On The Road Again or In My Truck v.2.0

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mickeyrat said:

So, I now owe the Wayne Couty courts $2300. Because its no longer required in that county to have physical signage posting seasonal weight restricted roads.

TWENTY THREE FUCKING HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?!?!???? :tired_face:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,414
    imalive said:

mickeyrat said:

So, I now owe the Wayne Couty courts $2300. Because its no longer required in that county to have physical signage posting seasonal weight restricted roads.

TWENTY THREE FUCKING HUNDRED DOLLARS?!?!?!?!???? :tired_face:
    Yep. Local road
    Temp weight restriction. No signs reflecting the restriction.
    Fuck Michigan.

Company paid half.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    You still on the road?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Yep. Saw a black bear last week. Took a video to pull screen shotsm posted over at adbook.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:

Yep. Saw a black bear last week. Took a video to pull screen shotsm posted over at adbook.

Last night my company attempted to give me a load that weighed....Your gonna laugh!!

51,815#

Really?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

mickeyrat said:

Last night my company attempted to give me a load that weighed....Your gonna laugh!!

51,815#

Really?

Scalehouses were closed right? Run it driver.

Holy shit. Single 50 gal tank on a lightweight daycab ?

Did you even leave the yard?

• mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

51,815#

Really?

Twinscrew daycab, with 2 100gal tanks.

It was comical. I just looked at the guy who loaded the trailer and politely said, I am not taking this . He rolls his eyes and says...Well you are going to have to call so and so. I respond...I am not calling anyone...Either take 4-5K off this trailer, or it sits all night, and I go back to Chicago with an empty. We went back and forth, HE made a couple calls....The trailer sat for someone else.

What made these clowns think I would have NO PROBLEM breaking State and Federal trucking laws?

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

51,815#

Really?

It was comical. I just looked at the guy who loaded the trailer and politely said, I am not taking this . He rolls his eyes and says...Well you are going to have to call so and so. I respond...I am not calling anyone...Either take 4-5K off this trailer, or it sits all night, and I go back to Chicago with an empty. We went back and forth, HE made a couple calls....The trailer sat for someone else.

What made these clowns think I would have NO PROBLEM breaking State and Federal trucking laws?

Because someone else has. My guess would be based in elk grove?

• mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

51,815#

Really?

Because someone else has. My guess would be based in elk grove?
    No, not in Elk Grove.

The dock guy tells me...I have 3 drivers right now who will come and grab this load...I say...Well GREAT then I don't have to worry about it now, what else do you have for me....

He just gave me a dirty look. For some reason he thought I would feel threatened?.. Or maybe think my job would be in jeopardy?.... What a clown.

This was a customer or your company warehouse?

• mickeyrat said:

This was a customer or your company warehouse?

One of OUR companies terminals. I mean seriously? You know what I should have done? I should have taken the load, driven 7 miles to the Truck Stop, gotten myself weighed, and then called the DOT or State Police, and let the whole scenario play out. The LAST thing my company would expect a driver to do. But it would have been perfect. It boggles my mind that these clowns thought they could intimidate me into taking that load.
    Have an office friend yet?
    In the end it's on the driver of course. But to purposely load overweight?

The bills stated 51k?

• mickeyrat said:

Have an office friend yet?
    In the end it's on the driver of course. But to purposely load overweight?

The bills stated 51k?

51815# stated right on the bills.

Oh well, I am pretty sure they wont attempt that with me again.
    "Well I have 3 drivers willing to turn over several paychecks right now....."

Fuck that shit. I learned the hard way.

• Spent an hour at the DMV, renewing my license and taking the Hazmat test.
    $86 for fingerprints? My fingerprints haven't changed over the years. Why must I fork over $86 every 4 years? $60 for a new license? I am thinking it costs $1.00 to issue the new license.

I fucking HATE the DMV!!!
  • Hey Mickey, you will love this one.

New guy starts yesterday, they are going to have him follow me to our terminal 300 or so miles up north. I introduce myself to the guy, and let him know I will give him some directions and a map to where we are heading. He gives me a look as if to say "I don't need or want your help". What he does say is "Just give me an address".

Ok no problem, here is your address and good luck.

Well he makes it to our terminal up North, I introduce him to the man in charge, and I drop my trailer, hook a trailer, and head back home. 2 and a half hours later I get a phone call from my dispatcher. He is furious. The new guy hooked the wrong trailer and is now heading back towards Chicago. Not only did he hook the wrong trailer, he hooked the same trailer I just brought up North!

So basically on his 1st day on the job, he accomplished not a damn thing! Hahaha
    edited November 2015
    oh man. Not a good start. Wonder how long the "I got this" attitude will last.

Funny, I had subway tonight, the cashier asked if things had gotten better at schneider. Why do you ask? I say. Apparently my company doesnt reimburse expenses to drivers.

Umm no. Some may need preapproval. Others just need to stay on top of the office to get them input for payment, as long as our end of things has been done. expense request attached to the load its for. etc. Never had an issue getting paid back.

So how goes it? In your "spot" now? Truck running good?

• mickeyrat said:

oh man. Not a good start. Wonder how long the "I got this" attitude will last.

Funny, I had subway tonight, the cashier asked if things had gotten better at schneider. Why do you ask? I say. Apparently my company doesnt reimburse expenses to drivers.

Umm no. Some may need preapproval. Others just need to stay on top of the office to get them input for payment, as long as our end of things has been done. expense request attached to the load its for. etc. Never had an issue getting paid back.

So how goes it? In your "spot" now? Truck running good?

Its all good.
    Nice, simple, easy work. Drive my 300-400 miles a night, and go home after 8-10 hours.
    Life is good.

How are they treating you?
    banging out the miles. since 3-17 when I came aboard this account and was assigned this truck I have put 80K on this one. 4 1/2 months not counted.

Been hitting the metrics for quaterly bonus. They have seen my stellar on time performance and leave me be.

All good for now. Typical though, am close to starting to fill out apps for LTL and the freigfht market tanks ( this is why dedicated is where its at in OTR work.).. Havent looked at Old Dominion for a bit to see if they are still hiring in columbus. No sweat though, Have the final 5k retention payment due in April. Was considering leaving before then like the firstt of the year, but this helps ease things.

• When you finally make the move.
    You are going to LOVE LTL.
    I know the wife to be(count down is on , weekend after Turkey day) most certainly will. I will too for sure, never enough time to do all the shit that needs done.

• Congratulations!

Thank you sir. we seem to work well together. Besides, she laughs at the stupid shit I say.

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    mickeyrat said:

Thank you sir. we seem to work well together. Besides, she laughs at the stupid shit I say.

Always important.

congrats, mickey!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    WoooHoooo!!!! Outlaw truckin!!!!!

Parked next to a no parking sign at a service plaza on the Pa Turnpike. About 4 1/2 hours in on my 10 hr break. tap tap tap. "hate to do this to you man...." says the state police officer. 30 miles and 1 HOS violation later I was fortunate to get into a LEGAL marked space at a Plaza 35 miles down the road.

10 starts over, my plan(hope) for early delivery is down the tubes.

Bright side is Starbucks still in effect when I do get to leave THIS location.

been a minute.

filling out 2 apps today. LTL- dayton freight and dry bulk a&r transport

plus I have an interview monday for fuel hauler gig

fuel gig is mine if I want it.

turned down the fuel job. have interview monday for an ltl job. a segment of trucking I wanted to be in.

Just got offered a job with Dayton Freight. LTL linehaul gig. I accepted.

Final delivery for my time here at Schneider National. Moving on to a better situation. Have some thoughts I'll share later.