Toronto Roll Call

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    ...about The Who concert: I'm a bit surprised they postponed it. Although it would have meant three full days off between games (i.e., no games Sun, Mon, Tues) they aren't playing Game #6 until Friday. Heck, I can't help but wonder if Game 5 could have been played on Monday (the 25th)????
  • The entire Raptors team will vanish without a trace if they fuck with my May 10th birthday show.

hahahahahahhahhahahha ^^^^ this is awesome!
    edited April 2016

The entire Raptors team will vanish without a trace if they fuck with my May 10th birthday show.

There's also a really good chance the Raps will lose games 6 and 7. I think they got lucky last night - and yes, the previous post is hilarious.
  • Holly9075Holly9075 Newfoundland, Canada Posts: 195
    Lmao i agree!!

The entire Raptors team will vanish without a trace if they fuck with my May 10th birthday show.

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

• ParksyParksy Posts: 1,675
    100 Pacer said:

Don't stub hub. Production release tickets will drop.

trust me didn't want to ... but I've been checking everything like 10 times a day. (work production suffering but... fuck it.) I got pretty decent seats for like $30 above face so not bad all things considered. REALLY wanted to be there for the 11th. I'm going to wait and basically do what you've suggested for the show on the 10th.

cheers
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,331
    Raptors tonight! Yeah we want them to keep winning. It would be great to see them go all the way to the Finals. But we don't want them interfere with Pearl Jam's ACC schedule.
  • BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    I'm getting soo excited for this show, wish I was going to both, but alas. My luck night #2 will be extra crazy special haha
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • joesan77joesan77 Posts: 24
    I've been following this thread as I'm worried too... based on this schedule

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-playoffs-tv-schedule-espn-abc-tnt-nbatv-finals-ecf-wcf-semis-first-round/

it looks as though game 6 of the potential Raptors series would be on Friday May 13, which working backwards would mean that game 5 would be on the 10th or 11th... They usually leave at least 1 day between games and the game 3's are set for the 7th, which means game 4's on the 9th and game 5 on the 11th... I don't want the show to get bumped, but if I was a betting man, if Toronto makes the 2nd round I'd say there's a pretty good shot.
  • KJ79633KJ79633 Posts: 13
    edited April 2016
    joesan77 said:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-playoffs-tv-schedule-espn-abc-tnt-nbatv-finals-ecf-wcf-semis-first-round/

it looks as though game 6 of the potential Raptors series would be on Friday May 13, which working backwards would mean that game 5 would be on the 10th or 11th... They usually leave at least 1 day between games and the game 3's are set for the 7th, which means game 4's on the 9th and game 5 on the 11th... I don't want the show to get bumped, but if I was a betting man, if Toronto makes the 2nd round I'd say there's a pretty good shot.

That link you posted has the full schedule; Raps aren't playing on the 10th and no games are scheduled for the 11th.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    If anyone has an extra GA for either Toronto night and wants to trade for a GA for MSG night 2 let me know... tthinking of making a last second trip to Toronto after all... :)
    That link you posted has the full schedule; Raps aren't playing on the 10th and no games are scheduled for the 11th.
    The full schedule isn't actually posted... there are no dates for games 4 and 5, the only sure thing is that game 2's are on the 5th, game 3's are on the 7th, and game 6's are on the 13th... they are going to have to play games 3 and 4 sometime in between the 7th and the 13th.
    KJ79633 said:

joesan77 said:

The full schedule isn't actually posted... there are no dates for games 4 and 5, the only sure thing is that game 2's are on the 5th, game 3's are on the 7th, and game 6's are on the 13th... they are going to have to play games 3 and 4 sometime in between the 7th and the 13th. My guess is the other two series game 5's, Golden State vs winner of Clips/Blazers, and Winners of Raps/Pacers vs Heat/Hornets, will be scheduled for the 11th.

I apologize for the double post... I'm new at this and didn't realize how the "quote" button worked.
  • KJ79633KJ79633 Posts: 13
    joesan77 said:

The full schedule isn't actually posted... there are no dates for games 4 and 5, the only sure thing is that game 2's are on the 5th, game 3's are on the 7th, and game 6's are on the 13th... they are going to have to play games 3 and 4 sometime in between the 7th and the 13th.

