WINNERS for Fenway or Wrigley? Post here

Comments

• goodforyou19goodforyou19 Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin Posts: 74
    Won Wrigley 1 reserved (1st choice), Wrigley 2 reserved (2nd choice), lost Fenway 2 (3rd choice).
    Was shut out of Wrigley last time so really happy to be going to both shows this time around!!!
  • michael_augustinemichael_augustine Chicago Posts: 40
    Won reserved seating for both Wrigley shows. Had the second night as the 1st pick, and night 1 as my second. Followed by GA in same order. Psyched! Now just have to wait. Hopefully the weather doesn't disrupt like last time.
    Cincinnati 00'
    Cleveland 03'
    Pittsburgh 03'
    Cincinnati 06'
    Chicago 08' (EV Into the Wild 1 & 2)
    Chicago 09' (1 & 2)
    Chicago 11' (EV Uke 1 & 2)
    East Troy 11' (PJ20 1 & 2)
    Chicago 13' (Wrigley)
    Brooklyn 13' (1 & 2)
    Moline 14' (No Code)
    Milwaukee 14' (Yield)
    Chicago 16" (Wrigley 1 & 2)

• EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Winner. Winner. Chicken dinner!
    Reserved for both Wrigley shows.
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

I think it's because when your name is drawn you get all the shows you selected if there are still tickets available.
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    mattcoz said:

Waiting for this TBD to update is about as bad as watching yesterdays Super Bowl half time show. Well... maybe not that bad.

Really? I thought it was a good show. Not great, but not bad. Certainly not this bad.
    As they say in the movie Airplane! "I haven't felt this awful since we saw that Ronald Reagan film."
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    Eroom21 said:

I am the biggest asshole, I wanted reserved seating for Wrigley night two, and I literally noticed right after the draw closed that I clicked GA. AHHHHHH. We were planing a summer trip to Chicago, I am utterly heartbroken,

You can still get tickets. Don't give up. The show will be amazing.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

I won Wrigley night 2 reserved. First choice. Second was night 2 GA, which I knew was a long shot. Either way I will be at Wrigley again! Too bad work obligations get in the way of more Wrigley and both Fenway dates

Congrats Dave!!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

1st choice 08/07/2016 Fenway WON
    2nd choice 08/05/2016 Fenway LOST
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• HoldeIN said:

I realize selection is based on the lottery/chance but I wonder if notification is based on member#. I have won in the past and usually the last to know. I'm also 510XXX which is relatively new compared to many on the boards. I still haven't heard for this round yet.

I don't think so. I'm 76,XXX and I still haven't received anything yet.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158

I would just like one question answered. I was under the assumption that initially this lottery system was set up to even the playing field and make it more fair, my question is, how can people be winning both nights to Fenway while others lose both nights?

I think it's because when your name is drawn you get all the shows you selected if there are still tickets available.
    It does not work that way, it's just that whether you win or lose one show has no effect on if you win or lose another show.
  • Still hanging out:

PRIORITY DATE CITY PRICE/PAIR STATUS
    1st choice 08/07/2016 Boston, MA- Reserved Seating $188.00
    ENTERED
    2nd choice 08/20/2016 Chicago, IL- Reserved Seating $188.00
    ENTERED
  • Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353

That would make sense, however the only problem is I put in for both fenways and lost on both. And I put it for them immediately on Thursday.
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II
    2014: Tulsa, Lincoln
    2016: New York City I&II, Quebec City, Boston I&II, Chicago I&II
    2017: New York 
    2018: Seattle I&II, Boston I&II
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

Won both Fenway (1 and 2 priority)

Now, based on that, anyone who has Fenway 2 as there first choice, they should win?
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945

I guess hypothetically is that one show ran out of tickets in round 1. So you could have people that made the exact same choice. Chose the same concerts as #1, and one it got it and the other didn't. The both chose the same #2 and it was a little less popular and that person won again but the other person didn't.

It doesn't check if you won tickets to another show on the same tour (unless it's ga/reserved on the same night). It simply goes by the entire bucket of everyone who chose as #1, fills as many of those as possible, if it goes to round #2 it randomly fills as many as those as possible.

So it's possible to get double shafted if the tickets run out in round 1 if you made the exact same choice as someone else who double won. For shows in the same city, I suppose it would be nice if they could make sure fan members won a pair of tickets for that city, before people got both. I suppose that involves more complex programming of the lottery system, not sure if they'll get around to that. Unlike GA/Reserved they actually do want fan members to get the remaining tickets.... The lottery system works fairly good but it does have some quirks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    No go for either Fenway for me. I'll be at one for sure though.
  • cutz said:

Now, based on that, anyone who has Fenway 2 as there first choice, they should win?
    that's what we've been saying for awhile now......

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• cutz said:

Only if there are still tickets remaining once your name gets drawn.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

The explanation is in this thread in a few spots, basically night 1 the 1st priority requests exceeded the amount of tickets available. Some folks with night 1 as 1st priority lost, all with priority 2 and beyond lost.
    Night 2 more tickets than 1st priority requests. so some folks were drawn with Priority 2.

2 shows are drawn independent of one another. So if you entered for both and had priority 1 as 8/5, you had a chance to win 0,1 or 2 nights, if you entered both in reverse priority (8/7 1st), you won night 2 but lost night 1.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    What's the lowest someone has pulled a win from Wrigley 1 reserved? 2nd preference?
  • melpumelpu Posts: 44
    Argh! Lost for both home town shows, and not for the first time
    A drag, because Fenway, like most ball parks, is not meant as a venue for a music show.
    If you don't have decent seats you may as well hang out in the surrounding streets.
    Ok, I admit it, I'm bitter. Need a moment to recover. All's fair in love and the PJ lottery.
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

No that's not it.
    Night had a much larger percent of 1st priority requests than night 2.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Rebekah said:

SO sad...lost both nights at Fenway....it's a little upsetting to me to see so many people get BOTH nights and I didn't get 1 :bawling:

What order did you put your choices?

Still, sucks you didn't win one show.
  • Fenway 8/5/16 heard around 2:45EST. Went to Wrigley in 2013, I hope it doesn't rain this time
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330

Read through some of these posts, its been answered.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:

mcgruff10 said:

i got a "total charged" $188 for fenway 2. :)

Congrats dude :smiley:
    Thanks bud! See you at the show!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Zod said:

What's the lowest someone has pulled a win from Wrigley 1 reserved? 2nd preference?

so far i what i saw yes.for night 2 at wrigley i even saw 4th priority won
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Lost on every choice and selected Fenway reserved first.
    ????
    0 for 6 and a bit shocked
  • Bearclaw53Bearclaw53 Dallas, TX Posts: 56

So has ANYONE won both Fenway shows by ranking the first night #2 and the second night #1?

My situation, but are still Entered TBD
    Me too and a friend as well. No answers for us yet.
  • cd21millercd21miller Columbia, MO Posts: 302
    I'm in for Wrigley.
    GA night 1; Reserved night 2.

I know many are still waiting to hear...odd that they don't release it all at once,, but I do not presume to know what's best, nor do I want to be the one who would have to be in charge of all this. Yikes!
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Zod said:

I saw some people claiming they got Wrigley 2 reserved on their 4th preference. As for your question....i think 2nd preference for Wrigley 1 reserved is the lowest?

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.