Options

The Chicago Blackhawks Thread

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    mca47 said:

It amazes me...
    Every year...
    When the Hawks win the cup, everywhere you look, all you see is "The Hawks aren't that great!" "Team x was a better team but the playoffs are weird." Blah, blah fn blah! Give me a damn break.
    Bunch of sore losers out there!

Between that crap and "Blackhawks didn't have any fans until 2010".... if that's so, then please explain why the 08/09 season saw their highest per game home attendance of the last 8 years.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250

mca47 said:

It amazes me...
    Every year...
    When the Hawks win the cup, everywhere you look, all you see is "The Hawks aren't that great!" "Team x was a better team but the playoffs are weird." Blah, blah fn blah! Give me a damn break.
    Bunch of sore losers out there!

Between that crap and "Blackhawks didn't have any fans until 2010".... if that's so, then please explain why the 08/09 season saw their highest per game home attendance of the last 8 years.
    Yep. Completely dumb. Can't wait to see the comments when they win it next year too! ha!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    edited June 2015
    I've liked the blackhawks for 25 years.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

Nobody cares scott
  • Options
    edited June 2015

And NO you didn't, fucken liar

Edit-I'll just text you the other word you are. It starts with an "A". Text coming, wait for it.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    badbrains said:

Edit-I'll just text you the other word you are. It starts with an "A". Text coming, wait for it.
    The edit, Nart, was a misspelled word that I corrected. I've been a Blackhawk fan since the Chelios days. Do u ch e.
  • Options

badbrains said:

The edit, Nart, was a misspelled word that I corrected. I've been a Blackhawk fan since the Chelios days. Do u ch e.
    Text delivered
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,791
    Parade then a party at Soldier Field.
    That free ticket for Soldier Field is NOT GOING TO BE EASY TO GET.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

Who's giving them away speedy?
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Who's giving them away speedy?
    Going to be announced later this evening.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,845
    Congrats. Not sure if i would call them a dynasty, but close. If you call them a dynasty I guess ou would have to call the San Francisco Giants a dynasty then?

I remember when the Phillies won the World Series and they had a party at the Linc. It wasn't worth it. someone gave me their free ticket and I couldn't even get close to the Linc, just stayed outside the ballpark and partied.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Congrats. Not sure if i would call them a dynasty, but close. If you call them a dynasty I guess ou would have to call the San Francisco Giants a dynasty then?

I remember when the Phillies won the World Series and they had a party at the Linc. It wasn't worth it. someone gave me their free ticket and I couldn't even get close to the Linc, just stayed outside the ballpark and partied.

I'd def call them a dynasty, especially in this sport. Hardest trophy to win. But I could also see why someone wouldn't.
  • Options

Hockey is a lot different than other sports. The cap space in hockey makes it almost impossible for back to back or multiple championships in a short period of time.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    I think the SI cover with "Modern Dynasty" sums it pretty well. With the hard cap, winning 3 in 6 years is a dynasty. But I can see why some people wouldn't call it that since they haven't won any back to back. We'll see next year!
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013

muskydan said:

mca47 said:

Fuckin Dynasty!!!!!

I love the knucklehead drunks partying in Wrigleyville! Just hope they don't get crazy, and start destroying property.
    You should have been there my Man. Other than the Hawks we don't get many of these in our Town. The boys in the Blue and White pin stripes will be next SOON. Thank you BLACKHAWKS!!! Now its time to Chase the Cup around all one the city……..
    Looks like everyone had fun.....And didn't get too out of hand.

I'm thinking of hitting the parade on Thursday.
    As you should. I will be there and getting paid…..I Just got Back from the Cubs game and saw the Boys w/ Lord Stanley's Cup…never get's old.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I'd call the SF Giants a dynasty as well.
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

mca47 said:

Fuckin Dynasty!!!!!

I love the knucklehead drunks partying in Wrigleyville! Just hope they don't get crazy, and start destroying property.
    You should have been there my Man. Other than the Hawks we don't get many of these in our Town. The boys in the Blue and White pin stripes will be next SOON. Thank you BLACKHAWKS!!! Now its time to Chase the Cup around all one the city……..

As you should. I will be there and getting paid…..I Just got Back from the Cubs game and saw the Boys w/ Lord Stanley's Cup…never get's old.
    Nice!!!
  • Options
    muskydan said:

muskydan said:

mca47 said:

Fuckin Dynasty!!!!!

Maybe you can help speedy get in.
  • Options
    I have a feeling there will be 1 million people trying for these 60,000 tickets that are available for this Hawks rally at Soldier Field.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    This coming from a BRUINS fan from 1971....CONGRATULATIONS. I predicted long ago the Hawks were going to win the Cup and they did so @ home after 70 years.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

This coming from a BRUINS fan from 1971....CONGRATULATIONS. I predicted long ago the Hawks were going to win the Cup and they did so @ home after 70 years.

Peace

Thanks man!
  • Options
    pjscreamerpjscreamer Posts: 593
    Well earned cup congrats to my people in chi town happy you finally won at home my boy got seasons ties got hope at 4 am after the game he is a champ he saw all 3 cup wins live he said this one is the best.Speedy happy for ya bro wait till next time Jay will tell ya all about it
    Let's Go Yanks!
    96)Randalls Island I,II
    98)NJ,MSG I,II
    00) Virginia Beach Jones Beach I,II,III Saratoga Springs Seattle I
    03)Nassau Camden I MSG I,II NJ
    04)Boston I,II Reading
    05)Montreal Ottawa Toronto Borgata I,II Philly
    06) Irving plaza Albany Hartford Camden I,II NJ I,II LA I,II Gorge I,II
    07)Lolla
    08)Roo Camden I,II MSG I,II Hartford Beacon
    09)Chicago I,II Philly II,III,IV
    10)Hartford Newark MSG I,II
    11)PJ20 I,II
    13)Wrigley Brooklyn I,II Hartford
    14)Moline,milwaukee
    15)Central Park
    16)MSG I,II
    17)Wrigley I,II
    18)Wrigley I,II
    22)MSG,Camden
  • Options

Well earned cup congrats to my people in chi town happy you finally won at home my boy got seasons ties got hope at 4 am after the game he is a champ he saw all 3 cup wins live he said this one is the best.Speedy happy for ya bro wait till next time Jay will tell ya all about it

Right on!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    Congrats!

• Options
    Really cool scene downtown yesterday with the parade and the rally at Soldier Field. Crawford dropping the f-bomb again!
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,923
    Regarding dynasty: no question. Two Cups in four years is nuts. Three in six years? Fucking unreal. As a Penguins fan that has had high expectations for years...is there a more intense word for jealousy?
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Stop worrying about what other people are saying and just enjoy it. BTW, I never heard anyone say anything about the other 2 cups not being legit.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options

Regarding dynasty: no question. Two Cups in four years is nuts. Three in six years? Fucking unreal. As a Penguins fan that has had high expectations for years...is there a more intense word for jealousy?

100%. And try being a Fucken Rangers fan with Hank all these years. We want the Fucken cup.
  • Options
    So nothing but baseball for the next 2.5 months until football starts. The white sox are pretty much unwatchable at this point. What the fuck am I supposed to do now???
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited June 2015

So nothing but baseball for the next 2.5 months until football starts. The white sox are pretty much unwatchable at this point. What the fuck am I supposed to do now???

Drink from your cup and stop rubbing it in!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer