Paris Attacks

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

Eagles of Death Metal to play song with U2 either tonight or tomorrow this should be broadcast to all nations just to show these radical killers that Fucking Rock ain't going nowhere it's here for ever a big fuck you to all radicals of any religion or race ....

:clap:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    JimmyV said:

Eagles of Death Metal to play song with U2 either tonight or tomorrow this should be broadcast to all nations just to show these radical killers that Fucking Rock ain't going nowhere it's here for ever a big fuck you to all radicals of any religion or race ....

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited December 2015
    As someone who has avoided all coverage of this event - on purpose - it's sad to see how easily everyone's emotions are twisted up by this. It's 9/11 all over again. This world is fucked and that's why I am now a cat.

It may be a sad thing to live in ignorance. But man sometimes it's bliss. Tuning out all the politics by simply getting rid of the tv has helped me tremendously.

If you find yourself getting over run with emotion - it's by design. Yes these terrible things happened but they are exploiting it to fuel their purpose and gain from it. I see people justifying destroying full countries and cities over this.

Should China begin bombing Chicago because there's gang violence and guns? That's about as logical as our military getting involved here. It's France's problem to deal with, not the God fearing men of the USA military.

Back to a cat now.
    Meow
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

It may be a sad thing to live in ignorance. But man sometimes it's bliss. Tuning out all the politics by simply getting rid of the tv has helped me tremendously.

+1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Well said justagirl!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • As someone who has avoided all coverage of this event - on purpose - it's sad to see how easily everyone's emotions are twisted up by this. It's 9/11 all over again. This world is fucked and that's why I am now a cat.

If you find yourself getting over run with emotion - it's by design. Yes these terrible things happened but they are exploiting it to fuel their purpose and gain from it. I see people justifying destroying full countries and cities over this.

Should China begin bombing Chicago because there's gang violence and guns? That's about as logical as our military getting involved here. It's France's problem to deal with, not the God fearing men of the USA military.

Back to a cat now.
    Meow

You had me right up to 'back to a cat now'.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Monsieur Trente, je suis chat!
  • hedonist said:

This is a thread about the horror of the Paris Attacks.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

hedonist said:

This is a thread about the horror of the Paris Attacks.
    Whoa whoa WHOA. That's what it's about?

Lay off the thread-police role already.
  • London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    Finally...Salah Abdeslam, Paris terror suspect, captured.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

Finally...Salah Abdeslam, Paris terror suspect, captured.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited March 2016
    And now Belgium...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/511cf974eea64581814f9777a40f0fd6/explosion-heard-brussels-airport

This article is on the level of sophistication in the Paris attack

http://www.aei.org/publication/what-we-do-and-still-dont-know-about-the-paris-attack/

We know the ringleader was hiding out in Belgium with a very sympathetic network giving him shelter
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    8 of 10 terrorists were European citizens
  • JC29856 said:

What conclusions can you draw from this?
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited March 2016

JC29856 said:

What conclusions can you draw from this?
    That we're failing to properly integrate foreign cultures into our societies? They may be citizens but they clearly feel no love or loyalty for the countries they inhabit or their fellow citizens. My friend came to Ireland as a Bosnian Muslim refugee when she was 8. Her family integrated into Irish life and she now feels as Irish as she does Bosnian or Muslim. Clearly this is not always the case.

Having said that, it's a lot trickier when the country in which you have gained citizenship is attacking and killing people in your native or ancestral country, a problem we never have here
    Post edited by jnimhaoileoin on
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    This is astounding. A senior French politician has revealed that the tax laws of France entitle a citizen to make a charitable, tax-deductible donation to the Israeli army. As the French politician Nathalie Goulet observes: “This represents a tax benefit by the French taxpayer for the benefit of a foreign army.”
    Or put more bluntly still, French citizens are being encouraged through the tax system to subsidise an illegal, belligerent occupation of the Palestinians by the Israeli army. It underscores the sheer hypocrisy of the French government as it claims to be trying to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through “peace-making” at the United Nations.
    - See more at: http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2016-03-28/frances-tax-subsidy-on-gifts-to-israeli-army/#.dpuf
    JC29856 said:

