Chris Cornell - North American Tour Fall 2015

Comments

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Thx for the tidbits suziemay! I'm grateful you're a geek :wink. I love the little chatter between songs and my heart swelled a little when he mentioned Mike. I totally agree that Bryan Gibson was so amazing. I had goosebumps in unmentionable places during fell on black days. :blush:
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 321
    Anyone have an extra for Tampa?
  • TFlyerTFlyer DMV (dc,md,va) Posts: 881
    Going to the show tomorrow night in Bethesda MD! Can't wait, it will be my first solo Cornell show :rock_on:
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    TFlyer said:

Going to the show tomorrow night in Bethesda MD! Can't wait, it will be my first solo Cornell show :rock_on:

Have an awesome time, every show sounds like it's been amazing.
    I can't wait to see Chris in Australia in December.
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    samjam said:

Really want to go see him in NYC, but also trying to save $$, and I've seen him before solo....what to do, what to dooooo

Got a great deal on a ticket, even better that my $ is going to charity. Can't wait for Sunday!! :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
    samjam said:

samjam said:

Really want to go see him in NYC, but also trying to save $$, and I've seen him before solo....what to do, what to dooooo

Got a great deal on a ticket, even better that my $ is going to charity. Can't wait for Sunday!! :)
    So happy for you Sam! Have a great time! I haven't gotten serious yet about trying to find a last minute ticket for NY yet. Probably will just dream about it. I've got 2 kids with birthdays this week (turning 16 and 8). $$$ going to presents, cakes, dinners etc.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164

samjam said:

samjam said:

So happy for you Sam! Have a great time! I haven't gotten serious yet about trying to find a last minute ticket for NY yet. Probably will just dream about it. I've got 2 kids with birthdays this week (turning 16 and 8). $$$ going to presents, cakes, dinners etc.
    I say this with love: from your posts going back to the presale, it's very clear that you need to be at the Beacon show. The best gift you can give your kids is show them how to be happy and that its ok to do something nice for yourself every now and then. Maybe one/both may even want to go with you! :)

So DO IT! I'm sure prices on Stub Hub will start dropping and also keep checking TM, you never know there could be be a ticket drop.
  • WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 561
    I think I might have an extra for 10/19 if anyone needs
    So it looks like I'm going to the Beacon after all! Thx so much Sam for being so awesome! I'm so grateful! Sunday can't come fast enough now. :smile:
    samjam said:

samjam said:

5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • In reference to the State Theatre show, or really any show on the tour, how is the crowd? I stopped going to EV solo shows because of how much yelling and random bullshit people yell in between songs and even during the end of songs. There is nothing more embarrassing or annoying then someone yelling "I love you" or yelling a song request, OVER the artist as they are trying to talk. There are entirely too many meat whistles at EV shows. Are Cornell shows as bad?

In reference to the State Theatre show, or really any show on the tour, how is the crowd? I stopped going to EV solo shows because of how much yelling and random bullshit people yell in between songs and even during the end of songs. There is nothing more embarrassing or annoying then someone yelling "I love you" or yelling a song request, OVER the artist as they are trying to talk. There are entirely too many meat whistles at EV shows. Are Cornell shows as bad?

I've seen Eddie solo 1x and I think there was about the same amount of yelling and ridiculousness at that show and the NJ Cornell show. I agree it's annoying but they both handle it well. Mostly people were yelling out requests, maybe a couple of random "I love you's". Before the show the people behind us were really loud. I was happy they settled down once he came on.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    9/26/15 New York City
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden

So it looks like I'm going to the Beacon after all! Thx so much Sam for being so awesome! I'm so grateful! Sunday can't come fast enough now. :smile:

samjam said:

samjam said:

:clap::clap::clap:

In reference to the State Theatre show, or really any show on the tour, how is the crowd? I stopped going to EV solo shows because of how much yelling and random bullshit people yell in between songs and even during the end of songs. There is nothing more embarrassing or annoying then someone yelling "I love you" or yelling a song request, OVER the artist as they are trying to talk. There are entirely too many meat whistles at EV shows. Are Cornell shows as bad?

I've been to Cornell solo acoustic shows spread across 4 tours at this stage. In NY area at least, seems like the crowd is generally more respectful than at EV shows. Not sure why EV solo shows have started attracting the bros who are going for drinks every 5 minutes (and then going to pee every other 5 minutes) and hi-fiving each other and talking loudly. For the occasional nutjobs at the Cornell shows, I think Chris handles them pretty well. My favourite was at the Sandy benefit at the Bowery Ballroom in 2012, some chick kept yelling as he was covering Springsteen's Thunder Road "BLACK RAIN! SING BLACK RAIN NOW!" and she wouldn't shut up. The crowd started yelling at her and Chris just goes on singing and at some point during the song he worked into the lyrics "Shut the fuck up you cow" and kept on going. That was pretty much the most annoying person I've experienced at a Cornell show and it ended up being pretty entertaining :).

