Options

Pearl Jam Vs. X Japan. Finals. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542

The way they just took off and how the divide keeps growing this wide.. it screams to me that there is some computer type dude on their side running a script. It's really not hard for a computer script to open up a web page and click a button. You put a timer on it to run once an hour all day and night... and if you run it through some proxy servers to change the IP address each time and then it can vote a bunch of times.. once an hour all day and night.

I think its kind of pathetic that someone would do that for an online poll but given how easy it would be for someone to do.. it clearly looks like that is what is happening in this instance.

What is more pathetic....creating an automatic voting bot for a meaningless online poll or actually going to the site every hour for a week to vote manually for a meaningless online poll?
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I'm really getting tired of this poll !!!

I haven't eaten any Asian food since the voting started !! My will is being tested
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    any bot invalidates the whole things so don;t even worry about it, the fact JAP x is in the finals and NOT Metallica makes it a pretty worthless poll anyhow
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    So they mentioned this on twitter today. Doesn't seem to have helped much!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    bazzer said:

So they mentioned this on twitter today. Doesn't seem to have helped much!

waited too long
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    well ya it ended today thanks for the help PJ lol
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    The x japan are like the one direction for all those young women and guys i guess in Japan, i read where they are voting with bots? lol. We all know who is the best live band ever! Pearl Jam has nothing to fear from teeny bopper Japanese kids, lol.
  • Options
    I hear Global Citizen is considering dropping PJ for X-Japan.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Did we win ??
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    ugg doubled up by that crap...
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I hear Global Citizen is considering dropping PJ for X-Japan.

I'm sure it's because of how much more sharply dressed X Japan is. Or it could be because their hair styles area definitely better
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
  • Options
    just so happens X Japan is coming out with a new album next year...rigged.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options

just so happens X Japan is coming out with a new album next year...rigged.

Give it a rest. We got destroyed. Like every other band. Deal with it.
  • Options
    give it a rest? I was just saying. No we actually didn't get destroyed like every other band. Every other band was at like 25% on the second day. for some reason we couldn't even go up 1% on the second day after X Japans first round of votes.We just slowly kept going down. Seems a bit rigged if you ask me is all i'm saying. ive dealt with it. Pearl Jams still the better live band i'm pretty over it so don't tell me to give it a rest for just stating my opinion.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Don't take the bait Gard.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    Wasnt this just an online poll? Why has this been dominating the facebook pages and here?

Isn't best live band subjective? eg. we probably all think Pearl jam are the best (or near the top anyway), other people dont. Does anyone really care if they won this or have i totally missed something?
  • Options

Wasnt this just an online poll? Why has this been dominating the facebook pages and here?

Isn't best live band subjective? eg. we probably all think Pearl jam are the best (or near the top anyway), other people dont. Does anyone really care if they won this or have i totally missed something?

i dont think anyone really cares...it would of just been cool to win. but hey we pretty much did win because who is X Japan to anyone around here anyways?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, I think it's just a random distraction. You know, for fun. Just because people are talking about it, it doesn't mean they are actually taking it seriously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    You can't argue if PJ is left off a greatest or best list if a poll we can control bothers you.
    I miss igotid88