2»

Comments

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOA!!! You're the man!
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    mcgruff10 said:

saw silver chair in 95/96 at rose land, nyc. and it was one of the best shows i ever saw! loved frog stomp but never went any further into their catalog....what would be the next album to get into?

Just bought Diorama on vinyl and it's very good. Never got into frogstomp but Silverchairs others are very good records.
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    timmay44212timmay44212 Posts: 107
    edited June 2015

I honestly can't get into "Frogstomp" or "Freak Show" as collective albums. There are some great songs, but they don't have that album feel that you get with Neon Ballroom or Diorama.
    Emotion Sickness and Across The Night as back to back album openers is so impressive. Diorama is just brilliant. A truly brilliant album. To me, it's the "Pet Sounds" of my generation, except people here don't know shit about it. Luv Your Life would be the God Only Knows. It's just amazing. The vinyl pressings go for ridiculous money. I'd sell my soul to hear that album on a great stereo.
    Young Modern is...meh. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't make it through half the record. The b-sides are pretty solid though. Same for Diorama. Asylum is one of the best b-sides of all time. It's so beautiful.
    The new album is really growing on me. Fast. Dissolve is a hit in a perfect world. Great song.

Check out the seller Collectors Choice on discogs, got my copy of Diorama reissued by Music On Vinyl for around $25
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    rival. said:

daniel johns is a monster. diorama and young modern are still two of my favorite albums -- never heard anything like them before and never heard anything like them since. those two albums still hold up incredibly well. wish silverchair was still making music, but i can see how daniel got a little burnt out on that whole scene being he wrote all but four or five silverchair songs (music and lyrics). lots of demand on him, and the last two albums were really pretty complex. took a long, long break and reinvented himself. respect!

that being said, i don't think he ever sounded like EV. i think it's just a blanket statement regarding that 90's sound and wanting to back away from it.

What Rival said *thumbs up*