Pearl Jam Vs. X Japan. Finals. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-vs-x-japan-best-live-band-finals/
Lets attempt this guys. Make sure to be voting every hour if you can.
Lets take X Japan out.

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Im voting every hour.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    This is probably the only time you'll see PJ with the lead
    I miss igotid88
  • Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    After defeating very tough opponents Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Green Day, and now Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam have made the finals in the best live band competition. Their opponent in the finals, X Japan, have beat every band by at least 70% and most people on the Loudwire message boards expect them to win big again against PJ.
    Many Loudwire links, including the link to their best live band poll are plastered all over X Japan's webpage, giving them a HUGE advantage against all other opponents the entire competition. Also, X Japan's bracket was VERY weak compared to PJ's. So needless to say, X Japan and Loudwire have what seems to be a very good business relationship which was key to getting them to the finals...
    That being said, how about PJ Nation show Loudwire and X Japan how good of a relationship Pearl Jam have with their FANS.
    How about we overcome the 'I hate PJ' Facebook page that has been rallying their people to vote against PJ this whole competition, let's overcome all the pj haters on the metal dominated Loudwire message boards, let's take down the X Japan/Loudwire business venture...
    How about we throw a monkeywrench in ALL their plans!

Vote once an hour...
    Use multiple devises...
    Spread the word...
    Make people tired of hearing you...

#votepj
    #thetruebestliveband

St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    X Japan beat Tool?

• Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Man, I cannot believe I am actually going to be pissed that a band I like is going to lose to a band I have never heard of before, and by all accounts suck ass in some stupid online tournament....but I am.

Something must be done to prevent this from happening dammit!

This is like Pearl Harbor Part Deux....
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Done my bit for this hour! Thought about taking a screen shot before Japan wakes up and it all goes horribly wrong!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    demetrios said:

X Japan beat Tool?

They've been dominating every one they go against. They will likely beat PJ
  • korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 914

Done my bit for this hour! Thought about taking a screen shot before Japan wakes up and it all goes horribly wrong!

Exactly...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163
    Yes, everyone vote! These guys have been destroying all the other bands so far. Remember, its 1am in Japan, that is the only reason we have the lead. Once they wake up, there will be a major swing
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

Yes, everyone vote! These guys have been destroying all the other bands so far. Remember, its 1am in Japan, that is the only reason we have the lead. Once they wake up, there will be a major swing

Hey! let us enjoy this monster lead while we can. :smile:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,483

demetrios said:

X Japan beat Tool?

but they WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Voted. 76.08!
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Malroth said:

demetrios said:

X Japan beat Tool?

but they WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM.
    That's the spirit !!

Lol
    That was great speech, I just voted.

Dang Japanese people, I swear !!!

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    we are not gonna let the hairdresser of japan to win
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

we are not gonna let the hairdresser of japan to win

And that's the only reason they are winning. It's because of that beautiful hair.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    It's an online vote, so really the band with the most exposure and rabid online fan base is going to win (so it's really not a vote about who is the best live band, but who has the fans that will vote the most).

We've got an early lead but it just started. It may have not trickled down to the X Japan die hards yet.

Maybe I should give X Japan a listen?
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    went from 82% to 70
    I miss igotid88
    Zod said:

It's an online vote, so really the band with the most exposure and rabid online fan base is going to win (so it's really not a vote about who is the best live band, but who has the fans that will vote the most).

We've got an early lead but it just started. It may have not trickled down to the X Japan die hards yet.

Are you a sadomasochist? Looking for a good reason to off yourself? Enjoy Asians screaming incoherent babble for 12 minute ballads?

Well then, have I got the band for you my friend!

Do we really need THREE separate threads for this?

• ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    Saltzy23 said:

Zod said:

Are you a sadomasochist? Looking for a good reason to off yourself? Enjoy Asians screaming incoherent babble for 12 minute ballads?

lol they're that bad?
    Saltzy23 said:

Yes, this is serious. Do you really want X Japan to win ? We have to do all we can to defeat them. I personality hope that all the sleeping Japandroids don't wake up... at least until the contest is over. And you can be sure that I will not be eating any Asian food as a means of protest, until it's all over.
    Most of
    Saltzy23 said:

Zod said:

Lol
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Saltzy23 said:

So these got merged together, but the 20+ 2013 Bootleg Box set threads weren't. Grrrr.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    must be sunrise in Japan! We are fading!
  • JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited August 2015
    Oceans 98 said:

After defeating very tough opponents Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, Green Day, and now Iron Maiden, Pearl Jam have made the finals in the best live band competition. Their opponent in the finals, X Japan, have beat every band by at least 70% and most people on the Loudwire message boards expect them to win big again against PJ.
    Many Loudwire links, including the link to their best live band poll are plastered all over X Japan's webpage, giving them a HUGE advantage against all other opponents the entire competition. Also, X Japan's bracket was VERY weak compared to PJ's. So needless to say, X Japan and Loudwire have what seems to be a very good business relationship which was key to getting them to the finals...
    That being said, how about PJ Nation show Loudwire and X Japan how good of a relationship Pearl Jam have with their FANS.
    How about we overcome the 'I hate PJ' Facebook page that has been rallying their people to vote against PJ this whole competition, let's overcome all the pj haters on the metal dominated Loudwire message boards, let's take down the X Japan/Loudwire business venture...
    How about we throw a monkeywrench in ALL their plans!

Vote once an hour...
    Use multiple devises...
    Spread the word...
    Make people tired of hearing you...

#votepj
    #thetruebestliveband

Or we could realize this is a pointless poll designed to drive traffic to someone's website, and the results actually mean absolutley nothing.

I felt bad after said this, went to vote, and voted. Instantly a target add covered my entire screen. Yep, this is bull shit. Someone's getting rich laughing all the way to the bank.
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    Probably, Just a girl, but X Japan sucks.
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Saltzy23 said:

yes obviously THREE is vital
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Dude, Asian-American please...