Record Stores That Sell PJ Vinyl?

HN278253HN278253 Chicago Posts: 10
Hey everyone. Just something that I have been wondering for a while. I am huge fane of cool and awesome record stores. I live in Chicago and we have some really great ones to go and visit. Anytime I am traveling to a new place, I always try to go hit up the best record stores in the area. Obviously, the first artist that I look for is PJ. Almost always, the only vinyl they have are the re-issues or the newest releases of their latest albums. They almost never have any original pressings or older releases of singles. The only place that I had luck finding original pressings was Holy Cow Records in Seattle. I bought the 02 Xmas single and Nirvana-Muddy Banks from there. So here's my question: has anyone had any luck finding rare PJ vinyl in a record store? Please share your story or the place that you know of that sells originals.

Comments

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    It's all by chance. Reissues are coming for No Code and Yield, best to wait for those.
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    If you ever make it to LA check out Amoeba Hollywood. I go there often and they have all the reissues, lots of live boots, and usually a few of the OG's. Pretty competative prices too.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • I found an original yield last year at a metro Detroit shop for forty bucks.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    korn-1 said:

If you ever make it to LA check out Amoeba Hollywood. I go there often and they have all the reissues, lots of live boots, and usually a few of the OG's. Pretty competative prices too.

Great shop.

I also see a lot of good prices here in the Portland area.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    My local shop only carried Ten and Vs.
    I had to buy Vitalogy, Backspacer, Lightning Bolt, Live on Ten Legs, and Into the Wild on Amazon
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Treyert14Treyert14 Louisiana Posts: 924
    I found an original vs lp for $50 at a shop in Alabama. It was called Mobile Records. Great prices too!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748

I found an original yield last year at a metro Detroit shop for forty bucks.

Original legit or boot? I saw one for a similar price, but the "WHITE VINYL" sticker was a dead giveaway. I previously got all excited when I saw a similarly-priced S/T, but the "PEARL JAM" on the spine printed upside down was the giveaway there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Bought a sealed Avacado today at a store in Edmonton, AB.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    scurtis said:

Hope its not blue! Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:

scurtis said:

Hope its not blue! Lol
    Haha.... Me too! I've seen a boot copy before, the sleeves are a darker shade.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    HN278253 said:

Hey everyone. Just something that I have been wondering for a while. I am huge fane of cool and awesome record stores. I live in Chicago and we have some really great ones to go and visit. Anytime I am traveling to a new place, I always try to go hit up the best record stores in the area. Obviously, the first artist that I look for is PJ. Almost always, the only vinyl they have are the re-issues or the newest releases of their latest albums. They almost never have any original pressings or older releases of singles. The only place that I had luck finding original pressings was Holy Cow Records in Seattle. I bought the 02 Xmas single and Nirvana-Muddy Banks from there. So here's my question: has anyone had any luck finding rare PJ vinyl in a record store? Please share your story or the place that you know of that sells originals.

Virgin MegaStore downtown Chicago. I picked up 3 LPs for $12 a piece.......back in 2002!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,586
    I was able to get Live on 2 Legs for $90 at a record store here in Des Moines a few years ago. Probably not a steal but still below market price.
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • realisthisrealisthis Posts: 136
    If you're ever in barcelona spain they have a flea market outside the Gotic cathedral. A couple people sell vinyl and this one guy had the original European pressing of vs and the week before I got there he had live on two legs!
  • jpequjpequ Posts: 142
    scurtis said:

What store was that? I live just 45min north of Edm. I like check out the record stores when I find myself in the area, but the best I've ever found was a reprint of VS. It was only about $35. I almost scooped it, but I only need three more, and I've got original press of all my others, so I decided to let it go.
  • sbowman7sbowman7 Posts: 2
    Was just in Europe and while in Brussels, I found a record store that had Avocado and Versus on vinyl for about $40 Euro each. I passed. Was that a big mistake? I was able to pick up a Ten cd with Dirty Frank on it. That was only $6 Euros so I did not pass on that.
    PJ20 was the Best
    jpequ said:

scurtis said:

What store was that? I live just 45min north of Edm. I like check out the record stores when I find myself in the area, but the best I've ever found was a reprint of VS. It was only about $35. I almost scooped it, but I only need three more, and I've got original press of all my others, so I decided to let it go.
    "Record collectors paradise". I've also gotten cool records at Listen (like the one in my avi picture)