Chris Cornell - North American Tour Fall 2015

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Very quick

Fantastic. Pre-drinks were at bat to watch football. Dude w/ longer hair sits next to me w/ headphones on. Odd, but I watched ball and yelled at TV. Guy was Brian.

Fell on Black Days w/ Cello is A fucking plus

Crowd, was great. Small theater where drinks could be brought to seats. No obnoxious people.

River of Deceit is great...whole show was great. He seemed very happy to play York, PA. He expressed his love of the Northeast of the country.

No Jesus Christ Pose, no tease...didn't need it. Great show
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

Fantastic. Pre-drinks were at bat to watch football. Dude w/ longer hair sits next to me w/ headphones on. Odd, but I watched ball and yelled at TV. Guy was Brian.

Oh shit! So did you end up talking to him or just did your thing and then realized that was him during the show?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    FrankieG said:

Oh shit! So did you end up talking to him or just did your thing and then realized that was him during the show?
    Had no idea until he walked on stage. Should have hit Philly or Wilkes-Berre and I'd have known :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    If anyone has tickets to the upcoming Phoenix show, let me know. Stubhub is outrageous.
  • PJ212PJ212 Posts: 811
    Saw the show in Atlanta last night. I have a renewed fascination and appreciation for his voice. It's like a sip of perfectly aged bourbon, sweet and slightly stinging and warms me up from the inside :).
    I never realized how funny and jovial he his. He made jokes about the Atlanta Symphony Hall looking like a set piece from Return of the Jedi. I loved all the arrangements with his cello player too. Great night.
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    PJ212 said:

Saw the show in Atlanta last night. I have a renewed fascination and appreciation for his voice. It's like a sip of perfectly aged bourbon, sweet and slightly stinging and warms me up from the inside :).
    I never realized how funny and jovial he his. He made jokes about the Atlanta Symphony Hall looking like a set piece from Return of the Jedi. I loved all the arrangements with his cello player too. Great night.

I love that description :)
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    PJ212 said:

He must really like making star wars jokes. At the Strathmore bethesda MD show he was talking about the "box seats" and how they look like the pods from the jedi council and was telling people not to have "too much illigal fun in them" since you can't really see into them or something along those lines. He also said something about chewbaka but I can't remember what it was.

Must really enjoy his star wars :lol:
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    edited October 2015
    Saw him at the Ryman on Tuesday night. Awesome. I can't say it any better than this:
    PJ212 said:

We saw a couple of people recording. I wonder where we could find a good audio recording of the show.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935
    I attended the meet and greet, it was nice but short, then a friend got me a VIP ticket and had the chance to go to the after show, talked with Cornell for at least 20 mins, he gracefully signed my posters and talk about music, SG history, personal stories, etc, it was nothing short of amazing.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
    edited October 2015
    arq said:

I attended the meet and greet, it was nice but short, then a friend got me a VIP ticket and had the chance to go to the after show, talked with Cornell for at least 20 mins, he gracefully signed my posters and talk about music, SG history, personal stories, etc, it was nothing short of amazing.

So awesome, Jose. Drooooooooling with envy. I've seen him 5x so far on this tour, 3 more to go...Maybe he will acknowledge my sign by the 8th show lol.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    arq said:

Were you able to breathe when you spoke to him? You seemed pretty wired after the meet & greet, lol.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • arqarq Posts: 7,935

arq said:

Were you able to breathe when you spoke to him? You seemed pretty wired after the meet & greet, lol.
    You know me, I ramble, shake and faint, in that order.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    In Miami Thur night.Chris had his wife,kids,in laws at the show.Said he now lives in Miami most the year,and loves it.so this is a hometown show.
    I thought that was awesome.Fantastic show
  • dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    I am going to see him Saturday in Houston. Is there an opener? What time has he been coming on?
    dr122931 said:

I am going to see him Saturday in Houston. Is there an opener? What time has he been coming on?

Hemming has been opening, but I don't see her on the bill for Houston. Doesn't mean she isn't. You should call the venue to find out.

At the shows I went to, Hemming opened right at show start time (whatever time it says on your ticket). She played for 30 minutes and Cornell came on about 30 minutes later, give or take a few minutes. So about an hour after the start time printed on your ticket.
    Suziemay said:

dr122931 said:

Hemming has been opening, but I don't see her on the bill for Houston. Doesn't mean she isn't. You should call the venue to find out.

At the shows I went to, Hemming opened right at show start time (whatever time it says on your ticket). She played for 30 minutes and Cornell came on about 30 minutes later, give or take a few minutes. So about an hour after the start time printed on your ticket.

Thanks. I checked heming's website and it lists she's opening for Chris. Don't know anything about her. Is she good?
    dr122931 said:

Suziemay said:

dr122931 said:

Thanks. I checked heming's website and it lists she's opening for Chris. Don't know anything about her. Is she good?
    I liked her enough to listen to her for 30 mins. Just her and the guitar on stage, gotta respect that. She's got a great voice, I just wish she didn't try to "force" it so much but I think she's young so I'm sure she will only get better. I know most people on here who went loved her (think someone started a Hemming thread recently) and the dude sitting in front of me in Boston bought her new record off iTunes right after her set :)

Chris said he wasn't even going to have an opener but when he heard her perform, he decided she was too good not to have her on tour with him.
    Just added St Louis (The Sheldon) on Dec 18. Tix on sale this Friday.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    She sounds like the chic who sang for The Cranberries.That kinda tone
    I have two tickets for sale in Houston. orchestra, row V. face value, I think it was like 188/pair. let me know if interested - text 7132014506
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    TFlyer said:

PJ212 said:

He must really like making star wars jokes. At the Strathmore bethesda MD show he was talking about the "box seats" and how they look like the pods from the jedi council and was telling people not to have "too much illigal fun in them" since you can't really see into them or something along those lines. He also said something about chewbaka but I can't remember what it was.

Must really enjoy his star wars :lol:
    I was in Bethesda too and thought that was pretty accurate joke. How about the lady in the Blue Dress? She just kept on typing away....
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Got tickets to the st.louis show this morning. Dang computer froze up when I was midway into first set of tickets. Lucky I got seats at all I guess, settled for balcony seats after losing first set. Later found out the wife has tickets to see Amy Schumer that same night. Sure hope we can sell those.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    The Houston show was bad ass! So good! Wow!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos said:

I was there too, he was definitely in top form. The Houston audience brought it. It was the loudest crowd (in a good way) of the 6 shows I went to.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    edited November 2015
    Suziemay said:

red mos said:

I was there too, he was definitely in top form. The Houston audience brought it. It was the loudest crowd (in a good way) of the 6 shows I went to.
    Very cool you where there! I had never been to that venue before, it's very nice! I hope the show got recorded, would love to hear it again! Who was the opener? I thought she was great too, and yeah the crowd was amped up and super loud last night. Chris was definitely feeding off our energy, as we were on his.
    Post edited by red mos on
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    red mos said:

Suziemay said:

red mos said:

Very cool you where there! I had never been to that venue before, it's very nice! I hope the show got recorded, would love to hear it again! Who was the opener? I thought she was great too, and yeah the crowd was amped up and super loud last night. Chris was definitely feeding off our energy, as we were on his.
    Opener was Hemming. Chris said at one of the shows that he was originally not going to have an opener but was introduced to Hemming and she was so good that he couldn't not have her open. Something like that.
    Some pictures from Houston:

• petrimppetrimp Finland Posts: 161
    Suziemay said:

Cornell on Jimmy Kimmel tonight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPL-nTs-ZuU
    hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Did they really bump Matt Damon? Is that what he said? That seems odd.