David Letterman is Back

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    edited May 2015

No, not always. Seems like he put on some weight and was slurring a little bit. Shots in the green room maybe?

I don't know. But Norm has always spoken like that,
    I miss igotid88
    I'm glad Dave's been winning in the ratings the last week. Although not in the coveted 18-49, But still.
    I miss igotid88
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    igotid88 said:

No, not always. Seems like he put on some weight and was slurring a little bit. Shots in the green room maybe?

Some people put on weight as they get older.

Hello, Dan Aykroyd!

I just love Norm and his mind.

"Joe Camel looks like a cock!"
    hedonist said:

igotid88 said:

Some people put on weight as they get older.

Hello, Dan Aykroyd!

I just love Norm and his mind.

"Joe Camel looks like a cock!"
    was gonna say that also. about gaining weight as you get older
    I miss igotid88
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Norm doesn't drink. He is awesome though
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Norm is awesome.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Norm doesn't drink. He is awesome though

Between your username and your comment, I feel like I'm in some kind of Cheers bizarro-world.

We need Coach and Woody!
    It would be cool if Eddie sat with the band
    I miss igotid88
    Something I wish would have happened but won't. Letterman used to have a bit called "Is this anything". The curtain would come up and a performer would do their act. I was hoping he would do that today and the whole band would start playing.
    I miss igotid88
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    We still have an analog converter and often don't get reception. The chance of my being able to see Dave's last show tomorrow night is about one in four. Keeping my fingers crossed as I have to stay home to keep close to family matters. I hope it gets put on YouTube!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I miss igotid88
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Well, that was....ok.
    Kinda weird.
    But ok.
    great performance
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Thank you, igotid88, I totally agree. Lots of energy and fun. Thank you my TV for working. I got to watch it! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Great send off for Letterman.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,172
    I liked it. not the greatest musically but lots of energy and passion. was worth staying up for.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    pjhawks said:

I liked it. not the greatest musically but lots of energy and passion. was worth staying up for.

Yes it was!
    very good ratings yesterday
    I miss igotid88
    I'm really surprised at all of the Eddie blasting that's going on. Can't be great every night. But it was good. Couldn't ask for more. I'm betting Dave thought it was one of the best performances ever on his show. And isn't that what matters?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I don't really give a shit what Dave thinks TBH. The show is for the audience. Just sayin'.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789
    PJ_Soul said:

I don't really give a shit what Dave thinks TBH. The show is for the audience. Just sayin'.

Really?
    On his last week ......
    After 34 years on television.....
    Dave isn't allowed to have a say-so in what music he wants to hear?

Really?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    PJ_Soul said:

I'm fairly certain most have come on the show in the past 3 weeks to honor Dave. A-list celebrities asking to come on to pay their respects. Dave and his show has done a lot for so many careers.
    edited May 2015

PJ_Soul said:

Really?
    On his last week ......
    After 34 years on television.....
    Dave isn't allowed to have a say-so in what music he wants to hear?

Really?
    I'm not even a fan, so don't care one way or the other. Really.
    Sure he can have a say so if he wants. I didn't say he couldn't.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

PJ_Soul said:

I'm fairly certain most have come on the show in the past 3 weeks to honor Dave. A-list celebrities asking to come on to pay their respects. Dave and his show has done a lot for so many careers.
    Yeah, all true. Nothing to do with what I said, but true.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    so kind of a disappointing performance, vocally (not surprising), from ed. but i loved the passion and him rocking out at the end was fucking awesome.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited May 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, kind of does. These last few shows were for Dave, not us.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well, kind of does. These last few shows were for Dave, not us.
    I was not aware of that.... Isn't Dave doing it for his faithful fans??