PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
edited December 2015 in A Moving Train

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on

Comments

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    "Race bickers???
  • "Race bickers???

constantly throwing in race or religion in politics (bickering back and forth)
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I don't know a lot about Carson except that he's a retired neurosurgeon with no political experience. That's probably why he would make a comment like this when other candidates would be less likely to, even if they feel that way. If he thinks a Muslim president wouldn't be in line with the Constitution, he needs to brush up on his reading. The Constitution says there's no religious test for the president.

My impression is that most of his support at the moment is due to his not being a career politician. Some people think he'll bring a fresh perspective. The little I've heard from him hasn't impressed me. I'm sure he's a smart guy but he doesn't strike me as a leader.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • CH156378CH156378 Posts: 1,539
    Dude is a fucking weirdo.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    CH156378 said:

Dude is a fucking weirdo.

This place could use a "+1", "Like", or "Up/Down Vote" feature!

+1
    Up Vote
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Ben Carson is the favorite of the "hey look, I'm Republican but I'm not racist" folks.

Ben Carson is the favorite of the "hey look, I'm Republican but I'm not racist" folks.

:lol::lol:
    I shouldn't laugh because it's true. :lol:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Ben Carson is (or was) a tremendously great surgeon and a terrific movie was made about him called "Gifted Hands". But Carson is not a politician (let alone presidential material. His views represent a narrow range of voters. He has never held a public office.) He's just more noise on the air waves.

Stick to what you're good at, Dr. Carson. Surgery.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    ben carson, the new herman cain.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    i am waiting for him to roll out the 8-8-8 plan.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426
    If you can swear or affirm to uphold the constitution and actually do that , I dont give a shit WHAT you believe.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • ben carson, the new herman cain.

That's not Cain? I thought he changed just his name to Carson… My bad...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Muslims seem to be the new Black in the USA. :fearful:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

That's a pretty powerful statement.
  • EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,995
    mickeyrat said:

If you can swear or affirm to uphold the constitution and actually do that , I dont give a shit WHAT you believe.

I agree. Totally.
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697

PJ_Soul said:

That's a pretty powerful statement.
    What about black Muslims ???
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Enkidu said:

mickeyrat said:

I agree. Totally.
    +1
  • I'm surprised he didn't answer , we already have a Muslim in office
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

I'm surprised he didn't answer , we already have a Muslim in office

He left that comment to Trump.
  • I'm surprised he didn't answer , we already have a Muslim in office

He left that comment to Trump.
    yeah no doubt ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    sometimes I just have to shake my head in disbelief, I am happy and grateful you folks don't run this country, this reminds of the old adage "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it"

Godfather.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

sometimes I just have to shake my head in disbelief, I am happy and grateful you folks don't run this country, this reminds of the old adage "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it"

Godfather.

Does that mean you agree with Mr. Carson?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

Godfather.

I'm sorry I don't know much about him, but if does not believe a muslim should be president I'll agree with that. I'm pretty much open to anybody for president ...just not a muslim person and besides I don't see America letting any openly muslim person become president. good grief man the office of president is no joking matter despite who we have now.

Godfather.

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

rgambs said:

Godfather.

I'm sorry I don't know much about him, but if does not believe a muslim should be president I'll agree with that. I'm pretty much open to anybody for president ...just not a muslim person and besides I don't see America letting any openly muslim person become president. good grief man the office of president is no joking matter despite who we have now.

Godfather.

So you actually object to the idea of a Muslim being president? May I ask why?
  • We have a Muslim in the White House now so your argument is invalid

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

their laws and customs are a great concern.

Godfather.

• rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think it's time to reread the bible.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

But do you not think that they would uphold the laws and constitution of your land as they swear to do upon becoming president?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2015

rgambs said:

Godfather.

Godfather.

Godfather.

I think it's time to reread the bible.
    The punishment for Apostasy should be no ones belief.

We have a Muslim in the White House now so your argument is invalid

I saw a picture of him kneeling down to pray in muslim mosaque (excuse my spelling) and thought that was weird.

Godfather.