Options

MSG Wishlist

After being in every hellhole known to men, I recently finished medical school and proud to say accepted into neurology residency. As a celebration gift and thank you for keeping me sane throughout these years im traveling to NYC to see the show May 1 and would like to request a few songs and let people know that PJ has to play these songs in madison square garden, feel free to add suggestions and let PJ hear our voice
All those Yesterdays
Inside Job
Red Mosquito
Breath
Alive (99% chance they play it but still good to remind them)
Kick out the Jams

BTW The who tore down MSG PJ better bring their A game

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Black Sabbath did as well. I'm expecting big things from PJ there.

I would add Man of the Hour to your list for two of my friends who will be there as well.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    If we're starting a list we better add Rival to it.
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    nice to see someone added one from binaural, Breakerfall and Gods dice would be awesome additions
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 533
    Could use a new cover, and would love to hear I Am A Patriot, Slow Lukin, In My Tree, Off He Goes and Immortality. I'll be at MSG 1 as well! Hopefully couple other shows too.
  • Options
    GM151575GM151575 Freehold, NJ Posts: 346
    I'd like to hear around the bend. I was supposed to go visit my new goddaughter Lily in Texas, but I spent the money on pj tickets instead. Fortunately, I convinced her dad (mainly his wife to allow him) to travel from Texas to go to the msg shows with me. So around the bend for Lily from Greg and Erik.
    Also, as stated above some more binaural would be awesome.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    i'm gonna dream big.. they should fly in corin tucker and do 'gimme shelter'
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    WW187806 said:

Could use a new cover, and would love to hear I Am A Patriot, Slow Lukin, In My Tree, Off He Goes and Immortality. I'll be at MSG 1 as well! Hopefully couple other shows too.

Slow lukin is blasphemy. Play it fast...
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

WW187806 said:

Slow lukin is blasphemy. Play it fast...
    Slow into fast Lukin like in Denver 14 would be pretty awesome.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    My wish list for msg is a ticket
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    mspnglr4mspnglr4 Asheville, North Carolina Posts: 11
    I totally second the "Rival" suggestion... "Undone", would be super sweet too!
    And well, I heard these in Memphis a few years ago, but...
    A dedication of "1/2 Full" to Mother Earth would be cool. That, and the circumstances that usually bring this song out are never good. But I sure do miss my daughter Brooklyn. So I would love to hear "Come Back" for her. :)

Honestly the list goes on and on, but I'll stop with those for now.
  • Options
    kmac1976kmac1976 Posts: 84
    Wish#1, No re-scheduling of MSG shows due to NY Rangers playoff hockey. That would be a gut punch to my mental state(traveling from CA)

Wish#2, Rival!

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,713
    very much hoping for Parting ways which I would add has never been played in New York
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    kmac1976 said:

Wish#1, No re-scheduling of MSG shows due to NY Rangers playoff hockey. That would be a gut punch to my mental state(traveling from CA)

Wish#2, Rival!

As someone that is also traveling a long way for these shows, I was also worried about the Rangers. But I've been going over the possible scenarios and looking at the second round dates from the past 2 playoffs and we should be in good shape. It's not impossible the shows conflict with a playoff game but highly unlikely.
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    JRDAY89 said:

kmac1976 said:

Wish#2, Rival!

As someone that is also traveling a long way for these shows, I was also worried about the Rangers. But I've been going over the possible scenarios and looking at the second round dates from the past 2 playoffs and we should be in good shape. It's not impossible the shows conflict with a playoff game but highly unlikely.
    Thanks for the reassurance. Traveling from CA sure isn't as far as many people who're traveling from Europe or Australia, but it would not be ideal.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    all around the bend
    out of my mind
    marker in the sand
    light years
    push me pull me
    danny d
  • Options

nice to see someone added one from binaural, Breakerfall and Gods dice would be awesome additions

I say they just play all of Binaural just to make sure they have everyone covered :wink:

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    yes!!! exactly what i wanted with this, yes a complete binaural set would be awesome and still leave time for 25 more songs which would be a gift from heaven.
    As far as the show situation thanks for letting me now, ill pray everything goes smoothly as i am traveling from puerto rico to watch the show and would suck if they moved it. I think by me traveling to see my first concert in wrigley field the first time they played there, waiting 3 hours in the rain for them to come back and not seeing them play alive in that awesome atmosphere is more than enough to cover for whatever happens may 1, so everyone stay calm and pumped for the show as always
  • Options
    BugCityForTheNightBugCityForTheNight Canberra, Australia Posts: 73
    kmac1976 said:

JRDAY89 said:

kmac1976 said:

Wish#2, Rival!

Thanks for the reassurance. Traveling from CA sure isn't as far as many people who're traveling from Europe or Australia, but it would not be ideal.
    Please tell me that this actually isn't possible.... I am coming from Australia.
    2006 - Melb RLA night 1
    2009 - Sydney Brisbane Melbourne
    2011 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3 & Canberra
    2014 - EV Sydney 1, 2, 3
    2020 - Hamilton, Baltimore, New York
  • Options
    Relax everyone the don't bump confirmed booked dates regardless of the playoffs. They adjust the playoff schedule. PJ at MSG will go ahead as scheduled. The Rangers will just get an extra day off at most, it happens all the time.

• Options
    Bruce's US tour ends 4/25 at Barclays, maybe he'll make an appearance with PJ at MSG? EV has appeared solo at Bruce's shows, it's about time Bruce played with PJ? Would be amazing.
  • Options
    out of my mind - yes!
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL
    Actually, any deep cut off of Binaural would do. If they're sticking with the fast track openers, kicking off night 1 with Breakerfall would be great.

18 days until lift off!
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

Alive (99% chance they play it but still good to remind them)

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Relax everyone the don't bump confirmed booked dates regardless of the playoffs. They adjust the playoff schedule. PJ at MSG will go ahead as scheduled. The Rangers will just get an extra day off at most, it happens all the time.

This is not the first time I've heard this as a possibility. Why do people think this is even a possibility? Pretty much the first thing the schedule makers look at is arena availability. MSG ain't available on April 30 & May 1. Simple as that.
  • Options
    omg kmac killed it, an opening with breakerfall in MSG would be craaaazy
  • Options
    JTH said:

This is not the first time I've heard this as a possibility. Why do people think this is even a possibility? Pretty much the first thing the schedule makers look at is arena availability. MSG ain't available on April 30 & May 1. Simple as that.
    I really hope you meant May 1 and 2. Otherwise I need to change some plans. :wink:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    kmac1976 said:

RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL, RIVAL
    Actually, any deep cut off of Binaural would do. If they're sticking with the fast track openers, kicking off night 1 with Breakerfall would be great.

18 days until lift off!

See like I said they just need to play all of Binaural at MSG. =)

• Options

JTH said:

I really hope you meant May 1 and 2. Otherwise I need to change some plans. :wink:
    you didn't get the memo?
  • Options
    I keep forgetting the shows are Sunday and Monday and not Saturday and Sunday.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    My only wishlist for MSG is tickets for night 1!

If anybody has a lead, please help.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale