WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 253
    Just won night 2, lost night 1

Night 2 was my 2nd choice
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Shawna44 said:

I agree with ya'll here... if they have 1000 GA tix available and 10,000 people have them as their #1 choice... how is it possible for someone to win these tix as one of their "2nd or 3rd choice's"... wouldn't they draw all the tix until they are gone with just the people whom have them as their first choice.... Here is another senerial... someone told me..."maybe its set up that the 1st choice people have their name in the lotto like 50X each, and 2nd choice is like 20X, 3rd choice like 10X... and so on and so forth" which to me would be the only way it makes sense for someone to win their 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th choices... and other lose all 4 of their choices... it has to be something along the lines of that... specially how some people win GA at shows with their 5th choice...sure it was a 1 in a 100 shot... but they hit it...

"For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority,"
    -- some folks got both Fenway 1 & 2...
    So wouldn't that imply everyone who had night1 as their priority would have won their tickets before those who had it as their 2nd choice would have been selected (and vice versa?)
    Or am I just confused :bee:

Posted this earlier but guessing people arent reading 30 pages of info:
    FENWAY - So the explanation(until proven otherwise) is if you put in for night #2 with FIRST CHOICE you WON as there was enough tickets for everyone. Night #1 had more demand then tickets so some people lost. Then the lottery moves to second selections for #2 as everyone got filled with first priority - once again NOT enough tickets for everyone for night #2 with second selections. The lottery doesn't look at if you won tickets with first selection its just comparing 2nd selections to 2nd selections so its possible for a person to win the lottery twice and others none.
    if there was enough tix for everyone...than the odd's percentages wouldn't have started dropping... they would have stayed at 100%... and I did not see any odd's at 100%... wouldn't that mean that more people were asking for tix than tix allowed...
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Shawna44 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Shawna44 said:

I agree with ya'll here... if they have 1000 GA tix available and 10,000 people have them as their #1 choice... how is it possible for someone to win these tix as one of their "2nd or 3rd choice's"... wouldn't they draw all the tix until they are gone with just the people whom have them as their first choice.... Here is another senerial... someone told me..."maybe its set up that the 1st choice people have their name in the lotto like 50X each, and 2nd choice is like 20X, 3rd choice like 10X... and so on and so forth" which to me would be the only way it makes sense for someone to win their 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th choices... and other lose all 4 of their choices... it has to be something along the lines of that... specially how some people win GA at shows with their 5th choice...sure it was a 1 in a 100 shot... but they hit it...

"For each show we will randomly draw members who have made that show their #1 priority. If any tickets remain the system will randomly draw names of members who have chosen that show as their #2 priority,"
    So wouldn't that imply everyone who had night1 as their priority would have won their tickets before those who had it as their 2nd choice would have been selected (and vice versa?)

That scenario is not happening

then simply explain to me how people win Wrigley GA with their 4th choice and other get shut out with their 1st choice... And I'm not saying I'm correct...but their has to be some sort of a system here as this situations are hitting... ps... I tried to start another thread with this...but I'm not that computer savvy... or I gave up too easy...
    Who is winning Wrigley GA 4th choice.
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Yea I never got shot out till the lottery, really, any show or combination, but things change, I have. Your kids are not the same from1-5 yrs old as they are when they are 25 yrs old. Sometimes it's not so bad. I'm not bitter, I don't expect anything xept news letter and single really. It's nerve racking and fun too. I'm sure their fans can travel for shows not not as much when we were younger so that comes into play too
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Just got email, won Wrigley night 1 RS

GA 1 Priority 1
    RS 1 #2
    RS 2 #3
    Dallas '03, ACL '09, PJ20, Lollapalooza Brazil '13, Wrigley '13, Dallas '13, ACL '14, Milwaukee '14, Bonnaroo '16, Wrigley '16, Nashville '22
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Shawna44 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

Shawna44 said:

That scenario is not happening

then simply explain to me how people win Wrigley GA with their 4th choice and other get shut out with their 1st choice... And I'm not saying I'm correct...but their has to be some sort of a system here as this situations are hitting... ps... I tried to start another thread with this...but I'm not that computer savvy... or I gave up too easy...
    Nobody has won wrigley ga with their 4th option.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    So what are expectations for most reserved 10c seats @ Fenway? Chairs on the field, rest above the dugout?
  • Still waiting.

