Options

Pearl Jam Vs. X Japan. Finals. Loudwire. Best Live Band. Vote Now.

Comments

• Options
    SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
    Can't believe we're getting our ass kicked WHITEasianSNAKE...... :)
    Love is all you need.....
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    We can still make this close before they wake up. With the FB post that might come, we can take it.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,183
    SEACIDE said:

Can't believe we're getting our ass kicked WHITEasianSNAKE...... :)

How can you not be surprised? Any online vote that allows multiple voting is a sham because it's open up to manipulation. In this case the bands with the craziest/stubborn fan base is going to win. They've got an army revoting all night long.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "War's over, man. X Japan dropped the big one."
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 163

Pearl Jam 42.21....ooo we got hit real hard....k what do we do?

what's the email address you used earlier? Maybe I and a few others can email them and ask for it to be posted

I know it's a meaningless poll but I am really enjoying myself trying to win this thing. Like someone said earlier, it's just as fun trying to make x Japan lose to stick it to their fans as it is trying to get PJ to win. X Japan already dominated a previous poll for who has the most loyal fans. There were a total of 10 bands and they had more votes than all the other 9 bands combined.

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

Stick your head in between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    info@tenclub.net
  • Options

Nothing.. lol... I'm just about given up. Yesterday we were a few percentage points south of 50% and we couldn't even get it back to 50% voting all day long. Once Japan wakes up we get crushed.

It's crazy that a band with a decently large global following is getting beat by a band with a very localized following. They must have a very online devoted fanbase.
  • Options
    chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    I just turned wifi off on my phone and voted on home computer and then again on my phone, now where is mrs 48's hand bag?
  • Options
    Zod said:

Nothing.. lol... I'm just about given up. Yesterday we were a few percentage points south of 50% and we couldn't even get it back to 50% voting all day long. Once Japan wakes up we get crushed.

It's crazy that a band with a decently large global following is getting beat by a band with a very localized following. They must have a very online devoted fanbase.
    Send a simple email to the ten club, let them know to post it to Facebook. I sent one as well. They passed along the information
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited August 2015
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,412
    we have about 3 hours to make it close again
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JUST A GIRLJUST A GIRL Posts: 372
    edited August 2015
    Double post sorry
    Post edited by JUST A GIRL on
  • Options
    Loud wire must be loving all this free publicity. Hope we can win but it's pointless anyway.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

we have about 3 hours to make it close again

Good luck. I think it took all day yesterday to get it from around 46ish percent to 49 percent. Now there's a whole lot more total votes and we were/are sitting around 40%. You probably need 6 times as many votes as we did yesterday to move it to 50%. The longer the vote goes on the harder it is to change the result.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I'm just going to keep on voting so they know they were in a hard fight. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Kat said:

I'm just going to keep on voting so they know they were in a hard fight. :)

Kat, pull some strings and get this on social media lol
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Down 18 pts cmon folks
  • Options
    come on Pearl Jam post it on facebook already
  • Options
    be awesome if they did it on the last day and we just destroyed them lol
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    RIP all chances of winning
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    To be honest, I could care less about polls like these. I was just in it for one thing. As far as i'm concerned the game was over after knocking out the Grohl band.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    Couldn't care less.

Sorry. :blush:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcrok said:

To be honest, I could care less about polls like these. I was just in it for one thing. As far as i'm concerned the game was over after knocking out the Grohl band.

haha ya that made me happy enough to
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul said:

Couldn't care less.

Sorry. :blush:

Maybe they could care less. We aren't actually sure
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    The way they just took off and how the divide keeps growing this wide.. it screams to me that there is some computer type dude on their side running a script. It's really not hard for a computer script to open up a web page and click a button. You put a timer on it to run once an hour all day and night... and if you run it through some proxy servers to change the IP address each time and then it can vote a bunch of times.. once an hour all day and night.

I think its kind of pathetic that someone would do that for an online poll but given how easy it would be for someone to do.. it clearly looks like that is what is happening in this instance.
  • Options
    Aren't the PJ fans doing what the X Japan fans doing? Voting multiple times to get their favourite band as the winner?

PJ is obviously a better band, but I must be missing something here. Why the venom spit at opposing fans for doing fan things? Would it be fair for RHCP fans to essentially call PJ fans a bunch of dorks for placing some energy into advancing their band?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Aren't the PJ fans doing what the X Japan fans doing? Voting multiple times to get their favourite band as the winner?

PJ is obviously a better band, but I must be missing something here. Why the venom spit at opposing fans for doing fan things? Would it be fair for RHCP fans to essentially call PJ fans a bunch of dorks for placing some energy into advancing their band?

Yah it's why voting systems that allow multiple votes aren't entirely fair. As I've mentioned in previous votes it's more about the tenacity of the bands fans than any kind of authentic result. It still sucks to see PJ lose, but X Japan must have a super hardcore fanbase to get the kind of voting they do.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Guys they're smarter than us. They've obviously got that shit automated. I can't even remember to go vote every hour. We still got some time though. Keep fighting the good fight.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435