Options

Angered over Beyonces super bowl song choice?

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rgambs said:

And I enjoyed Bruno Mars. How can you not like a song like Uptown Funk?

Hahaha it's not hard!
    :lol:
    Don't believe me just watch!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

I feel there is a double standard put in place. If a white artist came out with all white dancers there would be outrage from black leaders. The Superbowl and all sports for that matter should be used as an escape. Why does everything have to be politicized? I know there are problems, but can we have some time when we can all just enjoy something together?

For the record... The performance by ALL parties participating were NOT political!

Beyonces video for Formation was the catalyst for the protest and frustration.

My original post is focused on the comments of the outrage of the video and the following protests of the song being performed at the Super Bowl and NOT the performance itself.
    Beyonces performance was definitely political. All the dancers dressed like Black Panthers, dancing in an X formation. That's about as direct of a message as possible :tongue:
    IMO it being political was the only good thing about it. I would like it if more artists made political statements.
    I don't mind that it was political at all, I just don't like that she chose the Black Panthers over all the non militant civil rights groups.
    I didn't even realize that you were saying you minded any part of it.
    I understand your point about the Black Panthers... although I can't bring myself to have an issue with that. I do not support violence - MLK was right - but at the same time I completely 100% understand why they felt their tactics were necessary and justified, and completely understand why black people might admire their legacy as a group that fought for civil rights, so I just don't find the Black Panthers offensive.
    "They take one of ours, we take two of theirs"

"We want all Black men to be exempt from military service."

"We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails."

don't get me wrong, they had a lot of good things in their party, but they also had some extremist goals and extremist ways of accomplishing them.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

I feel there is a double standard put in place. If a white artist came out with all white dancers there would be outrage from black leaders. The Superbowl and all sports for that matter should be used as an escape. Why does everything have to be politicized? I know there are problems, but can we have some time when we can all just enjoy something together?

For the record... The performance by ALL parties participating were NOT political!

My original post is focused on the comments of the outrage of the video and the following protests of the song being performed at the Super Bowl and NOT the performance itself.
    Beyonces performance was definitely political. All the dancers dressed like Black Panthers, dancing in an X formation. That's about as direct of a message as possible :tongue:
    IMO it being political was the only good thing about it. I would like it if more artists made political statements.
    I don't mind that it was political at all, I just don't like that she chose the Black Panthers over all the non militant civil rights groups.
    I understand your point about the Black Panthers... although I can't bring myself to have an issue with that. I do not support violence - MLK was right - but at the same time I completely 100% understand why they felt their tactics were necessary and justified, and completely understand why black people might admire their legacy as a group that fought for civil rights, so I just don't find the Black Panthers offensive.

"We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails."

don't get me wrong, they had a lot of good things in their party, but they also had some extremist goals and extremist ways of accomplishing them.
    Not extreme at all compared to getting dogs and firehoses turned on you for daring to vote or assemble. Not extreme at all compared to getting lynched or dragged behind a vehicle for daring to love a white woman, and the local sherrif not bothering to investigate.

For all their "militarism" they haven't done 1/100 of the terror perpetrated on them.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    And the FBI used some extremist methods to undermine and eradicate them as an organization.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    PJ_Soul said:

I am surprised anyone still cares about the halftime show in any serious kind of way. To be totally honest, I'm at the point where I want it to suck. The more it sucks the better. In fact, I don't just want it to suck. I want it to be an unmitigated disaster, lol. Or hugely scandalous for some reason. It's just fun that way! I can see awesome performances all the time - they happen every day of the year just about - but the opportunity for a truly heinous, piece of shit Superbowl halftime show riddled with mistakes and shit to make fun of only comes once a year! =)

It has already been a unmitigated disaster. Remember the Black Eyed Peas?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rgambs said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

Not extreme at all compared to getting dogs and firehoses turned on you for daring to vote or assemble. Not extreme at all compared to getting lynched or dragged behind a vehicle for daring to love a white woman, and the local sherrif not bothering to investigate.

