Solid work from the ten club.

pawlowski1097pawlowski1097 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 571
Maby I'm in the minority here but I was shutout of all of my choices and I still think this system was solid and very fair. I knew the risks of putting ga/res msg shows as my top picks and still did it anyway. Just wanted to thank the ten club for their efforts and work yesterday.

Comments

• mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Hard to comment on if it was fair as we'll never know the mechanics around the actual selection process, however I think the system by design makes a TON more sense than rewarding people for their ability to click quicker than someone else (and that comes from someone who almost always was able to click his way to victory). As long as there are people that get shut out, there will always be complaints, but it's good for this fanbase and this band that there is still so much demand for their shows. Kudos to the 10c for working on as a fair a system as they could muster.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680

Maby I'm in the minority here but I was shutout of all of my choices and I still think this system was solid and very fair. I knew the risks of putting ga/res msg shows as my top picks and still did it anyway. Just wanted to thank the ten club for their efforts and work yesterday.

my thoughts exactly, and I lost too
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Couple of badass names right there!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Couple of badass names right there!
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    Ten club rocks.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    love the lottery
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 686
    I've been impressed by the system thus far. Win or lose it certainly seems fair from my perspective. Thanks 10c!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Lottery is definitely good. To do all the shows at once with relative efficiency shows the process has evolved miles in just 5 years.

However, there are easy and fair ways to improve the system, and I hope improvement is always under consideration.

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,633
    mjb said:

Hard to comment on if it was fair as we'll never know the mechanics around the actual selection process, however I think the system by design makes a TON more sense than rewarding people for their ability to click quicker than someone else (and that comes from someone who almost always was able to click his way to victory). As long as there are people that get shut out, there will always be complaints, but it's good for this fanbase and this band that there is still so much demand for their shows. Kudos to the 10c for working on as a fair a system as they could muster.

Actually we got the mechanics pretty much nailed down.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Yes , thanks ten club !
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Good thread! Thanks 10C
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,731

mjb said:

Ya the only thing that was news was the fact that 99% did not guarantee you a ticket if you put it too far down on your choices. Everything else went as expected.
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    Lottery rules. Put in your picks and sit and wait. If you have seniority you still get better reserved seats if you win. Pretty simple.
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,039
    edited January 2016
    Lottery seems very fair. Waaaaaay better than 1) setting aside time for when tickets go on sale 2) sitting around F5 ing for who knows how long.

I have lost more than I've won and I love the lottery system. Put in selections at your own convenience and wait for the drawing. An equal chance to obtain tickets for all current 10c members. Without adding more shows so the demand goes down or somehow getting a higher percentage of the venue for 10c tickets, I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735

Lottery seems very fair. Waaaaaay better than 1) setting aside time for when tickets go on sale 2) sitting around F5 ing for who knows how long.

I have lost more than I've won and I love the lottery system. Put in selections at your own convenience and wait for the drawing. An equal chance to obtain tickets for all current 10c members. Without adding more shows so the demand goes down or somehow getting a higher percentage of the venue for 10c tickets, I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!

Very well said. Completely agreed.
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 364

Lottery seems very fair. ... I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!

One pair per membership would ensure that more members actually get tickets.
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141

Thanks 10c!

Very well said. Completely agreed.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    edited January 2016

mjb said:

Yes, this is true, minus the most minute aspects.
    Folks like PJSoul, Mayday, Dimitris, speedy, bootlegger, Derbydave, myself, and you, among others, have been trying to educate and dispel the myths and misinterpretations for some time now.
    I had thought about a nice thread that breaks it down and explains how to make your choices based off you own priority and what works for you... Do you need GA or do you just want tickets, do you need a particular show or do you want the safest bets, etc. but I'm burned out on it.

After this draw though, honestly, I don't feel like explaining it all over and over again. The information is all given by the Ten Club in the ticket policy and FAQ, and there is plenty of clarification for the reading comprehension challenged here on the boards, if you can't be bothered to read and think then you deserve the draw you get lol

It will be very hard to have sympathy in any lottery draws going forward. If third time is not the charm, then it's 3 strikes and you are out!

Probably some are more gracious than me and will continue to help the new folks and those who didn't bother to read the info given. If anyone is confused and want help for the West Coast draw anyone is free to PM me for advice. I'm no expert, but I haven't been shut out and I won't be. I have landed every ticket that I thought I would/should get, luck hasn't been on my side for the ones that were iffy, but that's perfectly acceptable.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    edited January 2016
    MayDay10 said:

Lottery is definitely good. To do all the shows at once with relative efficiency shows the process has evolved miles in just 5 years.

However, there are easy and fair ways to improve the system, and I hope improvement is always under consideration.

I didn't win, but the system is very fair, but I do agree with MayDay, he has some sound ideas. I'm sure 10c, and the band keep an open mind about these things.
    I always do appreciate the opportunity to get great seats at a good price to see a band that love and respect.
    Post edited by Walking the miles on
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,498
    1st time not securing hometown tickets from 10C; however, should that take away from the fact I've secured 10C to all those previous hometown (and then some) shows? Absolutely not. I'll still be in the building, I'll still enjoy the show, and I'll still continue to submit future entries. When you've been in the 10C for 20+ years and add up total membership dues vs. the experiences and memories made at past shows I feel as though I've cheated the 10C in a way. A minor bump on the road doesn't ruin an entire road trip.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,994
    I miss the days of them just putting them up for sale, but I guess the lottery is better than everyone bitching about the site crashing.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • kingmattkingmatt Posts: 121
    100 Pacer said:

...When you've been in the 10C for 20+ years and add up total membership dues vs. the experiences and memories made at past shows I feel as though I've cheated the 10C in a way. A minor bump on the road doesn't ruin an entire road trip.

This might be the best comment I've ever read on here.

Similar story for me... got shut out of hometown Ottawa. But I've been exceedingly lucky over the years... and I appreciate the fact that new and old fans have an opportunity to see the band up close. Can't wait!
    LukinFan said:

I miss the days of them just putting them up for sale, but I guess the lottery is better than everyone bitching about the site crashing.

do u have tix for all the shows?all ok?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Thanks 10s Club! This is my 20th year of seeing them live and I could not be happier. Cheers!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • rgambs said:

mjb said:

Yes, this is true, minus the most minute aspects.
    Folks like PJSoul, Mayday, Dimitris, bootlegger, Derbydave, myself, and you, among others, have been trying to educate and dispel the myths and misinterpretations for some time now.
    I had thought about a nice thread that breaks it down and explains how to make your choices based off you own priority and what works for you... Do you need GA or do you just want tickets, do you need a particular show or do you want the safest bets, etc. but I'm burned out on it.

After this draw though, honestly, I don't feel like explaining it all over and over again. The information is all given by the Ten Club in the ticket policy and FAQ, and there is plenty of clarification for the reading comprehension challenged here on the boards, if you can't be bothered to read and think then you deserve the draw you get lol

It will be very hard to have sympathy in any lottery draws going forward. If third time is not the charm, then it's 3 strikes and you are out!

Probably some are more gracious than me and will continue to help the new folks and those who didn't bother to read the info given. If anyone is confused and want help for the West Coast draw anyone is free to PM me for advice. I'm no expert, but I haven't been shut out and I won't be. I have landed every ticket that I thought I would/should get, luck hasn't been on my side for the ones that were iffy, but that's perfectly acceptable.
    I cant begin to tell you how happy I was yesterday, when a few people came on here and THANKED me for coming on here for a few days, and explaining the lottery. I was thrilled to hear that a few people stepped back, took a few deep breaths, and truly thought it over, before making their choices.

Because facts are facts.
    The Lottery works just fine.
    People will ALWAYS have trouble getting tickets for the high demand shows(NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago). But if someone is able to plan their trips, and stay away from the high demand shows, the lottery works just fine. If people can stop themselves from putting GA as their 1st 4-10 choices, the lottery works just fine. But there are people who can not help themselves. There are people(friends of mine) who just cant fathom not putting in for all GA seats. And by doing so, they guaranteed themselves to get shutout.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Thank you 10C for giving a lowly 6 month member who's been a fan for half my life the chance to finally see this band from the GA at the Garden. I never thought I'd have the chance to experience it!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748

bump
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Saltzy23 said:

Thank you 10C for giving a lowly 6 month member who's been a fan for half my life the chance to finally see this band from the GA at the Garden. I never thought I'd have the chance to experience it!

There are no lowly members here! And this is a prime example of not only the joy the lottery can bring, but also the purpose it serves - the chance to give people new experiences. Enjoy it Saltzy!
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    PeterED said:

Lottery seems very fair. ... I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!

One pair per membership would ensure that more members actually get tickets.
    I've been thinking about this a lot actually. After seeing so many people who lost every choice in the lotto etc... The thing I loved about Ten Club for a long time (post 2000) was that you could get as many shows as you wanted. I used Ten Club seats for every show I went to from 2003 to present except one (the added MSG show in 2003). But to see some people win 4-5 shows out of a short tour like this and some win NONE after entering for multiple shows, the one pair per membership would definitely make it "more fair," if people wanted it more fair. Of course all the rail riding die hards who go to every single show would hate it, but they could still search out extra single tickets, right? I'm ok with that as my days of going to lots of shows per tour are over. I could maybe hit 2 or 3 a tour if they played anywhere near me, and if I was all but guaranteed ONE of those were ten club tix I'd be content with that. Now being able to choose 1st 2nd 3rd choice and only get one might mean you get stuck with your last choice and it's the only show you get... but for some that's still an improvement over none.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

Saltzy23 said:

There are no lowly members here! And this is a prime example of not only the joy the lottery can bring, but also the purpose it serves - the chance to give people new experiences. Enjoy it Saltzy!