Options

Will Call and Merch Booths

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited January 2016

GO NOLES.

:plus_one:
    That makes four of us here that I recall. You, the OP, LukinFan, and me! Fear the spear!
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    Go Noles, brother!
    My son in pic is named Bowden!
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
    WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    if they could do a poster only booth and other merch booth separate that would be awesome because I could care less about posters and sometimes just want to grab a shirt and go...the poster craze is above me
  • Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Vedd Hedd said:

A big part of me agrees that these are great ideas. The other part of me thinks, "This is a rock show, you came for the rock concert". I always get the poster from the show and usually a shirt from that tour. And part of me wants that poster safe and sound. The other part of me is upset that I need that much from a show.
    We walked about a "10c Member Poster" if you had tix for that show, that you could buy from the website...but part of me thinks this is inauthentic. Yes, I have lost out on some posters (Moline) that I thought were awesome and bought from the artist themselves or from the PJ shop, but part of me feels like its not as authentic as one i scored (and preserved) from the show.

Not sure if what I am saying is understandable. I guess I feel, "This is a rock concert, so lets not overcomplicate things with special merch lines, passes, online codes, etc....lets keep the focus on the show, and if you score some merch, great."

I think this just answered my question about whether or not posters are sold on-site in tubes? If not, then I'll likely skip the merch and order the poster from the appropriate website after the fact (only interested in a poster and then the physical boot, lol).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    they sell tubes for 2.00... i forgot to bring mine often and have to buy new ones, lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

they sell tubes for 2.00... i forgot to bring mine often and have to buy new ones, lol

Cool, thanks for the heads-up, since I've got seats I'll likely pick it up day-of (or at least try to, lol). If I was GA I wouldn't even consider it, lol. Thanks again!

• Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    edited January 2016

Go Noles, brother!
    My son in pic is named Bowden!

So awesome. Met Bobby a number of times. He drove my roommate in college home from a game, because he interviewed him after the game for FSULive and he didn't have a ride home. No joke. Nicest celebrity I have ever met by far.

I'm an FSU grad and been a season ticket holder since high school.

So stoked for next season. GO NOLES!
    Post edited by NickyNooch on

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    Awesome, Nooch!

I coach DBs at the high school level. Have also met Coach Bowden a few times and have had the opportunity to work the Jimbo Fisher High School Camp for past few years. Amazing experience for both myself and my son.

Was a season ticket holder until 2010 when i became a teacher/coach- just can't swing the 7 hr drive on weekends now- wife cut me off lol! Was in section 29 beside Jamnolfin off Warchant.com lol. The PARTY section!

Best 2 things in life are the Noles and PJ

Do u remember the montage on TV b4 CoAch Bowden's last game? They used Eddie Vedder's "Rise" as the background music. This is the main reason i responded to this "publicly"-to see if anyone else on here was aware of that.

Post edited by fsunoles30 on
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Mercy, Mercy Me.....
    the mercy trucks are out of control... i would recommending skipping them and enjoying the town like we did in Cincy 2014. but if you must.. most on here are correct... it opens at 1pm

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    lolobugg said:

it opens at 1pm

You forgot to mention the crazies start lining up for it at 10am

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    We're all crazy
    We're all crazy and we're
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    GP179117 said:

lolobugg said:

it opens at 1pm

You forgot to mention the crazies start lining up for it at 10am

^this or before... i suspect this tour it will probably happen a lot earlier

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Was anyone here in the mercy line at Bonnaroo 08? Damn, what a day.
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21

• Options
    Vedd Hedd said:

Bubba said:

Or just sell merch inside the venue to ticket holders only

It's crazy that you almost need to take a day off of work or waste a day in a new city you traveled to waiting for a t short/poster. So glad I don't care that much about this stuff

100% agree - I don't remember the merch craze being as it is now when they just had locations inside the arenas. The lines at Wrigley were ridiculous, around the block of a baseball stadium, never again.

Yeah, i showed up "early" that show...like 5pm thinking I was ahead of the game.....

for those that cant picutre this.. on the OUTSIDE of the stadium, the merch booth was between 3rd base and home plate. The line extended all the way to homeplate, around the corner, past 1st base, past right field and beyond the stadium.
    The guy selling water to people in line made a fortune!......it was so hot that day.
  • Options
    Unless you are in line right now for msg, good luck lol
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    Bubba said:

Hate that they have the merch trucks open during the day....just allows flippers and those not going to the show the opportunity to hoard merch to flip/trade. Seems that is the thing to do these days, hoard extra merch just to trade/flip on Ebay to fund your next show. Sucks for those who want the merch from the show they are going to. I don't bother trying to get posters anymore, usually just wait til they go on sale here or the artist site, but even then, with the multiple variants of each its getting to be a bit much. Sorry, about the rant, just one part of the shows I don't look forward to.

Or the guys that buy 30 posters, 50 pins and 200 stickers then have them listed on ebay for minimum $70/poster and $40/sticker even before the show starts.

This is where Eddie and Jeff need to go to the back of the room. :grin:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772

CapnBob said:

Cool, thanks for the heads-up, since I've got seats I'll likely pick it up day-of (or at least try to, lol). If I was GA I wouldn't even consider it, lol. Thanks again!

You may not be able to take the tube into the building, so make sure your car is parked nearby and lock it in the trunk.

What I do... take a really long string, run it through the tube and tie it. Tape one cap shut to the tube. This "taped end" is the bottom end. The string has become a carrying strap.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,850

Unless you are in line right now for msg, good luck lol

MSG you say? Say no more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtCA3BnYO7U
  • Options

CapnBob said:

You may not be able to take the tube into the building, so make sure your car is parked nearby and lock it in the trunk.

What I do... take a really long string, run it through the tube and tie it. Tape one cap shut to the tube. This "taped end" is the bottom end. The string has become a carrying strap.
    D'oh, hadn't thought about not bringing it inside, now it'll depend on who's accompanying me to the show, whether there's a car in the vicinity to drop it in, lol. I'll also see if I can get any info on this from the venue, lol.

Thanks also for the tip on how to handle the tube (that just doesn't look right when written, lol), I'll definitely keep that in mind.

• Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    don't forget, the merch truck doesn't cross the border. won't be at the canadian shows.
    they'll probably have a table or tent set up though.
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    GP179117 said:

don't forget, the merch truck doesn't cross the border. won't be at the canadian shows.

Again, d'oh, lol...hopefully if nothing else there'll be something inside (which would circumvent getting a tube inside, just make sure to pack some string, lol). Worst comes to worst, I'll have to trawl (as opposed to troll, lol) the various websites for the items I seek, lol.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    GP179117 said:

I miss big red. That sexy beast wasn't at the Vancouver '13 show. Merchandise was delayed. It was beautiful out so they set up outside the arena.

Maybe they will rent an RV for their travels from Quebec City through to Toronto.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    edited January 2016

The nightmare at Wrigley
    Post edited by Bubba on
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Bubba said:

The nightmare at Wrigley

Whoa! That is scary. Especially for the 2 folks in front of the car.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I love that they sell merch outside before the show... so convenient... I just hate that the tubes gave grown so large, no way I wait in nyc... they will make tons of stuff and it will be readily available after the shows, so I'm not wasting a day standing in line
  • Options
    I like the fact they sell sweet Pearl Jam candy outside the arenas. I wish though they were able to sell posters already prepacked in tubes. Some events they had done this, others they don't. Many didn't even have any poster tubes available. And also if they could put a hard strict rule on shoppers. 2 posters, 2 pins & 4 stickers per person. Max!
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    I thought there was a 2 poster limit at the last show I went to, I could be wrong
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    That is only one of the lines at Wrigley - there were 3 merch tents, then came the fun of the rush inside when the gates opened.. great times, I loved every minute of it. Thursday while in the merch line we got to hear the PJ sound check and then on Friday we all got the TC email stating that merch tents would open earlier than announced so we got in line early that Friday morning and we took turns going to McDonalds while we waited...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    It was only like 113 degrees that day, so at least people waiting in those lines were nice and comfortable.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Wrigley merch was dum