This is astounding. A senior French politician has revealed that the tax laws of France entitle a citizen to make a charitable, tax-deductible donation to the Israeli army. As the French politician Nathalie Goulet observes: “This represents a tax benefit by the French taxpayer for the benefit of a foreign army.”
    Or put more bluntly still, French citizens are being encouraged through the tax system to subsidise an illegal, belligerent occupation of the Palestinians by the Israeli army. It underscores the sheer hypocrisy of the French government as it claims to be trying to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through “peace-making” at the United Nations.
    - See more at: http://www.jonathan-cook.net/blog/2016-03-28/frances-tax-subsidy-on-gifts-to-israeli-army/#.dpuf

Is there a reason why this is in the "Paris Attacks" thread?
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

I suppose he thinks it speaks to motive?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

No,it just gives him another opportunity to take a shot at Israel.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

A thing like that certainly could contribute to motive though....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

You can't talk about motive, that makes you a terrorist apologist and an America hating circle jerker.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

You can't talk about motive, that makes you a terrorist apologist and an America hating circle jerker.
    Oh, okay, sorry. :loser::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

It really all depends how you frame things. It's significant to acknowledge motive at some point, but when you present such material in a way that the reader is inferring you feel the blame ultimately lies elsewhere... then you most certainly come across as somewhat of an apologist.

Don't you think?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    rgambs said:

PJ_Soul said:

rr165892 said:

BS44325 said:

JC29856 said:

Cmon Gambsy,it's Liberal American Hating Circle Jerker.
    And 30 nailed it.Its not motive but excuses that bring it to that level.
    Eagles of Death Metal were just banned from a couple of French music festivals due to Jesse Hughes' post-attack views and personal eyewitness reports...

http://www.lefigaro.fr/musique/2016/05/20/03006-20160520ARTFIG00200-eagles-of-death-metal-rock-en-seine-annule-leur-concert.php

"In a brief communique, the Parisian [music] festival as well as the Cabaret Vert and Rock en Seine decided jointly to cancel the shows of the American group. Due to the recent political statements made by the leader of the group, Jesse Hughes.
    "In complete disagreement with the recent statements made by Jesse Hughes.... the fesivals Cabaret Vert et Rock en Seine decided today to cancel the concerts of the group which were planned this summer." The message is clear. The American group had draw the thunder of many organizers after the singer Jesse Hughes had made the conspiracy-theory and racist claims in regard to the attacks of 13 November. May 14th, Jesse Hughes responded to questions of the very conservative Taki's Magazine. An interview in which he reaffirmed his claims made last march on Fox Business in which he accused the personnel of Bataclan of complicity with the terrorists.

If he recognized having had "huge problems for having said that the Bataclan security was in cahoots with the terrorists," he remains persuaded "that they were there earlier in the day. I remember one of them staring at one of my buddies. I had just take it for Arab jealousy." To this was added claims even more doubtful about the Muslim community.

The statements which had not at all pleased the orgaizers of the festivals Rock en Seine and Cabaret Vert, the only two to have scheduled The Eagles of Death Metal this summer. Now maybe awaiting more cancellations..."

So... not only do radical islamists get to shoot up one of their shows but they also get to silence EODM due to their post-attack insensitivities.

No defender of a musician's right to speak should be ok with this. I look forward to hearing Pearl Jam's statement condemning this repression of free speech shortly.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I'd be paranoid too if I survived a massacre. He probably has PTSD
    Jason P said:

Is he paranoid, is did a witness to the massacre legitimately see one of the shooters in the venue earlier in the day??? If the latter, then that is pretty important info, no?
    Jason P said:

Is he paranoid, is did a witness to the massacre legitimately see one of the shooters in the venue earlier in the day??? If the latter, then that is pretty important info, no?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Who knows? I'd replay something like that over and over and over in my mind. Try to make sense of it all ...

Have authorities ever said how men with machine guns were able to walk in and take position yet? What security was in place?