The Tragically Hip!!!!

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Edmonton gets a second show, and it's a Saturday. I'd be a little pissed if I'd just paid 300+ for a Thursday show :lol:
    Might try again in tomorrow's presale to see if there are any seats too tempting to pass on....but thinking I'm on board with dignin in hoping this lowers demand and there are some cheapies to be had closer to show time. If not, I'm out.
  • PearlJamVSPearlJamVS Eastern Ontario Posts: 62
    scored 4th row for Ottawa Aug. 18.
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,
    I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side.

Ottawa 2011
    London 2013
    Ottawa 2016
    Boston 1 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    ISO 2, or 4 for Hamilton (or Toronto or London)
  • Edmonton gets a second show, and it's a Saturday. I'd be a little pissed if I'd just paid 300+ for a Thursday show :lol:
    Might try again in tomorrow's presale to see if there are any seats too tempting to pass on....but thinking I'm on board with dignin in hoping this lowers demand and there are some cheapies to be had closer to show time. If not, I'm out.

This is my perspective with Vancouver.

I'll try again in the presale'. Then I'll try in the regular sale. If it doesn't happen... well... I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I love the band though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • scored 4th row for Ottawa Aug. 18.

Beauty!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    Wow, $166/seat is pretty steep but I remember passing on the Fully Completely shows last year because of ticket prices in the $140 range so it's not the first time their tix have been this expensive. I plan on going and I'll buy my wife a ticket if she wants to go as well. $330 is small compared to everything Gord and The Hip have given me throughout the years. It could be called cashing in on the situation or it could be called realizing the full value the market is willing to pay (I know, it's the same thing) either way I don't care, I'm going.

And if anyone passes in hopes there will be another tour, prepare to be disappointed. This will be a tour you don't want to miss.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I agree. even if they aren't locking the door on this by saying it's a farewell tour, I'm guessing it is.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    ticketmaster is so dirty,

This time, the link for the tickets turned out to be 'dead' when the clock hit zero... so you had to back out, click on the show again... then prove you arent a "robot" by clicking on a button and all sorts of silly pictures.
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Such a bust. F ticketmaster, F StubHub
    ok. the floodgates opened. all sorts of decent seats popping up now
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    The picture game for captcha is hilarious.
  • kk277412kk277412 Posts: 45

Got Hamilton and third Toronto today! Use phone app I scored 3 different pairs for Toronto
    dignin said:

The picture game for captcha is hilarious.

so stupid.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think the feds need to seriously review this bullshit and legislate it. TM should NOT be allowed to shuffle however many seats they wish to secondary sites that cost 10x's more. All tickets should now be credit card entry ONLY. no transfers under any circumstances. if you need to get rid of your ticket, you pay a small admin fee to put the ticket back into the pool, and if it's sold out, people go on a waiting list, those people get notified, and they pay face value. when that happens, that money minus the admin fee goes to the seller.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179

i'm in the doors to what could be the last hip show ever.
    kingston. 6th row floor. section 1. thank you presale. thank-you TTH

WOW. YOU SCORED BIG TIME. GOOD FOR YOU!!!
    thanks. i scored another single for kingston in the amex presale today so my peeps are all taken care of.
    my guess is 2 sets for this tour with no opening band. and for sure they are gonna dust off some nuggets. sooo many songs im hoping for and hope they mix up the setlists a bit. but having said all that it's ALL GOOD. tons of people coming out of the deep woods for these shows...

I think the feds need to seriously review this bullshit and legislate it. TM should NOT be allowed to shuffle however many seats they wish to secondary sites that cost 10x's more. All tickets should now be credit card entry ONLY. no transfers under any circumstances. if you need to get rid of your ticket, you pay a small admin fee to put the ticket back into the pool, and if it's sold out, people go on a waiting list, those people get notified, and they pay face value. when that happens, that money minus the admin fee goes to the seller.

Its really bad and ticketmaster is certainly in on it. Consumers are getting fucked.

I used to be a ticket-getting ninja. Now since they implemented their "anti-robot measures", I cannot get jack shit.
    It often seems like there are convenient glitches at bad times to throw normal people off track, while re-sellers seem to be able to procure tickets by the thousands. It is pretty obvious that the measures ticketmaster has pretended to put in to 'help us' only hinders. And it is intentional
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    MayDay10 said:

Its really bad and ticketmaster is certainly in on it. Consumers are getting fucked.

