Options

Petition For Online Wrigley Poster Pre-Order

Comments

• Options
    Leash_In_HidingLeash_In_Hiding Posts: 691
    edited February 2016
    I'm all for this, I actually emailed 10c last week about it. Doesn't sound like they care to go along with this idea....

Hi Dave,

We do not sell tour merch on our site in advance of the show. The band likes to keep the tour merch special and specific to the live event as much as possible.

-10c
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    Yes please.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Let's make this happen 10C!!!

And even if you don't want to ship all the posters, at least give us some sort of online voucher that we can take up to a special 10 club window to redeem our merchandise. Please don't wait make us wait in line for 6 hours with all the rest of the flippers trying to just make a profit!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 498

Let's make this happen 10C!!!

And even if you don't want to ship all the posters, at least give us some sort of online voucher that we can take up to a special 10 club window to redeem our merchandise. Please don't wait make us wait in line for 6 hours with all the rest of the flippers trying to just make a profit!

Agreed, while some here still flip, most are more likely to keep and enjoy what they got. 6+ hours is crazy.. it's not THAT hard....

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    mcriecken said:

I wonder if the issue is that they end up with a ton of extra merch? Think about if everyone on this board that is going to the show preorders merch for that show. The 10C also needs to have a merch stand at the show for people who didn't know about the presale and/or missed out on it. The thing is, how do they know how many posters to print to meet demand? Shirts, stickets, etc.? Unfortunately, since not everyone who is going to the show is going to know about preordering merch then the 10C are likely to be stuck with either too much or too little in the end. I think if they were going to do something like this it would have to, unfortunately, be for people who won tickets through 10C for that specific show so they have a better idea of how many ticketholders already bought merch. Which in turn is going to infuriate a lot of people who want posters/merch for shows they aren't going to.

That's not saying I wouldn't love to be able to preorder merch, I would absolutely love to. Hell, I'm a web developer and I would volunteer my time to set something up for them to get this done, but I think there are too many other factors to consider and maybe based on previous experience that's why they aren't doing it.

You hit the nail on the head. I thought the pre-order in 2009 was great and took advantage of it for the LA show I landed 10C tickets for. It was for the people bought 10C tickets only, which makes it hard to gauge in terms of the amount of merch you send to the show. It seemed like they were over-inventoried after the fact in 2009 and a lot of those posters sat in the warehouse for years, before ending up in clearance and mystery boxes.
    As someone who's managed a retail business before, I can tell you that the pre-order probably created a lot of extra hours of work for the 10C. With the system as it stands now, they send the merch to the show and have TSURT and the venue staff which they've already contracted with and paid for with the venue rental, sell it. Posters and most of the venue/city specific merch sell out at the show so that there's very little that they have to transport through the rest of the tour and back to Seattle. They transfer the hours they would have spent packing/shipping the merch to the people at the show who want the stuff and have to line up to wait for it. It still sells through.
    I'd love to explore more of the city when I travel to a show but it's also an important part of the concert experience for me to acquire the poster/merch I want, so I make the decision to wait and put in the effort to get it. That's my choice. PJ, 10C, and the artists give you multiple chances to get it as well. Outside the venue, inside at the show, through the artist's AP sale, and hopefully after the fact via 10C shop. Just a matter of how you want to invest your time.
  • Options
    Please do this. It makes sense. It Creates less crowds to control. It creates happier fans. It creates a more relaxed atmosphere. It creates more well earned revenue to the band(this is not a jab I think they deserve all that they get) It creates less flipping. Most of us enjoy the merch as momentos/cool art, not to cash in. Again I'd rather see the artist get the rewards for their work not someone that's parasitic. Make it happen 10C! We all ready know your awesome. Now blow our minds
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,910

All of the Merch should have a 10c pre-order

this.

• Options
    I get why they don't do it (They want to minimize the amount of stock they have after everyone is satisfied), but I feel like they do undershoot demand most of the time. If they just did 10-20% more than what they think, they may be alright and minimize aftermarket margins.

• Options
    edited February 2016
    http://www.the311store.com/collections/311-day-2016-poster-presale

They're doing it...

I can understand not wanting to get stuck with excess, but wrigley and Fenway will be roughly 80,000 attendees over the two days, they won't even print near that so how could they get stuck unless it's a horrible print
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    I really hope they do something to improve the merch situation this year.
    The idea of a poster pre-sale is great (they did it in 2009). At a minimum I really print more posters, stickers and shirts and enforce limits.

A few bands (MMJ and the Foo Fighters) took shirt and/or poster orders after the show to help people get merch from the bigger shows.

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    1. Design
    2. Pre-order
    3. Print pre-orders plus some to be sold at the event.

No excessive leftovers, no disappointed fans, no ridiculous flipping.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I'm all in
    Brooklyn 1,2 13
    Chicago EV 08 11 13
    Cleveland 94 98 03 06 10
    Cincinatti 06
    Columbus 00 03 10
    Detroit 06 EV 11 14
    Grand Rapids 06
    Hershey 03
    Jacksonville EV 12
    Moline 14
    Montreal 05
    Milwaukee EV 08
    Nobelsville 03
    Ottawa 05
    Pittsburgh 06 13
    Toledo 96 04

WRIGLEY 13
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,748
    edited February 2016
    Waiting in line at Wrigley 2013 the day before for 4+ hours made me realize how much I could care less about merch as I get older. I love the shirts, posters, excitement of seeing new stuff, etc but I missed time with my 2 year old I can never get back for a couple shirts I never wear and no poster. Didn't wait in the crazy lines in Denver in 2014 and I also won't wait in line for the 2 Wrigley shows this year. I would totally make a presale purchase, the TenClub knows I have tickets but if it doesn't happen, oh well.
    Post edited by Foriginal Sin on
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087

I'm all for this, I actually emailed 10c last week about it. Doesn't sound like they care to go along with this idea....

