Enormous: The Gorge Story w/ Mike McCready

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
edited February 2020 in The Porch
@ Mike McCready

https://www.facebook.com/mikemccreadypj/posts/898599963549940

"I had given up on music, and that Stevie Ray Vaughan concert at The Gorge put me back on the path of music. The next day I was like, I have to pick up the guitar again. I have to do it…”

See my interview in the forthcoming Gorge documentary, Enormous: The Gorge Story

This official TEASER for "Enormous: The Gorge Story" shows production highlights from 2014 following our initial exploration of the project. We will continue production of the film this year given the tremendous support of our fans and supporters - this is a story that cannot remain untold. SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!

Enormous is never before told story of one of the world's most beautiful and iconic music venues, The Gorge Amphitheatre. For Inquiries: enormousmovie@jack.tv.

Music: "Roll The Bones" by Shakey Graves
youtube.com/watch?v=sD72L... (Recorded Live at Audiotree)

Facebook: https://facebook.com/enormousmovie
Twitter: https://twitter.com/enormousmovie

Featuring (in order of appearance):
Dave Matthews, Ken Kinnear, Martin Hanson, Shakey Graves, John Oates, Hozier, CASPER, Zach Carothers, Jeff Trisler, Vince & Carol Bryan

Credits:
Jeff Hammerton - Cinematographer
Lauren Winton - Editor
Lily Cameron - Assistant Editor
Hunter Hempen - Motion Graphics
Nic Davis - Director & Editor
Tim Williams - Producer
Sam Bates - Campaign Manager

Produced by:
Jack Reynolds - http://jack.tv
Universal Vision - http://universalvisioninc.com
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    D, thanks for posting. Looking forward to watching (AND...hopefully seeing PJ play there one day!)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,332
    jjflash said:

D, thanks for posting. Looking forward to watching (AND...hopefully seeing PJ play there one day!)

Me too. Would be great to see them at the Gorge someday. If they did a destination weekend for 2 or 3 nights @ the Gorge, would totally be down.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:

jjflash said:

Me too. Would be great to see them at the Gorge someday. If they did a destination weekend for 2 or 3 nights @ the Gorge, would totally be down.
    +1 Amen, brotha!
    @ Enormous: The Gorge Story

MOVIE UPDATE. Have you guys been wanting an update? I know you have. Here's the deal. WE ARE OFFICIALLY IN POST-PRODUCTION! That means we have hired a Chief Editor who is in the process of building the story with us and taking countless hours of footage and creating a movie with it! This will happen over the next 3-4 months. We are on track to complete the film before major festival submissions are due this Fall! That said, we haven't made official distribution plans as of right now. Our number one focus is making a great film, so that's what we're doing first. We will announce distribution plans when we have them, but as of right now it looks like private screening(s) in the Fall!

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i cant wait to see this
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I want to see this.
    Still waiting to see PJ there...
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

edited September 2016

"I had given up on music. That Stevie Ray Vaughan concert here at The Gorge put me back on the path to music." - Mike McCready of Pearl Jam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Veu8H9Uu0
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Love the Gorge. Lots of good memories. Lolla '96, '97, The Who '00, Black Crowes/Tom Petty '05, Pearl Jam '05, Pearl Jam '06x2, Soundgarden '11, Tom Petty '15...

awesome venue. I'm lucky it's sort of in ferry and driving distance.

GORGE FRIENDS AND FAMILY, WE NEED YOUR HELP! We're looking for videos, photos, news articles, ticket stubs, etc. from:

Bob Dylan - 8/20/1988
    Steve Ray Vaughn -7/21/1990

Home video/photos are great, and any leads are appreciated!!

BIG UPDATE. SHARE THE NEWS :D
    We expect to have the movie finished shortly and submitted to the following film festivals: TRIBECA, SXSW, SIFF, and LAFF. The release date will be determined by which distribution deal we align with best, so we'll keep you posted. You all have kept us motivated, excited, and helped us through many challenges along the way. We couldn't be more thankful for your support.

⚠️NEWS! The film is set to premiere on Friday Feb 1, 2019 7PM at Santa Barbara International Film Festival. COME SEE IT! Tix are $10 at the box office.

Additional screenings will be announced soon. We can't thank you enough for being amazing fans and for all the support and love you've given us. 👇Tag people to help us spread the word!

http://schedule.sbiff.org/schedule/2041626887

Enormous: The Gorge Story

Lobero Theatre presented by Mirai
    Despite overwhelming odds, a small family winery with a makeshift plywood stage eventually became The Gorge, a Pollstar, Billboard, and Academy of Country Music-winning music venue that has brought over 7 million fans and the world’s biggest musicians to a patch of rural Washington farmland. From its catastrophic geologic birth, to its categorization as one of the world’s premier music destinations, the story of The Gorge Amphitheatre is packed with unlikely characters, historic events, and incredible music. Among others, the film chronicles the stories from the Dave Matthews Band, Jason Mraz, and Sasquatch! Music Festival, all of which have legendary pasts with the venue.

Directed by Nic Davis
    Produced by Tim Williams
    Starring Dave Matthews, Pat Monahan, Jason Mraz, Steve Miller, Pearl Jam
    Country - USA
    60 mins.

