Anyone want to shape up in 2018? A continuing journey.......

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    FoxyRedLa said:

How does that line go...??...one more stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight :lol:

true...haha..

slow and steady
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

im on fire wih this new diet..
    called the diet of the duck
    i eat all except duck!!!

But duck is delicious!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Dimi for fuck sakes :rofl: - you're horrible at this support idea haha

So I'm going to participate with this something 21 day challenge with the ladies at work. I'm not like all in on it but going to give it a go. It's portion control you have a couple few tupperwares and one is for meat one for veggie one for fruit and you can eat it as long as it fits in the corresponding bowl. I didn't purchase the program but gonna give it an effort.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    Oh and I meant to add that leggins aren't for everyone. Barf.
    FoxyRedLa said:

Oh and I meant to add that leggins aren't for everyone. Barf.

yup!

I see that 21 day fix all over...i bet it works well. I wonder if the two handfuls of chocolate covered cashews I crammed down my gullet today would fit in one of those small bowls. Meanwhile my pear is still at work, waiting for tomorrow
    Ants like crap, theres no food in the house
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I know it's winter and so this doesn't really help you guys, BUT!

My personal tip for smoothies is skip the ice, freeze the fruit!

There I helped.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Drank my 'nilla meal replacement drink this am.
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    I bought the kids an Xbox for festivus with the connect. We have been doing the Dance Party game quite a bit and my motives seem rewarded. The boys have to connect for twenty minutes before they play the brain drain games.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I got the ok from my cardiologist to exercise to increase my heart rate. My heart rate is sort of low. This isn't blood pressure or pulse, but more of heart electricity issue. . . or something like that. Anyway, not bad news.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    ldent42 said:

I know it's winter and so this doesn't really help you guys, BUT!

My personal tip for smoothies is skip the ice, freeze the fruit!

There I helped.

oh yeah! I buy my strawberries/blueberries from Costco...big bag from the frozen section, organic too! Put them in the blender, go work out, come back and they are just defrosted enough for my smoothies.

Still haven't been able to start, still fighting the stomach bug. Taking probiotics to see if it helps.
    Hey, lost 4 pounds now!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    edited January 2016
    Hope you're on the mend RK! Stomach trouble is the pits.

So far I'm on track. I'll step on the scale next week but my clothes are already fitting better. All I have done is be more aware of what I'm eating and cut out week night desserts. If I think of myself on a diet I'll just get all anxious about it and want to eat bad things all day.

My afternoon pm treat has also been replaced by a small apple or pear. Thank You Trader Joes for the perfect size fruit!!!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ill eat a salad today to support oir friends here
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Ill eat a salad today to support oir friends here

Yes, salad is excellent with pizza, I agree.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    FoxyRedLa said:

How does that line go...??...one more stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfq1YMXd8E
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    I'm on this new diet, well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm going to pass out I have a bite of cheese....lol.

thanks Dimi, you're a good supporter :lol:
    thank you for the well wishes Sprunkn!

Foxy...I'm a few stomach flus away from my goal weight!

- Christopher McCandless
    Excellent! One nice thing yes is your stomach shrinks and once you're better you can start fresh!
    edited January 2016
    I got my Tools4Wisdon planner today from Amazon. I love it but it's a bit heavy. Doubt I'll be lugging the thing around in my bag.
    Will work on writing out my yearly goals this weekend. Another chore but I hope it will keep me on track. Besides putting my weight and ideal healthy goals in there it will help with my PJ tour plans :yin_yang:
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
    Movie Star wars with nephew today
    So,,soda,popcorn,chips and bergers and gyro..we eat like pigs..lol
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Dimi,,,,come to USA tour so I can kiss your cute dimples. then I'm going to smack you for making me jealous!
    Sprunkn7 said:

