*** Greenville, SC Fanviews Here 4/16/16 ***

Comments

• badu2fanbadu2fan Posts: 87
    Record day brings vs to life!!! Great energy and enthusiasm from band.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    The Yield and No Code shows were amazing to be at, I am glad another region got such a cool experience! The best part is when you realize, it IS happening, they are playing the whole damn album in order!

Here is to BINAURAL at Wrigley 1, Avocado at Wrigley 2
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    I can honestly say that out of the 11 shows I've attended (and that includes PJ20) this show ranks as my number 1. The crowd energy was solid, the boys were in super good moods and vibing on that energy, and they were flat-out on. It was an amazing evening all around.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    hrd2imgn said:

The Yield and No Code shows were amazing to be at, I am glad another region got such a cool experience! The best part is when you realize, it IS happening, they are playing the whole damn album in order!

Here is to BINAURAL at Wrigley 1, Avocado at Wrigley 2

agreed. I've hit 2 of the 3. Would have loved to have been at the show last night but oh well. Good for everyone that got to enjoy that live. From the little bit I heard on Periscope, it sounded incredible.

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • I live in Greenville and I was so happy they came back to play! This was my 26th show and the best one yet. The bands's energy was amazing and I am so glad the Greenville crowd showed up and rocked out. It was non stop and mind blowing. My Ten Club seats were right behind GA on the floor. I had an isle seat and made plenty of use of it because I was in a zone that PJ put me in. Looking forward to Raleigh and Columbia this week. This show will forever be special to me! Thanks PJ for being the best band that has ever been!
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,203
    Wow! And the tour isn't close to being done yet. The guys keep one uping the previous show. Wish i was there last night. Killer setlist through and through. Hail,hail to the lucky one's who were there!
  • Amazing! It looked like the guys were really having a great time as we all were. The whole place was rocking! Comfortably Numb was great! Thank you, Pearl Jam for a memorable experience. Come on back now, ya hear?
  • adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,474
    I'm just hoping Raleigh is anywhere close to as good as this show was. I'm still in awe of what I witnessed last night.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    edited April 2016
    Disclaimer: Turd in the Punchbowl alert. Buzzkill Central. Pleading guilty now. My girlfriend and I flew from San Francisco for the Greenville and Hampton shows, and while we had a pretty good time last night, I can't say we were blown away. First and foremost, we were surrounded by some pretty challenging fans -- equal parts obnoxious, indifferent and clueless. Drunk bros talking to each other the entire time, dipping and knocking over their spit cups, asking people for weed, etc. Dude next to me was a stone cold monolith. Tried to engage him in conversation, and he was as matter of fact as a fucking tax return. He didn't move, cheer, clap or even say one word to his lady friend who probably struggled to see the stage over his hulking frame. Dude behind me brushed the back of my head every time he clapped and never noticed. Lady next to my girl couldn't manage to stay in front of her seat and kept bumping into her while basically having no reaction to the show until "Better Man." Btw, this was in the Ten Club section -- not even halfway back and about 14 rows up -- really good seats. Anyway, it was my 10th show and the first one that was affected so significantly by other fans. I usually find PJ fans to be friendly and passionate, but I don't know what was up with these folks. It made enjoying the show pretty tough. Hearing "Vs." in order was cool, but more like a novelty for me, personally. Once "Daughter" kicked in, I realized what they were doing. Again, cool, but I think they play most of the Vs. songs pretty frequently, and knowing what they were going to play next took the surprise element out of the show, which is one of the best parts of attending PJ shows for me. Plus, the sound was pretty underwhelming for a good portion of the show. I'm really particular about this kind of thing, so I should probably just STFU, but I do think the mix was a bit muddy for awhile; hard to hear some of the individual parts.

(I know. Shut up already.)

And now for the positive: Highlights of the "Vs" set: 'RVM" was insane, and hearing "W.M.A." in its entirety rather than as a tag on "Daughter" was awesome. Ed really brought it on "Blood" -- I'm shocked he can still push his voice that hard. "Present Tense" was absolutely fantastic. Definitely the highlight for me. "Swallowed Whole" was a treat. Excellent version of "Comfortably Numb" -- surprised how much I enjoyed that. I'd rank "Future Days" as one of my least favorite PJ songs, but last night's version was really nice. Something about the arrangement and the way Ed changed the vocal melody significantly improved on the original. "Nothingman" and "Spin the Black Circle" were great as well. Overall, (aside from my immediate neighbors, obviously) the crowd was really, really good. Great energy. Totally fired up. I really enjoyed watching the pit and seeing the reactions of some of the folks up front on the big screen. A young lady holding up a sign about the mass shootings at Virginia Tech was absolutely losing it during "Present Tense."

Trying not to have expectations for Hampton regarding the setlists and the fans, but I hope it's just a damn good show with some damn good people. Thanks for enduring this post. Purged.
    Post edited by tyweed on
    tyweed
  • TPATURKTPATURK Posts: 47
    Good morning to all - I watched the whole show via Periscope - that picture was so good decided to open a bottle of red - cast my Droid and enjoy. My very good friend was there, he has about 6-9 shows under his belt - I told him he had no idea what he just witnessed. Anyhow I have been to 29 shows, Vic as well - from the Periscope view I had, to Eddy pouring wine cups down the the rail I would say it seemed to be top 3 I have seen or viewed.
    Atlanta, Georgia (August 20, 1992)
    New York, New York (September 10, 1998)
    New York, New York (September 11, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (September 22, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (September 23, 1998)
    West Palm Beach, Florida (August 09, 2000)
    Tampa, Florida (August 12, 2000)
    Tampa, Florida (April 13, 2003)
    Seattle, Washington (October 22, 2003)
    Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 24, 2009)
    Kansas City, Missouri (May 03, 2010)
    St Louis, Missouri (May 04, 2010)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011)
    Philadelphia, PA (October 21, 2013)
    Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    Tampa (April 11, 2016)
    Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016)
    Chicago The Vic (8-2-2007)
    Tampa/St.Pete (3-29-1994)

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    I had a great time. It was the best show I've ever seen.
    We were in GA about 10 deep between stone and Ed. It was so much fun. Everyone we met were so so kind and fun.
    The guy next to me said....they are doing vs...I just thought. "Oh Shit they are!"
    See you in Columbia.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    That was by far the best concert and best night of my life.

Vs. is my favorite album and once they played Daughter I knew what they were up to.

Amazing!
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Wow. Can't believe this is my first show of the tour. It will be difficult to top this. Great seats, thx 10 club. Great crowd energy. Even from behind the stage. Seemed like Eddie reverted to his 93/94 self. Pulling all the vintage moves, hanging on the mic stand, and going into the crowd, haven't seen jeff and stone this amped in a long time. I was at the 98 show and it was cool to hear him continue the running joke about Janet Jackson. Amazing!!! Thanks to all the fans for bringing the energy last night.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• releesemereleeseme Posts: 387
    Great night. Brought my son for his first show and ended up with row 1. Ed came and stopped right in front of us and sang part of Leash. Unbelievable. Thanks PJ and Tenclub!!!
    8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    wut tha fack? the day after I end my FLA run and this happens. You game cocks lucked the fudge out. Congrats!
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964

That was by far the best concert and best night of my life.

Vs. is my favorite album and once they played Daughter I knew what they were up to.

Amazing!

Congrats man! So happy for you and everyone else lucky enough to attend.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • porch4294porch4294 Posts: 123
    Wow. 30th show. 2nd of this tour. They keep getting better and better!
    Best band in the world & best fans in the world... Truly, those of you in the pit were a joy to be with & I absolutely loved how happy the band was!
    Plus, it's always nice to have Ed a few inches away... (not the best quality, but for those interested, here's a clip of Ed in the pit & the end of Porch)
    https://youtu.be/Xb1yEFi2jwI

For those about to see them, enjoy. You're in for a treat.
  • thatbeatthatbeat Posts: 34
    Loved every single minute of this night.

Loved the energy and hope it continues for a long time to come.

Tinroofecho.bandcamp.com
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    An amazing show, top quality. Vs in its entirety live was wonderful, tight, and translated live flawlessly. I could have done without 1 or 2 of the LB songs, but fuck LTRP is heavy live. It cooks. The new version of Future Days was beautiful and powerful, Eds vocals haven't sounded better. It was my girlfriends first show, and she loved it! The day was absolutely perfect in gorgeous Greenville, SC. The show was close to perfection. Oh, and the crowd, was the best I have seen in my opinion. They were ridiculously loud, and section 101 was great to be in. Again, a few setlist nitpicks aside, it was a marvelous show. So much energy. Ill try to have a more in depth review after my five show run, but if not, there sure will be some lengthy boot reviews for those interested when they come out :)

And I like the poster myself, so much red. Unique. Sound quality in the arena after the first few songs, Id say 3.5 or 4 outta 5. It was quite good, but super loud.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    edited April 2016
    porch4294 said:

Wow. 30th show. 2nd of this tour. They keep getting better and better!
    Best band in the world & best fans in the world... Truly, those of you in the pit were a joy to be with & I absolutely loved how happy the band was!
    Plus, it's always nice to have Ed a few inches away... (not the best quality, but for those interested, here's a clip of Ed in the pit & the end of Porch)
    https://youtu.be/Xb1yEFi2jwI

For those about to see them, enjoy. You're in for a treat.

Awesome video! So glad I got to experience it with you all. It was one special night, for sure. Let's hope they bring it to RALEIGH as well. Have fun to all the lucky ones in Hampton! :blush:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • athenssmileathenssmile Posts: 147
    I have to say, I believe Pearl Jam has ruined me with last night's show and it may have to be the last one I attend.
    First, I could not believe how incredible my seats were. I was section 113, 4th row from the floor on Mike's side. Absolutely fantastic 10C seats! Thank you, Ten Club. I was around great people who thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    Then they start with Corduroy. Sure, I was hoping for a Release opener, but this is my first show since 2013, so whatever. By Daughter, I began to suspect what may be going on here. I see that some people say knowing what was coming next took away the surprise. It had the opposite affect on me. I held my breath after each song, hoping they would move on to the next one on vs and they weren't teasing us. I also knew this meant I might get a full W.M.A, Rats, Leash, and Indifference. I found it to be extremely exciting.
    I have been to 20-something shows and have heard Even Flow at every one. Don't get me wrong, I love Even Flow, especially when I am on Mike's side of the stage. But this is the first show I have not heard it played. Instead, Mike got to do his thing during Comfortably Numb and that was amazing and a new twist. They still surprise me!
    I never tire of Given to Fly and they did not disappoint. Then to throw in a Present Tense and top it off with a Breath, which I have only seen one other time! I thought it was a fantastic set list.
    My first show was at the Tad Gormley Stadium in New Orleans in 1995. That show got me hooked and I look at it as a religious experience. I believe last night's show topped that one. And it is for this reason I say Pearl Jam has ruined me. I don't know if I want to go to anymore shows. This one was so fantastic, how can they ever top it? Will I be disappointed with future shows? Should I let it end on this high note?
    Thankfully I have a few days to process all of this and rally before I am supposed to be in Raleigh.
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    Reason number 6272517 I have respect for the band:

When they do insane shit (like play No Code, Yield, and Vs. in entirety) they do it in obscure places. (Not NY, Boston (this coming from a Boston guy), or even Seattle.) It's absolutely awesome.

They know that there are serious collectors all around.

Cheers to the rest of the tour!
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    All the positives mentioned above. My 23rd show. It is in top 3 for sure. I was in Jax and it was an amazing show but Gville was what I call a next level PJ show. Vs is when I fell in love with Pearl Jam...it started it all for me. This year is the 20th anniversary of my first show in Ft Lauderdale 96. I've been a resident in Gville for 8 years. So this was just a super special nite being in GA about 8 heads back between Ed and Stone.

It was just another gorgeous day in Gville. So cool that everyone from out of town got to see what a awesome place this is. Not what people think of when you say South Carolina, lol. As in Jax, the sound was muddy for the first couple few songs but once it was adjusted it sounded great. Not sure why this is but it sounds like it happened at the FL shows too.

Maybe it was just bc I was in the pit but the crowd sounded amazing. The band was feeding off it all night. Ed did look like he was reincarnated from the 90's with all the moves and expressions. Man, it was freaking awesome! Stone was so happy. Mike just shredding it and changing outfits. Ed's banter was just so great. I always love it but he was so on point last nite. Talking about the development of certain songs, loss of loved ones, big picture stuff....just great! Last nite had the candid moments like the confusion of adding Nothingman and Mike starting GTF....I eat that stuff up. I could go on and on.

So much intensity, power, and happiness coming from the whole band. It just doesn't getting any better. I was jumping around like a maniac and am paying the price today...well worth it.

Huge thanks to PJ and the fellow fans! I agree with a poster above who is concerned about going to another show after that...I still have Columbia on the queue, lol...I should know better by now bc these guys always seem to raise the bar.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850

Unbelievable night. When daughter started I turned to my brother and said oh shit VS!!!! The energy from every band member was through the roof. I was on the rail right in front of Stone. He was clearly in his zone playing Vs front to back. He interacted with the crowd a ton. Dancing, smiles eye contact. He's usually less like that than the others but he was clearly having a blast last night. Ed's energy was electric all night. He was so intense! Mike ran the entire perimeter of the stage (front back sides...) 3 full laps during stbc. The lightning bolt songs all sounded great! I seriously am not a fan of the arrangement of FD on the album but this completely reworked version was really amazing. This is how it should have been. So many hard rockers and so much intensity I'm just shot today. And.....

Eddie handed me his empty wine bottle. I dont drink and haven't for many years. To be handed the empty bottle personally by Ed is something I won't ever forget.

Thank you Pearl Jam. Please don't ever stop doing what you do. We will keep coming.

You're a good person and that's why you got the bottle!

Congrats!!!!

So glad you got to hang with your brother too!
  • cjminorcjminor Posts: 19
    I'm going to give this one a not-so-favorable review. I was at Moline and Milwaukee in 2014, and loved both for different reasons. This one was my first show of this year, and I just wasn't blown away. I was in the upper level, though, and the folks around me were staring at their phones most of the night. But I don't usually let that bother me, and I was upper level in Moline too. So I don't know. The sound wasn't great. Kind of muddled. Is it just me or were they louder than usual? I've stopped bringing earplugs to PJ concerts cause I've never needed them, but I was wishing I had some last night. And I wasn't paying real close attention and didn't realize they were playing Vs. until W.M.A., more than halfway through. Vs. is a great album (my second favorite, after Yield), but I haven't listened to it all the way through in a really long time, so it just sounded like a normal concert until W.M.A. And now that I've been lucky enough to have been to all three where they've done this, I'm not sure I want to hear another album all the way through. It's a novelty, and the rest of the show has to be killer or it's a letdown. I'm a big fan of the LB album, but doing those four LB songs in a row right after Vs. didn't do much to help the flow of the show.

The positives - W.M.A. Is one of my least favorite PJ songs, but the version from last night kicked ass. Leash is my white whale song, so I was really happy to hear that. Indifference was great, too. It was a bit of a momentum killer right in the middle of the first set, but I've only heard it as a show closer. It has a different feel with the lights down, and you could tell Ed was really feeling it. They didn't play Even Flow or Jeremy. Any concert without those two goes up in my estimation. But overall, I wouldn't put this one at the top of my list. Which is fine. We've nowhere to go but up. On to Hampton, Raleigh and Columbia.
  • mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    I have to add, that Ed's voice is really top notch right now.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717

Unbelievable night. When daughter started I turned to my brother and said oh shit VS!!!! The energy from every band member was through the roof. I was on the rail right in front of Stone. He was clearly in his zone playing Vs front to back. He interacted with the crowd a ton. Dancing, smiles eye contact. He's usually less like that than the others but he was clearly having a blast last night. Ed's energy was electric all night. He was so intense! Mike ran the entire perimeter of the stage (front back sides...) 3 full laps during stbc. The lightning bolt songs all sounded great! I seriously am not a fan of the arrangement of FD on the album but this completely reworked version was really amazing. This is how it should have been. So many hard rockers and so much intensity I'm just shot today. And.....

Eddie handed me his empty wine bottle. I dont drink and haven't for many years. To be handed the empty bottle personally by Ed is something I won't ever forget.

Thank you Pearl Jam. Please don't ever stop doing what you do. We will keep coming.

Wow congrats!!!!!!!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765

You're a good person and that's why you got the bottle!

Congrats!!!!

So glad you got to hang with your brother too!

Wow congrats!!!!!!!
    Thanks! Such a great time! The concert itself was over the top but to have been there with my brother, who I've seen PJ with so many times is the best part! We just kept shaking our heads and laughing all night!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Molly McDonaldMolly McDonald Posts: 7
    edited April 2016
    I have to say last night was amazing. Not just an incredible show, but I met so many awesome 10c people! I swear Pearl Jam fans are the best! If anyone has video of EV speaking before Future Days please let me know. It would mean a lot.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600

I have to say last night was amazing. Not just an incredible show, but I met so many awesome 10c people! I swear Pearl Jam fans are the best! If anyone has video of EV speaking before Future Days please let me know. It would mean a lot.

I recorded the entire show. I will have it. It may be a little difficult to hear. I don't usually tinker with them until the official boots are released, because of the difference in clarity. Looking for something soon?