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Saw DMB there in 2010, great time and cool location. Was cool to be with 20000 fans in the middle of nowhere just hanging out.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    I love the Gorge.  Saw a few lolla's there, a few tom petty shows, 3 pearl jam shows, soundgarden, the who.  Good times.  Well worth the extra 3 hours of driving from Seattle.   Merciless on a hot summer day ;)
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Went to see the Sasquatch festival out there in the early Aughts.  Incredible.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I had no clue that the Gorge is literally in the middle of nowhere.  I have to see a show there!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mcgruff10 said:
    I had no clue that the Gorge is literally in the middle of nowhere.  I have to see a show there!
    I saw Tool there in 2017. Flew across the country and did a 10 hour drive with a buddy to get there and well worth it. You are at the mercy of the weather but if you do not mind the heat or care about rain it is an amazing experience. 

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    Literally in the middle of knowhere... it's a shame PJ doesn't like to play cool venues

🎬 Hey Spokane! See you TOMORROW NIGHT at Magic Lantern of Spokane - 7:30PM. Online tickets are SOLD OUT but you can try the box office on site. Get there early!!

https://www.facebook.com/932629380114652/posts/2295100267200883/

⚠️SCREENING TICKETS! See the film this Friday, Feb 22 at 6:15PM - The Wilma in Missoula, MT! GET TICKETS NOW *they have sold out at previous events*, $9:

Big Sky Documentary Film Festival: Nic Davis & Tim Williams - Enormous: The Gorge Story

Filmmakers Nic Davis and Tim Williams join Alanya on Friday afternoon of the Big Sky Documentary Film Festival to discuss the premier of their film Enormous: The Gorge Story. It's the never before told story of one of the world's most beautiful and iconic music venues. A stellar soundtrack compliments this exquisite film, starring Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Lake Street Dive & more!

🆘 YOUR HELP NEEDED! So many of you have asked to see Enormous in Seattle at SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival). We are doing our best to make that possible, but have yet to be confirmed for the festival.

If you want to see the film there, we need your help! Make a call, send an email, post to their social media. Make some noise!

We can’t imagine a better place to screen the film.

COMMENT ON THIS POST WHEN DONE!

https://www.siff.net/about-siff/contact-us

Enormous: The Gorge Story

USA | 2019 | 64 minutes | Nic Davis

Dave Matthews and Hozier are among the talking heads in this doc about the history—both musical and geological—of Washington's best-known outdoor concert venue.

Showtimes

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Despite being 140 miles from Seattle, The Gorge became "a pilgrimage for the artist and the audience," according to Jason Mraz, who first played at the amphitheater with his band in the parking lot during one of Dave Matthews' epic three-day shows. And if you've ever been to The Gorge, you know exactly what he means. There's something undeniably exhilarating about witnessing your favorite band perform with the Columbia Gorge as the backdrop. But did you know this renowned venue started on the backs of two locals, Vince and Carol Bryan, who only wanted to share their wine (which, in their own words, wasn't very good at first) while listening to live music? The "Champs de Brionne Summer Music Theater" gained notoriety when the Bryans got their first big act in August 1988: Bob Dylan. Weaving together stories from famous artists (like Steve Miller and Train's Pat Monahan) and from the people who love their music, this documentary reveals how The Gorge, geologically and musically, became The Gorge while personalizing the experience with insight from the people who live in the surrounding community and work the events year after year. If you've never been to a show at The Gorge, you'll want to find one, and if you have, you'll be reminded why it might've been the best show of your life.

Director Biography
    Raised in the mountains of Bozeman, Montana, and a graduate of the University of Montana with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, Nic Davis is an Emmy award-winning documentary filmmaker and the founder of 4:08 Productions. Now based in Los Angeles, he has collaborated with major brands and recording artists, and Enormous: The Gorge Story (2019) is his first feature film.

Sponsored by 4Culture, City of Shoreline, Encore Media Group, National Endowment for the Arts, Seattle Office of Arts & Culture, Shoreline Community College, Washington State Arts Commission, WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.

• Director: Nic Davis
    • Principal Cast: Dave Matthews, Mike McCready, Jason Mraz, Dierks Bentley, John Oates, Steve Miller
    • Year: 2019
    • Running Time: 64 minutes
    • Producer: Tim Williams
    • Screenplay: Nic Davis, Brian De Herrera-Schnering
    • Cinematographers: Jeff Hammerton
    • Editors: Brian de Herrera-Schnering
    • Music: Various Artists
    • Awards: LA Indie Film Festival 2018 (Best Documentary); Spokane International Film Festival 2018 (Best Documentary, Audience Award)
    • Filmography: Debut Feature Film
    • Language: English
    • Format: DCP
    • US Distributor: TBD
    • International Sales: TBD

What is your best memory at the Gorge?

https://www.facebook.com/932629380114652/posts/2424678944243014/

Join us in Seattle for SIFF!

Show times are May 25 at 2:30 @ Siff Cinema Uptown.
    May 28 at 6:30 @ Lincoln Square. 

Thanks for the support, we're honored to be attending!