Options

U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Only a couple weeks away, I'm getting pumped! I sure do like the short turnaround time from the announcement to the show!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Does anyone know the procedure for getting in line for GA tickets? I hear you get to the arena early, get a number and then come back to get in line in the order predetermined by the draw. Does anyone know the timing of this? (ie, get a number around 3pm, back in line around 5:30pm?)

Taking my wife to her first Bruce show this Saturday in Pittsburgh. Bday present to me was upgrading from my normal upper level seat to GA floor.
  • Options

Does anyone know the procedure for getting in line for GA tickets? I hear you get to the arena early, get a number and then come back to get in line in the order predetermined by the draw. Does anyone know the timing of this? (ie, get a number around 3pm, back in line around 5:30pm?)

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/
    every answer you want to know is there
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548

http://www.backstreets.com/btx/
    every answer you want to know is there
    One thing that I read on the backstreets.com site in case you don't feel like joining the forum:

"Here's how it goes.

Take your GA ticket to the designated area outside the arena whenever during the afternoon of the show. Check your local time for cutoff times. You'll get a wrist band with a number on it. At a specific time a random person will be asked to pick a number out of a bowl/hat and that number is the #1 slot taken in to the pit. All numbers sequentially behind that number go in in sequence first after number 1. How many do they take? Depends from venue to venue. For those with GA's outside the pit numbers, they go in after. On the floor, but behind the pit."

It'll be my first at a Bruce show, and I have GA so we'll see how it goes. When reading further in the forum here was a secondary question:

"Here's my question: if I get in for the lottery, am I allowed to get my second wristband and then leave the arena? I'd like to hang out at a bar or eat an early dinner before the show and don't want to hang out in an empty area for three hours before the show starts.

Is that possible? Please let me know and sorry for the newbie question if this has been asked a million times. I looked around the board and couldn't find an answer to this specific question."

ANSWER:

"You only get your second wristband when you walk into the arena, your ticket is scanned, and you can't leave after that. You can leave if you don't make the pit lottery and you don't care if you are in the front of the GA. Your ticket is not scanned for a lottery wristband, usually marked with a sharpie so you can't get more than one lottery wristband. Don't forget the pit lottery is run by Bruce Inc not the facility."

Hope this helps. I'm sure I'll figure out more when I get there. Goodluck!

"Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Cool. Thanks Walking the miles
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Set List
    Meet Me In The City
    The Ties That Bind
    Sherry Darling
    Jackson Cage
    Two Hearts
    Independence Day
    Hungry Heart
    Out in the Street
    Crush on You
    You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    I Wanna Marry You
    The River
    Point Blank
    Cadillac Ranch
    I'm a Rocker
    Fade Away
    Stolen Car
    Ramrod
    The Price You Pay
    Drive All Night
    Wreck on the Highway
    Badlands
    Wrecking Ball
    Backstreets
    Because the Night
    Brilliant Disguise
    The Rising
    Thunder Road

Encore
    Rebel Rebel
    Bobby Jean
    Dancing in the Dark
    Born to Run
    Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    Shout

-----------------------

34 songs, 3 hours and 23 minutes. That's only the tour opener and they're just warming up.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I got shut out of PJ Toronto tix. So I'll trade one of my Bruce Toronto GA tickets for someone's extra Toronto GA PJ ticket. To even the deal they'll need to buy me a couple of beers or even up the ticket price. Anyone that's interested please pm. Thx.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    For my show, it states numbered wristbands will be distributed from 2-5. Do they run out of numbers, or do they hand out as many as needed between 2-5 so I can just show up anytime in that window? Trying to figure out if I need to go earlier than 2 to have a shot.
  • Options
    ^^Good question^^ . I've never been, I'd love to know. What show are you attending Suzie? Wondering if I should take the day off. My work is pretty close to the venue. Already taking the next day off.

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

For my show, it states numbered wristbands will be distributed from 2-5. Do they run out of numbers, or do they hand out as many as needed between 2-5 so I can just show up anytime in that window? Trying to figure out if I need to go earlier than 2 to have a shot.

My wife and I arrived at Consol Energy Center (Pittsburgh) around 3:30pm on the day of our show. The venue had apparently just run out of wristbands. Within 15-20 minutes, they had acquired more bands and started handing them out again. We were bands 1,050 and 1,051 and heard of people having numbers as high as 1,400+.

Just make sure they put your band on tight enough. My wife was worried all night that her band was going to fall off...made her much slower putting on/taking off her winter jacket, haha.

Not sure if the wristband allotment is the same for every venue but this was our experience. I'd imagine they'll have enough wristbands for everyone since this band was checked whenever we got in the arena and every time we left the floor area for the restroom/etc.

Have fun!
  • Options

Suziemay said:

My wife and I arrived at Consol Energy Center (Pittsburgh) around 3:30pm on the day of our show. The venue had apparently just run out of wristbands. Within 15-20 minutes, they had acquired more bands and started handing them out again. We were bands 1,050 and 1,051 and heard of people having numbers as high as 1,400+.

Just make sure they put your band on tight enough. My wife was worried all night that her band was going to fall off...made her much slower putting on/taking off her winter jacket, haha.

Not sure if the wristband allotment is the same for every venue but this was our experience. I'd imagine they'll have enough wristbands for everyone since this band was checked whenever we got in the arena and every time we left the floor area for the restroom/etc.

Have fun!
    Thank you! Do you know what number ended up being drawn for no.1?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

^^Good question^^ . I've never been, I'd love to know. What show are you attending Suzie? Wondering if I should take the day off. My work is pretty close to the venue. Already taking the next day off.

MSG tomorrow. I almost said MSG2, but MSG1 was postponed so I guess this is technically MSG1? I had planned to take the day off, but it's looking impossible unless I screw some people over at work which would not be cool.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Have fun!
    I think it was around 300 or so. Only 350 people were allowed in the inner pit in Pittsburgh so we hit a local bar until 6:30 instead of standing in the freezing weather for another hour. When we got in the arena we stood in the middle of the floor with no one around us. We moved to the back of the floor after The River was complete where there was plenty of room. I'm not a huge fan of being in tight crowds (hence reserved seats for PJ) and my wife was having trouble seeing over everyone.
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

MSG tomorrow. I almost said MSG2, but MSG1 was postponed so I guess this is technically MSG1? I had planned to take the day off, but it's looking impossible unless I screw some people over at work which would not be cool.
    Have a great time tomorrow!

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    It wasn't super organized (no signs) but in Pittsburgh separate lines for each 100 bands were created right before the winning number was drawn at 5pm. A line of people with number 1-99, a line for 100-199, 200-299 and so on. No clue is this is standard, but this was our experience.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Suziemay said:

Have a great time tomorrow!
    Thank you! Enjoy your show as well!
  • Options

Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Have fun!
    I think it was around 300 or so. Only 350 people were allowed in the inner pit in Pittsburgh so we hit a local bar until 6:30 instead of standing in the freezing weather for another hour. When we got in the arena we stood in the middle of the floor with no one around us. We moved to the back of the floor after The River was complete where there was plenty of room. I'm not a huge fan of being in tight crowds (hence reserved seats for PJ) and my wife was having trouble seeing over everyone.
    So they drew the first in line from the 1,400+, and if anyone who wasn't within 350 or so after that first number was pretty much not going in the inner pit, right? And #1 who came before everyone else was SOL

Hmmm, what to do, what to do...
  • Options
    Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Suziemay said:

Have fun!
    So they drew the first in line from the 1,400+, and if anyone who wasn't within 350 or so after that first number was pretty much not going in the inner pit, right? And #1 who came before everyone else was SOL

Hmmm, what to do, what to do...
    Yep, pretty much. Only the folks within 350 of the number drawn were in the inner pit. After that you were pretty much on your own. I heard the size of the inner pit varies from venue to venue so don't hold that 350 number as gospel.

On a positive note, Bruce has a little boardwalk thing that he goes out into the crowd with so even if you're halfway back on the floor, Boss will be up close and personal a few times during the night.
  • Options
    Rescheduled date for MSG in March!! I don't know if I can wait another 2 months!! :)

More dates announced, too:
    March 19 — Los Angeles, CA — Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (On Sale Jan. 29, 10 a.m.)
    TBD — Portland, OR — Moda Center (On Sale TBD)
    TBD — Seattle, WA — KeyArena at Seattle Center (On Sale TBD)
    March 28 — New York, NY Madison Square Garden Arena (Jan. 24 Rescheduled)
    March 31 — Denver, CO — Pepsi Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 3 — Oklahoma City, OK — Chesapeake Energy Arena (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
    April 5 — Dallas, TX — American Airlines Center (On Sale Jan. 30, 10 a.m.)
    April 7 — Kansas City, MO — Sprint Center (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 10 — Greensboro, NC — Greensboro Coliseum (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    TBD — Columbus, OH — Schottenstein Center (On Sale TBD)
    April 14 — Auburn Hills, MI — The Palace of Auburn Hills (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 18 — University Park, PA — Bryce Jordan Arena (On Sale Feb. 6, 10 a.m.)
    April 20 — Baltimore, MD — Royal Farms Arena (On Sale Feb. 5, 10 a.m.)
    April 23 & 25 — Brooklyn, NY — Barclays Center (On Sale Jan. 29, 11 a.m.)
    May 19 — Lisbon, Portugal — Rock in Rio Lisboa
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    Only Bruce would generate a tour at the last minute, say it's a quick run then mid tour double it in size and go to Europe

He's the best
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Just got GA for Barclays show Sat night April 23rd. At least I know I'll have some luck on TM today :smiley:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

Just got GA for Barclays show Sat night April 23rd. At least I know I'll have some luck on TM today :smiley:

Oh and while I would love to go to this show, not even going to lie, I would trade these to GA seats or good RES seats for PJ Philly 1, MSG 1 or MSG 2 :smile:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Would consider trading 2 floor tickets for the rescheduled show (3/28, MSG) for 2 MSG 1 PJ tickets
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Anyone have any extras to Bruce at MSG or BK?
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options

Anyone have any extras to Bruce at MSG or BK?

I have single GA for Bruce at Barclays each night to trade for PJ MSG GA either night...
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    good offer hope you get what you want for it
    im not interested in that though
  • Options
    One more sleep till Bruce is in the 6!

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Hey folks, what time has Bruce been hitting the stage? My ticket says 7:30pm start. I seem to remember he goes on about 30min after the start time on the ticket, but I can't remember for sure. Any help is much appreciated. Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Options
    In terms of GA, from what I can tell, they hand out bands up to 5PM? Have they run out of wristbands before 5pm? Do they only hand out a certain amount?

Barrie, ON '98
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options

Hey folks, what time has Bruce been hitting the stage? My ticket says 7:30pm start. I seem to remember he goes on about 30min after the start time on the ticket, but I can't remember for sure. Any help is much appreciated. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Hit the stage pretty much right at 8:00pm in Pittsburgh. The lights did not go down so don't look for that as an indicator. LOTS of people were still out in the concourses getting beers/etc.