Oldchella

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    korn-1 said:

I actually expected it to be more expensive, yeah the pit tickets are a bit absurd but considering this is a one time thing, with the amount of rock legends playing full sets that will probably never happen again... 399 for lawn really aint that bad. Even after fees youre talkin only $70 an act. Yeah you could probably get cheap seats to see each individually for less, but cutting the travel and logistics of it all down to one place makes up for that.
    I spent a little over a $100 to see the Stones last year and was beyond impressed with their performance, well worth the trip. I may try for GA and hope to weasel my way closer...

Not sure about all of these acts, but you aren't even going to sniff the front door to see McCartney for $70, and I believe the same is true with the Stones.

I honestly think $399 is a good price. My only drawback is that the polo grounds are HUGE and in order to get a spot at the front of the lawn you'd most likely have to show up early and park your ass in a spot all day long. If you want to chill and explore the venue and all that you'll likely end up somewhere wayyyyyy in the back...good thing they have screens.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Another weekend???

This could be a huge bust..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Wma31394 said:

Another weekend???

This could be a huge bust..

We get it. You think it's going to be a bust.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    If I lived near there, I would definitely to try to go Saturday to see Neil and McCartney.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Haha now I'm referring to the 2nd weekend..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914
    Well that was worse than trying to get PJ tix...
    Doubrful but If anyone manages a spare GA or 2, id be interested
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    Still in the fucking queue.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • motarmotar Posts: 141
    Ive been in queue for hours now. Hours!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    longest ticket waiting room ever!.....3 hours and my dude isn't even 1/2 way there!
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited May 2016
    Read somewhere that the GA Tickets for both weekends were gone around noon pacific time.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
    This is what you see while waiting for tickets. Im hoping to get some reserved seats.

"Message last updated: 12:30 PM PT
    UPDATE:

There are a limited amount of reserved seats, travel packages and premium seating still available.

Passes no longer available: 3-DAY VIP GA, 3-DAY GA, 3-DAY GA with shuttle, Single Day GA, Single day GA with Shuttle, and Standing Pit."

• kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Heard the tone that I finally got pulled to buy at 2:02pm PT. Everything was gone.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Usually the one shutout. But friend from Chicago got lucky using a phone. 20 minutes in waiting room - got to order - then checkout hell. Kept at it and finally went through! Geezerfest :rock_on: in for first weekend (cheap seats).

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• vitovito Chicago Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2016
    Bust, really who said this??? 6 of the biggest names in the history of music together for the first time, playing full sets not 3 songs like at Live Aid, etc...they could do this every weekend for 6 months and there wouldn't be a single ticket to be had!
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1992
    SUMMERFEST MILWAUKEE 1995
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 1998
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO1998
    THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA KNOXVILLE 1998
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2000
    ALLSTATE ARENA ROSEMONT 2000
    ALPINE VALLEY MUSIC THEATRE 2003
    HERSHEYPARK STADIUM 2003
    TOLEDO SPORTS ARENA 2004
    AIR CANADA CENTRE TORONTO 2005
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2006
    VERIZON CENTER DC 2008
    UNITED CENTER CHICAGO 2009
    NATIONWIDE ARENA COLUMBUS 2010
    PJ20 NIGHT 1 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    PJ20 NIGHT 2 Alpine Valley Music Theatre 2011
    1ST MARINER ARENA BALTIMORE 2013
    IWIRELESS CENTER MOLINE 2014
    XCEL ENERGY CENTER ST. PAUL 2014
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2016 
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2016
    CHICAGO 1 Wrigley Field 2018
    CHICAGO 2 Wrigley Field 2018
    BOSTON 2 Fenway Park 2018
    ENTERPRISE CENTER SAINT LOUIS 2022
    Eddie Vedder Auditorium Theatre CHICAGO 2008

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I just read about this today, in my local newspaper.

Too much money for travel/lodging, for me to go. If this was on the Right Coast i would consider going.
  • TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    Roger Waters/The Who would be my choice.... No way it`s going to be a bust.... Rolling Stones alone could sell out that Friday, yet add Bob Dylan.... Paul an easy sell out...Add Neil who is playing fire shows right now.
    No luck scoring tickets.....I figure the wife & I will save $4,000 by not going!
    There was an article in the L.A. Times in which the promoter said the capacity per day is 75,000, and that over 400,000 people were trying for tickets during the on-sale.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Would love to see this but too expensive. Only band I have not seen on this list is the stones. Would love to see them but couldn't do the 300 dollar ticket for cowboy stadium last year.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    I think I saw that it sold out in 3 hours? Selling out that fast and at those prices, I cower and tremble in fear for what next year's festival season will look like and cost... this just tells Golden Voice and LiveNation that they can charge anything, people will buy all the tix.

And increasingly only 2 companies "own" (promote) almost ALL of the US festivals. So the ability to find a venue to do a little indie festival and draw bands is getting choked out of existence.
    Got shutout of the on-sale so going to try for the ultimate Desert Trip experience...

I just entered to win a VIP experience for the historic @DesertTripIndio weekend and you can too! #DesertTrip http://ulink.tv/13964-1l1wau_twt
    kasedoug said:

Got shutout of the on-sale so going to try for the ultimate Desert Trip experience...

I just entered to win a VIP experience for the historic @DesertTripIndio weekend and you can too! #DesertTrip http://ulink.tv/13964-1l1wau_twt

When I saw that you posted in this thread, I immediately assumed you had already won tickets!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    So both weekends are sold out and I still heard a radio ad for tickets this morning. :weary:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kasedoug said:

When I saw that you posted in this thread, I immediately assumed you had already won tickets!
    I wish! Trying my best. :)
    Just got my tickets for the 1st weekend.
    Secondary market prices(for GA at least) starting to drop... hopefully i can snag one for face as it gets closer
    JOEJOEJOE said:

kasedoug said:

Last day to enter iHeartRadio's experience contest for Desert Trip if anybody's interested.

http://ulink.tv/13964-1lo0pc_link
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    No offense to Neil or the Who but shouldnt Brian Wilson or a reunited Beach Boys be one of the six headliners?

Even the Beatles worshiped Wilson.
  • dcjbl96789dcjbl96789 San Diego Posts: 18
    got 6 GA's for weekend one. Msg me if interested.
    edited September 2016
    Prices dropping on stubhub, almost down to face. Hopefully below face soon!
    Post edited by korn-1 on