Options

2008 Pearl Jam tour rumours

13»

Comments

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,646

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Rage against the convention?

She was invited to sing the national anthem at the 2004 Republican convention, but Martina McBride says she hasn't heard anything about performing at this year's event in St. Paul. "I'd take it as it comes," she told us. "I'm not really a political person." I.W. has learned, however, that the highly political Rage Against the Machine, Pearl Jam and Green Day are considering separate concerts at Target Center while the Republicans occupy Xcel Energy Center across the river. In the interest of equal time, those bands also are contemplating rocking Denver during the Democratic National Convention.

mmm..when is that convention? RATM and PJ on the same bill would be hard to miss!!! :D
  • Options
    hewyhewy Posts: 140
    http://www.demconvention.com/faq.html

I don't know anything about this... would a person need to be a delegate to see a concert? Or would it be part of the convention?
  • Options
    pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    at first the rumor was that led zeppelin was gonna headline and as much as i wanna believe it i don't think it's happening. However i have heard a couple people say that neil young and pearl jam are going to be at bonnaroo this year
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • Options
    CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    I hope those people are correct about Bonneroo since I only live about 4 hours from there. I have never been but would definitely be there to see PJ.
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Options
    belfast1 wrote:
    the west of france s'il vous plait

ou l'est de l'Irlande du Nord, please !
    :)

Vive les irlandais du nord, top people.
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    I really hope PJ plays Buffalo, NY. They never play here! I've been a fan for over seven years and I've only seen them once!!!!

But I just got a new car. So I will be making it to quite a few dates this time around.

Shea's would be nice :D
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    By the way, the Bonnaroo lineup is supposedly going to be announced Next Wednesday (Feb. 6th). That's what all the sources on the inforoo board are saying. So be ready to get tickets if/when it's announced(or soon thereafter). I for one believe Jeff Ament and I think they'll be there.
    Bonnaroo '08
  • Options
    I really hope PJ plays Buffalo, NY. They never play here! I've been a fan for over seven years and I've only seen them once!!!!

But I just got a new car. So I will be making it to quite a few dates this time around.

doubtful theyd play here since most everyone would just travel up to toronto as i've done. cleveland isnt too bad of a drive either, but buffalo would be awesome. cheers
  • Options
    I think Boonaroo will be the only show this year.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I think Boonaroo will be the only show this year.

Disagree.

I do, however, think it will be the only summer show this year.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Yes!!!! Heck at least they will play once this year...Save your money boys and girls, if they are the headliners will they play the last show on Sunday night? If so, PACE YOURSELVES!
  • Options
    I'm also hoping for Halifax, since it sold out last time before I got tickets! Come on, gentlemen, we love you here on the east coast!
    I'm trading stories with the leaves instead...
  • Options
    There is NO WAY Roo will be their only show. I really do believe that guy on the porch talking about the NY show.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    How bout a local warm up show before Bonarooooooo????????
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    I think you will get 16-20 in 12 different cities. They are going to hit the road just because they want to and rock some key cities. I think that thing Ed was talking about at the end of the 03 tour (on the strength of a night like this we might just come out and hit a few cities that we really love even without a new album to support) is about to happen in 2008.

Just a hunch, but...
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • Options
    I also have to disagree that Bonnaroo will be their only show this year, let alone this Summer. This is an election year so I'm sure they'll be playing some sort of "Vote for Change" type of concert this year. Hopefully, several of them!
    Rock on!
    ~Edward

===========================
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    good thing I live about halfway between philly and boston

:D
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    There is NO WAY Roo will be their only show. I really do believe that guy on the porch talking about the NY show.

lol that guy? i have a name u know ;)

and yes believe
  • Options
    Last year they stated that Polooza would be there only show but they didn't say that this time so I think there will be shows in other cities.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    ChrysophylaxChrysophylax Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 101
    They can't miss out on MSG - especially not in mid july:-)
    '00: London, Roskilde
    '06: San Francisco I-II-III, The Gorge I-II
    '06: Bern, Bologna, Verona, Milan, Turin, Pistoia
    '07: Copenhagen
    '09: Berlin
    '10: Berlin
    '12: Amsterdam I-II
    '14: Milan, Berlin
    '16: EV at Heartland Festival
    '18: Krakow, Berlin 
    '22: Berlin, Zürich, Copenhagen, Amsterdam I-II
  • Options
    CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    Exactly...
    If they play NYC in july, let´s say, a two or maybe three night stand at the MSG, I´ll go for sure! It would be totally worth the trip. And then I get to see one of my favourite cities again (:

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• Options
    There are rumors that PJ could play at Heineken Jammin' Festival in Venice/Italy on June 08.

This concert is the one was cancelled past year beacause of the storm.

Do you have any news about the possibility they could play there?

http://www.venezia.net/musicfestival/comments.php?y=08&m=02&entry=entry080213-153536

Thanks.
  • Options
    oliver76 wrote:
    There are rumors that PJ could play at Heineken Jammin' Festival in Venice/Italy on June 08.

This concert is the one was cancelled past year beacause of the storm.

Do you have any news about the possibility they could play there?

http://www.venezia.net/musicfestival/comments.php?y=08&m=02&entry=entry080213-153536

Thanks.
    I bloody hope not!
    if they're coming to play something in Europe, better not be there! :mad:

mmm, that site is also talking about Led Zep there, showing they're full of shit really.. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    MineMine Posts: 556
    Pegasus wrote:
    I bloody hope not!
    if they're coming to play something in Europe, better not be there! :mad:

mmm, that site is also talking about Led Zep there, showing they're full of shit really.. :rolleyes:
    That's the official blog actually. They say that they are in talks with both for day 3. I'd rather they would play somewhere else in Europe too honestly.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • Options
    Mine wrote:
    That's the official blog actually. They say that they are in talks with both for day 3. I'd rather they would play somewhere else in Europe too honestly.
    it's still rumours...looks more like a venice blog than the festival one.

If I was PJ I wouldn't go within a 1000 mile from Heineken festival again!
    I managed to get my money back but they pulled a fast one on that one, short window you had to get the tickets back to get a refund, and they then shortened it suddenly! was lucky to have sent them before going home for a couple of weeks, had I waited to come back I'd have been fucked :mad:

but seriously, I don't see PJ heading back for Europe again this year, especially not straight from US shows (Heineken is the weekend after Bonnaroo it seems)

..and if they did, it'd make sense they did a UK festival too and only T in The Park is a possible one left for them at this stage I think.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't see them coming back to Europe any time soon. Especially not after what Eddie said a few times in '07, that he really had a good time but doesn't know when they'll be back.

Also I think if they were to play a festival over here they'd have already announced it.

Let's just hope it's not six years again as it was after 2000.
    www.myspace.com/andreasjunge
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    bump to keep hope alive :)
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,961
    in the portugal show in 07 eddie see u next year :)

he also said that in the 06 shows and he kept his word

here´s to a little bit of hope :P