <~~~ been listening to the boot A LOT lately

Thought it was time for another **I AM LOVE WITH CALGARY** bump! :D

Ooooh my god....after GIVEN TO FLY!??! HOLY SHIT! We are soooo loud! :eek: *chills* Seriously. Wow. This crowd was so amazing. Ahhh I can't get over it. :D What a LOVE FEST!!!!!

Flippin' exstatic that for once I got to hear the 3/4 count off and not have it wind up being 1/2 Full. Finally it was Red Mosquito...Fans of RM will know what I mean...it's torture to hope for RM during the count off and get 1/2 full instead...

HA! Totally. Oooh man I so know what you mean. The beginning of 1/2 Full always has me like "OMG RED MOSQUITO?!!?" I hear ya! Yeah, to have Ed introduce it ahead of time here definitely cleared that up too...but still it was like "OMG RED MOSQUITO?!!?" haha. "Is this really happening?!" :eek: Unreal.

I was just going off (again!) about this show earlier tonight. Even a friend that has pretty much all the boots (hasn't been to any shows) has been telling me he's fallen EXTRA hard for Calgary. There really was some SUPER magic going on here. I can't get it outta my head/heart/soul.

And this version of O~C~E~A~N~S has been in such high rotation. :o!!! Perhaps it's because I still can't believe it happened so the more I listen the more I think it may just sink in. :p haha. NO really, it's also because this is one of THE most gorgeous versions I have ever heard. It's sooooooo chilled out!!! I absolutely love the late start they got on it too...teasing us all to the extreme...the anticipation at an all time high. haha. And that's the way it was all night...about to fuckin POP!!! PARTY TIME!!<~~ really though! HUGE ASS PARTY/LOVE FEST!!!

Said it before and won't ever stop saying it....HAIL HAIL CALGARY! :D

{{{THANK YOU}}}

"Lo√e, you know the word

• rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Just listened to the boot again today. I wept.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
    Yes! Good call with the bumpin action rcs! I just listened to the boot a few days ago myself...I couldn't help but get emotional. Smiles, tears, chills...the best of all worlds. I'll NEVER get over this show. It continues to blow my mind and seriously holds such a special place in my heart. This show was MAGIC taken to a whole new level... exaggerated beyond belief. This feeling is something that will never go away. Everytime someone mentions this show, everytime I hear the boot, everytime I just THINK about this gorgeous night my entire spirit is lifted. There really was something extra special going on here. The LOVE was sooooo intense. The crowd was sooooo loud & drop dead gorgeous. This was by far the prime example of why I love this band & the fans as deeply as I do. Absolutely beeeeeautiful!!!

I can't say it enough...

{{::~HAIL HAIL CALGARY~::}}

One of the greatest PJ love fests to date!!! The lucky ones we were to be a part of such extreme magic. :o:D

THANK YOU ALL!

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Just listened to the boot again...hey that was one hell of a magical show...does not seem to get much love around here...people talk of other concerts (talking NA here) having very loud crowds (and no doubt they don't) but they didn't carry over well to the boot...listen to this boot people...not only did the concert have a unbelievable loud crowd it carried over onto the boot...what about the cheer during the Ed's pause in Betterman...thought the roof was going to fall in...unbelievable show...
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    i really need to experience a pj show in the 10c section.. nonetheless i was behind the damn stage but it was still amazing
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • Yeah, I'm totally with you guys. I've bought every boot since this show, but I still keep coming back to it. Despite say Winnipeg, for instance, maybe having an even better crowd, this show was still better.

It was so fucking awesome too 'cause usually when they go on tour, towards the beginning, they haven't quite unfurled completely. For instance, listen to an Australian show from the 2003 tour, then listen to them towards the end of the US tour, and especially in Mexico! Well, all of that extra intensity and tightness and so on they absolutely brought to Calgary. SO FLAWLESS. I just love Matt's drumming on Last Exit and well, the whole show. The RVM jam was so sweet, and it ALWAYS gets me everytime 'cause I wanted them to go on for longer, and it was if they were gonna as Stone started for a brief moment to make some more wild sounds but Jeff started the last chorus lead-in. Alone is tighter than Philly. Such a sweet and psychadelic Oceans. Oh my god, i want to go back to that night.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Yes! Good call with the bumpin action rcs! I just listened to the boot a few days ago myself...I couldn't help but get emotional. Smiles, tears, chills...the best of all worlds. I'll NEVER get over this show. It continues to blow my mind and seriously holds such a special place in my heart. This show was MAGIC taken to a whole new level... exaggerated beyond belief. This feeling is something that will never go away. Everytime someone mentions this show, everytime I hear the boot, everytime I just THINK about this gorgeous night my entire spirit is lifted. There really was something extra special going on here. The LOVE was sooooo intense. The crowd was sooooo loud & drop dead gorgeous. This was by far the prime example of why I love this band & the fans as deeply as I do. Absolutely beeeeeautiful!!!

I can't say it enough...

{{::~HAIL HAIL CALGARY~::}}

One of the greatest PJ love fests to date!!! The lucky ones we were to be a part of such extreme magic. :o:D

THANK YOU ALL!

Perfectly said!
  • Some of the Ten Club seats for this show I think were assigned a little differently than normal. A bunch of us were just beside and slightly in front of the stage (but another pair in my party was more directly across from Mike). When I first opened my envolope, I was slightly disappointed... no, wrong word... less enthralled, but in the end I'm so glad I got the seat I did as it was the only one show where I wasn't on the floor (which isn't a bad thing, especially when you've got a high-seniority member's seats and are 3rd row centre in Winnipeg).

I still can't believe how supportive the crowd was. I knew there'd be us hardcore-types screaming out our love like mad, but usually Calgary crowds in general are on the more passive and reserved side. I was pretty close to the stage, but still in the stands, for R.E.M., and just about everybody in my section was sitting down.

Let's all chip a hundred bucks for a Calgary DVD! *shrugs*
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • dammit i can't wait to get outta work and listen to it!!! I gotta say again though, I remember sensing, from all around me, this like realization during Last Exit (specifically the first 30 seconds or so)... that this band knows what the fuck they're doing, and how to truly rock. Obviously all of us here knew before-hand. But then there's those casual-types who just didn't really know what to expect. Or, maybe a friend told them that they just HAVE to see Pearl Jam, but could never really comprehend what it could be like 'cause well, they've never been to (for one, a Pearl Jam show!) a band that doesn't blow ass like Nickleback.
    dammit i can't wait to get outta work and listen to it!!! I gotta say again though, I remember sensing, from all around me, this like realization during Last Exit (specifically the first 30 seconds or so)... that this band knows what the fuck they're doing, and how to truly rock. Obviously all of us here knew before-hand. But then there's those casual-types who just didn't really know what to expect. Or, maybe a friend told them that they just HAVE to see Pearl Jam, but could never really comprehend what it could be like 'cause well, they've never been to (for one, a Pearl Jam show!) a band that doesn't blow ass like Nickleback.

My brother was one of those casual types. I had to practically force him to go to the show, but all he could say after was that it was easily the best concert he had ever seen and why hadn't I told him how great they were before (though I had MANY times). Now he's coming over to my place every week just to steal cds and dvds from my PJ collection. All he wants for x-mas are PJ cds so I'm going to make the Green Habit compilation for him. That ought to keep him happy for a bit.

Nice to see all the luv for the Calgary show. It truly was something special.
  • Calgary was a kick ass show, enough said. I remember after it was all over, my buddy and I were heading back to our hotel which wasn't too far away so we opted to walk back instead of waiting for the train. it took us about thirty minutes and the entire way there we barely said a word. every now and then we'd toss out something like "sweet" and keep walking. I don't think we even talked about the show until the next day because we just didn't know what to even say about it. That was by far the best crowd I've seen at any concert and that includes a few shows in Missoula where the crowd is typically awesome.
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • It'd be way too cool if next summer they swung a few miles above the border for a few Canadian dates... like Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal?

YL was super sweet also.
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    yeah im really hoping for that aswell
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!