You're right, sorry bout that, it's only posted for the series that are already decided. I guess it's hard to say until the teams are decided and who has home court advantage for the series.
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    I know nothing about basketball but Tweeted the NBA and they actually replied:

"If MIA-CHI goes 7 and the Raptors win their series the PJ 5/11 will be moved"
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 831

I wonder if they would move to the 12th or to 9th. Can't see them doing 3 shows in a row.

Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
    edited April 2016
    Really? I guess they meant "CHA" since Chicago isn't even in the playoffs.

Both series (Tor/Indy and Mia/Chi) are playing game #6 of their respective series tonight. If either or both of them go to game 7 they play on Sunday. If this is the case, they wouldn't be able to start round 2 until Tuesday at the earliest...

Assuming Toronto makes it through the schedule would likely be:
    Tuesday, May 3 - Game 1 (in Tor)
    Thursday, May 5 - Game 2 (in Tor)
    Saturday, May 7 - Game 3 (away)
    Monday, May 9 - Game 4 (away)

...now it looks like Game 5 would be set for the 11th in Toronto but they usually give an extra day off at some point during a series...and why not make it so that they wouldn't have to "bump" a show - especially a second night one?

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,331

Did they delete the tweet? I can't find it over @ https://twitter.com/NBA
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,449
    People...let's not get ahead of ourselves. They still have to win this round.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    Would the person in charge of their social media even have that kind of information?
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 278
    100 Pacer said:

Hoping for an epic Leaf like collapse here myself
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

100 Pacer said:

Hoping for an epic Leaf like collapse here myself
    This is Toronto sports, after all. Even if they win this series, everyone will celebrate as if they won the final, then get beat in the next round (see last year's Jays, lol).

At least I'm just riding the subway for the shows, feel badly for those coming from out of town if the worst-case scenario (for us Pearl Jam fans) does come to pass.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    edited April 2016
    Toronto series with Indy and Miami series with Charlotte are both going to a game 7 on Sunday. Despite what was tweeted earlier, I really think the 10th and 11th are safe. Assuming Toronto makes it through (and that's a pretty big assumption after this evening's loss), I think a game 5 would be played on the 12th.

(I don't even know why I care if they change the dates - I'm pretty close by and would be unaffected by the change in dates. However, reading all of some of your travel stories - and my own "mental readiness" for these two shows since I got tickets for them - makes me want everything to go as originally planned.)
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    I feel bad for saying this but once again FORZA INDIANA lol
  • Let's go pacers
  • rummy said:

Toronto series with Indy and Miami series with Charlotte are both going to a game 7 on Sunday. Despite what was tweeted earlier, I really think the 10th and 11th are safe. Assuming Toronto makes it through (and that's a pretty big assumption after this evening's loss), I think a game 5 would be played on the 12th.

(I don't even know why I care if they change the dates - I'm pretty close by and would be unaffected by the change in dates. However, reading all of some of your travel stories - and my own "mental readiness" for these two shows since I got tickets for them - makes me want everything to go as originally planned.)

Really hope so!!!!
    edited April 2016
    I consider myself to be a pretty big baseball fan - and being from the GTA a pretty big Jays fan. However, when rumours last October began about a spring PJ tour, I told a friend of mine that if given the choice between the Jays winning the World Series or getting a PJ show (or two), I'd take the concert(s) in a heartbeat...and look what happened!

I mention the above to stress the fact that no sports team (not even one playing at different time of year in a different venue) can take the place of this band. In my own deranged mind, I sacrificed the Jays for these two shows to come about so there's no way I'm going to cheer for a basketball team if it will mess with our two shows.

Go Pacers! (Maybe they can play MFC at the ACC if they win - just to rub it in a little).
    Post edited by rummy on
    Whenever these shows are performed, this is brutal following all of the great sets from the shows south of the border - and they haven't been to MSG yet!
  • Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    rummy said:

Whenever these shows are performed, this is brutal following all of the great sets from the shows south of the border - and they haven't been to MSG yet!

I think for the most part every show has been better than the last. Which is great news for us going to toronto
  • game 7 is? tomorrow?
    how many days after that game the next round should start?