I used to be a ticket-getting ninja. Now since they implemented their "anti-robot measures", I cannot get jack shit.
    It often seems like there are convenient glitches at bad times to throw normal people off track, while re-sellers seem to be able to procure tickets by the thousands. It is pretty obvious that the measures ticketmaster has pretended to put in to 'help us' only hinders. And it is intentional
    There have been countless articles on how the "I am not a robot" only fool humans, not robots. For shame. The only way out is to shut down the entire reseller industry, by making marked-up tickets illegal.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Weird_HenryWeird_Henry Posts: 308
    Scored 2nd row seats for the second Calgary show! Very stoked! A bit further than I wanted to drive, but what the hell.
    Note to self: Don't die
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2016
    I wasn't willing to spend what any good seats cost obviously, so i found a $56 one for night 2 ($75 after fees though). I actually had a harder time landing a cheap ticket than i did the best seats. I guess everyone else is poor too, lol. Good news is that I scored row 1 on the balcony dead centre facing the stage. So i guess i got the best shittiest ticket a person can get, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Drew89Drew89 Posts: 7
    Got a pair of floors for August 14 Toronto show. Looking to trade for a Kingston pair with someone if interested send me a pm!
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Given my work schedule, I couldn't risk the public on-sale (especially with the 2 Vancouver shows going on-sale at the same time.) So yesterday, after 7.5 hours of WHARGARBL, I finally got a ticket for the Sunday show from my home computer. (I was ill & unable to work, so I had the chance to start right at 10am.)

Today, I logged into the Live Nation phone app on my lunch break as soon as I could, and it immediately snagged me a pretty bitchin' side-stage ticket. My lunch is at 11am, so I got lucky only an hour and a few minutes into the presale, compared to 7.5 yesterday. Very weird. However, I'm so relieved that I don't have to scramble on Friday to try & get tickets from the LN app to both shows at the same time, an hour after the sale starts, all whilst sitting in a stuffy, hot car on my lunch break.

Very fortunate to be able to attend ... The Hip are just a fucking privilege.

P.S. Day for Night & World Container FTW. :rock_on:
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    world container is such a great cd. not to say that anything else is less better but that one gets an big approval of being one of my all time faves

"Yer Not the Ocean"
    "The Lonely End of the Rink" –
    "In View"
    "Fly"
    "Luv(sic)" –
    "The Kids Don't Get It"
    "Pretend"
    "Last Night I Dreamed You Didn't Love Me"
    "The Drop-Off"
    "Family Band"
    "World Container"
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    To anyone who's claiming they're cashing in on Gord's illness with these ticket prices: they're exactly the same price as the Fully Completely tour last year. Like, to the penny. And to anyone who's claiming it's a farewell tour or that Kingston's the band's final show: it's all speculation. No one knows. The band announced this as a tour in support of Man Machine Poem. Hell, I'm guessing the band doesn't even know what's next.

I defied the bots and got tickets to Calgary 1, Toronto 2, Toronto 3, and (because there really is a Gord) Kingston. For that one I'll be tenth row, alone, and (whether it's the last show or not) blubbering the entire time.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823

I agree. even if they aren't locking the door on this by saying it's a farewell tour, I'm guessing it is.

Having Kingston as the final show, and then not adding another when it was perfectly obvious they could've added about five, seems telling. I think they're planning on making it "the final show," then playing it by ear from that point forward. Like others have said, Gord could live for years beyond this. It's entirely possible they play again.

...but just in case they don't, end with a goddamn bang.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
    CBC is in talks with the band about broadcasting their "final show" in Kingston.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited June 2016
    NWOntario said:

To anyone who's claiming they're cashing in on Gord's illness with these ticket prices: they're exactly the same price as the Fully Completely tour last year. Like, to the penny. And to anyone who's claiming it's a farewell tour or that Kingston's the band's final show: it's all speculation. No one knows. The band announced this as a tour in support of Man Machine Poem. Hell, I'm guessing the band doesn't even know what's next.

I defied the bots and got tickets to Calgary 1, Toronto 2, Toronto 3, and (because there really is a Gord) Kingston. For that one I'll be tenth row, alone, and (whether it's the last show or not) blubbering the entire time.

But they aren't the same man. I went to a show on that tour, I had the best seat in the house (row 4 floor, dead centre on the aisle), and it was WAY less after fees through the presale on ticketmaster. I am not sure where you're getting your info, or why your tickets were so much more than mine for that tour, but what you're saying is not accurate.

I agree about the farewell thing though. It's very presumtuous to call it that if the band didn't.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    PJ_Soul said:

NWOntario said:

But they aren't the same man. I went to a show on that tour, I had the best seat in the house (row 4 floor, dead centre on the aisle), and it was WAY less after fees through the presale on ticketmaster. I am not sure where you're getting your info, or why your tickets were so much more than mine for that tour, but what you're saying is not accurate.

I agree about the farewell thing though. It's very presumtuous to call it that if the band didn't.

Two tickets for Winnipeg at the highest price range in 2015 were $280.50 with fees, this year they were $313.

I recognize some usernames here from the Hipbase on this thread. I have the name Rye on that board.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • kk277412kk277412 Posts: 45
    Live hip til 11 playing all years from touring
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    Good luck everyone for tickets