I should also caveat that I generally try to be within the first 10 rows specifically because the fewer people in front of me, the less bs I have to deal with. I don't care what happens behind me. So I can't speak to how the rest of the crowd is.

I think you should go if you're thinking about it :)
    Anybody else on here going to the show tonight?
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Wife going to Oklahoma to visit her dad. Have an extra for Miami now. If anyone interested send me a pm.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Suziemay said:

I've been to Cornell solo acoustic shows spread across 4 tours at this stage. In NY area at least, seems like the crowd is generally more respectful than at EV shows. Not sure why EV solo shows have started attracting the bros who are going for drinks every 5 minutes (and then going to pee every other 5 minutes) and hi-fiving each other and talking loudly. For the occasional nutjobs at the Cornell shows, I think Chris handles them pretty well. My favourite was at the Sandy benefit at the Bowery Ballroom in 2012, some chick kept yelling as he was covering Springsteen's Thunder Road "BLACK RAIN! SING BLACK RAIN NOW!" and she wouldn't shut up. The crowd started yelling at her and Chris just goes on singing and at some point during the song he worked into the lyrics "Shut the fuck up you cow" and kept on going. That was pretty much the most annoying person I've experienced at a Cornell show and it ended up being pretty entertaining :).

I should also caveat that I generally try to be within the first 10 rows specifically because the fewer people in front of me, the less bs I have to deal with. I don't care what happens behind me. So I can't speak to how the rest of the crowd is.

I think you should go if you're thinking about it :)
    I was actually discussing this today with a fellow concert and I think alcohol has everything to do with it in combination with the fact both Eddie & Chris are rock out loud arena guys most of the time. So I think most of the audiences may drink a lot and expect to rock loudly. I last saw Chris at the beautiful Carnegie Hall in NYC and there was no alcohol allowed in the auditorium area which perhaps made a difference.
  • StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850

There was an idiot at Massey Hall who kept yelling "you fucking rock" and "play sunshower" all night long. There's always people who want to be heard at acoustic shows. I was hoping they'd throw him out
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
    I actually really liked the opener. Not "much" idiotic screaming mainly people looking at phone screens. Chris even called a girl out on it. Will post full recap tomorrow after work. Need sleep now
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    Chris Cornell-State Theater-New Brunswick, NJ 10/12/15 River of Deceit-Mad Season Cover, Doesn't Remind Me-Audioslave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvGkMwbRWo&feature=youtu.be
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    TFlyer said:

I actually really liked the opener. Not "much" idiotic screaming mainly people looking at phone screens. Chris even called a girl out on it. Will post full recap tomorrow after work. Need sleep now

NICE poster...
    Do you know who the artist is??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• dr122931dr122931 Posts: 455
    edited October 2015
    Deleted - tickets sold.
    Post edited by dr122931 on
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Anyone have extras for Philly or NYC?
    derbydave said:

TFlyer said:

NICE poster...
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    TFlyer said:

derbydave said:

TFlyer said:

NICE poster...
    Thanks buddy!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Setlist from last night in MD
    Before We Disappear
    Can't Change Me
    Moonchild
    The Times They Are A-Changin' Back
    (Bob Dylan cover)
    As Hope & Promise Fade
    Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
    Fell on Black Days
    (Soundgarden song)
    Thank You
    (Led Zeppelin cover)
    You Know My Name
    River of Deceit
    (Mad Season cover)
    Sweet Euphoria
    Doesn't Remind Me
    (Audioslave song)
    Blow Up the Outside World - Sarcasticly dedicated to girl who was texting most of the show
    (Soundgarden song)
    Let Your Eyes Wander
    Call Me a Dog
    (Temple of the Dog)
    To Love Somebody
    (Bee Gees cover)
    Sunshower
    Worried Moon
    Rusty Cage - Dedicated to Johnny Cash
    (Soundgarden)
    Black Hole Sun
    (Soundgarden)
    Like a Stone
    (Audioslave)
    Ave Maria
    (Franz Schubert cover)
    Nothing Compares 2 U
    (Prince cover)
    Wooden Jesus
    (Temple of the Dog)
    Encore:
    Hunger Strike
    (Temple of the Dog)
    Josephine
    Billie Jean
    (Michael Jackson cover)
    Higher Truth

It was a great night, excellent mix of new and old. I was really happy to hear so many Temple Of the Dog songs. They also played some Mother Love Bone over the speakers before the show actually started which I enjoyed. There were two idiotic bros in front of me who kept talking loudly and laughing during Hemming's set and really didn't care about the people around them. They sort of shut up later on but they did laugh every once and a while when Chris was on. There was more of this than any senseless yelling really.
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    There were a couple obnoxious drunks in Chicago, but it was pretty good for the most part.
    Forgot to mention no drinks were allowed in the actual performance auditorium last night. That's probably why there were no drunks. :lol: They were also very strict about photos/video for the most part but sort of gave up at the end
    How are the new songs? I'm loving Higher Truth.
    edited October 2015
    Philly last night was great too! New Brunswick is still tops for me, but maybe because it was the first show this tour and I was caught by surprise how good the strings sounded. He also didn't seem as chatty, but maybe because I didn't take as many notes :)

*Chris said he woke up in the morning not feeling very well, then corrected himself and said he doesn't wake up in the morning :lol:

*He gave a couple in the front row shit for coming in a little late. He had been talking about the empty seats so I could already see that coming. They had a sign on the back of a dinner menu to explain so he had some fun with that

*He was generally very into signs and people shouting random things, probably more than I would have liked because that just encouraged more and more people to try to get his attention which I thought was disruptive. The woman next to me spent the last 20 mins of the show waving something at him that she wanted him to sign.

*He kept mentioning being stuck in Philly traffic lol

*He did the One mashup which sounded pretty good, especially since I don't think that's been on rotation this tour. Someone kept yelling it out so he obliged

*He said he still doesn't know the words to All Day Long, I guess he keeps hearing it yelled out because he improv-ed something in New Brunswick

*He did his Dylan reboot (The Times They Are A-Changin Back). When he introduced it, he starts saying he was going to do a Dylan cover, which wouldn't be weird because he's such a good lyricist and that's why people do covers, then he starts cracking up because he then said and he rewrote the lyrics, but not because they were bad lyrics. And then I think he gave up explaining

*Someone in front asked if Prince has sued him yet. He didn't have a microphone on, but I thought he said something like buying one of those baby Bjorns to strap Prince on. Maybe to sing together? Oh dear lol. I'm not sure why he's always on Prince for being so little but I'm ashamed to admit that I find it amusing. Hopefully it doesn't blow up into a thing with Chris now covering Nothing Compares 2 U because I really like Prince too

*He called Rusty Cage sort of a cover which was funny

*He has a song called Worried Moon from Higher Truth. Random thought, maybe he can figure out a way to mash it with Yellow Moon. Or Harvest Moon. Or both

*The new songs sound really good live now that I've had a second round of them. I especially like Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart with the mandolin and Let Your Eyes Wander.
    Post edited by Suziemay on
    Suziemay said:

Philly last night was great too! New Brunswick is still tops for me, but maybe because it was the first show this tour and I was caught by surprise how good the strings sounded. He also didn't seem as chatty, but maybe because I didn't take as many notes :)

*Chris said he woke up in the morning not feeling very well, then corrected himself and said he doesn't wake up in the morning :lol:

*He gave a couple in the front row shit for coming in a little late. He had been talking about the empty seats so I could already see that coming. They had a sign on the back of a dinner menu to explain so he had some fun with that

*He was generally very into signs and people shouting random things, probably more than I would have liked because that just encouraged more and more people to try to get his attention which I thought was disruptive. The woman next to me spent the last 20 mins of the show waving something at him that she wanted him to sign.

*He kept mentioning being stuck in Philly traffic lol

*He did the One mashup which sounded pretty good, especially since I don't think that's been on rotation this tour. Someone kept yelling it out so he obliged

*He said he still doesn't know the words to All Day Long, I guess he keeps hearing it yelled out because he improv-ed something in New Brunswick

*He did his Dylan reboot (The Times They Are A-Changin Back). When he introduced it, he starts saying he was going to do a Dylan cover, which wouldn't be weird because he's such a good lyricist and that's why people do covers, then he starts cracking up because he then said and he rewrote the lyrics, but not because they were bad lyrics. And then I think he gave up explaining

*Someone in front asked if Prince has sued him yet. He didn't have a microphone on, but I thought he said something like buying one of those baby Bjorns to strap Prince on. Maybe to sing together? Oh dear lol. I'm not sure why he's always on Prince for being so little but I'm ashamed to admit that I find it amusing. Hopefully it doesn't blow up into a thing with Chris now covering Nothing Compares 2 U because I really like Prince too

*He called Rusty Cage sort of a cover which was funny

*He has a song called Worried Moon from Higher Truth. Random thought, maybe he can figure out a way to mash it with Yellow Moon. Or Harvest Moon. Or both

*The new songs sound really good live now that I've had a second round of them. I especially like Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart with the mandolin and Let Your Eyes Wander.

Wow sounds like an amazing night. Thanks for posting