The terrorist attacks we don't care about

Comments

• PJ_Soul said:

Dozens killed in ISIS attack in heavily populated, mainly Shiite Damascus suburb. More than 20 militia fighters with government forces among dead. Three bombs: when rescuers started showing up to rescue victims from a car bomb, 2 suicide bombers detonated themselves (one stood right next to a gas tank station). :frowning: Pretty despicable tactics, blowing up rescuers... although I suspect the US military does the same thing.

https://www.rt.com/news/330764-damascus-bomb-attack-isis/

I disagree :smile:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2016
    rr165892 said:

No PJ we dont act like those low life murdering Islamic fundamentalist douche bags.Cmon,you know better than that.

What? No i don't. I fully believe that the US military will send a second bomb once rescuers arrive of we're talking about the enemy. They don't care of they kill rescuers if the rescuers are also their enemies. If you don't think the US would do that you are very naive (unless you're being sarcastic... are you?).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJ_Soul said:

Dozens killed in ISIS attack in heavily populated, mainly Shiite Damascus suburb. More than 20 militia fighters with government forces among dead. Three bombs: when rescuers started showing up to rescue victims from a car bomb, 2 suicide bombers detonated themselves (one stood right next to a gas tank station). :frowning: Pretty despicable tactics, blowing up rescuers... although I suspect the US military does the same thing.

Why?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?
    Well unless you post evidence of your suspicion I disagree.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Why?
    Well unless you post evidence of your suspicion I disagree.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/us-drones-bomb-civilian-rescuers-2013-7

This was the first Google result.
  • ^^^
    Read it.
    Did not know this.
    If true it is appalling.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

No PJ we dont act like those low life murdering Islamic fundamentalist douche bags.Cmon,you know better than that.

That isn't what she said, she said we probably bomb first responders.
    We absolutely do.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

^^^
    Read it.
    Did not know this.
    If true it is appalling.

It is true.
    edited February 2016
    Did y'all seriously never hear of Julian Assange and wikileaks??? The Reuters journalist killed by the Apache in the collateral murder video??

His name was Namir Noor-Eldeen, 22 years old. Look it up, without whistleblowers this shit would never come to light.
    YouTube it, Collateral Murder.

Perhaps then MAYBE you can wrap your head around what lowlife murdering douchebags our soldiers can be RR
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Im not going down the america is as evil as isis rabbit hole on yet another thread.We are not the same period.
    Yes people die from collateral damage.It happens.No we dont lop off heads and blow up markets for no reason.
    rr165892 said:

Im not going down the america is as evil as isis rabbit hole on yet another thread.We are not the same period.
    Yes people die from collateral damage.It happens.No we dont lop off heads and blow up markets for no reason.

So, instead of acknowledging the reality of the situation, you prefer to set up a straw man argument so you can attack the premise and walk away without looking critically or admitting fault....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    A Daallo Airlines flight traveling from Somalia to Djibouti in East Africa landed after an explosion tore a gaping hole in the Airbus A321 jet. Two were reportedly injured, though local eyewitness reports say that a “severely burnt body” was spotted falling from the sky.

edited February 2016
    rr165892 said:

1) No one said that America is as evil as ISIS. I just said that the US uses their same despicable tactic of bombing rescuers. And it does. This is fact. That you at first thought that the US absolutely would not do such a thing is not surprising though. The US government and media go to great lengths to convince the American people that they are morally superior when it comes to war. But in fact, the US military can be pretty fucking ruthless.
    2) We're not talking about collateral damage. We're talking about deliberately attacking civilians in enemy territory who are attempting to rescue other people from the first bomb.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited February 2016
    Jason P said:

A Daallo Airlines flight traveling from Somalia to Djibouti in East Africa landed after an explosion tore a gaping hole in the Airbus A321 jet. Two were reportedly injured, though local eyewitness reports say that a “severely burnt body” was spotted falling from the sky.

Jesus, imagine being on that plane.
    Not sure if this was a terrorist attack or not, but it's hard to imagine what else could have caused that kind of explosion in that part of the plane. Who knows though. No mention of terrorists in this article below. The conflicting reports about a person falling from the plane are strange:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daallo-airlines-plane-fire-hole-7291376
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jesus, imagine being on that plane.
    Not sure if this was a terrorist attack or not, but it's hard to imagine what else could have caused that kind of explosion in that part of the plane. Who knows though. No mention of terrorists in this article below. The conflicting reports about a person falling from the plane are strange:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/daallo-airlines-plane-fire-hole-7291376
    Yeah, no official news. Hard to say if we ever get anything official, considering it was flying out of Mogadishu and I doubt there are few credible new agencies operating there. The WikiTravel guide basically sums up traveling to Mogadishu as "Stay the fuck away!!!"

