Options

Solid work from the ten club.

2»

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    :clap:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    Here's what I know, the last time i bought Ten Club tickets 3 years ago it was $1 dollar cheaper.

To that I say, good job Ten Club and Band!
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    jordan k said:

Here's what I know, the last time i bought Ten Club tickets 3 years ago it was $1 dollar cheaper.

That is also totally true! The prices barely changed at all since 2013.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    my2hands said:

love the lottery

completely agree....I hated the F5 days, most the time I didn't have the time to sit there and deal with it...this way I pick my show and I win or lose and that's that

thank you 10C!!!

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078
    Saltzy23 said:

Thank you 10C for giving a lowly 6 month member who's been a fan for half my life the chance to finally see this band from the GA at the Garden. I never thought I'd have the chance to experience it!

Love this! ENJOY!!!! :rock_on:
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:

mjb said:

Hard to comment on if it was fair as we'll never know the mechanics around the actual selection process, however I think the system by design makes a TON more sense than rewarding people for their ability to click quicker than someone else (and that comes from someone who almost always was able to click his way to victory). As long as there are people that get shut out, there will always be complaints, but it's good for this fanbase and this band that there is still so much demand for their shows. Kudos to the 10c for working on as a fair a system as they could muster.

Actually we got the mechanics pretty much nailed down.
    Yes, this is true, minus the most minute aspects.
    Folks like PJSoul, Mayday, Dimitris, speedy, bootlegger, Derbydave, myself, and you, among others, have been trying to educate and dispel the myths and misinterpretations for some time now.
    I had thought about a nice thread that breaks it down and explains how to make your choices based off you own priority and what works for you... Do you need GA or do you just want tickets, do you need a particular show or do you want the safest bets, etc. but I'm burned out on it.

After this draw though, honestly, I don't feel like explaining it all over and over again. The information is all given by the Ten Club in the ticket policy and FAQ, and there is plenty of clarification for the reading comprehension challenged here on the boards, if you can't be bothered to read and think then you deserve the draw you get lol

It will be very hard to have sympathy in any lottery draws going forward. If third time is not the charm, then it's 3 strikes and you are out!

Probably some are more gracious than me and will continue to help the new folks and those who didn't bother to read the info given. If anyone is confused and want help for the West Coast draw anyone is free to PM me for advice. I'm no expert, but I haven't been shut out and I won't be. I have landed every ticket that I thought I would/should get, luck hasn't been on my side for the ones that were iffy, but that's perfectly acceptable.

rgambs said:

mjb said:

Hard to comment on if it was fair as we'll never know the mechanics around the actual selection process, however I think the system by design makes a TON more sense than rewarding people for their ability to click quicker than someone else (and that comes from someone who almost always was able to click his way to victory). As long as there are people that get shut out, there will always be complaints, but it's good for this fanbase and this band that there is still so much demand for their shows. Kudos to the 10c for working on as a fair a system as they could muster.

Actually we got the mechanics pretty much nailed down.
    Yes, this is true, minus the most minute aspects.
    Folks like PJSoul, Mayday, Dimitris, bootlegger, Derbydave, myself, and you, among others, have been trying to educate and dispel the myths and misinterpretations for some time now.
    I had thought about a nice thread that breaks it down and explains how to make your choices based off you own priority and what works for you... Do you need GA or do you just want tickets, do you need a particular show or do you want the safest bets, etc. but I'm burned out on it.

After this draw though, honestly, I don't feel like explaining it all over and over again. The information is all given by the Ten Club in the ticket policy and FAQ, and there is plenty of clarification for the reading comprehension challenged here on the boards, if you can't be bothered to read and think then you deserve the draw you get lol

It will be very hard to have sympathy in any lottery draws going forward. If third time is not the charm, then it's 3 strikes and you are out!

