Scream Hello // Bring Pearl Jam Back to Budapest 1996/2017

KrisztiKriszti Posts: 16
edited August 2016 in The Porch
... my god it's been TOO long, we ALWAYS dreamed you'd return!!!!
We are Hungarian fans, you can find us at www.grungery.hu and follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/grungery/?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/Scream-Hello-Bring-Pearl-Jam-Back-to-Budapest-19962016-1501279263505581/?fref=ts
Post edited by Kriszti on

Comments

• Beautiful city. I spent a few days there before the Vienna and Berlin shows last year. Another visit along with a PJ show would be amazing.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    I wouldn't mind; it's close enough. I would have an excellent reason to visit Budapest for the first time.
  • That would be awesome. I believe the Arena would be full (12000 attendance).
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,916
    I would love to go back to Budapest and if PJ were there too, even better!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • I was on the concert in 1996...but it was soooooo long! Please come back to Budapest, again! ;-)
  • Thank you guys for the nice words! <3 We’ll do everything in our power to convince the band to come to Budapest.
    We’ll keep you updated with new events and developments!
    Looking forward to welcoming you all in our beautiful hometown!
    XOXO
    Krisz

• EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,822
    Wouldn't say no to a visit. This Hungary Strike has gone on long enough!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • 1996 was very-very far... I travelled a lot for different concert through whole Europe.... I saw Pearl Jam too in many countries... It would be great to see my favorite band in my hometown again, after 20 years and welcome the fans from different parts of the world... Althugh I'm sure that I will be visit another location too.... :-) I'm quite sure that there is no other country which was visited by the band before and has to wait so long... ;-)
  • Damn I hate that joke, but in this case we are the hungry Hungarians in deed and we had enough of Hungary Strike! :D Keep your fingers crossed! :D
  • mikevenflowmikevenflow Budapest, Hungary Posts: 9
    Hi Friends,

here we are, the Hungarian fans. After 20 years, we would like to invite Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt, Boom and their fantastic tour team to our beautiful and historical capital, Budapest.

As Kriszti mentioned, we created a Facebook page ('Scream Hello // Bring Pearl Jam Back to Budapest 1996/2016 - http://on.fb.me/1OF1Ulb) we started to build up our community and after the first 3 days joined us more than 1000 Pearl Jam fans. Unbelievable. All of us wants to see the band in Hungary again. We started to launch some secret initiative by fans for seeing our biggest heroes, Pearl Jam. A lot of surprise will come from us to you. ;)

I am the editor in chief of one and only Hungarian Seattle rock blog Grungery.hu. We are a totally independent blog, without any ads or business viewpoints. We have one common motivation: writing interesting post about Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, Malfunkshun, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Mudhoney and other Seattle based icons.

In this summer we organized a ten days grunge tour in Seattle and we had a fantastic experience with Kevin Wood and Malfunkshun in Everett, Washington. We wrote a lot of posts about or experiences (Moore Theatre, Benaroya Hall, Crocodile, Discovery Park, etc.) in Hungarian language but next week we are going to share with you our first surprise: an exclusive interview with Eddie's very close friend about a secret Pearl Jam show from the past. In English of course.

This is our 'thank you very much' for your kindly, absolut positive and supportive comments. It means a lot to us. Please support our initative, our Facebook site (http://on.fb.me/1OF1Ulb) then come to Budapest in 2016 and scream together to Eddie, Stone, Mike, Jeff, Matt and Boom: HELLO!

Kindly regards,
    Miklós
  • NanouNanou Posts: 191
    I've just liked my first Hungarian page on Facebook. :tongue:
    It was a historical moment, thank you very much Nanou! ;)
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    Would love to see them play Hungary.
  • Bring ME back to Budapest!
  • lilingerlilinger London, UK Posts: 475
    Here's another hungry Hungarian supporter!
    Bring them back! ;)
    I am forever grateful to this band for giving us their ALL every single night and offering me such a wonderful gift - MUSIC, music that allows me to feel all that I want to feel, music that makes me strong in times of weakness, music that gives me joy in times of sorrow - SammieBlack
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,942
    Please please come back to Hungary... to Bugyi / Karakószörcsök / Büdösbütykös or Budapest, no matter.
    just
    BRING THEM BACK!!!
    budapest.arnhem.antwerpen.vienna.madrid.katowice.nova_rock.nijmegen.rotterdam.berlin.dublin.belfast.london.venice.prague.stockholm.copenhagen.vienna.leeds.milton_keynes.padova.
    prague.seattle1.seattle2.chicago1
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    eddiec said:

Would love to see them play Hungary.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    I hope you guys get a show! Good luck.
    Is there a quality bootleg from the last Budapest show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Thanks Guys! (y) Yes, I have a bootleg from Budapest show, 1996. I am going to send a link to you and share it here. Give me some hours, I'll be back. :)
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Yes please...any PJ Euro show in 2016 would be welcomed...maybe London too?soon I hope...
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • KrisztiKriszti Posts: 16
    Dear Friends!
    We may have disappeared for a while, but we are still working hard on convincing the band to come back to Budapest after 2 decades. Now obviously it looks like this won’t be happening this year, so I changed the name of the topic. Miklós (chief editor of the largest Hungarian grunge blog called Grungery – Sound of Seattle) has met some very interesting people lately, if you happen to know Hungarian (I know …) you can read interviews with, Mudhoney or with Zoli Téglás the Hungarian frontmen of Ignite, also reviews about Mark Lanegan’s, Chris Cornell’s or Monster Magnet’s European shows, etc. You can also find articles about Temple of the Dog, Duff McKagan, Kurt Cobain etc. In case you don’t speak our language, than just go through the blog, you will find some very enviable photos.
    I promise to come back with some updates shortly, until than keep your fingers crossed for us!
    Love
    Kriszti
    edited September 2016
    Looks like there will be a huge Pearl Jam festival in Budapest this weekend. Some dedicated musicians teamed up to celebrate the 25th birthday of legendary album Ten.
    If you are in town don’t miss the party at Dürer kert this Friday (09.16.)!
    See you there!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/505147456343008/
    Love
    K.
  • Such a beautiful city (at least the parts I saw)...I can't believe they don't play it more.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Play Budapest you pussies!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    its the omly country,of central europe i never been...i wish they play one day
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • its the omly country,of central europe i never been...i wish they play one day

Well, that's a shame Dimitri! ;-) Even PJ hs been here once! :-))
    Lets hope that both the band and you can visit us the sooner the better! :-)
  • Such a beautiful city (at least the parts I saw)...I can't believe they don't play it more.

Yes, right? Thank you for the nice words, Skull!
  • NHidingNHiding Posts: 1,899
    Couldn't agree with this any more if it was even possible!! LOVE Budapest!!
    edited September 2016
    This is how yesterday’s tribute party looked like. The place was completely SOLD OUT!
    PEARL JAM: BUDAPEST IS WAITING FOR YOU!
    The rest of the images here: https://www.facebook.com/durermusic/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1285825078103721