wikitravel.org/en/Mogadishu
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rr165892 said:

no, but you (US military) bombs the shit out of non-combatants, including women and children, if it "gets the job done".

different tactics; same result: innocents dead.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

That's war.Its not pretty.
    Mogadishu is a fucking cesspool.
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

1) No one said that America is as evil as ISIS. I just said that the US uses their same despicable tactic of bombing rescuers. And it does. This is fact. That you at first thought that the US absolutely would not do such a thing is not surprising though. The US government and media go to great lengths to convince the American people that they are morally superior when it comes to war. But in fact, the US military can be pretty fucking ruthless.
    2) We're not talking about collateral damage. We're talking about deliberately attacking civilians in enemy territory who are attempting to rescue other people from the first bomb.
    So you found a google article of it happening.Good for you.I guess the red cresent was helping some bad people.Shit happens.Im pretty sure if there is a target,it's for a reason.We do not make a practice out of routinely targeting rescue workers.The liberals in congress would shit themselves if this was common practice.way to deflect though

rr165892 said:

no, but you (US military) bombs the shit out of non-combatants, including women and children, if it "gets the job done".

Maybe the terrorists that use them as cover should be to blame.
    rr165892 said:

Mogadishu is a fucking cesspool.

I wouldn't know, I've never been. But it's Somalia's capital.... so that's probably at least close to true. However, I don't know how that is relevant here.
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

So you found a google article of it happening.Good for you.I guess the red cresent was helping some bad people.Shit happens.Im pretty sure if there is a target,it's for a reason.We do not make a practice out of routinely targeting rescue workers.The liberals in congress would shit themselves if this was common practice.way to deflect though
    Good for me?? PJfan asked for proof, so I googled it to provide proof, lol. I have NO clue how you are accusing me of deflecting. Deflecting what, and why? Is this just how you act when you've been proven wrong or something? First you just outright deny that the US bombs rescuers without even knowing, and now you outright deny that it's common practice and assume that Congress would shit itself if it were, again without even knowing. :confused:
    rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

The terrorists use their rescuers as cover? That makes no sense.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

he was responding to my "the US military bombing the shit out of women and children" comment.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

A video someone posted from inside the plane after a bomb went off and a dude was sucked out the side of the plane. It's crazy how everyone is relatively calm considering a bomb went off and someone got sucked out of the plane. One guy at the end is calmly staring out his window like I do at the end of a puddle jumper flight. I also noticed that most of the oxygen masks didn't deploy, but I guess safety standards are a little lower for airlines servicing Mogudishu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRenM8fQHZw
    edited February 2016

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

he was responding to my "the US military bombing the shit out of women and children" comment.

Oh I see. Sorry rr. Yes, they do indeed appear to do that.
    Jason P said:

A video someone posted from inside the plane after a bomb went off and a dude was sucked out the side of the plane. It's crazy how everyone is relatively calm considering a bomb went off and someone got sucked out of the plane. One guy at the end is calmly staring out his window like I do at the end of a puddle jumper flight. I also noticed that most of the oxygen masks didn't deploy, but I guess safety standards are a little lower for airlines servicing Mogudishu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRenM8fQHZw

Crazy. FWIW, I have been in an emergency situation on a plane where I was truly afraid we were going to crash and die, and to an observer I would have looked like that guy looking out the window, but I can assure you that I was fucking flipping out on the inside, lol. What are you supposed to do? You've got two options: stay as calm and possible and hope you don't die while you struggle with the adrenaline coursing through your body and take it all in, or be one of those idiots who panic. Lucky for everyone on that plane, no one seemed to have chosen the latter!
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35673533

Militants have stormed a hotel in the Somali capital Mogadishu, leaving at least nine people dead, in an attack claimed by al-Shabab.

The attackers set off a car bomb outside the heavily fortified Somali Youth League hotel before moving in.

An explosion also targeted a popular park known as the Peace Garden. Police say the attack is now over after they shot and killed four attackers.

Al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda affiliate, is waging an armed insurgency in Somalia.
  • PJ_Soul said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-35673533

Militants have stormed a hotel in the Somali capital Mogadishu, leaving at least nine people dead, in an attack claimed by al-Shabab.

The attackers set off a car bomb outside the heavily fortified Somali Youth League hotel before moving in.

An explosion also targeted a popular park known as the Peace Garden. Police say the attack is now over after they shot and killed four attackers.

Al-Shabab, an al-Qaeda affiliate, is waging an armed insurgency in Somalia.

I wouldn't say we don't care about this shit.
    I think what the Donald is going to do or say next is more important at this time.