However I've seen and talked to 3 people now who did NOT. Get wrigley reserved 2 at spot 3 which is confusing since people have posted on here they got it at spot 4.

pjl44 said:

Finally got the email. Shut out of both Fenway. Crap.

So sorry...There goes the theory that the late TBD's won. I am a nervous wreck.
    Seems like that is correct. But it seems like more late tbds won than lost.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Just got email confirmation for both Wrigley res.
    1. Wrigley 1 res.
    2. Wrigley 2 res.
    Never altered picks and put them in on Saturday morning.

Ticket page has said total charge $376 blue enter box. Email came at 7:14

See you a Wrigley.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Got night 2 Boston ......Lost night 1
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
    marc34 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Fenway 1- Won, Fenway 2- Lost. Live 5 miles from Fenway and over 20 years in the 10c for what its worth anymore

You got tickets to a show, are you seriously complaining right now?
    Not complaining but membership is not what it used to be. I want season tickets at the 50 yard line to the Patriots, or half court for the Celtics. You know why I cannot have them? Because the people with those seats have been season ticket holders for 20 or 30 years. That's how seniority works in 99% of life. I understand people who joined the club late think they should have a fair shot, and they did once the 10c put in the 2 random rows up front. Now it is 100% random, which I do not think is fair to people with low numbers/long standing memberships
    Your membership is $40 per year. The cost of those season tickets is in the thousands to ten thousands per year, (as a Cubs season ticket holder, I know) and inevitably those people lost thousands of dollars per year while having those tickets in lean years. So not a good comparison.
    Yeah the membership pays for a presale, not an actual ticket.
    That was not always the case. I never got shut out of any show until the lotto system started. My 10c number is low enough that I would always get seats. Back before the online days you filled out a form with what tickets you wanted in the mail and then they started with the lowest member numbers and rewarded tickets until they ran out.
    There are more members now.
    They play less shows now.
    They announce tours is smaller legs now.
    They play smaller venues now, for the most part.
    There is aimply more demand for tickets now.
    Back in 2003, the fan club was still relativelg small. Its massive now.

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    PRIORITY DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR STATUS
    1st choice 08/07/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00
    ENTERED
    2nd choice 08/05/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00
    ENTERED

WON these tickets around the same time LATE......

1st choice 04/29/2016 Philadelphia, PA- GA Standing $172.00
    WON
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483

MK88178 said:

After a whole day of F5 I finally scored some tickets.

Hopefully I will join you soon. The waiting dr-...you get it
    I'm pulling for you
  • Vedd Hedd said:

pjl44 said:

Finally got the email. Shut out of both Fenway. Crap.

So sorry...There goes the theory that the late TBD's won. I am a nervous wreck.
    Seems like that is correct. But it seems like more late tbds won than lost.
    I agree. I am hoping that is the case but the people who lost may not be posting on this thread as its for Donald Trump/Charlie Sheen WINNERS
  • abducted from the st.abducted from the st. Southern Maine Posts: 20
    just got the confirmation for fenway 2! Only one I entered for.....
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

Are the TBA's that have been waiting being denied or are any getting tickets. I've been TBA all day and have given up hope.

I was notified at quarter to 8 and got 1 of 2, my first choice - fenway - good luck!!