Probably some are more gracious than me and will continue to help the new folks and those who didn't bother to read the info given. If anyone is confused and want help for the West Coast draw anyone is free to PM me for advice. I'm no expert, but I haven't been shut out and I won't be. I have landed every ticket that I thought I would/should get, luck hasn't been on my side for the ones that were iffy, but that's perfectly acceptable.
    I cant begin to tell you how happy I was yesterday, when a few people came on here and THANKED me for coming on here for a few days, and explaining the lottery. I was thrilled to hear that a few people stepped back, took a few deep breaths, and truly thought it over, before making their choices.

Because facts are facts.
    The Lottery works just fine.
    People will ALWAYS have trouble getting tickets for the high demand shows(NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago). But if someone is able to plan their trips, and stay away from the high demand shows, the lottery works just fine. If people can stop themselves from putting GA as their 1st 4-10 choices, the lottery works just fine. But there are people who can not help themselves. There are people(friends of mine) who just cant fathom not putting in for all GA seats. And by doing so, they guaranteed themselves to get shutout.

That's pretty cool that you were able to help some people.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    i feel bad for the people who got shut out, but this was the easiest system 10c has had. i like how they try different techniques.
    i'd like to know, if they get the best seats for members, does that also include the best ADA seats too?
    because i was mid level at BACK of the venue last time.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    Like WavesLike Waves Posts: 18
    edited January 2016

i'd like to know, if they get the best seats for members, does that also include the best ADA seats too?
    because i was mid level at BACK of the venue last time.

*fingers crossed* I'm going to feel stupid if I paid way more than usual to sit in the same or worst wheelchair seats I usually get via the venue. That said, it'll probably be my last show so I'd feel more stupid for not at least trying.
    Have they sent you the payment invoice yet? Edit: just got mine.
    Post edited by Like Waves on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258
    I mostly agree. It's becoming glaringly obvious that the amount of tickets they get access to get is getting smaller. The lottery seems like the fairest way to allocate them. A few tweaks like a single draw for each show (hiding the fact you got GA until you pick up your tickets) might improve things a little, but overall it works.

My only concern is at this point the 10c may be overselling memberships. I know it's only for a chance for tickets, but it's becoming a slimmer and slimmer chance. They keep taking $20 for it. I don't think I've been part of any other fan club where it's this difficult to get tickets. Metclub, U2 etc.. are all a cakewalk compared to 10c :(
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,258

PeterED said:

Lottery seems very fair. ... I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!

One pair per membership would ensure that more members actually get tickets.
    I've been thinking about this a lot actually. After seeing so many people who lost every choice in the lotto etc... The thing I loved about Ten Club for a long time (post 2000) was that you could get as many shows as you wanted. I used Ten Club seats for every show I went to from 2003 to present except one (the added MSG show in 2003). But to see some people win 4-5 shows out of a short tour like this and some win NONE after entering for multiple shows, the one pair per membership would definitely make it "more fair," if people wanted it more fair. Of course all the rail riding die hards who go to every single show would hate it, but they could still search out extra single tickets, right? I'm ok with that as my days of going to lots of shows per tour are over. I could maybe hit 2 or 3 a tour if they played anywhere near me, and if I was all but guaranteed ONE of those were ten club tix I'd be content with that. Now being able to choose 1st 2nd 3rd choice and only get one might mean you get stuck with your last choice and it's the only show you get... but for some that's still an improvement over none.
    I think restricting to one show would change peoples selection behavior. You would actually enhance your ability to get tickets to a show but not selecting other shows. Ie if you chose New York and only New York you might have stronger odds of getting it. If you selected a bunch, you'll probably only get tickets to the least popular of your entire selection list. The one that would probably be easiest to get non-10c tickets too. Why would someone put a show from the South on their list if the knew it would prevent them from going to a show closer to home (ie the insanity that is tickets for NorthEast shows).

• Options
    SparkaliciousSparkalicious Vero Beach Posts: 39
    Great thread! I want to give a shout out to 10C as well. A few of us were having technical difficulties on Sunday when trying to edit our picks; we got totally shut out from the lottery with an "error" message that would not go away. I sent a frantic email to 10C on Sunday and got a response early that evening. They assured me they were working on the problem. By 7:00 PM the issue was resolved and those of us who were affected were able to get back in the lottery. I spent all day Sunday feeling sick and my husband was about to kill me but I never lost faith that they would work it out, and they did! They have helped me before when I had an issue with my membership renewal deadline that occured during a lottery. They have our backs and I am very appreciative. Thanks again 10 C!!!
  • Options

jordan k said:

That is also totally true! The prices barely changed at all since 2013.
    unless you earn a living in CAD dollars!!!
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    I give BIG THANKS to the PJ 10club...can only imagine the enormous effort it takes to pull off a PJ ticket lottery
    amongst all the other things they do for PJ fans.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,414
    Saltzy23 said:

Thank you 10C for giving a lowly 6 month member who's been a fan for half my life the chance to finally see this band from the GA at the Garden. I never thought I'd have the chance to experience it!

I'm just over a year here, though I've been a fan since I saw them in 1991 (didn't know who they were at the time, lol). After 25 years, I get to see them again in my hometown (Toronto). Had I not gotten my one choice, I'd be unhappy to be sure, but hope I'd still see this system as fair.

All sympathy to those who were shut out, if it's any consolation I won't be putting in for the rumoured second show here, in part because I got mine already (share the joy, lol).

Also, thanks to those who shared their wisdom on this matter, and helped keep folks (a bit more, lol) calm and rational.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    At first it looked like there were tons of people who got shut, got jumped in priority selections etc.. Like the drawing was potentially flawed. However, after seeing the thread of those who won and what their selections were, it looks like it ran as expected and those shut out are either the vocal minority or those that swung for the fences (knowing the odds) and just missed. I think there is still some room for tweaks but it's better than F5, and I always had success with F5. Just didn't like having to do it for 12 hours straight to get it. Well done
  • Options
    DeegzDeegz Posts: 64
    I couldn't be happier with 10c at the moment. I feel for the members who didn't get there choice of tickets but more tickets will be available through TM. It is a game of chance after all. I've fallen short of many shows but that's just the name of the game.

Good job 10c and good luck to members who will be trying tomorrow :D
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

1st time not securing hometown tickets from 10C; however, should that take away from the fact I've secured 10C to all those previous hometown (and then some) shows? Absolutely not. I'll still be in the building, I'll still enjoy the show, and I'll still continue to submit future entries. When you've been in the 10C for 20+ years and add up total membership dues vs. the experiences and memories made at past shows I feel as though I've cheated the 10C in a way. A minor bump on the road doesn't ruin an entire road trip.

A great post. An amazing post. A great fucking amazing post. A fucking amazingly great post.
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    "10C is here forever...muthaf*$%@" -WuTang
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    PeterED said:

Lottery seems very fair. ... I don't see how another system could be much better.

Thanks 10c!

One pair per membership would ensure that more members actually get tickets.
    So I should suffer the consequences because someone put msg ga for the first 2 priorities, msg reserved for the next 2, philly ga for the next 2, etc?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    I agree. The amount of work they must do to secure goes unrecognized to often. It's easy to crap on them when we don't score tix.

Thanks 10c and keep up the good work.

Now...off to the public sale and hope. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    today all will realise what great job 10c did and how great is lottery.
    with the clusterfuck of ticketmaster for shows like msg when u clik and u will wait like an hour and if u get tix u will see those nice seats at 401 section and with fees will be like 115 $ per ticket
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

with the clusterfuck of ticketmaster for shows like msg when u clik and u will wait like an hour and if u get tix u will see those nice seats at 401 section and with fees will be like 115 $ per ticket

I always appreciate the 10C seats more after I sit in regular seats.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,159
    We are experiencing higher traffic than usual. Your wait time is less than 45 minutes.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,078

Yup. This is why i love the 10c lottery. No hassle, no stress, no frustration (until you maybe don't win I guess). Just submit your choices and wait for the drawing.

Thanks again 10c! It may not be perfect but lottery seems like an extremely fair and easy system!