Hi Dave,

We do not sell tour merch on our site in advance of the show. The band likes to keep the tour merch special and specific to the live event as much as possible.

-10c

Except of course they sell outside of venue now so people not attending the live event buy the merch and then sell it on eBay. After seeing the lines and hours upon hours people stood in line.....I'm surprised and honestly disappointed that they wouldn't try and help people out more.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742

1. Design
    2. Pre-order
    3. Print pre-orders plus some to be sold at the event.

No excessive leftovers, no disappointed fans, no ridiculous flipping.

Agreed.

Every 10club member who scored 10club tickets to the show should be able to place a pre order online, if the 10club member wants to purchase one or not. The system that was brought in back in 2009 was fantastic! I would like to know who complained? Who didn't like this system? Totally shocked by all this. Why stop when you were making fan's happy?
  • Options
    Instead of going to the store why not go to the source? The artist themselves should do a pre-order. Or at least a pre order lottery for the a/p sale. That way people going know they may not have to pick one up.
  • Options

Instead of going to the store why not go to the source? The artist themselves should do a pre-order. Or at least a pre order lottery for the a/p sale. That way people going know they may not have to pick one up.

That would be great but in many cases that wouldn't make it an A/P as they're serialized out of XXX

• Options

Hi Dave,

-10c

Except of course they sell outside of venue now so people not attending the live event buy the merch and then sell it on eBay. After seeing the lines and hours upon hours people stood in line.....I'm surprised and honestly disappointed that they wouldn't try and help people out more.
    I agree with you 100%. I was hoping this pre-sale was an option, I'm sure it would make life a little bit easier for everybody, plus its one less thing to travel back home with
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    Signed. Most should be on board with this !
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,339
    I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who complain about lining up for hours to pick up t-shirts, stickers, and artwork that often have no clear link to the actual city, will be right back there in line for hours when the tour starts up again.
    Change will only occur when the fans stop lining up in a queue for hours for non essential items :). Enjoy the music everyone
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    1) I would love to see this happen. And I can guarantee if it were done this way they would sell more posters because I personally would have paid sight unseen for what turned out to be shitty Worcester 1 and Hartford posters in 2013. Flying eyeballs and Sasquatches for days.

2) Why does everything have to be a petition? Just ask. Sometimes that works best.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    JimmyV said:

1) I would love to see this happen. And I can guarantee if it were done this way they would sell more posters because I personally would have paid sight unseen for what turned out to be shitty Worcester 1 and Hartford posters in 2013. Flying eyeballs and Sasquatches for days.

2) Why does everything have to be a petition? Just ask. Sometimes that works best.

I'm sure a lot of us will pay sight unseen for both Fenway and Wrigley posters. Just another reason why the pre-sale would be good.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I don't care anymore
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Pre-sale, please. In a thread miles back, someone suggested a poster, t-shirt, a couple of buttons and a couple of stickers as a pre-pack. I would happily order it and wait for it to be shipped after the show.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Please 10C let us pre-order! Waiting in line at Wrigley for 5 hours I mean come on.....only to find out some items were sold out.
    If you take pre-order you stand to make more $$ don't you? Or make it so only those who have tickets for that show.
  • Options
    mcrieckenmcriecken Indiana Posts: 265
    gnaztee said:

I

This is a great idea. I hate holding our posters through the show.

I hate that too, but I saw a guy a while back with a hard plastic tube slung over his shoulder at a show and looked it up online. Check out Blick Art Materials. They have colored plastic tubes with shoulder straps. I took mine to Bogota and it worked great. Although, with all the warnings about pickpockets in Bogota I slung mine across my chest, but I put three posters inside (not a flipper, picked up two for a 10c member who helped me with tix) and my tickets. Was not inconvenient at all.
    Do they allow outside tubes at US shows? I know you can usually pick up a tube at the merch stand, never thought about buying something to bring.
    St. Louis, USA 10-05-2004 | Chicago, USA 08-23-2009 | Indianapolis, USA 05-07-2010 | Hartford, USA 10-25-2013 | Lexington, USA 04-26-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-22-2016 | Chicago, USA 08-18-2018 | Chicago, USA 08-20-2018
  • Options
    A lot of places are fine with you bringing one, security just needs to look at it when you go in.
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Sadly at this point it is almost a better option for me to just buy a poster for 2-3 x the price on eBay then to wait in line for 4 hours
  • Options
    I'm in!
    1996: Randall's Island, NY - 2
    2003: Uniondale, NY
    2006: East Rutherford, NJ - 1
    2008: NY, NY - 2
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 1,2,3
    2010: NY, NY - 1,2
    2013: Brooklyn, NY - 1,2
    2016: Philadelphia, PA - 2
    2016: Boston, MA - 1,2
    2016: Chicago, IL - 1

EV
    2008: NY, NY - 1,2
    2009: Albany, NY - 1
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 2

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    Totally agree with you, OP.
    this worked great in Chicago 2009.
    got to the venue right before Bad Religion went on.
    none of the standing in line all day BS.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore