Paris Attacks

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

Not the same.We don't indoctrinate them to kill in school and at such a young age.They live by medevil type rules,with barbaric shit.For all our faults We are NOTHING like that.

no, we have a group of guys in nevada who go home every night after killing folks with drones.

we also have a military that garners over 50% of our nations budget and of that , hundreds of millions is spent on advertizing.

Same barbaric shit, just different clothes.
    I recently learned through John Oliver that the military is actually arranging and paying for many of those live sports presentations where the stadium or arena honours military service. You know when they haul out flags, have soldiers sing national anthems or drop the puck, etc etc? The lottle ceremonies before games and at halftimes that pluck at the heart strings and get the nationalistic American hearts warm? Planned and paid for by Uncle Sam! Not that's some clever propaganda!
    Sick. I believe that the US military and government are in full swing brainwashing of the population mode.
    I would love to drop bombs from drones on isis for my day job.
    It would be fantastic.
    I am happy to see the US recognize their military at public events - shows that they are equals.
    I don't believe for a second PJsoul that you would say these things to a service member.
    I guess you don't know me very well, lol. Sure I would (and have!). Why wouldn't I?? I don't consider what I said a personal insult towards service members. It's an insult towards the military complex.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2015
    rr165892 said:

Cmon PJ,your better than that.

(*you're)
    Are you talking to me?
    If so, Wtf are you talking about? Better than what? Recognizing propaganda when I see it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited November 2015
    rr165892 said:

Mickey,are you fucking kidding me.A drone pilot is not a 7 year old beheading someone.And the human excrement they target are deserving.
    Pretty typical response though for some on here.I should be used to it by now.You guys can't critique the terrorists without coming back with a jab at the Americans.Its almost like you got relative over there or something.Makes me wonder.

Sure, the ones they target are...sometimes. Sometimes they are AP journalists, first responders, children, etc. Then there are those who weren't targeted but are in the wrong place at the wrong time, they must be considered as well.

The jab at America's responsibility in creating terrorism is absolutely necessary to keep in check the bullshit rhetoric that gets shoved down every American throat who comes into minimal contact with the MIC and the politicians, businesses, and dumbass neocons.
    Glossing over our responsibility in creating this problem only furthers the agenda of those who would have the status quo maintained.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambsy,yes of course there will be collateral damage.Thats a given.And it's sad.We have discussed many times over the years The west responsibility in what is the present day Middle East and North Africa.I couldn't agree more about our copeability in how this whole thing came to be.And we have blood on our hands that is what we are feeling the effect of now.

My point to Mickey and anyone else is that why the fuck does everyone feel they need to counter EVERY single posts hats negative about ISIS with a negative post about America?Why must. This be justified? It sounds like those saying that are excusing the actions of the Islamic fundamentalists and blaming their actions on us.Thats bullshit,and not nescessary.We have plenty to be ashamed of,but lots to be proud of.I for one get sick of the soft ass excuses.

And yes PJSoul I was talking to you.You have a very similar take to Callen on that.I just don't agree with you.that is all.
    Interesting.... I don't at all get the impression that anyone is ever excusing the actions of ISIS. Never.
    PJ_Soul said:

Interesting.... I don't at all get the impression that anyone is ever excusing the actions of ISIS. Never.

Maybe not excusing but projecting blame on others,definitely.
    rr165892 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Maybe not excusing but projecting blame on others,definitely.
    Again I disagree. Not projecting blame, or deflecting. I think there is simply enough blame to spread around without taking what's deserved away from any guilty party.
  • PJ_Soul said:

When a post intent on criticizing ISIS is quickly and habitually countered with 2-3 posts explaining why the US ultimately bears the responsibility for ISIS... this presents, at a minimum and without question, the optics of a justification.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

When a post intent on criticizing ISIS is quickly and habitually countered with 2-3 posts explaining why the US ultimately bears the responsibility for ISIS... this presents, at a minimum and without question, the optics of a justification.
    I have never had the impression. Justification?? No way. An ultimate cause of the problem? Perhaps. I personally don't buy into that because it's too simplistic, but it's certainly a piece of the large puzzle.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    edited November 2015
    Adding to that, I also think people are reacting like that because they are inspired to go into defense mode against all the Islamophobia and xenophobia (not in support of ISIS) which has been very, very hard to take in recent weeks. It's been quite upsetting IMO. If some people are unintentionally overcompensating for that, I can barely blame them.

PJ_Soul said:

Fucking A 30. You are a beacon of common sense,always.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    How many of the attackers are still on the run? I read a really interesting article today how these guys get their weapons through the black market. Scary stuff.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

How many of the attackers are still on the run? I read a really interesting article today how these guys get their weapons through the black market. Scary stuff.

Well the illicit arms trade trade is the 3rd biggest illicit market in the world, and is largely fueled by the biggest illicit market in the world: drugs.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    rr165892 said:

Mickey,are you fucking kidding me.A drone pilot is not a 7 year old beheading someone.And the human excrement they target are deserving.
    Pretty typical response though for some on here.I should be used to it by now.You guys can't critique the terrorists without coming back with a jab at the Americans.Its almost like you got relative over there or something.Makes me wonder.

rr165892 said:

Having served myself. , my brother my neice. My father. Defending the constitution of the united states. The chief right being critical of my government. Its not only a right but a civic duty.