For all their "militarism" they haven't done 1/100 of the terror perpetrated on them.
    An example of ignorance meeting ignorance. A very dark time in America.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    rgambs said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

Getting firehosed and dogs unleashed on you opened a lot more eyes than retaliation. The civil rights movement went farther than ever while they were doing this, if it continued and nothing was done about it, we would've seen the white population willing to fight a war for the civil rights cause. The only reason the Black Panthers got anything done was because MLK told the president that action needed to happen or there is going to be a lot of violence.
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

rgambs said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

Getting firehosed and dogs unleashed on you opened a lot more eyes than retaliation. The civil rights movement went farther than ever while they were doing this, if it continued and nothing was done about it, we would've seen the white population willing to fight a war for the civil rights cause. The only reason the Black Panthers got anything done was because MLK told the president that action needed to happen or there is going to be a lot of violence.
    Smart kid we got here

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

ehbacon said:

rgambs said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

PJ_Soul said:

ehbacon said:

Smart kid we got here
    AP US History trained lol. Plan is to graduate a year early, but if I don't get into UW Madison I can just go back if I want.
  • Options
    glad that they got it right in the history books. make sure that they keep it that way.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    It's hilarious that people are up in arms over a group that has less members than the Wu Tang Clan ffs.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    ........I'll just ....oh screw it the b**** can kiss my a**

Godfather.
  • Options

Godfather.

Awww poor widdle Godfodder had to see black people being black, how dare he be subjected to such terrible things!
  • Options

Godfather.

Why should she kiss your ass? Please explain.
  • Options

Godfather.

who knows, she might like it.

do you think the hate will ever end ? I don't because dip shits like her will not let it, just the other day I read a story about some black gal working at Mc Donald's spitting on white peoples food to get back at them for slavery......another stupid ass keeping hate alive and well, and just so you don't think I'm picking on the blacks these white racist can kiss my a** as well.

• Options

Godfather.

do you think the hate will ever end ? I don't because dip shits like her will not let it, just the other day I read a story about some black gal working at Mc Donald's spitting on white peoples food to get back at them for slavery......another stupid ass keeping hate alive and well, and just so you don't think I'm picking on the blacks these white racist can kiss my a** as well.

Godfather.

• Options

Godfather.

Godfather.

• Options
    really ? and why not ? I can't think of one good reason why not ! besides she might like it..LOL !!!

Godfather.

• Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Wasn't angered at all.... didn't watch halftime show... that's the key!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519

Godfather.

Godfather.

dripping with irony
  • Options
    If anything, the music is heard.
  • Options
    bdoyle13bdoyle13 Near Toronto Posts: 36
    Hate is Hate doesn't matter if it comes from Blacks or whites. We can't condone either side. Just because black lives matter bullshit is popular doesn't mean we all need to jump on the anti police anti white train. How about we all jump on the no hating at all train and see where that leads us?
  • Options
    bdoyle13 said:

Hate is Hate doesn't matter if it comes from Blacks or whites. We can't condone either side. Just because black lives matter bullshit is popular doesn't mean we all need to jump on the anti police anti white train. How about we all jump on the no hating at all train and see where that leads us?

awesome.

Godfather.

• Options
    So is it "no hating" to disparage #BLM?
  • Options
    to criticize is to hate ? to point out injustice is hate ? well I guess if your white that's true.......

Godfather.

• Options

to criticize is to hate ? to point out injustice is hate ? well I guess if your white that's true.......

Godfather.

That goes both ways bid, to criticize and point out injustice in police isn't hate either.
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    edited February 2016
    bdoyle13 said:

Unfortunately that train is always derailed by the liberal Media and haters like Sharpten and Jesse who are irrelevant w/o crying Racism a thousand times a day. Reasonable people get it and see through all the nonsense, but the media loves all the Libby suckers white guilt.
    Post edited by muskydan on
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited February 2016
    Across the country, conservative politicians and police unions are voicing their outrage at Beyoncé, Black Panthers and the Black Lives Matter movement.

The facts are seven of eight officers who've been killed this year in the United States have been killed by angry, armed white men.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-white-men-killed-7-8-cops-u-s-year-article-1.2539913?cid=bitly
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    stupid facts
  • Options
    bdoyle13bdoyle13 Near Toronto Posts: 36
    JC29856 said:

Across the country, conservative politicians and police unions are voicing their outrage at Beyoncé, Black Panthers and the Black Lives Matter movement.

The facts are seven of eight officers who've been killed this year in the United States have been killed by angry, armed white men.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-white-men-killed-7-8-cops-u-s-year-article-1.2539913?cid=bitly

Ye but BLM also says Police are the main killers of black men. Let's look how many police officers have killed blacks this year (2016) over how many black men have killed black men.

We can all quote stats. If BLM actually gave a shit and wasn't out to be against the Police they would be trying to help their own people and educate young black men in America. BLM is a racist hate group.

muskydan said:

bdoyle13 said:

Unfortunately that train is always derailed by the liberal Media and haters like Sharpten and Jesse who are irrelevant w/o crying Racism a thousand times a day. Reasonable people get it and see through all the nonsense, but the media loves all the Libby suckers white guilt.

I agree the liberal media will always scream foul no matter what the right side does. There's no such thing as impartial reporting in this day and age.