Dimi,,,,come to USA tour so I can kiss your cute dimples. then I'm going to smack you for making me jealous!
    Haha...ok..its a date!!
    Running around like a mad woman for my moms 80th birthday weekend. Went out to dinner (x2) and lunch. Shared a brownie sundae (with three people, so thats not too bad right??) Not too worried since we spend yesterday walking in the city. Fitbit (yay got it to work again..cleaned all the connections and it started charging) says I went 15, 000 steps so no guilt here.
    Will be better on Monday...always on Monday!
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I do, I just really hate the steps you have to take to get there. Zero motivation. So I guess maybe next year :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    I woke up starving, read about David Bowie passing now I have no appetite. WTF
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I just stumbled on this thread and I love that you are trying to make changes and become more healthy, well done :)

Always be positive. I agree with Sprunkn7, by making small changes you will see results, don't look at it as a diet. Sprunkn7, that's awesome you are already fitting into your clothes better. Quite often just switching from your unhealthy daily snack to a healthy snack will drop excess weight over a few weeks. Try to remember treat foods should only be consumed 2-3 times a week. I have a rule in our house no treat food during the week. Treat foods includes all the foods we love to eat (chocolate, chips, lollies, cake, muffins, soda, icecream), all high in sugar and fat and these are the foods that put the weight on around our bellies, so if you reduce how much treat food you are eating, you start losing that weight around your belly :)

I'm studying nutrition at uni, I'm happy to put some tips and recipes on this thread. As well as answer any questions (via PM or on this thread). Please let me know if the information below is too detailed, and I can just give you tips without the reasons why.

Everyone who is trying to change their eating habits, keep up the good work :) it is hard to resist old eating habits, but you need to look at it as if you are making lifestyle changes to prevent disease like type 2 diabetes, cardio-vascular disease etc, as well as feeling great.

Today's tip: Water- drink water whenever possible, it can be plain water, water with fruits and herbs, for example try lemon or lime slices with mint and ice-cubes it is very refreshing, or iced tea (make your own). Try to stay away from soda and sugary energy drinks (1 can of Coke has 160 cal, and is equivalent to 2 standard glasses of wine, or 1.5 Reese cups - I know which I would prefer!), ditch the soda and keep those calories for the treats you really love). If you stop drinking soda you can encourage your children to drink less sugary drinks. The other excellent drink is a glass of plain milk or a fruit smoothie high in calcium and protein, the perfect drink after a workout because the protein helps build your muscles.

Today's recipe: Steak with corn, avocado and red pepper salsa (serves 2).
    Red peppers are high in Vitamin C, essential for many cell reactions and prevents ageing. When you eat Vitamin C with foods high in iron, such as lean beef, the vitamin C helps the body absorb the iron. Iron is important for transporting blood around our bodies.

Ingredients:
    Salsa
    1 medium red pepper
    1 corn cob
    1/2 medium avocado
    2 tablespoons fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
    2 teaspoons lime juice
    1 medium lime
    Optional: add fresh chilli, to your liking.
    Steak
    1/4 teaspoon olive oil
    7.75 ounces lean rump steak (remove visible fat)
    Green salad
    2 handfuls of lettuce or spinach leaves (washed)
    1 cucumber cut into slices
    1/2 green pepper cut into strips
    1/2 tablespoon white vinegar

Method:
    1. Steam corn cob on stove top for 15 mins. Remove from heat and allow to cool, then cut corn off cob and put it into a mixing bowl.

2. Chop pepper and into cube pieces (0.4 inches- I hope I've converted correctly), put into the mixing bowl with corn, chopped coriander/parsley and diced avocado (0.2 inches). Squeeze lime and drizzle juice over salsa.

3. Make green salad, put all ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix and drizzle over 1/2 tablespoon of white vinegar.

4. Rub steak with olive oil and season with black pepper. Heat frying pan and cook steak to your liking. Thinly slice steak.

5. Divide the salsa between the 2 plates and serve the steak on top of the salsa. Serve with a green salad (assorted lettuce/spinach leaves and cucumber),

I hope my information helps at least one of you. If anyone has a request for tomorrows tip I'm happy to fulfil.
  • Sprunkn7 said:

Really?
    So you went to bed hungry dreaming about this Bowie guy?
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Sprunkn7 said:

Really?
    sorry what you say is wrong it makes no sense at all

Sprunkn7 said:

Really?
    who said Sprunkin went to bed hungry? who said Sprunkin was dreaming about Bowie? Quit making assumptions and projecting your lies on others.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on