David Letterman is Back

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't really give a shit what Dave thinks TBH. The show is for the audience. Just sayin'.

I'm fairly certain most have come on the show in the past 3 weeks to honor Dave. A-list celebrities asking to come on to pay their respects. Dave and his show has done a lot for so many careers.
    Yeah, all true. Nothing to do with what I said, but true.
    Well, kind of does. These last few shows were for Dave, not us.
    I was not aware of that.... Isn't Dave doing it for his faithful fans??
    I don't think Norm McDonald was holding back the tears for the fans.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2015

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't really give a shit what Dave thinks TBH. The show is for the audience. Just sayin'.

I'm fairly certain most have come on the show in the past 3 weeks to honor Dave. A-list celebrities asking to come on to pay their respects. Dave and his show has done a lot for so many careers.
    Yeah, all true. Nothing to do with what I said, but true.
    Well, kind of does. These last few shows were for Dave, not us.
    I was not aware of that.... Isn't Dave doing it for his faithful fans??
    I don't think Norm McDonald was holding back the tears for the fans.
    I'm sure he wasn't. I doubt he had much control over the tears at all. But thst has nothing to do with Dave's motivations.

Norm is the best.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    it's usually the same people who complain
    I miss igotid88
    I wonder how many Hootie and the Blowfish fans were upset they didn't do a different song or a cover?
    I miss igotid88
    I wonder how many Hootie and the Blowfish fans were upset they didn't do a different song or a cover?
    I miss igotid88
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    igotid88 said:

hootie's voice has held up pretty well
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    So what will Dylan sing tonight?

Thinking Forever Young.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    In a way, tonight is Dave's last real show. Last guest. Last musical guest. Tomorrow night is highlight reels and surprises.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Wow, and some people on here thought Eddie was awkward last night! What the hell was Bob Dylan doing tonight? What a weirdo.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I should probably find a Bob Dylan thread for my comments on him..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wow, and some people on here thought Eddie was awkward last night! What the hell was Bob Dylan doing tonight? What a weirdo.

Lol what was that? What is his deal? I heard he won't talk to people?? Did he want to be there? I think he's one of the most overrated legend song writers out there.. What a weirdo lol I'm laughing my ass of still.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    Wma31394 said:

Lol what was that? What is his deal? I heard he won't talk to people?? Did he want to be there? I think he's one of the most overrated legend song writers out there.. What a weirdo lol I'm laughing my ass of still.
    What a fucktard.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Weirdo and fucktard?

Man, you guys are harsh.
    hedonist said:

Weirdo and fucktard?

Man, you guys are harsh.

Yeah that was harsh, lol.

I felt like he didn't appreciate being there, that's all. But he did act weird. He seemed spaced out almost. I guess maybe I just don't get him. But I take the fucktard comment back.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    edited May 2015
    Jesus people, it's Bob Dylan. Some people here were dismissing B.B. King just a few months ago. Where are those critics now?

Fuck... I'm wearing out the edit button.

EDIT, On second thought, you guys are right. Bob Dylan sucks. And to prove it, here's a short list of other musicians who agree and would never waste their time covering any of his songs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_have_covered_Bob_Dylan_songs

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Bill Murray is FANTASTIC!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    found last night show to be great except for one thing. what is with all the fucken commercials!

as a tribute, wearing an old late nite t-shirt and drinking from my late show mug. here is to dave for all the laughs
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    I thought it was touching how both Dave and Dylan had tears in their eyes at the end of the song.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Leno's send their regards.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Jimmy Kimmel's a class act.
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Foo Fighter's on tonight
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jason P said:

The Leno's send their regards.

LOL

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    brianlux said:

Jesus people, it's Bob Dylan. Some people here were dismissing B.B. King just a few months ago. Where are those critics now?

Fuck... I'm wearing out the edit button.

EDIT, On second thought, you guys are right. Bob Dylan sucks. And to prove it, here's a short list of other musicians who agree and would never waste their time covering any of his songs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_have_covered_Bob_Dylan_songs

well said.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I watched Norm's stand up. didn't laugh once.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The show will run long. So set your dvrs
    I miss igotid88
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    igotid88 said:

The show will run long. So set your dvrs

Yeah...I saw on twitter that its going to run 20 mins longer than usual. DVR has been set accordingly.
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    ^^^^ Good to know. Last couple have been cut short.
    15 minutes until the final show begins and I find myself feeling very sad. I hate that he is retiring, but he deserves it. Congratulations Mr. Letterman. I hope you don't drop off the face of the earth like Carson did.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    An overwhelming feeling of sadness just knocked me the hell out ....I checked my dvr to see if they were even going to show reruns starting tomorrow night....nope. The fucking Mentalist is scheduled to be in the 11:35pm time slot. I guess I just assumed they would show old classic episodes after tonight.

For some reason, this really feels like a punch to the gut to me. I'm really gonna miss this guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    edited May 2015
    Staying up as late as I can tonight with a few beers. Can't say I am the biggest fan, he was always my go to if I ever stayed up this late, which I never really did. Funny guy, late night tv was never really my thing, but always found him funny. Plus my old man loved the guy.

I actually always found myself watching these shows when I was traveling to the west coast once a month or so for work. Brutal on the east coast
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on