It looks like wrigley has more available seats as more are getting both nights.
  • Just got first choice at Wrigley. GA. 8/20.
  • Count me in!!! After waiting all day, I got tix to Fenway night 2. So you can add me to the Fenway night 2 theory...
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620
    edited February 2016
    Shawna44 said:

Shawna44 said:

Posted this earlier but guessing people arent reading 30 pages of info:
    FENWAY - So the explanation(until proven otherwise) is if you put in for night #2 with FIRST CHOICE you WON as there was enough tickets for everyone. Night #1 had more demand then tickets so some people lost. Then the lottery moves to second selections for #2 as everyone got filled with first priority - once again NOT enough tickets for everyone for night #2 with second selections. The lottery doesn't look at if you won tickets with first selection its just comparing 2nd selections to 2nd selections so its possible for a person to win the lottery twice and others none.
    if there was enough tix for everyone...than the odd's percentages wouldn't have started dropping... they would have stayed at 100%... and I did not see any odd's at 100%... wouldn't that mean that more people were asking for tix than tix allowed...
    Odds don't take into account priority. This has been covered.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• still have "entered" for fenway1
  • Just looked at the page and it says Lost. I had Wrigley 1 GA 1st priority and Wrigley 1 RS 2nd priority.
  • marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Vedd Hedd said:

marc34 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

Fenway 1- Won, Fenway 2- Lost. Live 5 miles from Fenway and over 20 years in the 10c for what its worth anymore

Not complaining but membership is not what it used to be. I want season tickets at the 50 yard line to the Patriots, or half court for the Celtics. You know why I cannot have them? Because the people with those seats have been season ticket holders for 20 or 30 years. That's how seniority works in 99% of life. I understand people who joined the club late think they should have a fair shot, and they did once the 10c put in the 2 random rows up front. Now it is 100% random, which I do not think is fair to people with low numbers/long standing memberships
    Your membership is $40 per year. The cost of those season tickets is in the thousands to ten thousands per year, (as a Cubs season ticket holder, I know) and inevitably those people lost thousands of dollars per year while having those tickets in lean years. So not a good comparison.
    That was not always the case. I never got shut out of any show until the lotto system started. My 10c number is low enough that I would always get seats. Back before the online days you filled out a form with what tickets you wanted in the mail and then they started with the lowest member numbers and rewarded tickets until they ran out.

I agree 100%, however my opinion is that the people who have been around the longest should have first shot on the tickets. I am sure most with a 10c number of say under 300xxx would agree and anyone over 500xxx that would argue for a lotto system. I think the lotto system started when people with high 10c numbers were not getting any tickets and were questioning why should they be members. i just think that somebody who joined 2 weeks ago should not have the same chance as somebody who joined the club in the early 90's and maintained it.
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • AL10357AL10357 Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    Vedd Hedd said:

marc34 said:

Vedd Hedd said:

deagator3 said:

marc34 said:

marc34 said:

They played every fourth day for an entire year in 2003. Of course everyone got tickets back then.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I'm in for Fenway night 2! Thanks 10c
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    email arrived 7:23 CST
    1st Choice - Wrigley Show 1 Reserved - Won
    2nd Choice - Wrigley Show 2 Reserved - Won
    3rd & 4th choices were GA same shows - lost of course.

Still waiting for wife's notice...TBD
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• rylanrylan Posts: 204
    Just got my email, won night 2 GA wrigley with first priority! Lost night 1 for anything. See you all there! Hope the public sale treats me good for night 1
  • fingers getting sore refreshing my phone (for email), this screen (forum) and the ticket-order screen. Only action is on the forum. doodeedooo :bee:
    Chicago 7/19/13
    Boston 9/28/04, 5/24 & 5/25/06, 6/28 & 6/30/08, 5/17/10
    Ottawa 9/16/05
    Austin ACL 10/4/09
    Vedder Boston Opera House 8/1 & 8/2/08
  • Super stoked guys! Just got fucking nothing AGAIN!!!.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    not gonna backread this thread, but has anyone won ga for both wrigley nights with priority 1 and 2?