buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I like to watch stone's facial expressions when Ed starts acting up
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661

I like to watch stone's facial expressions when Ed starts acting up

They are pretty funny
  • Options
    I watched lukin from Detroit last year, today, :)
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783

I watched lukin from Detroit last year, today, :)

You're free!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    PJ Rumor blues bump
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    EB218946 said:

Nah this guy is a stud musically. Green River, Motherlove Bone and PearlJam what? nice resume bro. Please bring some crazy sh*t on the next albumn.

Don't forget Temple of the Dog, Brad, solo.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    stone is there for the music. not the show. i know this may sound odd but i go to shows for the music too.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

rival. said:

stone is without a doubt the most talented musician in the band. i think it's safe to say and almost guarantee he gets bored repeatedly playing most of PJ's live staples (DTE, evenflow, alive, given to fly, etc, etc, etc) which is interesting because at the same time he is the most thick headed in the band when playing their more obscure songs that hardly see any love live. his on stage debates with ed are classic and stone always wins. you would think he would be more willing to play some of those tracks we haven't been treated to live in a long time (looking at you binaural and riot act).

i don't think he is mailing anything in live. he just gets in a groove and let's mike and ed be the showman.

This.
    I remember interviews where he said if it were up to him he'd like to mix it up more than just playing the hits....
    Then...
    The No Way debate at PJ20 was classic. Not sure why Stone wouldn't want to play his own song. Everyone else was on board and he was like "nope".
    He lost that debate! hahaha
    he negotiate, win to win: they play PIL´s song and No way (eddie propose to play both )
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options

hey Stone you lonely?

• Options
    He kicked ass last night - but he did look lonely at times :)
  • Options
    I watched a video for 2004 where Stone actually smiled......
  • Options
    JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    I was in GA on Stone's side in Philly night 2 and I think he just gets lost in the music. He's an anchor to the band, and it's evident when they're on stage together. I don't think he's lonely at all, I think he's just really focused on the job he's there to do and he wants to do it as well as he can for the fans.
  • Options

I was in GA on Stone's side in Philly night 2 and I think he just gets lost in the music. He's an anchor to the band, and it's evident when they're on stage together. I don't think he's lonely at all, I think he's just really focused on the job he's there to do and he wants to do it as well as he can for the fans.

He is the genius behind this band....
  • Options
    JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    He is! I chose to be on Stone's side because I admire his creativity so much and wanted to try to take in what's going on up there when he's performing. The crowd interaction isn't his thing, but there's enough of that from Mike and Ed. I'm there to see them play.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,739

He is! I chose to be on Stone's side because I admire his creativity so much and wanted to try to take in what's going on up there when he's performing. The crowd interaction isn't his thing, but there's enough of that from Mike and Ed. I'm there to see them play.

I 100% agree. I always want to be on Stone's side mostly because I think he is a better guitarist and musician overall. But also because I can just get lost in the music over there without all the theatrics or dipshits trying to get that inch closer to Mike or one of his picks. Stone and Stone's side all the way. He's not lonely either, everyone comes to him. He knows what he's doing. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    I was just feeling ridiculous one day when I started this thread.....
  • Options
    From today's Chicago Tribune, "Bassist Jeff Ament and Drummer Matt Cameron responded with dynamic volleys of their own, leaving Stone Gossard as the conservative outlier who lacked the enthusiasm of his colleagues."
  • Options

From today's Chicago Tribune, "Bassist Jeff Ament and Drummer Matt Cameron responded with dynamic volleys of their own, leaving Stone Gossard as the conservative outlier who lacked the enthusiasm of his colleagues."

That was Sunday's paper
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    But his facial expressions give me life!
  • Options

That was Sunday's paper
    Makes sense - Stone sang a song by himself yesterday :)
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    DS80666 said:

I was about 4 back in front of Stone for 2 shows last year. Almost depressing at times watching him up there and then seeing what Mike is doing on the other side. It really feels at times that Stone doesn't want to be up there. I hope it's not the case, but it sure feels that way. I was in front of Mike for 1 show and its almost like a whole different concert is going on from that side.

That's more because Mike is a crazy person.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,543
    Stone is funny. He could be playing Go or Thin Air and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you could only see him and not hear the music. I think that is just Stone though. He's been like that for a long, long time and frankly the dude is Mr. Cool up there on stage.

I am a little surprised we don't get more musical output like we do from Mike. Every week you hear Mike doing something different with other bands and musicians along with scoring films.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

Maybe that reviewer just wasn't sophisticated enough to understand Stone's subtle style. Not everyone has to be the same. I've been on the rail in front of Stone. It was awesome.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    As others have said, I do believe he's in the zone. I actually love watching him get into his groove. And the facial expressions... Those are awesome. The smiles he cracks when Eddie is being funny. He's not a flashy guy, but that does not mean he's not into it or lonely.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Did Stone see his shadow today? If he did, a tour will be announced shortly.
  • Options
    Anyone who gets as much puss as Stone can't be lonely
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527

He and Jeff = the unsung heroes. Always.
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    DM282158 said:

He and Jeff = the unsung heroes. Always.
    Yep
  • Options