You are goddman right I will shout our role in creating this mess. It doesnt mean I excuse their behavior. It means I start with us and our accountability.

Think as you wish. It is your right.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Having served myself. , my brother my neice. My father. Defending the constitution of the united states. The chief right being critical of my government. Its not only a right but a civic duty.

You are goddman right I will shout our role in creating this mess. It doesnt mean I excuse their behavior. It means I start with us and our accountability.

Good.And many thanks for your service.And yes it is our duty to question.But we don't have to use it as a crutch after every Islamic Fundamentalist comment.That is my point.
    rr165892 said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Good.And many thanks for your service.And yes it is our duty to question.But we don't have to use it as a crutch after every Islamic Fundamentalist comment.That is my point.
    I'm not sure I'm clear on what your concern is now. What do you mean by crutch?
    I think that the us vs them mindset is a problem that deserves constant attention, since the the "them" is too often Muslims rather than terrorists. I think the reminders of the west's accountability might work as a bit of a counterbalance that is actually necessary to preventing hysteria (just a theory).
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Well the illicit arms trade trade is the 3rd biggest illicit market in the world, and is largely fueled by the biggest illicit market in the world: drugs.
    If drugs are #1 what is number 2? Human trafficking?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

I think so. Human trafficking/prostitution.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

Not the same.We don't indoctrinate them to kill in school and at such a young age.They live by medevil type rules,with barbaric shit.For all our faults We are NOTHING like that.

no, we have a group of guys in nevada who go home every night after killing folks with drones.

we also have a military that garners over 50% of our nations budget and of that , hundreds of millions is spent on advertizing.

I recently learned through John Oliver that the military is actually arranging and paying for many of those live sports presentations where the stadium or arena honours military service. You know when they haul out flags, have soldiers sing national anthems or drop the puck, etc etc? The lottle ceremonies before games and at halftimes that pluck at the heart strings and get the nationalistic American hearts warm? Planned and paid for by Uncle Sam! Not that's some clever propaganda!
    Sick. I believe that the US military and government are in full swing brainwashing of the population mode.
    It would be fantastic.
    I am happy to see the US recognize their military at public events - shows that they are equals.
    I don't believe for a second PJsoul that you would say these things to a service member.
    I guess you don't know me very well, lol. Sure I would (and have!). Why wouldn't I?? I don't consider what I said a personal insult towards service members. It's an insult towards the military complex.
    This makes no sense.
    So the complex is ok to insult just not the people in it?
    Weak
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Actually, it's counterfeiting (hi everyone who owns illegal bootlegs!). Human trafficking is high in the list though. Number 4 I think?
  • Human trafficking.

Think about that. This shouldn't even be a term let alone an epidemic.

Nothing is safe: if it isn't a black rhino... it's a f**king 8 year old girl.
  • Human trafficking.

?
    Not following....
    edited November 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

It would be fantastic.
    This makes no sense.
    Weak
    No, the complex is run by people. But troops aren't making those decisions. A serviceman/woman has nothing to do with the military paying for propaganda at sporting events. However, since you brought it up, service members aren't infallible and they aren't voiceless weaklings without a voice of their own either. I don't think they require us to handle them like they are delicate flowers, and I don't think they need you defending them. This idea that no one can ever criticize the military just because members of the military go to war is not just stupid. It's dangerous, too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Weapons.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

It would be fantastic.
    This makes no sense.
    Weak
    No, the complex is run by people. But troops aren't making those decisions. A serviceman/woman has nothing to do with the military paying for propaganda at sporting events. However, since you brought it up, service members aren't infallible and they aren't voiceless weaklings without a voice of their own either. I don't think they require us to handle them like they are delicate flowers, and I don't think they need you defending them. This idea that no one can ever criticize the military just because members of the military go to war is not just stupid. It's dangerous, too.
    I realize that our sidetrack is off topic perhaps a different thread should be started.
    On that note I will respond to your post
    I am not defending them - they definitely do not need defending.
    Criticize the elected govt not the military.
    Military intervention is directed by the wishes of the people who are not in uniform.
  • Human trafficking.

?
    Not following....
    Humans are ruthless. We don't discern- we get everything chasing dollars.
    mickeyrat said:

ldent42 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

Weapons.
    No, counterfeit.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    rr165892 said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

rr165892 said:

Your post talked of recruitment to kill. We do same exact shit. We indoctrinate patriotism from early age. So that when we grow up we are willing to fight to protect our herd.

It's how leaders convince an individual to sacrifice their life. Powerful shit. Leaders are neutered without their sacrificial pawns.

So see that flyby? Propaganda in its simplest form. Same as the ISIS guy saying how bad we are.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

mickeyrat said:

rr165892 said:

It would be fantastic.
    This makes no sense.
    Weak
    I realize that our sidetrack is off topic perhaps a different thread should be started.
    On that note I will respond to your post
    I am not defending them - they definitely do not need defending.
    Criticize the elected govt not the military.
    Military intervention is directed by the wishes of the people who are not in uniform.
    I consider them one in the same. The military is under the command of the government. Criticize them both.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Eagles of Death Metal to play song with U2 either tonight or tomorrow this should be broadcast to all nations just to show these radical killers that Fucking Rock ain't going nowhere it's here for ever a big fuck you to all radicals of any religion or race ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....